• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Hi all! On our way back north...currently in Virginia. Should be home very early in the morning.

Finally figured out what Charlie's tummy trouble was! One of the nipples on the bottle was split and he was getting too much too fast.

Well catch you all at some point tomorrow!

Since you figured out the problem I guess no more 2:00 feedings

He will start sleeping longer now

Safe travels on your way back home

Schumi has snow and today I had lawn service mow my yard

whats wrong with this picture....

:sad2:..........I’m in the wrong country!!!!

Just popped in to wish Robo another late :bday::bday::bday::cake: hope all your wishes come true.

Congrats on your teaching debut Carole, I know you did an awesome job :thumbsup2

Good night all, sweet dreams :cat:

Thanks Vicki........I loved it.......

Hi all! On our way back north...currently in Virginia. Should be home very early in the morning.

Finally figured out what Charlie's tummy trouble was! One of the nipples on the bottle was split and he was getting too much too fast.

Well catch you all at some point tomorrow!

Safe travels if you aren’t already home.........hope the trip was a good one!

Don’t normally ask DS to txt me when he gets to work, but did this morning.......he left almost 2 hours before he’s due to start work as snow is bad and roads will be slow. Usually takes him 35 minutes or so depending in traffic.....think it’ll be longer this morning.

We have black heavy skies and are forecast heavy snowfall later today............:(

I need some sunshine..........:sunny:

Have a great Tuesday..........

Good Afternoon Schumi! Stay safe with the snow.

Kfish, at least that was an easy fix once you realize why Charlie was not feeling well. Hope your trip home was quick and all the boys are sleeping. Also hope you had a great vacation.

Whew, black cat ran across the street in front of the car in front of me. Better not be bad luck for me seeing that. Kitty was speedy, and we were not traveling fast, so lucky kitty. Early morning and early evening driving always makes me a little nervous. Pets and wildlife tend to be around and crossing the road during those times.

We've had a warmer than usual February, last storm dumped 3 inches of rain, as we end February, over 8 inches of rain for the month. 5th wettest February since record keeping. But today, even though last Tuesday was 60 degrees, and today, 32, (darn frost on car windows), we again have full sun. That high weather system chased all the clouds away last night, and temperatures dropped quickly. Below freezing in the wee hours. No matter, as the weather guy said, upbeat day today, we get to see the sun. Yeah, it's been gray for more days than I can count. So, here comes the sun. Da da da, and it's alright. Not looking forward to the very wet start of March. Coastal storm arriving Thursday morning, with heavy rounds of rain, with wind advisory, and flood warnings. Will not be done giving us more rain until Saturday morning. Than on Saturday afternoon, a very windy, cloudy, and cool weather during the soccer game. Temp at game, 40. I'll be wrapped in my blanket, thank you.

So, Tuesday it is, grab a taco, and enjoy the day.

What a day!

Weather has just got worse as the day has gone on.......we got in just in front of DS......drive through the start of a blizzard, got home it eased off. But, wow.......just spent half an hour watching the most recent blizzard!!! Never seen anything like it...........glad we’re all home.......

It’s baltic though! -7 with wind chill.......cold for us. It’s been colder though.......but not pleasant.

No tacos for us........pulled pork made spicy........DS had a pizza as we were all in late........had nice afternoon mentoring........worked with two of the group from yesterday just us.........it was good!

Tonight is a large red Pinot Noir and some tv......while watching the snow outside swirl around.........

Hope your Tuesday weather is better........

Stay safe Schumi! Enjoy the red. Mostly TV watching for me tonight too.

Left overs most likely for dinner.

Blue skies and full day sun is just teasing us. Clouds arrive tomorrow afternoon. Boo.

I saw pictures of Rome, and the snow on the buildings. Just wow. For some reason I did not think it snowed there. Everyone looked unhappy and cold.

Thank you everyone for the happy birthday wishes.

Sitting on chair with tootsies propped up outside Fat Tuesday’s having margaritas.
Weather is beautiful. Sunny and 78 and a nice breeze. I looked at weather on iPhone and it said it was raining in Orlando.....uh..... no it’s not....

Schumi all the snow and cold you are having will be but a memory when you get to the beautiful warm sunshine in Orlando.

Was out all afternoon, opened the door when i returned and the lovely aroma of Swiss steak in the crock pot greeted me! I’ve been using it far more this year, going thru a phase. Sorta glad i didn’t get one of those new hot pots. If anyone did check the batch number, they are melting & catching on fire!

What??
You only have one tv?

Come on over to my place and watch WD with me

Only 3 in my house and we have 4 TVs

And thinking of getting a 5 th tv for my blue room

Lynne ask for a tv on your next birthday

More the merrier! TWD was a snooze fest

Sitting at Universal waiting for the parade to start.

View attachment 304891

Me too, started watching at 5:30 after I got home from work.

I had a long day since we had a 2 hour store meeting at 6 a.m.. ..hope I can stay awake long enough to watch talking dead.

Keisha...I'm with you on the mandolin as I value my fingers too much to risk losing them. Trey bought one last year and almost cut the tip of his finger off the first time he used it.

Love the cranes Robo but not in my yard...I have enough trouble with squirrels and armidillos.

I've been letting my gray grow out and haven't colored my hair for almost a year now. I was surprised that I didn't have much to speak of only a few here and there so I'm saving on hair care products.

Enjoy TWD for all who watch and have a great night homies :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, that’s crazy re Trey’s finger. He probably just shrugged it off.

Armadillos? No kidding, that is striking me very cool. Only have seen one of them at Kennedy Space Center blocking the tour bus from proceeding on the road lol

th
ooh, as I was driving, is that day break a little lighter today? Cracks of daylight can been seen now, shoo clouds. At least the rain has moved out to sea, and North of us. Wet, wet week-end.

Good luck with your talk if you've not gone yet, Schumi. I am sure you are/will do a excellent talk.

Yeah Mac, I guess we don't watch enough TV to have more. We have one large family TV in our family room, and kids have small ones in their room. The kids' TVs also work a monitors and mostly used for game playing.

Sigh, 4 practices this week, some far enough away,and late, really? Spring soccer in earnest.

HeHe, another soccer parent thought little one drove herself to the game. Yeah, not yet. She did drive, but I was the annoying parent in the other front seat.

Hope Tink has a shorter day today. Enjoy your coffee, it's Monday.

Good Morning Mac. Hope your feeling well today. How did you like this episode of WD?

Hey Keisha, hope DS is healing, and not in pain.

Robo, hope you enjoyed catching beads and the parade. Party on!

With that, tea is the drink of the day. Still cool, 42 out. I am with one of the other soccer parents (who came back from Costa Rica), tired of the cool and cold, want warm weather now. It is still winter - see Schumi has snow flurries.

:rockband:

That’s looks like my havanese, well before he got scalped today. OMG another horrible cut, shaved instead of the scissors i specified at petsmart this time. I may have to go to grooming school & do it myself.

Oops forgot our gal Keisha
Thinking about you and your son

Hope he is improving to the point where he is out of pain and his surgery will be soon

He’s hanging, not himself yet, going to be long road as head injuries usually are, honestly, he’s very lucky. Went to retrieve the personal items in car yesterday. Let’s just say they officially declared it a biohazard from all the blood.

Belated :bday: Robo.......glad your trip is going well and your husband is having a lovely time too........

Yep, time together is precious.........the best thing about our trips together are just that.....being together in such a lovely place.......amazing memories. And yes, presents are nice too........::yes::

Had a fabulous afternoon with the students. Talked for too long about everything but so much fun. They had done imaginary trip reports......some were amazing, but pointed out to one girl it wasn’t Facebook nor a personal day to day diary of her life.......so much personal info in there that’s nothing to do with anything........apart from that they were good!

Mentoring two of them tomorrow........I’m sure that’ll go well too.......but it was so much fun.........and got me thinking again........:scratchin

Yes mac you can call me professor........but I’m not going back to work........no thanks to that.......lol.......:wave2:

Snow is here. Dreading tomorrow if it’s going to be as bad as they say........the U.K. doesn’t cope well with lots of snow.......

Staying put in a blizzard is a very good thing.

Had to laugh re the story re the one student who over-shared, reminds me of a few trip reports that are no more than glorified blogs that ramble on & on from one trip to the next. Present company excluded! Yours are always informative and interesting takes on photos that make things seem fresh.

Schumi has snow and today I had lawn service mow my yard

whats wrong with this picture....

Hmmph, i’ll tell you what’s wrong, it’s the fact that the majority of us are hoping we are done shoveling the white stuff lol. JK, know you had more than your share in Chicago!

I bet Robo got more beads than the kitty has on!

Keisha you will remember this...

One year on our hhn rip private tour I gave out Mardi Gras beads to all in the group

That was a fun night

Stay safe Schumi! Enjoy the red. Mostly TV watching for me tonight too.

Left overs most likely for dinner.

Blue skies and full day sun is just teasing us. Clouds arrive tomorrow afternoon. Boo.

I saw pictures of Rome, and the snow on the buildings. Just wow. For some reason I did not think it snowed there. Everyone looked unhappy and cold.

Wine was nice Lynne........yes, mainland Europe can get a lot of snow.......many years ago we were in Rimini in Italy in January for a friends birthday.......it was cold and snowy........and certainly can be miserable! Don’t think we left our hotel the whole weekend.......lol........

Thank you everyone for the happy birthday wishes.

Sitting on chair with tootsies propped up outside Fat Tuesday’s having margaritas.
Weather is beautiful. Sunny and 78 and a nice breeze. I looked at weather on iPhone and it said it was raining in Orlando.....uh..... no it’s not....

Schumi all the snow and cold you are having will be but a memory when you get to the beautiful warm sunshine in Orlando.

Sounds like a lovely trip Robo........and yes, can’t wait to get to Orlando......it’s truly dreadful here.......

Was out all afternoon, opened the door when i returned and the lovely aroma of Swiss steak in the crock pot greeted me! I’ve been using it far more this year, going thru a phase. Sorta glad i didn’t get one of those new hot pots. If anyone did check the batch number, they are melting & catching on fire!

More the merrier! TWD was a snooze fest

Oh my gosh, that’s crazy re Trey’s finger. He probably just shrugged it off.

Armadillos? No kidding, that is striking me very cool. Only have seen one of them at Kennedy Space Center blocking the tour bus from proceeding on the road lol

That’s looks like my havanese, well before he got scalped today. OMG another horrible cut, shaved instead of the scissors i specified at petsmart this time. I may have to go to grooming school & do it myself.

He’s hanging, not himself yet, going to be long road as head injuries usually are, honestly, he’s very lucky. Went to retrieve the personal items in car yesterday. Let’s just say they officially declared it a biohazard from all the blood.

Staying put in a blizzard is a very good thing.

Had to laugh re the story re the one student who over-shared, reminds me of a few trip reports that are no more than glorified blogs that ramble on & on from one trip to the next. Present company excluded! Yours are always informative and interesting takes on photos that make things seem fresh.

Hmmph, i’ll tell you what’s wrong, it’s the fact that the majority of us are hoping we are done shoveling the white stuff lol. JK, know you had more than your share in Chicago!

Happy Birthday Robo, tear it up :)View attachment 305347

I love my crock pots Janet.......winter dishes are just the best in them! Not sure what a hot pot is.........

Oh my goodness. Seeing the car must have been dreadful! He’ll get there........he has you! Oh poor puppy......yep, I’d bet you’d make a better job than the doggy place..........

Thanks for the vote of confidence on my trip reports.......lol......yes, I know what you mean.......the student understood when I said it wasn’t Facebook as she is an avid Facebook user and I believe she shares every detail of her life on there too.......it’s amazing what folks feel they have to share on public forums......but her second effort is already better!

I don’t like cats, but I do like that picture........cute.......

One year on our hhn rip private tour I gave out Mardi Gras beads to all in the group

That was a fun night

I miss not being there at the same time as the tour!!! I should have extended our September/October trip this year........::yes::

Well, what a night..........never heard a howling wind like it.......snow just fell all night and it’s nasty this morning......we have -6 and apparently it feels colder..........it may not be as bad as some countries get........there’s worse than us........:rolleyes: but for the UK, this is fairly bad.........

DS has left for work........we don’t plan to do much today as roads are bad. Won’t be going for my usual Wednesday night out with friend tonight.........

Warm breakfast this morning........bacon sandwich and boiling hot tea...........

Have a great Wednesday...........:)

th
Good Morning Homies! Those nasty, rain filled clouds are starting to arrive. But, beautiful sunrise this morning. Yep, camel has seen his shadow for just a bit today. Hello Wednesday! Nice to meet ya. Hump day indeed, as already looking forward to the week-end. With the bulk of the rain to come on Thursday and Friday, I think at least a 3 day week-end is called for.

Schumi, stay warm. Sounded like a noisy night with all that wind. With our rain, we get 45 mph winds. That rain will be coming sideways. Thankful it is not snow. 3 or so inches of rain with this coastal system. Was hoping it hugs the coast and is more out to sea than they are predicting so far. Enjoy your night out with your friend. Bacon. yum. Not as lush a breakfast for me, but hot tea like you. It's cool inside. Have a nice afternoon, and hope DS gets home safely.

Robo, so happy your are enjoying your trip with your DH. Safe travel home, and hope your Dsis is well.

Keisha, yeah, at least you can replace the car. Scary, very scary. I hope DS continues to heal, without pain, and any surgeries he needs, yield excellent results. Sending hugs and prayers that he gets well soon. I have a crock pot. It sits in the cabinet. Used it once, since getting a new one for Christmas last year. I just use the oven and stove top most of the time. I should use the pot and cook one of those beef roasts, to make my own roast beef. No time this week-end. Game, far enough away, it takes the bulk of the day on Saturday, and on Sunday, Flower Show and early lunch out with the girls: me, little one, and my Dsis. We have a great time, and enjoy food at the Hard Rock for lunch. Looking forward to lots of colors at the Show, as it's been gray for quite some time now. Even though it's been warmer than normal, no green grass or other pretty colors out. It will be a fun morning in the City, then meeting up with my Dsis in law, to see if she can shorten little one's prom dress. I am hoping she can, as I'd rather find out early if she can't, so we can find another dress. Prom is in April, but I'd rather pace out all the costs. Hair, and now she wants to have someone do her make up. Sigh. At least only 2 years of this. I am getting old and poor. LOL

With that, hot tea for me. Wonderful Wednesday to you all!

That was a fun night

It was! Heck, they all were pretty darn great :) Can’t wait for this year!

th
Good Morning Homies! Those nasty, rain filled clouds are starting to arrive. But, beautiful sunrise this morning. Yep, camel has seen his shadow for just a bit today. Hello Wednesday! Nice to meet ya. Hump day indeed, as already looking forward to the week-end. With the bulk of the rain to come on Thursday and Friday, I think at least a 3 day week-end is called for.

Schumi, stay warm. Sounded like a noisy night with all that wind. With our rain, we get 45 mph winds. That rain will be coming sideways. Thankful it is not snow. 3 or so inches of rain with this coastal system. Was hoping it hugs the coast and is more out to sea than they are predicting so far. Enjoy your night out with your friend. Bacon. yum. Not as lush a breakfast for me, but hot tea like you. It's cool inside. Have a nice afternoon, and hope DS gets home safely.

Robo, so happy your are enjoying your trip with your DH. Safe travel home, and hope your Dsis is well.

Keisha, yeah, at least you can replace the car. Scary, very scary. I hope DS continues to heal, without pain, and any surgeries he needs, yield excellent results. Sending hugs and prayers that he gets well soon. I have a crock pot. It sits in the cabinet. Used it once, since getting a new one for Christmas last year. I just use the oven and stove top most of the time. I should use the pot and cook one of those beef roasts, to make my own roast beef. No time this week-end. Game, far enough away, it takes the bulk of the day on Saturday, and on Sunday, Flower Show and early lunch out with the girls: me, little one, and my Dsis. We have a great time, and enjoy food at the Hard Rock for lunch. Looking forward to lots of colors at the Show, as it's been gray for quite some time now. Even though it's been warmer than normal, no green grass or other pretty colors out. It will be a fun morning in the City, then meeting up with my Dsis in law, to see if she can shorten little one's prom dress. I am hoping she can, as I'd rather find out early if she can't, so we can find another dress. Prom is in April, but I'd rather pace out all the costs. Hair, and now she wants to have someone do her make up. Sigh. At least only 2 years of this. I am getting old and poor. LOL

With that, hot tea for me. Wonderful Wednesday to you all!

Never made a brisket of beef, afraid i’d Mess it up. Someone shared a crockpot version, tempted. Makes it’s own gravy, combo of sweet & sour ingredients.

Mad at my crock pot. Handle broke off last night, got a pretty bad steam burn when it happened. Spent the night dipping it in cold water alternating with an ice bag. Had my share of burns on my hands from cooking. this is a whole ‘nuther sort of owie. I am such a clutz, original crash test dummy duh

I’m big on intentions helping one to heal, thank you! DW be fine, will just take a longer than expected. Hard to put one’s life on hold but at least he still has one.

Lots of expenses for you at once. Have firmly decided boys are easier all the way ‘round.

I am loving the girl thing with GD & all the shopping that entails lol. Bought her communion dress & veil last year when on clearance. My thots were how much could they change in style year to year. She’s asking to wear white high top converse tennnies lol. They will be very surprised to find out i’m Fine with it :)

Last edited:
I think she has the fat finger or thoughts faster than typing syndrome - both of which I have. LOL

EEk, steam burns really hurt Keisha. Hope you are feeling better too. How cute of GD getting white sneakers. Hey, I could care less also. Kid has to be comfy, no? Nice score on dress and veil on clearance. I also doubt any changes. White. Check. Who would know unless you said. I am sure she will look lovely at church when getting her first communion.

Yeah, boys are easier in some ways. At least they can wear the same suit. Sigh. But yeah, fun to shop for girl stuff.

I'll let you know if I try the beef cooking. Maybe I can drop my pot off at your house. Little one wants to do a college visit at Pitt.

Lynne, luv the kitties!

I have a small orange female that weighs 6 lbs tops

No white marks on her but completely orange

Thought of my Luna when I saw the orange kitty you posted

CBCB5DCD-B249-467D-9992-2E81E08193B2.jpeg

Gosh, the moon is so bright, looks like the sun.

Back from working on parallel parking. She is getting better. Said she was nervous. Yeah, chopped liver am I? Still a mom. And, it is my car.

Well, off to practice. Some crazy turf places have lights. It in 40 out and dropping. I will stay in the car.

Gotta go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter