Something About Nothing ... #12

Rewatching the original IT whilst clearing out the emails that have piled up last few days. It is holding up well enough :).

Lynne - did you see the SW/DC blue Friday info is out? Once again it's BOGO half off vs 'free' grrr for SW/A APs. Need to figure out which deal would be better to take GD in Feb for the swim. Need at least 2 swim, i could do the day guest. Have a feeling the up to $110 discount will do me no good since winter rates are same price as the discount has been in past.

Yes, exactly! I think of Jell-O as hospital food. My mom has been on and out of the hospital so much (cancer survivor) that I just got sick of seeing Jell-O.

The lockdown yesterday was precautionary. There was an alleged home invasion in a nearby neighborhood.

I just finished eating Chinese food. Here is my fortune cookie.
73ialh.jpg

Aw, hope she's doing well now! That is truly an ordeal for her & the family.

I really can't eat Jell-o anymore.. or popsicles. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2015 and for 2 weeks all I could eat was basically sugar free Jell-o and sugar free popsicles.. If I never eat those again, I'll be happy.

Hmm never had a sugar free frozen treat, have a feeling that is a good thing.

I was never so happy to see the mr appear with a mcdonalds smoothie for me

Food still not appealing, I'll probably gain weight from the frozen stuff as Monyk mentions below lol

Thanks! love seeing kids costumes!

yes this wonderful thing is why I gained weight the first time I did nursing home consulting. It is a great thing to have on spring menus for all the residents that need to gain some weight. Think its 1000 calories per piece and worth every bite (until jeans don't fit).

Cool pic Lynne!- we had thick fog this am too, as we swung from cold to warm with 90% humidity.

Yay for Thursday? Still working on third cup of coffee. Will need it to get through afternoon.

Talked to niece last night about her upcoming trip. Her daughter is so excited to be going she is counting hours LOL. 6-7 is great kids age to go. REally hope I can snag a princess meal for them!

I wonder who dreamed up that combination, should've won a prize :). Another goodie is ambrosia (with the whipped cream & marshmallows, various fruits including those healthy red dye #? Marischino cherries.

Good for you! (I don't whether my countdown is actually entertaining or annoying, but it makes me happy and that's what matters :D )

Yes, it's all about you lololol. Like your spirit, go for it. BTW I'm finding it interesting

That was the year I was born.. 1965... yes, I'm old.. but I'm still a kid because I only have 65 days until I am in Orlando and riding the wonderful, fun rides at Universal!!! My inner child is going to explode with happiness!!!

65-jaar-feest-versiering.jpg

img-348630-1-im-so-excited.jpg

Age is but a number. I know 20-somethings that are old in spirit. PS I own stuff older than you, including comic books :)

We've got the same type of weather.. 61 this morning up to 70 today.. very weird for November!!

I want to see Thor. I really enjoy the Marvel Universe movies and I was never a comic book collector. I just enjoy the story and the spectacle. Of course, Chris Helmsworth and Chris Evans don't hurt either ;)

:cloud9:In another day & age they'd call them both "dreamy". Equal opportunity hunks but mr Evans doesn't quite float my boat, not edgey enough.

I went to a normal showing of Thor and loved it...the first Guardians of the Galaxy has been my favorite, but this one rates real close, possibly even tops it...will have to watch again to decide. There were more comic book references in this movie (easter eggs) than any I have seen before...I mean spot-on references. All the Jack Kirby inspired design work just put it over the top.

Well, it's Friday and I am lounging around. Gonna go help with pre-game meal this afternoon, before first playoff game of the season. So, funny thing I noticed looking at the AP Top 10 football rankings....our bracket is divided East and West (the eventually winner from the East will play the winner of the West for the State Championship)...the number 1 team (and only undefeated team) is from the East...the rest of the Top 10 (we're number 2) are all from the West. It makes me wonder if the number 1 team is that good, or they just did not have the level of competition to play against. Time will tell.

The mr informed me i had 3 days to recouperate, tomorrow he is dragging me out of house by my hair if necessary to see the movie. I'm seeing great reviews

Yeah, I really liked the first Guardians, but this one was not one of my favorites. Older one really liked it, but he is a huge comic book guy, as I said before. He told me the story about the Norse references and I will say, the action was pretty good. Glad you got to see it too. Rotten Tomatoes has a 90 or so good rating, so I guess lots of people like the movie.

Good luck with Football tonight. Hope they win the first playoff game.

I never have gotten all the way thru the 1st Guardian movie, have fallen asleep every time. Now, the latest, i love it! Have lost count how many times I've seen it.

We leave for Universal 4 weeks from tomorrow! And I get to get my eyeball sanded in about 2 hours. Hoping to get rid of the blurriness in my left eye.

Oh crap, have never heard it put quite like that. I feel faint.

Ugh.. I am SO tired.. I don't know how I am going to get through the rest of my work day AND a 4 hour shift at GameStop tonight... I've already taken a 5 hour energy and it is NOT working.

c682c4cceb81e90337e4a8d1db6cbf805c63b3c27d74270e1a86c123ff17987d.jpg

Looks like rigamortis has set in /\

Oh no you don't work @ GameStop. How cool is that? Surprised our local one didn't have a big CoD promo today.

If you ever stumble across a Nintendo amiibo (non japanese) of Zelda Ocarina of Time, grab it! Harder than hen's teeth (apologies to Monyk if that is un-PC) to find. Could resale for a bundle. Did snag a goron's mask one last week @ BBuy, re-release. It'll probably wind up being Jr's favorite Xmas present

I wasn't bad! I didn't feel a thing. He put a contact like cover over my eye and said the most pain would likely come after a half hour, but nothing yet. I'm glad to get that out of the way.

LASIK or cataracts? U doing the numbing drops? Always. Wondered how difficult it is have that eye held open. Aversion to touching mine, could never get contacts to work.

LASIK or cataracts? U doing the numbing drops? Always. Wondered how difficult it is have that eye held open. Aversion to touching mine, could never get contacts to work.

This was neither. I've had cataract surgery in the other eye. This was to remove something that grew unevenly in my line of sight. They numbed it up real good and propped it open but I didn't feel a thing.

This was neither. I've had cataract surgery in the other eye. This was to remove something that grew unevenly in my line of sight. They numbed it up real good and propped it open but I didn't feel a thing.

:eek: Not feeling a thing is a very good thing!

Janet......hope you’re feeling better and get to see the movie........never quite got those movies...although you know Tom loves them ::yes:: ..........I do quite fancy seeing the new IT movie........friend said it was a lot better than she expected and quite spooked her..........

Tom is still trying to get me to the cinema on an afternoon.........Murder on the Orient Express and Bad Moms Christmas are the favourites right now to see..........

Yep, I couldn’t do contacts either.........nope. Will stick to glasses.......only need them for reading and computer work.........

Now I’m wanting marshmallows! Love em..........:cloud9: and I adore marischino cherries too.......I buy jars of them to put them in cocktails, usually at Christmas........and somehow they get eaten by someone.......:rolleyes1

Got the plumber here fitting new radiator in utility room........once he’s gone, early lunch and out.......was raining all night but, drying up nicely.......and sun looks to be coming out.........

Have a great Saturday...........:wave2:

Mornin’ everyone. Once again I am up way too early - especially for a Saturday. (I just heard my daughter complain “The sun isn’t even up yet.”) I’m taking her to a neighboring town about 20 minutes away so she can get some volunteer service hours for NHS. She is going to be helping to prep, serve, and clean up for a charity pancake breakfast.

Chuckers - I find your countdowns to be very entertaining.

Wagman - Hope you had a win last night. Out team lost again. We are 5-5 so far.

We leave for Universal 4 weeks from tomorrow! And I get to get my eyeball sanded in about 2 hours. Hoping to get rid of the blurriness in my left eye.

I’ll be following you 2 weeks later. Hope you got good results for the eye.

Buckeev. Congrats on the Astros win. Never thought I would be saying that. Then again, I grew up with the Atlanta Braves....

Aw, hope she's doing well now! That is truly an ordeal for her & the family.
I was only 15 the first time she had cancer. She’s a 3 time survivor. She’s doing quite well all things considered. She will be 85 on her next birthday in June.

Almost time to get going. I think I see a nap in my near future.

Naps are always good Charade...........

I keep saying now I’m 50 I need them........lol.........any excuse!

4 weeks today till we arrive in Orlando..........:cheer2:

Ahh, so much for a late morning. DH got me up at 5. So, two loads of wash done, and baked a cake. Today, on a beautiful fall day 20 year’s ago, older one was born. So, Happy Birthday older one. Mom is happy, he wants to go out to eat where we all enjoy. No home cooking for dinner. Yay!

Yeah Keisha, did see the Blue sales. Not sure where we will be next year, but I think I got a good discount with my Super Gover on DC. It is a platinum level one, and I am sure we had savings around $100 each time we went. But, the BOGO free meals and tours was a better discount than I could get with the Super Grover in SW. Orlando always draws us back. Short 2 and 1/2 hour flight, and so many things to see and do. Will broach the kids one day next week. We have done the DC, AQ, SW, and BGT quite a few times. One year, we used the Grover in SWSD while in SD Cali, then in the three Orlando parks and BGT too. That was an awesome use of that pass.

Chuckers, hope it was successful and am very glad you had no pain.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Tick tock,

1CAACE1A-BC4E-42EB-A1C3-51732AA96EA6.png

and counting.

Buckeev, congrats on the Astros win...I know that has to lift a lot of spirits right now.

Schumi, it is better to watch Comic Book movies when you get the inside jokes, but Thor:Ragnarok (which is still loaded with inside jokes) is pretty fun, whether you are a fan of the genre or not. I really enjoyed 'It', but I found it to be a lot more creepy than scary...not to say there were not a few jump-worthy moments.

Now, the update you guys get up for on Saturdays (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)...Friday Night Football Update:

Well, our boys got a bit of a life lesson last night: never think the other team is going to hand you a game, especially if you think you are better than they are.

We did not overlook them, but the opposing team came in with a brilliant plan...run a completely different offense than you have in the last 3 years. Yep, they completely took out all of the formations that we had on video, and effectively made us play a game against an unknown opponent, without knowing what they run....and then they studied the crap out of what we run.

They dominated the first half of play, and lead 10-7 at the break.

Then we flipped the script...our guys studied what they did in the first half and changed our defense....and then put in an offense they had practiced, but not really used.

Our boys completely shut them down, then put up 42 second half points to win 49-10.

It was like we watched the worth half of football they played all year, followed by the best half they played all year.

So, it is on the round 2, in which we face a known opponent, and a repeat of the game in which we had the bad mental error, a few weeks ago.

Buckeev, congrats on the Astros win...I know that has to lift a lot of spirits right now.

Schumi, it is better to watch Comic Book movies when you get the inside jokes, but Thor:Ragnarok (which is still loaded with inside jokes) is pretty fun, whether you are a fan of the genre or not. I really enjoyed 'It', but I found it to be a lot more creepy than scary...not to say there were not a few jump-worthy moments.

Now, the update you guys get up for on Saturdays (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)...Friday Night Football Update:

Well, our boys got a bit of a life lesson last night: never think the other team is going to hand you a game, especially if you think you are better than they are.

We did not overlook them, but the opposing team came in with a brilliant plan...run a completely different offense than you have in the last 3 years. Yep, they completely took out all of the formations that we had on video, and effectively made us play a game against an unknown opponent, without knowing what they run....and then they studied the crap out of what we run.

They dominated the first half of play, and lead 10-7 at the break.

Then we flipped the script...our guys studied what they did in the first half and changed our defense....and then put in an offense they had practiced, but not really used.

Our boys completely shut them down, then put up 42 second half points to win 49-10.

It was like we watched the worth half of football they played all year, followed by the best half they played all year.

So, it is on the round 2, in which we face a known opponent, and a repeat of the game in which we had the bad mental error, a few weeks ago.

I kinda get the inside jokes.......but just not my thing.........I also am not a football fan at all....but glad your boys are doing well........

Saturday night over for us.......almost bedtime as it’s after midnight.........watched back to the future 3 then Scary Movie 2.......not the best one.......

Have a good one........:D

Was 76 today and now it's 67

Great weather day

Will be pleasant weather here until Thursday and rain should happen

And course that means temps will drop

Going into change of season soon

In the 50’s for us today. Yep, the nicer days are becoming less and less.

So full. Older one did not want me to tell wait staff it was his birthday. Spoiled sport. I did mention it while walking out. He was annoyed. I love being a mom. Little one tried to punch him 20 times. I think she got most of those punches in. Sibling love.

Quiet night, and it is raining. Will go to sleep with hearing the rain. May be raining all morning tomorrow too. Well, we get another hour sleep, so hopefully the rain will move out before I am ready to venture out after waking up.

Have a sweet and quiet night homies.

:bday:
For Lynne's son

I bet those 20 years have flown by for Lynne and the Mr

No longer a teenager and this year will fly by for him

I'm hitting the bed early tonight
Now just hope I can fall asleep soon

Mr Mac and I booked a boat tour on the Tennessee river for tomorrow

Foliage in full bloom and we hope to see a lot of red and orange coloring from the view on the boat

Will be in the upper 70's and no wind or rain

That sounds like a lovely boat tour mac.........send some pictures pretty please........:D

Belated :bday: to Lynne`s son, sorry I missed it yesterday.........it goes so quickly doesn't it..........hope he had a good day.......

Slightly delicate this morning.........wine was very nice last night........bacon sandwich helped though.......:thanks:

Now making butternut squash soup for lunch, all veg is in oven roasting off first........and.....freshly baked (from a packet :rolleyes1) bread in oven too........should be nice though!

Have a great Sunday...........

Words I've been holding my breath to say since mid-summer........

We made it through football season with Corey coming out of it injury free!! We're at 12 days and counting.....12 days!!!

We're *supposed* to see low 70's here today and that's the last time we'll see 7's in the temps for a while. Supposed to have rain the next couple of days, which doesn't bode well for Tuesday with it being election day. VA is one of the only two states with a gubernatorial election this year, with NJ being the other. I'm hoping the rain doesn't keep voters away. I'm volunteering this year as an election officer at one of our polling places. It will be a very long day, but it should also be a very interesting experience.

I know that my homies can relate. There's no way I can tell you just how ready this family is to escape to the vacation bubble. With the stresses the last couple of years with Corey's injuries, losing my mother-in-law to cancer, Tony's job demands......we need this time together.

12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! On standard time now. Up at 5, which means I will be more awake when DH wakes me at 4 tomorrow.

Yay! Wag report on football. Great for the team to figure it out and win.

Yay! Pooh’s football player did not get hurt this year. 12 days will fly by.

Yay! Schumi is feeling better with all in the oven. Wine will do that to ya the next morning.

Yay! Mac and the Mr. Mac relaxing on a boat to see the beautiful colors of Fall. Pictures!

Yay! It is Sunday and waking the kids to do our errands. The streets sound wet, so that rain that put us to sleep through the night has stuck around. Hehe, little one now says she enjoys coffee. Eh, getting to be an old lady at 16. I will stick with tea. I do drink coffee, but tea, good tea is my enjoyed drink.

Yay? My first born is no longer a teen. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. He had a great day. Let him play his new video game without having his annoying sibling around for most of the day. Then a lush meal at the restaurant he likes, and a late night bedtime.

With that, the tea should be done, and will clear my throat to be that mom that hollers get up.

Have a peaceful Sunday homies. Later.

Sounds like good weekends all around- winning games, no injuries, boat rides to see pretty fall colors, shopping and birthdays! Happy birthday to the no-longer-a-teen!

Successful wingapalooza. Looks better than last year and we were busy - I've worked merchandise booth for past five years and his year we packed up the extra stuff in only 2 boxes! Usually have four or five. MiL brought kids up for a bit- son helped out for about an hour with popcorn machine. Made egg casserole in crockpot overnight for breakfast this am. Definitely need the coffee today!

Warm and humid today. Then cools off this week.

I don't think hens have teeth but they can do some damage with heir beaks if they are unhappy:rotfl:

Really enjoyed Thor! Love them including, however briefly, the Valkeries! Red Robin 1st for dinner, usually inhale that Banzai burger but food still not tasting quite right. Made a hot stir fry today, first time I've cooked dinner since last Saturday lol

Mac that is a unique way to look at the leaves & you stayed afloat for bonus points :)

Janet......hope you’re feeling better and get to see the movie........never quite got those movies...although you know Tom loves them ::yes:: ..........I do quite fancy seeing the new IT movie........friend said it was a lot better than she expected and quite spooked her..........

Tom is still trying to get me to the cinema on an afternoon.........Murder on the Orient Express and Bad Moms Christmas are the favourites right now to see..........

Yep, I couldn’t do contacts either.........nope. Will stick to glasses.......only need them for reading and computer work.........

Now I’m wanting marshmallows! Love em..........:cloud9: and I adore marischino cherries too.......I buy jars of them to put them in cocktails, usually at Christmas........and somehow they get eaten by someone.......:rolleyes1

Got the plumber here fitting new radiator in utility room........once he’s gone, early lunch and out.......was raining all night but, drying up nicely.......and sun looks to be coming out.........

Have a great Saturday...........:wave2:

Holding breath they don't totally screw up Murder on the Orient Express, interesting casting this time 'round.

Def check out the new IT!

Mornin’ everyone. Once again I am up way too early - especially for a Saturday. (I just heard my daughter complain “The sun isn’t even up yet.”) I’m taking her to a neighboring town about 20 minutes away so she can get some volunteer service hours for NHS. She is going to be helping to prep, serve, and clean up for a charity pancake breakfast.

Chuckers - I find your countdowns to be very entertaining.

Wagman - Hope you had a win last night. Out team lost again. We are 5-5 so far.

I’ll be following you 2 weeks later. Hope you got good results for the eye.

Buckeev. Congrats on the Astros win. Never thought I would be saying that. Then again, I grew up with the Atlanta Braves....

I was only 15 the first time she had cancer. She’s a 3 time survivor. She’s doing quite well all things considered. She will be 85 on her next birthday in June.

Almost time to get going. I think I see a nap in my near future.

Oh my goodness, your Mom is truly warrior.

In the 50’s for us today. Yep, the nicer days are becoming less and less.

So full. Older one did not want me to tell wait staff it was his birthday. Spoiled sport. I did mention it while walking out. He was annoyed. I love being a mom. Little one tried to punch him 20 times. I think she got most of those punches in. Sibling love.

Quiet night, and it is raining. Will go to sleep with hearing the rain. May be raining all morning tomorrow too. Well, we get another hour sleep, so hopefully the rain will move out before I am ready to venture out after waking up.

Have a sweet and quiet night homies.

Hehe girl power

Any idea how far out the AP discounts go now for DC? I probably should give them a call tomorrow & give it a whirl but never have had much luck with Sea World phone operators

Words I've been holding my breath to say since mid-summer........

We made it through football season with Corey coming out of it injury free!! We're at 12 days and counting.....12 days!!!

We're *supposed* to see low 70's here today and that's the last time we'll see 7's in the temps for a while. Supposed to have rain the next couple of days, which doesn't bode well for Tuesday with it being election day. VA is one of the only two states with a gubernatorial election this year, with NJ being the other. I'm hoping the rain doesn't keep voters away. I'm volunteering this year as an election officer at one of our polling places. It will be a very long day, but it should also be a very interesting experience.

I know that my homies can relate. There's no way I can tell you just how ready this family is to escape to the vacation bubble. With the stresses the last couple of years with Corey's injuries, losing my mother-in-law to cancer, Tony's job demands......we need this time together.

12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Yea! I still have nightmares over the (now resolved) injuries each of my DS incurred during sports. Shamefully, I'm skipping working the polls again this year but will vote. Also, a volunteer.

An elected one nearby was arrested last general...she never showed up to meet the county person to open the polls! Said she wasn't feeling well, didn't think it would be a problem lol.

Sounds like good weekends all around- winning games, no injuries, boat rides to see pretty fall colors, shopping and birthdays! Happy birthday to the no-longer-a-teen!

Successful wingapalooza. Looks better than last year and we were busy - I've worked merchandise booth for past five years and his year we packed up the extra stuff in only 2 boxes! Usually have four or five. MiL brought kids up for a bit- son helped out for about an hour with popcorn machine. Made egg casserole in crockpot overnight for breakfast this am. Definitely need the coffee today!

Warm and humid today. Then cools off this week.

I don't think hens have teeth but they can do some damage with heir beaks if they are unhappy:rotfl:

Wingapalooza may be the best 'new' word I've heard in ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter