Something About Nothing ... #12

Hooray, on the imac and can post easily now.
No pop ups

Boo Hiss, no one is here this evening....

It's 10 pm and 84 degrees right now.
(Not complaining as I have ac going non stop.)

Guess I will tuck everyone to bed now and leave the porch light on for anyone coming in as the night crew.

Good evening. Had a nice lazy Sunday, but back to work today. I’ve started the process of transitioning 2 therapists out of the office and 2 new ones in.

I have been kind of down today. One of our clients, a really sweet 68 year old woman, has missed several therapy sessions due to being in and out of the hospital. Today she texted that she is in the hospital at the University of Virginia where she is being treated for pneumonia. If that isn’t bad enough, she has also been diagnosed with kidney cancer. My boss told me that she has already lost one kidney from a previous bout with cancer.
Another client is being threatened with eviction if she doesn’t get rid of her dog. The property manager had previously allowed the dog as an emotional support animal, but now is telling her that the ESA laws have changed and she can’t keep the dog in her house. It turns out that she has the same idiot property manager that I had back when I was renting from this company. The woman is a real...name I probably can’t use on this message board. I’ve got 2 of our therapists working with the client, so hopefully they can work something out.

Mac - I have been using a blocker called ibBlock on my iPone and iPad and so far haven’t had any problems with pop ups.

Lynne - I never learned how to change a tire. Thankfully I have never been in a situation where I had to. Love the giraffe pic.

Schumi - I love homemade lemonade, but haven’t made any myself in years. My husband thinks I’m weird because I like tart lemonade. I can’t stand it if it’s too sweet.

Sue - Is aqua fit like water aerobics?

Pumpkin - Nice house. It looks like a peaceful place.

Mac - Thanks for leaving the light on. Time for bed now.

Just checking on for the night. Survived paying our monthly bills :crazy2: :headache:. It always a little depressing after when you look at the balance.

Used my instant pot again tonight. Make some sticky chicken thighs, rice and broccoli. Everyone have it the :thumbsup2. So I know I can make that again. Everyone gobbled it up. No left overs for lunch tomorrow.

Charade...how horrible for those clients. I sure hope that things turn around for them. It is always hard to hear about situations like that. It makes me grateful for how our life is.

Shumi and Sue...we are very fortunate for the lake lot. It is the father on law's home. He and mom were supposed to retire there, but mom passed away unexpectedly from a fall shortly after it was built. She never even got to spend a summer in it after it was completed. We had spent Christmas our there which she loved as we were all under one roof on her dream home. So it is always bittersweet to go there. Dad has recently remarried and it is time to sell it as he and Sharon don't use it. We will be sad to see it be sold, but it is time for another family to make their memories there.

I do bait my own hook and take most of my own fish off. I won't take off a northern pike though. They are just yucky and slimey and gross. Either the hubby or boys take those off. But momma threw a couple of clinics. I caught the most fish all weekend :cool1:

Well, now to watch a little tv...the handmaid's tale as I need to get caught up on that one. Have a great night everyone

Like a bad penny, I am back.......

I have an iMac in my dining room on the dining table.
I rarely use it since it has not been working correctly for months. Time to replace it but I drag my feet even thinking about going to the Apple store to buy a new one.
Closest Apple store is in Atlanta, or Marietta
I dread driving to and in Atlanta........makes me think I am back in Chicago ....traffic, streets, crazy drivers, etc.

So I use the iphone for most of the time.

Had to check on my flight schedule as I could not remember the time switch I received.
Using Delta, they usually do an adjustment for flights after I book
(I book about 7-8 months out to get the better deals)
By using Delta the past 4 years, I figured out they do an adjustment about the 4 month out for the flights i chose,
Not a big change but it usually involves an hour difference with a different flight number.

So after taking care of that task, figured I should come back "home" here and see if anyone left the front door opened after I left.

Charade, you forgot to lock the door........jk

That is a very sad situation for the elderly lady.
Does she have any family members that are helping her out?
Having kidney cancer with only one kidney is devasting for her I'm sure.

I do have the ad blocker on my iphone but was still getting the pop up from Walmart saying "you have won...."
I would quickly click on the menu bar on my iphone to stop the loading of the site.
It worked a few times but this last time, nothing stopped it loading.
I could pull up and read the first post in a thread but then it would jump to the unsecured site.
Nothing I did worked, but was able to do a post to the technical board on the dis to state, issue happening again.
Believe that was on Saturday.

Pumpkin, I used to fish with my dad when I was a kid.
He made me put the worms on the hook.
Wasn't an issue for me to do that until I became a teenager.
Didn't like worms then.....
and that was the end of my fishing time

That is very sad that your mother (in law) did not get to enjoy their forever home.
I understand how that the first Christmas after her passing was difficult at that home for you.
Sending you hugs....
And yes, the next owners will be thrilled with that lovely home.

Hope all the homies have a good night and sweet dreams...

Charade, tart lemonade for us too......although lemonade over here is slightly different.....our lemonade is like sprite without the lime. Flat lemonade is quite unusual.

mac......you definitely need a new laptop!!! Although I hear you on the traffic going into cities. I am lucky I don't seem to have those pop ups on any device, I guess the adblocker is working....….I would have been here last night, but had an early night...….although downside is I`m up at silly o clock this morning...…...

pumpkin......what a shame your MiL didn't get to fully enjoy that beautiful home......I`m sure she`d be glad to see everyone come together in it though.....it'll be a well loved home I`m sure whoever buys it.

Tuesday again...…..sun is up and it looks beautiful outside today....supposed to be warm and sunny today. Hope so. We`re ready for a run of lovely weather...

Making burgers tonight for us I think on the grill.....shop bought brioche buns though.

Made a plan for September last night...….one plan...….made a dining reservation...….although that could change as we plan to go to St Augustine hopefully early in the trip, but that of course like everything else we do can change last minute. I don't like planning so far ahead....

Have a great Tuesday...….....

Well I was sleeping but the dog woke me up and well, now I’m up :sad2: 12:39am. So technically I guess it’s Tuesday.

Charade yes, Aquafit is prob same as water aerobics. Lots of changes in your office! Very sad about both those clients. I hope they figure out a way for the poor woman to keep her dog. Must be devastating for her.

Mac welcome back. How about an iPad? I have a MacBook but 99% of the time I use my iPad. Don’t have to go into the city, you can order online. I hate driving into the city too.
I’m lucky, Alaska rarely changes flights. My fav airline.

Schumi funny, I was thinking of having burgers too. Love them cooked on the bbq.
Where did you make dinner res at for sept?

Pumpkin that’s a sad story about the lake house. But too bad it couldn’t stay in the family. I’m sure you have many happy memories to keep!
I love Handmaids Tale too.

Well I think I’m getting sleepy now so going to try to get back to sleep! Going to movie matinee to see Yesterday.

Sue I do have an iPad when they came out
Have not used it in 5 years

It is an antique now, lol

I could not get it add my gmail account
Probably my iPad was outdated

I am no expert on computers

My way of dealing with that it is to buy a new one

Hopefully you were able to get back to sleep before the sun came up

Went to bed late and woke up early
Looks like a long day for me

Good thing I do not have a job to go to
Or anything I need to get done today

Taco Bell night for me!

417862Why yes it is, a Taco Tuesday, and Schumi and Sue are having burger? :jester: Eh, we may be having burgers too, or not sure. Whatever all agree tonight. Mac's got the day right, she will be doing that Taco Bell run with the AC running in her car.

Little one said last night, since Saturday's predicted high is 97, can we go swimming in my Aunt's pool? Talked with my Dsis, why yes we can. Last Saturday, the pool temp was 85. How nice was that. Told little one, we may have some park fun, then put towels on the seats again, and jump in the pool, the pool with no crowds. Hehe, my phone says Saturday's high will be 100. Yeah, pool and AC time for sure. The heat wave starts again this Friday, with an opening high temp of 96, then that 97 or 100 on Saturday, with Sunday's high to be 97. But today, a lovely high of 93, and full sun. 69 degree start, but you could feel the warm already, and I heard our neighbor's AC on. Think ours went on some of the time overnight. Older one complained it was hot in our house. I said, it's fine, and if you are paying the bills, you can lower it more. That was the end of discussion. I did lower it a few degrees, then returned it to the setting I had, as we went to bed.

Was so hot yesterday, both kids came home looking exhausted, so both took a cool shower then turned it warmer, as both felt so hot. Guess that will be today, but probably the showers will be later. I will leave my car for little one, to meet older one and I at the hair salon, when she gets home. Seems I made the appointment for all of us, thinking little one and and older one were on the same schedule. Well, they kinda are. Seems the camp put them on slightly different comings and goings, so older one should be home in time to immediately go to the salon. Since I get home just before he does, I am sure little one would rather drive my car than his, though she would not complain if we left his instead. Whatever. Blonde once again, by sundown today.

With that, hope all enjoy a taco or two, and stay hydrated. That heat is no fun if it makes you feel icky.

Sue, that is such a sad story about the lake house. At least you have memories of the fun and family gatherings there. Hope the dog let you sleep late today.

Charade, so sad to hear of the two clients. Sending good thoughts to both, that the first beats that darn cancer again, and dog can remain, to help that poor resident.

Mac, I have an ipad too, but last year had to buy a new one, as my old one was so old, I couldn't load all the updates to it. Sad day. I had that thing for years. But, like the new one just as much. The new one has twice as much memory. We also have a Mac, but DH is the busiest user of it. Older one sometimes plays games on it. And we use it with the printer mainly. It's a few years old, but since it's running fine, not thinking of replacing it anytime soon.

Mac, glad you are back. Stay cool. I guess growing up very close to the city, I don't mind driving into it, but most of the time, I can take a train into the center, and subways around in the parts I don't feel like driving in. We'll be shopping for a laptop for little one. She thinking the same as her brother got, the MacBook Pro. Sigh, an expensive August is in the cards. Oh well, older one's still has a great laptop, and little one seems to use it more than him at times. But with her residing at school, sharing cannot continue, and he does use it at his college when he's in session. Kids. College kids.

With that, an almost too cool inside. Think my coworker coming in with me, though that coolness was most welcome. Yeah, little does he know, my agreement with welcoming the chiller working quite well at 5:30am, that a sweater is on my chair, and I will have no problem using it. :-)

Follow on homies.
417866 ::yes::

when I worked outside the home, I always knew what day of the week was

Now retired and living in the South,
I learn what day it is by reading here

Otherwise the days blend together except for the day “walking - fear the dead “ is on

Morning, homies and Happy Tacos!

Finished a biggest conference of the year yesterday. 350 teachers and the power goes out to the facility for 90 minutes during a technology conference. It was interesting to see the presenters scramble and the teachers go back to basics as they did before technology ruled the classrooms. It was a good day, but I'm glad that now maybe life is back to a dull roar.

Tony took off to Newport News for work yesterday and I'm a tad green with envy. He was able to spend the evening with Alex, Kalyn and our grandson, Jaxon. Had it not been for the conference yesterday and commitments that Corey had, we'd have gone with him. Speaking of Corey.....I can't believe we're at under 30 days until school starts! YIKES!

Charade, how sad about both of your clients. I hope that your patients treatment is successful at UVA and that an agreement is reached to allow the second patient to keep her therapy dog.

Pumpkin, what a beautiful space! How sad that your mother-in-law passed before she was able to move in. The family that is lucky enough to own it will surely make beautiful memories there!

The heat.....oh, the heat. Our high for today is posted for 87 but with 95% humidity it's going to feel as though it's in the upper 90's. But hey, at least it's not supposed to rain today. LOL!

MacBook Pro all the way. Tony says I'll give it up when it's pried from my cold dead fingers. I use it so much and find it so much more convenient than an iPad.....maybe because my life is on it.

Off to get a bit of housework done and figure out what to do about dinner for Corey. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Have a great Tuesday! May the meat be spicy, the salsa fresh and the shells crunchy!

Up early today, so I have time for a quick hello before work.

Just checking on for the night. Survived paying our monthly bills :crazy2: :headache:. It always a little depressing after when you look at the balance.
I just did that on Sunday. We have some left over, but I have an eye appointment tomorrow and will probably need new glasses.

I dread driving to and in Atlanta........makes me think I am back in Chicago ....traffic, streets, crazy drivers, etc.
Marietta shouldn’t be too bad. I looked it up and saw that there is an Apple store at Cumberland Mall. I used to work at the JC Penney that was in that mall. They closed it down when they built the one at Town Center.

That is a very sad situation for the elderly lady.
Does she have any family members that are helping her out?
Having kidney cancer with only one kidney is devasting for her I'm sure.
She has a husband and daughter. I’m not sure if there are any other family members nearby. Her daughter has been the one getting her to all of her appointments.
Charade yes, Aquafit is prob same as water aerobics. Lots of changes in your office! Very sad about both those clients. I hope they figure out a way for the poor woman to keep her dog. Must be devastating for her.
I have a feeling that she will move out before giving up the dog. I met the dog when he was a puppy. He’s a Samoyed - so cute!

since Saturday's predicted high is 97,
Ugh. That’s what we are expecting too. I think I will just stay inside all day.

We'll be shopping for a laptop for little one. She thinking the same as her brother got, the MacBook Pro. Sigh, an expensive August is in the cards.
We need to do that too. Right now B has a Chromebook. It was great for high school, but now I think she needs something more.

Time for work. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Last edited:
😡😡😡😡😡 Dealing with a messy insurance issue today. To bad there isn’t a banging
My head against a wall emoji, or a tearing my hair out in frustration emoji.

Lynne....definitely burgers here tonight....have ground the beef and moulded them with added seasonings......Tom has also brought out some venison sausages!! Not for me, I love venison but not in sausages.......Enjoy that pool time!!! Must be lovely to have a relative close by with a pool......

mac....us too.....we than our lucky stars Kyle works or we wouldn't have a clue what day of the week it is......still do wake up some days wondering.....I was 35 when I officially "retired" and Tom was adamant he was never going to work beyond his late 50`s so he did the right thing......and I`m kinda used to it by now....lol......

Pooh...would have been lovely for you to go visit the baby......but you`re getting ready for schools to go back...kids here haven't broken up yet!! And yes, a dull roar is good sometimes...….

Charade good luck with the eye appointment......hope you don't need new glasses.....

Gorgeous day again......sitting outside under the gazebo where it`s shady.....a little woodpecker rather brazenly tried to peck right behind me an hour or so ago.....soon shooed it away......

So, it`s very peaceful now he stopped pecking!!!

Got hair appointment booked but not till Saturday......my stylist is very busy so Saturday it`ll have to be...….will make my pre vacation appointment while I`m in the salon.

Still need to make up some bbq sauce for the burgers later.....

Time for cup of tea...…...

Morning Sans family :wave:

The antidote for a stressful couple of weeks......HP marathon with Corey, Tony, Smoky Mtn Moonshine mixed drinks and more than a few laughs.

HP marathon is a good way to cure stress and a tad of white lightening never hurts either. Glad you all enjoyed the marathon and laughing is good medicine for the soul ::yes::

So, by the side of the road we changed the tire. I was nervous I was strong enough to secure the lug nuts, but we were very lucky, all the stuff we needed was in the car, and it was still light out.

Wow Lynne you are awesome.....I have never changed a tire.....you are teaching your daughter some skills that will come in handy .

So, I thought ok.......let’s glam it up.....instead of the usual night we have, it’s going to be glam and the theme is stolen a little from one of our favourite cocktails in Ocean Prime........A Berries and Bubbles Evening.......

Awesome idea for your fun raiser. A glam Berries has Bubbles Evening should be a hit.

A very hot one today, at the zoo

Nice pics of the zoo animals Lynne.

France update-the flights with American dropped, and they are direct from JFK to CDG. Will make sure these dates work for us and then hopefully get the tickets!

Glad to hear you have your flight arrangements settled monyk.

Unfortunately, they changed size restrictions again this year...and we didn't catch any that were big enough. We caught lots. The action was some of the best we have had on the lake in 18 yrs.

Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry to hear you didn’t have any keepers.
My husband was really big into fishing for years. We sold our boat a number of years ago. I think catching the fish is as fun as the eating it sometimes. We fished with minnows on Kentucky Lake. They were very easy to bait on the hooks.

Another client is being threatened with eviction if she doesn’t get rid of her dog. The property manager had previously allowed the dog as an emotional support animal, but now is telling her that the ESA laws have changed and she can’t keep the dog in her house. It turns out that she has the same idiot property manager that I had back when I was renting from this company. The woman is a real...name I probably can’t use on this message board. I’ve got 2 of our therapists working with the client, so hopefully they can work something out.

Charade it is so sad to hear about that poor lady and her dog. It’s proven that animals do help people a lot. There is a program here in US that helps to match dogs to soliders with PTSD.

Shumi and Sue...we are very fortunate for the lake lot. It is the father on law's home. He and mom were supposed to retire there, but mom passed away unexpectedly from a fall shortly after it was built. She never even got to spend a summer in it after it was completed. We had spent Christmas our there which she loved as we were all under one roof on her dream home. So it is always bittersweet to go there. Dad has recently remarried and it is time to sell it as he and Sharon don't use it. We will be sad to see it be sold, but it is time for another family to make their memories there.

So sorry to hear about your mother in law passing pumpkin. Sounds like you all have enjoyed the lake lot. You have a very positive outlook on someone else buying it and making memories there :hug:

I have an iMac in my dining room on the dining table.
I rarely use it since it has not been working correctly for months. Time to replace it but I drag my feet even thinking about going to the Apple store to buy a new one.

Mac there is a wonderful Apple Store at Mall at Millenia in Orlando. Not to far from Universal. The sales folks there are so kind and helpful.

Mac welcome back. How about an iPad? I have a MacBook but 99% of the time I use my iPad.

I use my iPad the most.

Taco Bell night for me!

Enjoy your Bell run tonight Mac

Told little one, we may have some park fun, then put towels on the seats again, and jump in the pool, the pool with no crowds. Hehe, my phone says Saturday's high will be 100. Yeah, pool and AC time for sure. The heat wave starts again this Friday, with an opening high temp of 96, then that 97 or 100 on Saturday, with Sunday's high to be 97. But today, a lovely high of 93, and full sun. 69 degree start, but you could feel the warm already, and I heard our neighbor's AC on.

Sounds you all are getting ready to get a scorching for next few days. Enjoy the pool and AC...... I spoke to my dad yesterday evening and he said they are going to be in upper 90’s for a week. He lives in a suburb of Chicago.

Well a word of warning to all the gardeners here. I’am suspecting with all the rain, then onset of hot weather the spiders and other insects are quite prolific this year. Be careful and put on plenty of bug spray and wear your gloves etc. I did all those things and still I was bit on my forearm by what I think was a brown recluse spider.

I saw the bite marks Friday morning. Saw afterhours doc on Saturday and was put on antibiotics. Benadryl and cortisone cream have been soothing. Will see doc again today.

In all my years of gardening never had an issue.....crap does happen. Be careful.

On a much lighter note. Surprise birthday party plans for hubby are coming along nicely. I’am so looking forward to seeing his face at the party. He will be so surprised. I’am looking forward to seeing him enjoy all the family and friends. He is such a sweet guy.....I know I’am partial, but he has done so many wonderful things for all of us over the years I wanted to do something special for him.

Will put in order for cakes this week. I’am going to put his high school pictures on the cakes. I also need to buy a back drop stand for a 1950’s photo op canvas I bought. I will take lots of pics to share at the party.

We had a nice brunch for granddaughters birthday on Sunday. It was at a restaurant called Maidens. Food was very good and she enjoyed her birthday gifts. At the brunch HHN was pulled into the conversation. My family knows how much I love HHN.... Grandson is a big fan of Stranger Things. Wish there was a way to get him down there to attend HHN, but he starts school first full week in August and has football every weekend after.

I need to get on Universal Website and decide what tickets I want to buy etc. I know I’am getting ROF plus EP, but need to decide other things I want to do.

Well I need to get my keister moving. I have some errands to run before doc appt this afternoon.

Have a great Tuesday everyone :wave2:

Charade, your office sounds busy, and hope if you do need new glasses, not that expensive. Hope you are enjoying some AC too, with this hot summer temps.

Robo, oh no, I hope you are feeling better. I got bit by a spider once, and yep, took time to feel better. Around here, I am always on the lookout for ticks. And a hehe, a bunny greets me almost every morning or when I come home with a big hop into the front window's bushes below. They are so cute, white tailed. And yay, for the party planing going so well, so nice of you to host, and happy you had a nice meal with your granddaughter for her birthday.

Cup of tea for me too, Schumi. Sweater is teasing me, almost ready to put it on. Did bring a hat to wear. Looks so hot out there, and tree is not even moving a bit, so not even a breeze as we climb to the 90's this afternoon. Enjoy your grill cooked burgers. They sound lush and yum.

Playing ketchup now
I stay away from the Dis for a few hours and return to see everyone is here
Nice to read all the threads now

Robbie, you have been so busy!
I know your husband will be thrilled with his birthday party !
It will be a grand time surprising him and he will love the cake and theme

Bit by a spider, yikes !
How are you feeling now?
Good thing you got medical care immediately

Lynne, good for you on changing the tire
I always call AAA when it has happened to me
I take the easy way out. can’t chance breaking a nail...jk
Figure since I am paying for road side assistance, might as well use it

Charade isn’t that Apple store near the ballpark?
Still more of a drive than I want
And when Robbie said I could get a good deal at the apple atore in Orlando, had to laugh as that is even farther of a drive for me
Not waiting to my vacation to buy one

Pooh. So you are sold on the Mac Pro book?
Not familiar with it but will check it out
I want to find something portable and has a keyboard
I have an IPad but it is ancient
I can’t add my gmail account to it for some reason but I have my Ameritech account on it
I have not used it in over many years

Schumi hair day is always exciting
A nice day of pampering always feels so good.
Hope I have not missed any homies
I don’t find using the iPhone that easy to scroll back I’m the thread
I usually screw something up and have to go back to get to this thread

Fat fingers I have and hit the wrong thing on the screen ..ugh

Hope all have a great day!

Charade isn’t that Apple store near the ballpark?
Still more of a drive than I want
Yes, very close to the new ballpark. How far is it for you? You could go and make a day of it. There’s a Cheesecake Factory at that mall too.
Mi iPad will be 6 in December and is still working well. I think I’ve go get beyond the average expected life of an iPad.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter