Something About Nothing ... #12

mac I`ve seen a few people mention on here they`re getting pop ups again......and it only seem to be this site too causing it......

Smoky mtn moonshine sounds so good!!! Hope you had a good evening.....

Sunday and it`s dull but bright at the same time......we did think of going out today, there`s a few events on around us.....but it`s the British Grand Prix this afternoon......and even though this is our least favourite race of the season, we`ll still be drawn to watch it I guess...….and doesn't look to be the best day to be out and about.

Have a ham cooking away for dinner tonight...….

Quiet day ahead......hope you all have a great Sunday...….

Good Morning.

Yeah still dealing with that annoying pop up.

Well, at least little one now knows how to change a car tire. On the way home last night, not far from home, I heard a thump, and told her to pull over now. Was sure we had a flat tire, and we did. So, by the side of the road we changed the tire. I was nervous I was strong enough to secure the lug nuts, but we were very lucky, all the stuff we needed was in the car, and it was still light out.
The place we get our tires at was open for another 1/2 and a half. Woot!, And kinda shocking us in a happy way. Bad thing there is, it is a first come, first serve place.
Another two bad things as well, tire was damaged enough, not able to fix, and the brand of tire I had was on backorder everywhere, and has been for awhile. He did had other tires that would fit my car in stock, so he said he could put a new, other brand tire on now, if I wanted. Yep, not that vain, and my other tires are over 3 years old, so it would look brighter anyway, and no way was I driving on my spare until I could find my brand of tire. So, three happy endings, tire was cheaper than I thought, he put the tire on right away, so we were out of there in 30 minutes, and little one stopped in time, the rim was not damaged. And then we stopped at a store to chill out for a moment, and as she parks, I hear a noise. She ran over a plastic thing that shattered in these stick like pieces. I think I had a very anxious kid, but I told her not her fault and hey, you did the right thing, and helped.

Never a dull day, as when it happened, no one we called to help, answered.

But the morning was greeted was a bright sunlight, as streaming through my blinds in my windows. Ah, and just as hot, and a little more humid, so chance of rain later today.

Zoo and a stroll in the cool Ac aired largest mall with lunch somewhere in or around it, then a stop at the little zoo if we feel like it. I might, as there is a cute frozen yogurt place near there. That is our day, I think. In between some food shopping for the week.

Enjoy watching the race, Schumi, and hope the weather is nicer today, and ham cooking away sounds like a lush dinner tonight. Yum.

Smoky Mountains relaxing night, did sound perfect.

Okay, time for tea ☕️ and all have that super pleasant Sunday in July.

Mac sorry you’re having a problem with pop ups. Luckily that blocker fixed my problem. Hope you can figure out something.

Lynne how clever of you changing the tire. I have CAA! Lol. I have several different tires on my car lol. I had a blow out on my front tire and changed both front tires.
Then on a trip heading to Bellingham, USA, just before the border we stopped in the Starbucks it’s tradition to get a latte before the drive down. I may have taken a corner to close :sad2: Leaving home, and when we looked at the tire it was bulging so found a tire shop and they had a tire same size but not same brand. Oh well. He put it on and we continued trip!
So my car has 3 different tire brands on it. Doesn’t matter to me. Unless you’re going to walk around the car reading the tires.........

Charade the Princess castle looks so pretty!

Poohls dare I ask what smoky Mtn moonshine is?

Another overcast day. Who knows, may end up sunny by afternoon. Church this morning then nothing planned.

So, some of us in one of our groups was “volunteered” to come up with an idea for a charity night in the Autumn.......

So, I thought ok.......let’s glam it up.....instead of the usual night we have, it’s going to be glam and the theme is stolen a little from one of our favourite cocktails in Ocean Prime........A Berries and Bubbles Evening.......

Champagne evening with dinner and every course will have a berry theme......of course there’ll be the usual auctions and all that goes with such an evening, but just a little fancier than usual........

We all put our ideas forward to the chairwoman and she loved my idea!!

The rest of the arrangements will be ironed out in the next few weeks......I’m not suggesting the cost I think tickets should be......leave that to the financial wizzes......lol......

So, that was my weekend mission.......rest of the night in front of the tv and a Fanta........tried to make my own lemonade today......didn’t taste great, so must have done something wrong......maybe too much sugar.

No real plans for this week.......will get to hairdresser I think......will get colour done this week then the week before we leave for our September trip......

Not much else going on apart from a lunch with friends in our favourite seafood restaurant down by the pier and hopefully some nice weather....

Hope your Sunday is a good one.....

Sounds like a fun charity event this Fall, Schumi.

A very hot one today, at the zoo, then almost too cold in the mall. Then we had to watch my DB’s dog, as they are selling their house and dog barks and not all are fond of dogs.

Well 2 out of three not right side up, not sure how to correct. Sorry, but hope all enjoy some zoo pictures:

4A6BC130-AB83-4B1F-8F0D-9D302CE67483.jpegAE9092AC-961A-46AB-9300-7FEA1C6FDF42.jpegB4431752-AD0C-4263-810F-F50AD94A0979.jpeg

Hey :wave2: all

Back from board retreat. Limited connectivity at lake, nice to unplug. Had great weather, low humidity. Came home and took 3 hour nap. Croup came up a great fundraising idea in place of Cajun cookoff. The cookoff is such a hard event to get up and running every year. Like your idea of the bubbles and berry event Schumi!
Out on deck as it is really nice, actually a touch cool with breeze blowing and low humidity again. We rarely get nights like this in July!
Neighbors behind and one over from us are having badminton game with their next door neighbors over side fence. I can see and hear it from the deck and it's hilarious!

Trying to get caught up with everyone.

France update-the flights with American dropped, and they are direct from JFK to CDG. Will make sure these dates work for us and then hopefully get the tickets!

Let DD's UOAP lapse, will get her the B2get3free days ticket, and if they run a fall promotion will upgrade her back to an AP. Think we are down to 66 days til we leave for HHN.

Schumi love the fundraising theme! I bet it will go over well. Hope your relatives weren’t in the city yesterday in that massive power out.

Monykalyn was the nap with cuddle chicken? Lol. The France flights sound great, direct from JFK yay! So what did you come up with instead of the cookoff?

Quiet day here. Church, one of our families who’s daughter has been coming to church since she was little now has a new baby who was baptized today.
Oldest daughter & I went to Starbucks after then came home. Did a bit of gardening and read. Maybe a nap too lol.

This afternoon I did the online application for Nexus. It’s a US/Canadian trusted traveler program. Gets you TSA pre✅ In the US airports, and Nexus line on the Canadian side. Sick of the long security queues. Getting worse it seems. Sometimes traveling home from the US I win the lottery and get the TSA pre check. It sure is nice when it happens.

Watched Handmaids Tale already. Off to watch Fear the Walking Dead now!

Lynne.....yes, should be a good event! I love dogs, but I hate dogs barking....so, it`s a good idea to have a barking dog out of the house when selling.

Monyk, glad you had a good weekend away......and Cajun cookoff sounds so lovely......hope your replacement is a better one though, yes, some things are harder to organise than others. And good news on the flights....it`ll all fall in place!

Sue, we got Global Entry last year as we were coming in to America more often it made sense, and it makes a massive difference coming in through immigration, but yes, having TSA precheck on the way out is a good perk too.....we always got it regularly with VA for some reason, not so much with other airline, but now it`s there automatically.

Monday again...…...loving this countdown to September......it`s flying past!!!!

Looks to be a beautiful couple of days ahead......sunshine is always nice......no idea what to do for food...may grill tonight and tomorrow night as it`ll be warm and sunny.

Up far too early this morning.....fancy some rice krispies for breakfast this morning. Not yet though, it`s only 6.30! Will get the washer on soon and will be able to get everything on the line to dry......

Have a great Monday...…….

Nice zoo pics Lynne. Love the giraffes! When we go to WDW safari in AKL I always try to get pics of the giraffes, elephants and lion.
When they were still offering club level at AKL the Sunrise Safari we went and I’ll never forget the sound of the lion roars as we entered the savanna.

Lynne.....yes, should be a good event! I love dogs, but I hate dogs barking....so, it`s a good idea to have a barking dog out of the house when selling.

Monyk, glad you had a good weekend away......and Cajun cookoff sounds so lovely......hope your replacement is a better one though, yes, some things are harder to organise than others. And good news on the flights....it`ll all fall in place!

Sue, we got Global Entry last year as we were coming in to America more often it made sense, and it makes a massive difference coming in through immigration, but yes, having TSA precheck on the way out is a good perk too.....we always got it regularly with VA for some reason, not so much with other airline, but now it`s there automatically.

Monday again...…...loving this countdown to September......it`s flying past!!!!

Looks to be a beautiful couple of days ahead......sunshine is always nice......no idea what to do for food...may grill tonight and tomorrow night as it`ll be warm and sunny.

Up far too early this morning.....fancy some rice krispies for breakfast this morning. Not yet though, it`s only 6.30! Will get the washer on soon and will be able to get everything on the line to dry......

Have a great Monday...…….
Yes, I’m looking forward to having the easier immigration entry and the pre check going home. There was a big note on the site, due to the US partial gov shutdown wait time is longer for processing, boo. Won’t have it for Aug. trip but I was hoping to for Sept trip.

Ah, another Monday on the books. Cool 69 start to the day, and seemed darker than I expected. But as my take 20 to 30 minutes to boot up, the sunrise is looking golden, and some high clouds. But like Schumi, a full sunny day it will be and a lovely 87 or so is the high this afternoon. Summer, why yes it is. And the rain, that some saw last night, did not fall even close to me. Mostly just North of us. Guess the mountains attract it.

With that, Sue, great idea to get the Nexus, as anything to speed up travel, particularly in the airport, is welcome.

MonyK, hope the planned new fun raising food cook off, is great. Cajun some of the kind of food I like, some I don't . I am not a fish or sausage fan.

Mac, I hope your you've won issue has gone away. It is so annoying.

And yay! For the August and September countdowns.

And hope Mac finds 3 more bodies to join the VIP HHN fun.

Ah, time for tea, and sweater at the ready, as already feeling almost too cool.

Not sure what dinner will be. Did burgers with the left over meat, and did 2 sweet sausage patties too, for last night's dinner. Seems when I went grocery shopping yesterday, older one went with me. Bag carrying helper is handy. But, he also picks out food I would not have thought to buy. So, with that help, higher bill. But he so enjoyed those sausage patties, as I had crisped them up in the skillet, that he wants to go back and get the hot ones. I think the sale on them is until Thursday, so I guess one night we'll pick them up before the sale is over. DH was happy there was a burger and older one shared the other sausage patty. Sometimes he is hungry, and happy to see easy left overs.

Have a most excellent Monday.

And, since I thought the week-end went too fast, I'm thinking of taking Friday off, that would give me a: 417546 - What a plan. ::yes::

:music:

Hope everyone’s Monday is good! I do remember that Monday feeling when I was working all to well lol! Me? I’m going to Aquafit this morning. It’s already July 15th sheesh. Usually by this time we’re roasting. Unusually cool summer so far. Only supposed to get up to 73 today, partly sunny skies.

:wave2: Just popping in for a quick hi!!! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. The Monday blues of coming into work - especially since I took Friday off to spend time at the lake with the kids. Yuck. I have a little catching up to to do today, but not too bad.
We had a great time at the lake. Weather was absolutely perfect. Not too hot or cold. The wind wasn't too bad...so we could spend lots of time on the boat hoping to catch fish for a fish fry. Unfortunately, they changed size restrictions again this year...and we didn't catch any that were big enough. We caught lots. The action was some of the best we have had on the lake in 18 yrs. But no fish fry...so we had to make due with good old bush pizzas done in pie irons. SOOO GOOD!!! Had a great weekend with the kids. We were sad to come home late yesterday. Got home just in time to unload the cooler, toss in a load of laundry shower and go to bed.
Happy Monday everyone!!!!

Just adding a picture of the lake lot we are lucky enough to get to use. It's for sale.if anyone is looking for a great place to retire to. We try to spend as much time as we can out there! We are very blessed to have any to it.
IMG_20190711_203830_169.jpg

Last edited:
Sue, hope Aquafit was fun, and hope you get a blast of warmer, summer weather.

Pumpkin, so nice to see ya post, and how nice to spend time at the lake, even if no fish fry. House of the lake looks lovely, but I am hoping to be a snow bird when I retire, and spend time near the beach.

Hope Schumi's dinner was lush, though I am sure it was. And hope the clothes dried in your beautiful, sunny weather.

Lunchtime walk was hot. But nice and sunny. I need to keep sunscreen in my office. Think I got a little too much color, since forgot my hat today.

Mac, hope you can read the DIS and post here without issue now. Sending good thoughts your way.

And yeah, this day is dragging.

417644 - yep. Sigh. Yep everyone, 417645 Time for home commute is not yet, so some hard pretzels are doing the trick.

:wave2: Just popping in for a quick hi!!! Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. The Monday blues of coming into work - especially since I took Friday off to spend time at the lake with the kids. Yuck. I have a little catching up to to do today, but not too bad.
We had a great time at the lake. Weather was absolutely perfect. Not too hot or cold. The wind wasn't too bad...so we could spend lots of time on the boat hoping to catch fish for a fish fry. Unfortunately, they changed size restrictions again this year...and we didn't catch any that were big enough. We caught lots. The action was some of the best we have had on the lake in 18 yrs. But no fish fry...so we had to make due with good old bush pizzas done in pie irons. SOOO GOOD!!! Had a great weekend with the kids. We were sad to come home late yesterday. Got home just in time to unload the cooler, toss in a load of laundry shower and go to bed.
Happy Monday everyone!!!!

Just adding a picture of the lake lot we are lucky enough to get to use. It's for sale.if anyone is looking for a great place to retire to. We try to spend as much time as we can out there! We are very blessed to have any to it.
View attachment 417638

That is beautiful!!!

I’ll take it.........lol.....what a lovely place to spend some time.......I’ve never fished in my life........yep.....grew up in a fishing community, but just never happened......how lovely though, sounds like a perfect way to spend a weekend.......

Lynne.....yes, washing all dried in no time......all ironed and put away already......my kind of laundry day.....yes, watch out for that sun and no hat.......I’ve been caught that way before........enjoy rest of your day and yay for a four day week!!!

We did get the grill out and had some basic bbq food......nice though.....shop bought pastas and potato salad......brioche buns were shop bought too......I can’t quite seem to make them from scratch well at all.......

Bit breezy now, so inside for the evening.....supposed to be warmer tomorrow.....hope so!

Happy Monday evening.........

Lynne yes, I’m enjoying Aquafit. It’s more fun with several friends who also attend. Keeping sunscreen at work would be an idea. Or get a parasol!
I don’t burn much even though I’m blond. Probably from my misspent youth lol. Growing up my family had a beach house so that’s where I spent my days, on the beach. Back then I don’t think there was such a thing as sunscreen. We had Coppertone or Ban de Soleil! I doubt they were much more than spf 2!
And we ( me & friends) made our own sun oil! Baby oil mixed with mercurochrome. The original self tanner! It’s amazing I survived my youth!

Pumpkin your lake vacay sounds delightful! And great house. I’m not much of a Fisher though. I won’t bait my hook or take the fish off the hook :upsidedow but I’ll hold the rod lol!

Mac if you don’t come back soon we may start misbehaving! We just can’t be trusted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter