Something About Nothing ... #12

Morning all! Planning on spending the day on the couch watching TV until the power get knocked out...hoping it doesn't but it seems likely. This morning is cloudy with some light rain...nothing heavy expected until this evening into tomorrow morning. Orange County has a curfew which starts tonight at 7PM and ends tomorrow at 6PM but not planning driving anywhere. If the track keeps moving to the West and into the Gulf the better for us but we'll see what the day brings.

Morning all! Planning on spending the day on the couch watching TV until the power get knocked out...hoping it doesn't but it seems likely. This morning is cloudy with some light rain...nothing heavy expected until this evening into tomorrow morning. Orange County has a curfew which starts tonight at 7PM and ends tomorrow at 6PM but not planning driving anywhere. If the track keeps moving to the West and into the Gulf the better for us but we'll see what the day brings.
Take care Todd :goodvibes

I'm still on for my flight Tuesday, just checked with a SW customer service representative and all flights before 1:00 p.m. are cancelled...glad mine is at 1:30 but we will have to see what tomorrow brings to Atlanta and our area which is in Irma's path....sometimes I question my sanity but I can't get my vacation days back so it's now or never.

Stay safe metro

Tink bet you are glad you booked an afternoon flight
Lucky ducky !
Yeah, I have my ex to thank for that, he didn't want to drive us to the airport at the crack of dawn and the 1:30 flight was the cheapest option.

We are starting to get heavy rain bands and some winds here in Western Orlando. Not bad yet. Tonight will tell the tale.

I have two different power charges

Had to go to CVS for lighting cords

Charging them up for Wednesday
Been release our power outrage will be Wednesday

No home phone so need cell to keep in contact with brother, aunt and cousin in Tampa Bay, Flagler Beach and town north of Orlando

Last night my widowed 91 yo aunt in Tampa told me if I call her and she does not answer, do a call for help on her

Sunny and in the 80's here for me

Hope all are doing fine and stay safe

Just got a call from our emergency alert system for a tropical storm warning through Tuesday morning ...what fun :duck:

Can this trip get more stressful?

Oh Mac, hope you and your Aunt stay safe. That goes for Metro and Tink too. We had beautiful blue skies and 79 degrees, meant a good fall day.

Football game over, so older one happy. He thought the English games this morning, were not great teams. Liked the English soccer games yesterday more.

Feel so sorry for all those that lost power, and hope none get flooded. That storm surge is crazy. Also hope those in Houston are better.

Now what for dinner. Little one's friend took her to see IT. Not me. I better not be the front or last in the conga line. Just saying Mac.

Hope all in Irma's path have made it okay after she left. Hope Metro and all others did not loose power and themselves and property are good. Hugs.

The sun is out, and it's Monday. A yawning one. Apparently, the week-end was not enough downtime. Cool, as 50 overnight. But, will be close to 80 by afternoon. Yeah, I am not ready for Fall yet. Well, maybe. This week-end was very lovely, and enjoyed outside quite a bit. Went biking with little one, and hung out wash. Ah, it's the back to school time of year.

Have a nice day all. Hope all are doing well, and thinking hard of all the homies effected by Irma.

Morning All! I hope it's a Happy Monday for everyone and that all in Irma's wake and path are safe and sane.

I've started my count down again on my work white board... my co-workers who know about it are just going to roll their eyes.

3 Months, 26 Days, 17 Hours, 54 Minutes, 22 Seconds

Or

17 Weeks
118 Days
2832 Hours
169,920 Minutes
10,195,200 seconds

Or

Feels Like Forever. Again.

(Edit: Had to change my ticker....)

Last edited:
Saw on FB Marcie is safe & sound :D

Heard from Carole - she was able to reschedule things around:thumbsup2

Other than Kohlby checking in, looks like all the homies have weathered the storm - yea!

Steve - u check out the homestead yet? Hope the storm surge missed you completely

Tink probably has no nails left :hyper:. Fingers crossed flight holds. LOL if i got into a car with my ex, I'd bet big $ I wouldn't come out alive:P

Mac is probably waiting for her satellite to go south tomorrow with all the rain she's likely to get.:wizard:

It's been chilly for weeks, I'm on a cooking bender. Last few days made beef stew & two different soups. Today fried zucchini & antipasta with garden's remnants. Closed our pool this weekend, put away much of lawn decor/furniture. Oh, how i hate fall.

Last edited:
I've been packing all morning to take my mind off of things...woke up at 3:45 and couldn't get back to sleep.

The wind is blowing all the trees around my house and it's making me nervous about what's to come...yep Keisha, no nails left ...wind speed is only 24 now.

The flight is still on as of a few minutes ago, I did early bird check-in so I should know our boarding group at 1:30.

Glad Carole made it to NY safely.

Take care to all in Irma's path ...funny every time I type it wants to change to Iran's.

Tink, you will be fine.
Just make the sure the ex has gas in the car to get you to the airport....

We started the rain early this morning.
So of course no tv......

and with all the rain wil have to have the lawn moved twice in a week.....

Tink
also read that atlanta airport opens at noon tuesday.

you picked a perfect time to leave as your flight is still on.

saw this on twitter
Orlando Intl Airport‏Verified account @MCO
Hurricane #Irma Update - 9/11/17 AM No scheduled flights today at MCO & teams standing-by to assess damage. Stay tuned for more updates.

DJcpDRDVwAUAXRa.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter