Something About Nothing ... #12

Keisha, yep used the turnpike and only had to ride 95 for a few miles to connect to road to get into port. 3 and 1/2 hours down, with an additional 30 or so minutes stop for gas, food and break at the Port St. Lucy rest stop, both ways. 3 hours 43 minutes back to Universal for a few hours, then Disney Springs for an early Earl dinner and gas topping off, before quick ride to airport. $12. 71, I think both ways of the 190 miles I think it said when first getting on the turnpike after leaving Universal. That was what my sun pass account said. Much better than hooking up with 95 outside of Universal. I was told by several locals, avoid 95 going South.

Hey, those on East Coast particularly, if you are a night owl, around midnight, beautiful red moon, red wolf moon, should look large too, as full moon tonight.

Janet....I see WTP now........doh.......thought I’d missed a guys birthday......yep, we fly home on the 2nd.......you need to look at an extra trip in December then........::yes::

Charade, Bosch have never let us down......had a few of their products over the years.......but nothing lasts like it used to anymore......(sounds like I’m 105)

Lynne.......our moon was a slight pink when it appeared tonight.....very beautiful. But it’s clouded over again, may have to get up around 5am our time to see if the cloud has cleared and I can see it......will be beautiful.

I believe last one for two years.......

Had such a lazy day today!! Same as yesterday which is lovely......but ready to get out tomorrow......even for a little while.....groceries and doctor check up.

No need to think about dinner tomorrow.....plenty of rib roast left to heat up in beef gravy......nice!

Plan an early night tonight.......still trying to catch up on lost sleep......no napping during the day has been my target.......succeeded today. So should sleep tonight........yawning my head off already.......

Keishashadow when I’m in S. Fla I use the Turnpike when possible. I95 is crazy. Every day on the news they’re reporting on a horrific accident on 95. I’ve been going to S. Fla since I was 20. My parents lived in N. Miami Beach, then years after my dad passed away mom moved up to Ft. Lauderdale area (Broward County). Now she lives on the border of Broward and Boca Raton. I don’t bother going into Miami much, since mom moved further north,too long a drive! But my advice is avoid 95!

Charade, nothing like first hand experience for appliances! I googled Bosch as well and it gets high markes for reliability.

Keisha, yep used the turnpike and only had to ride 95 for a few miles to connect to road to get into port. 3 and 1/2 hours down, with an additional 30 or so minutes stop for gas, food and break at the Port St. Lucy rest stop, both ways. 3 hours 43 minutes back to Universal for a few hours, then Disney Springs for an early Earl dinner and gas topping off, before quick ride to airport. $12. 71, I think both ways of the 190 miles I think it said when first getting on the turnpike after leaving Universal. That was what my sun pass account said. Much better than hooking up with 95 outside of Universal. I was told by several locals, avoid 95 going South.

Hey, those on East Coast particularly, if you are a night owl, around midnight, beautiful red moon, red wolf moon, should look large too, as full moon tonight.
Haha, Port St Lucie is our usual stop too between FT Lauderdale and Orlando.

Keishashadow when I’m in S. Fla I use the Turnpike when possible. I95 is crazy. Every day on the news they’re reporting on a horrific accident on 95. I’ve been going to S. Fla since I was 20. My parents lived in N. Miami Beach, then years after my dad passed away mom moved up to Ft. Lauderdale area (Broward County). Now she lives on the border of Broward and Boca Raton. I don’t bother going into Miami much, since mom moved further north,too long a drive! But my advice is avoid 95!

When I lived in south Florida I lived in north Miami for a year then moved to Broward County. I worked in Palm Beach County and almost always took the turnpike. I95 was usually a nightmare.

Happy Sunday SANS family :wave:... It is cold and wet here. We started our storm about 9 last night woke up to about 3 inches of snow with about an inch of ice on top. In the house today after being out all day yesterday. The precipitation ended and now working on getting out. It is suppose to be negative degrees tomorrow.:crazy2:. Have to go out shopping for pants for Charlie then back home.

Thank you for the early anniversary wishes. It was Friday and we went out to dinner to an Italian restaurant. The food was amazing. Fried Calamari to start then eggplant parmigiana.

Charade Liv applied for UCF, U of Tampa and she has decided on Eastern Florida State. She has big choices on what she will want to do. It is complicated with moving. I hope B gets her last one soon. Congrats so far:thumbsup2

Sue good luck with your new dishwasher. It sounds very nice. I would have made the same choice.:D

Lynne glad your trip was good. So sorry to hear about your heat. I hope it gets fixed soon witj no other complications. Stay warm:goodvibes

Mac nice to see your posts. What an awful thing to happen with so many little ones. Glad your weather is better than mine. It is days like this I can't wait to move. I hope your headache is better.:D

Schumi congratas on another trip in the works. It is always exciting to plan a trip. All your meals sound awesome. I hope you climb out of your cold spell and stay like that.:goodvibes

Monykalyn glad you got to Vegas:D. Our one trip many years ago we lost almost a day to bad weather. Your trip sounds fun. We enjoyed visiting the different hotels but decided Vegas wasn't our favorite trip. We haven't been back. I think if we did things outside of Vegas we would have liked it more.

Spike I hope your feeling better.:goodvibes

Patty A V day trip sounds great. I hope you get through the storm good. Your breakfast sounded amazing.:cheer2:

Robo thanks for the minion memes they always make my day:goodvibes I hope your feeling good.

Keisha lasagna sounds great. I do my Italian version then a buffalo chicken one.
Your BWV trip sounds nice,:thumbsup2 it will be a good time we have visited but never stayed. I wonder if it will be slower with people waiting toll SWE opens.

:wave2: to squirlz, tink. Tgrgrl and to all the others I have missed. I hope everyone stuck in bad weather stay safe and warm. Hope sick family feels better soon. Have a great night.:goodvibes

Charade Liv applied for UCF, U of Tampa and she has decided on Eastern Florida State. She has big choices on what she will want to do. It is complicated with moving. I hope B gets her last one soon. Congrats so far:thumbsup2

I had never heard of Eastern Florida State until now. B applied to Florida State University. She doesn’t really want to go there. She only applied to humor her dad. He earned 2 degrees from FSU. She should get that decision on January 31.

I had never heard of Eastern Florida State until now. B applied to Florida State University. She doesn’t really want to go there. She only applied to humor her dad. He earned 2 degrees from FSU. She should get that decision on January 31.

Honestly I didn't either lol! When I called UCF this week to find out about their on line program. It is an option for Liv for a year while we are here. I figured she could start on line then transfer when we move. UCF has a policy you have to have a two year degree first. The admissions office suggested doing an on line at a partner school then in 2 years she is guaranteed acceptance. This was the only one out of 6 that had a criminal justice program that was interesting. This way she will have an option of that or start here at another college then transfer.

That was nice she applied for her dad. Good luck by the 31st.:goodvibes

Well, little one is almost sure where she is going to accept. I too had to look up Eastern Florida State.

Little one only applied to in state universities, so while two would have meant travel, two did not. To be really sure, we are going to visit the one she is almost sure of. I think it will be a good fit for her, and one of my nieces went there, and has talked to little one about how good it was for her.

Enjoy hearing where B and Liv are going, and what they are majoring in. Little one is pre med. So, wanted a school with a BS and not a BA, and would help her getting into med school. All but one of the four that said yes, we thought would be a good match. The one that first deferred her, then said yes, but DH is very against her going there. Luckily, that one was an if I cannot get in any where else. Yeah, all the other 3 said yes, and I think, have better programs.

That wind! 40 mph gusts. Not going out. But the bit of sun we got, and the wind, removed much of the wet on the roads. Good thing. We too will have a not so nice wind chill temp. Zero, yes that is right. Real temp overnight will have a wake up temp of 7. Joy. Good thing all can sleep in. Well, I know DH will be up early, checking on the pipes, making sure the space heaters are okay too. I don’t like wishing my life away, but Thursday cannot come soon enough.

But hey, a short work week. Always nice to say, it is Tuesday not Monday, when starting the week.

Sky is clear here now, surprising for winter & the moon is huge, hope it holds

Janet....I see WTP now........doh.......thought I’d missed a guys birthday......yep, we fly home on the 2nd.......you need to look at an extra trip in December then........::yes::

Charade, Bosch have never let us down......had a few of their products over the years.......but nothing lasts like it used to anymore......(sounds like I’m 105)

Lynne.......our moon was a slight pink when it appeared tonight.....very beautiful. But it’s clouded over again, may have to get up around 5am our time to see if the cloud has cleared and I can see it......will be beautiful.

I believe last one for two years.......

Had such a lazy day today!! Same as yesterday which is lovely......but ready to get out tomorrow......even for a little while.....groceries and doctor check up.

No need to think about dinner tomorrow.....plenty of rib roast left to heat up in beef gravy......nice!

Plan an early night tonight.......still trying to catch up on lost sleep......no napping during the day has been my target.......succeeded today. So should sleep tonight........yawning my head off already.......

Lol i’ll Be sure to tell the mr we need another trip. Actually, do have first week in Dec booked yet again as a placeholder. If I can’t swing a few days at disneyland on way west in April, had thought to do DL that week to see the Haunted Mansion Nightmare Before Xmas overlay again. Yesterday we were asked to go on a group cruise that middle DS’s indoor football team’s owner is organizing - IDK, that’s a bit of a fun bunch for my tastes.

Charade, nothing like first hand experience for appliances! I googled Bosch as well and it gets high markes for reliability.

I avoid 95 when driving to Myrtle Beach, actually west, then south from my house to do so, but worth it. We visit there infrequently now, last few times just booked cheap Spirit fight :) and skipped the 10 - 12 hr drive entirely. Older I get, more I hate to drive more than a few hours.

Happy Sunday SANS family :wave:... It is cold and wet here. We started our storm about 9 last night woke up to about 3 inches of snow with about an inch of ice on top. In the house today after being out all day yesterday. The precipitation ended and now working on getting out. It is suppose to be negative degrees tomorrow.:crazy2:. Have to go out shopping for pants for Charlie then back home.

Thank you for the early anniversary wishes. It was Friday and we went out to dinner to an Italian restaurant. The food was amazing. Fried Calamari to start then eggplant parmigiana.

Sue good luck with your new dishwasher. It sounds very nice. I would have made the same choice.:D

Lynne glad your trip was good. So sorry to hear about your heat. I hope it gets fixed soon witj no other complications. Stay warm:goodvibes

Mac nice to see your posts. What an awful thing to happen with so many little ones. Glad your weather is better than mine. It is days like this I can't wait to move. I hope your headache is better.:D

Schumi congratas on another trip in the works. It is always exciting to plan a trip. All your meals sound awesome. I hope you climb out of your cold spell and stay like that.:goodvibes

Monykalyn glad you got to Vegas:D. Our one trip many years ago we lost almost a day to bad weather. Your trip sounds fun. We enjoyed visiting the different hotels but decided Vegas wasn't our favorite trip. We haven't been back. I think if we did things outside of Vegas we would have liked it more.

Spike I hope your feeling better.:goodvibes

Patty A V day trip sounds great. I hope you get through the storm good. Your breakfast sounded amazing.:cheer2:

Robo thanks for the minion memes they always make my day:goodvibes I hope your feeling good.

Keisha lasagna sounds great. I do my Italian version then a buffalo chicken one.
Your BWV trip sounds nice,:thumbsup2 it will be a good time we have visited but never stayed. I wonder if it will be slower with people waiting toll SWE opens.

:wave2: to squirlz, tink. Tgrgrl and to all the others I have missed. I hope everyone stuck in bad weather stay safe and warm. Hope sick family feels better soon. Have a great night.:goodvibes

Happy anniversary :). Must say the lasagne turned out great. Had to talk myself out of seconds, tomorrow another day

Every time i hear FSU cannot help but think of the possum/possibly gopher in Splash Mountain. Cracks me up every single time.

Wondering how Patty is doing with snow, DS showed me pics of where there are on Lake Erie, close to 2 feet of snow. Glad i skipped the trip.

Our official total so far is 12.6 inches, but the snow is still falling! We're getting lake effect from Lake Ontario now. Supposed to get about 3-6 more inches by tomorrow! It's 4 degrees right now! :cold: Eeek! Haven't been outside since Friday! Actually, it's been a nice, relaxing weekend! Made some plans for our Disney day on our February trip! Made me feel warmer!:laughing:

So glad you had a nice anniversary dinner!:)

. Always nice to say, it is Tuesday not Monday, when starting the week.

Same here! I'm off tomorrow, too! Weather should be improved by Tuesday. By Wednesday, it's supposed to be 40 and rain! Weird weather here!

Doing some organizing in the basement! Why do we save all this stuff????? Then, there's Joe- "Well you never know when we'll need that!" I did get him to throw out a lot of junk! Then, there's the stuff I'll get rid of when he's at work!:thumbsup2

Have a great evening all!!

good-evening_012.jpg

Our official total so far is 12.6 inches, but the snow is still falling! We're getting lake effect from Lake Ontario now. Supposed to get about 3-6 more inches by tomorrow! It's 4 degrees right now! :cold: Eeek! Haven't been outside since Friday! Actually, it's been a nice, relaxing weekend! Made some plans for our Disney day on our February trip! Made me feel warmer!:laughing:

So glad you had a nice anniversary dinner!:)

Same here! I'm off tomorrow, too! Weather should be improved by Tuesday. By Wednesday, it's supposed to be 40 and rain! Weird weather here!

Doing some organizing in the basement! Why do we save all this stuff????? Then, there's Joe- "Well you never know when we'll need that!" I did get him to throw out a lot of junk! Then, there's the stuff I'll get rid of when he's at work!:thumbsup2

Have a great evening all!!

good-evening_012.jpg

Oooh, when is Feb trip? Mostly @ U this time again?

Is lake frozen over yet near your neck of woods?

When I lived in south Florida I lived in north Miami for a year then moved to Broward County. I worked in Palm Beach County and almost always took the turnpike. I95 was usually a nightmare.
My parents had a condo in N. Miami Beach on 163rd near Oleta State Park. I used to walk to the beach in Oleta from the condo. Now she’s in Coral Springs in assisted living. When I go down to visit I like to stay in Deerfield Beach.

My parents had a condo in N. Miami Beach on 163rd near Oleta State Park. I used to walk to the beach in Oleta from the condo. Now she’s in Coral Springs in assisted living. When I go down to visit I like to stay in Deerfield Beach.

We had an apartment in Coral Springs the last 4 years we lived there. B was born at Coral Springs Medical Center.

Hey bobbie......nice to see you post.........

Janet.......idk.......a cruise with a bunch of football guys sounds like an absolute hoot!!! I’d be tempted.......so we “might” see you in December??? Hope so........

Saw most of the eclipse this morning.......sky was crystal clear and it looked very beautiful....nice to see it.

Freezing cold this morning, we are in the minuses......will be dressed warmly this morning going out! Got doctor appointment for yearly check, then grocery shopping.......don’t think we’ll do anything else today.

Have a great Monday..........

Today`s a holiday in the USA???

Oh is it cold here!!! For us anyway......I know we aren't as bad at the NE of the USA and Canada......but jeez.....didn't spend long outside this morning...…

Did buy a whole new set of everyday dishes....well, we had to buy 3 sets as there was only 4 place settings in one box......It`s Denby and a light grey colour…...I like them. Just got fed up with the other set....had them quite a while.

So, Tom has already had them all washed in "his" new dishwasher and put away...…..

Love him being here all the time!!!! He has discovered a new enjoyment of some domestic chores I will happily pass the baton on!!!

Time for lunch...…...

Morning Sans family :wave2:

1E188989-2BEC-4B88-B1BE-3786676864E6.jpeg

1BF93943-9C44-474E-BE06-E3E5749A075D.jpeg

92296120-917D-4772-B1DE-49C64A36873F.jpeg

Hubby, neighbors and I were in our backyard last night. Watching the Super Blood Wolf Moon Eclipse. The sky was magnificently clear and stars were gorgeous.

36533F83-2B00-4F77-8DA1-8207DCB0FF33.jpeg

First pic is from observatory on internet others from my phone.

02B9FB57-31BA-4451-8D45-91CB102DCF36.jpeg

E979F46F-34CF-4BC0-9885-8F51612F3FF1.jpeg

5BCA2E49-8A99-4A25-8FB0-588876BAE260.jpeg

6C64B132-D3B8-46C9-9641-4AA970AAD002.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter