Something About Nothing ... #12

Well I pulled the plug and got a new dishwasher. Sneaky husband. He says let’s just go to Lowe’s and look.
I ended up with a Bosch. Looked at the one with that top shelf, I thought it was interesting. But it was only model with that option. Lowe’s had a deal of no tax for Bosch that was stainless steel tub. That model didn’t have all stainless tub. Bottom wasn’t, so excluded from the no tax. So I had to go with another model. Also got 15% off installation.
I guess sometimes husband is right :rolleyes: about when motor goes may as well replace.

Robo glad to hear another good review on Bosch. I looked online for reviews too, and it gets top marks for reliability and quietness.
I loved the Outlander books. At first I worried the series wouldn’t live up to the books, but think they’re doing a great job. But it’s nice to read the book first, the show can’t possibly go into all the details the book does.

Hope you’re happy with the new dishwasher!

We do like Bosch and this one is excellent......we had a few to choose from but glad we chose this one.....it’s ultra quiet and dishes and glasses sparkle like new......and the cutlery tray on top I am so impressed with!! I think our old one was just ready to be replaced. To be honest seems like none of them really last beyond 4-5 years.......by that time I’m fed up looking at them and don’t mind getting a new one.....

I have the Outlander series, but haven’t got around to reading them yet......watched some of the first series, but need to muster some enthusiasm to get back into it.....

Went to book our rental car for March.....forgot we hadn’t done it yet!!! ...but the site went down so have to wait till tomorrow now....can’t believe we forgot. We have May and September booked, will do December tomorrow too.

No snow or frost, just very cold. But no wind thankfully. Facing the North Sea can be unpleasant when that winds blows in from Siberia....I think it sees my home up there and aims straight for it! Or so it seems!

Another hour or so till bedtime for us.......hope your Saturday has been fun filled!!!

We have snow. So impressed with my car windshield cover, which also included covers for the side mirrors. Hope it works, and was easy to install.

Chinese for dinner. Figured their hot mustard would keep me warm. Well, at least my sinuses are clearer now, LOL.

Here is hoping we all get just a dusting of snow, and warmer temps to melt and dry all before the deep freeze sets in.

And yes, milk, bread and ice cream bought. French toast for breakfast tomorrow.

Squirlz & Pattyw snow blower was the best thing I ever bought! Sure beats shoveling. On the west coast we tend to have more of the wet heavy snow, so have to go out and keep up with it several times.

Thankfully, this storm is bringing light,fluffy snow- bot LOTS of it!! Yep- that wet,heavy snow can be a back breaker shoveling-even just the stairs!

Spike101 feel better!

Yes- hope you're better soon!:)

No snow or frost, just very cold. But no wind thankfully. Facing the North Sea can be unpleasant when that winds blows in from Siberia....I think it sees my home up there and aims straight for it! Or so it seems!

Stay warm!!:) We're getting the whole package here! Snow, frigid temps, and high winds!!:eek:

Yum!! :thumbsup2

Snow is still falling! About 5 inches so far- but the worst has just begun! We've been watching some movies, doing some wash, and cooking a lot! It's actually been fun!! Time for some drinks! :cool1:

Have a great evening all!!

Healing wishes for those feeling under the weather!:)

Warm wishes for all of us stranded inside by the snow storm!:)

Well wishes to those in warmer places and on vacation!:sunny:

cb036448d497ea6ae5c5329c713576c8--holidays--christmas-holidays.jpg

Charade I just got Amazon Prime awhile ago. Watched Man In The Hightower. It was very good. There are a few other series I have my eye on that look good. My husband likes the Car show, can’t remember name! Lol.

Schumi I wish Lowe’s had the 3rd rack in the 300 series. I know some in that series has it, but not at Lowe’s. Guess I’m doomed to live with the baskets! I can see how handy the rack would be. But I’m sure the one we ordered will be good.
A winter walk along the beach even if cold sounds lovely.
When is your May trip? Congrats on Dec booked!
I had Perrier and white grape juice with dinner tonight, not doing Dry January just realized I ran out of wine! And haven’t restocked after the holidays.
Hope you enjoy reading the Outlander series!

Lynne yes nothing like that hot mustard to clear out the sinus lol! Probably help you to stay warm too! Glad security lines weren’t long for you.
Do you have one of those electric throw blankets? My daughter has one, she likes it because her area is the Rec room in the basement. It’s a finished basement but the heat doesn’t seem very good down there. So she uses a space heater to help and snuggles in the electric throw blanket.
Glad your windshield cover works well.

Mac, yup I’ve joined dishwasher club. It was just too expensive to replace motor on our Kitchenaid. Didn’t make sense to put that much $ into a 10 yr old washer. I would have preferred putting that money into something more fun to be sure! Did you ever find the RPH toiletries?

Well it’s Saturday night and no rain or high winds yet. Hope I didn’t just jinx myself! The full moon is beautiful, wish I could stay up for eclipse, but 3 AM, I know if I set alarm to watch I won’t get back to sleep.
After we got back from Dishwasher shopping and Costco I ate my left overs from my Italian dinner and napped. So exhausting that dishwasher buying is, lol. Hope I can sleep tonight.

Those in the snow belt, be safe. So glad we haven’t had any snow here this winter (yet). We live on a steep hill, and driving can be dicey. But now that I’m retired if it snows I don’t have to go out, risking life and limb yay.

Lynne........hot mustard sounds like the perfect thing to warm you up!! Love a bit of spice........enjoy your French toast!

Patty.......sounds like a fun day....it’s nice having a day like that.....we did yesterday too....but of cleaning then a marathon of old black and white movies......may do the same today if we don’t need to go out.

Sue........run out of wine.......:eek: I don’t understand that expression.......:laughing: we have a huge walk in cupboard maybe 3m by 3 or 4m, not sure of the exact size.....shelved out for bottles and we use that for our wine and liquor......my friends jokingly and affectionately call it our wine cellar.......they’re so funny!!!! Or think they are at times :rotfl: so running out is nigh on impossible....thankfully......although I haven’t ventured in there this year yet!! I like white grape juice with soda water.......we had ginger beer and squeezed fresh limes last night. I want to read the Outlander series, but it’s time I never seem to have......I’m still trying to finish Stephen King Doctor Sleep Kyle got me for Christmas..........

I’m sure you’ll love the dishwasher.......anything new is nice. We arrive on May 8th for 14 nights.....are you there in May??? I’m quite excited as one of my best friends and her family are going to overlap with us at some point so we can meet up for a meal......hopefully!!! They have a villa in Davenport for three weeks......

Hope your weather stays decent.

Dull, cold and grey outside today, although sun is trying to stream through the deep cloud in bits.......we have 2c...around 34f, but no wind....seems very still outside.

Need to check if we need any groceries......if we don’t I’ll happily stay in again.......we have hundreds of dvds to fill our time.......we have a gazillion channels on tv and there’s never anything I want to watch.......but I’m not a huge tv watcher. One of my friends is a huge tv soap watcher.......so is my mum......and they ramble on about folks as if they were real......so boring!! But they enjoy it.....I could live happily without all these tv channels......

So, Sunday again......have a rib roast for dinner tonight.....we all enjoy that......

Have a great day........

Last edited:
Schumi we leave as you arrive almost! Our flight home is on May 9. Are you staying at RPH?

Sue I’m still looking for those hotel
products

I’m starting to wonder if they grew legs and walked out of the house
Or if Mr Mac did some “cleaning “
in the bathroom closet

I’ll keep looking for them!

Watching weather channel and glad I moved away to the south

Not great here but much better where we are away from Lake Michigan

Need to do a grocery run sometime today

Of course bacon is the first item on my list to get

Stay warm homies!

Sue, we are at Sapphire in May...….two people we know leave the 9th too....we miss one by hours as their fight back to LA is early hours on the 9th and we arrive late afternoon on the 8th so won`t see them......always the way!!

mac....enjoy that bacon!!!

Beautiful day here now....but popped my head out the utility room door and it is freezing cold despite the sunshine...….won`t be popping my head out again today.

Sunday it is. With a Southeast wind, the ice and snow line moved just North of us, so rain, heavy at times, with a thunderstorm mixed in there is today. Worrisome, as almost 50 by noon, and 20 out by dinner. Patty, we will be hunkered down tonight into tomorrow too. Frigid temps and blustery wind is our tonight and holiday Monday. Glad we will all be home to ensure pipes do not freeze.

Lazy Sunday, and that is fine with me. And yes, Sue, we do have an electric throw that we usually use in our family room, as it too seems cooler in the winter, as has lots of windows. We have a good handful of space heaters, some from my Dsis. So we are making due, and will be glad to be enjoying a new heater later this week. Our February is usually the coldest month for us. This has been an less than usual cooler January. Most of the days so far, have been below our seasonal average temps.

Off to make french toast. And tea.

Have a super Sunday all. Hope those homies not feeling well, feel better soon, and all are either enjoying some fun, or counting down to it.

I had Perrier and white grape juice with dinner tonight, not doing Dry January just realized I ran out of wine! And haven’t restocked after the holidays.

Sounds good! even without wine!:thumbsup2

if we don’t I’ll happily stay in again.

Same here!:)

Stay warm homies!

Yep- staying in with the heat turned up!!:thumbsup2

Lazy Sunday, and that is fine with me.

Best way to do Sunday!:thumbsup2

9 degrees out with a wind chill of -6:cold: I think we have about 8-10 inches of snow so far. Our snow plow guy has been here twice. Joe has to get out with the snowblower today to do by our stairs and his car! Only two cars can go in the garage. Roads are pretty clear, but no traffic is going by! We're all inside. Looks like most of the flights out of Buffalo were cancelled this morning.

Pancakes, bacon, breakfast potatoes, & hash on the menu this morning. We'll throw in some fruit for the healthy part! :laughing:Another day of pj's, tv, and some housework.

Have a great day all!!

happy-sunday-sunflower-smiley.jpg

Good Sunday morning Sans family :wave2:

B78E9B08-F46E-402D-93CF-CA13CB3F1049.jpeg

F9811A8C-01F4-46E5-8B76-076215BF02EE.jpeg

815AE196-2001-4E93-A066-D9D0B7E489BA.jpeg

06BDB468-92ED-4526-8266-44B068A65231.jpeg

Almost bedtime........and craving guacamole?????

When I read that it made me think about the good guacamole they have at Cheesecake Factory.

Robo, always get tickled when I see minion pictures

Me too........the minions have a way of putting a smile on your face for sure.

That cold is making the rounds. My older daughter has been battling it for weeks.

I feel for her...........this has been the virus that keeps on giving.....sending get well wishes her way.

Usually when we book a trip we celebrate with champagne.......or Prosecco...lol......but it’s ginger beer or Pepsi tonight..........darn this Dry January.........:)

Celebrate anyway you can........finishing plans for trip to Universal is always cause to celebrate :dogdance:

Robo glad to hear another good review on Bosch. I looked online for reviews too, and it gets top marks for reliability and quietness.
I loved the Outlander books. At first I worried the series wouldn’t live up to the books, but think they’re doing a great job. But it’s nice to read the book first, the show can’t possibly go into all the details the book does.

I really like our Bosch it is so quiet....my other dishwasher sounded like a small jet taking off when it was started.

They have done a great job with the series and Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe have wonderful onscreen chemistry.

We're getting the whole package here! Snow, frigid temps, and high winds!!:eek:

Wow......hope it’s not to bad. Having plenty of food, cocktails and movies makes the winter days more manageable.

My cousin texted me last night and they have 6 inches of snow on the ground and more today. Neighbor across the streets hubby flew back to Albany, New York Thursday and I saw in paper today they are predicted to get 1 to 3 feet.

Lynne I’am sorry to hear about your issues with your heating.......That’s a long time to wait to have your heater repaired......Hope you all do ok :grouphug:

products

in the bathroom closet

Stay warm homies!
I hear you on the MR. Doing some “cleaning”.

Sue, we are at Sapphire in May...….two people we know leave the 9th too....we miss one by hours as their fight back to LA is early hours on the 9th and we arrive late afternoon on the 8th so won`t see them......always the way!!

mac....enjoy that bacon!!!

Beautiful day here now....but popped my head out the utility room door and it is freezing cold despite the sunshine...….won`t be popping my head out again today.
We have a early evening flight on the 9th, our hotel pick up is 4:30. So maybe..... too bad we aren’t at the same hotel!

Love ginger anything!

Yes, I’m sure I’ll love the new washer, even without that 3rd tray! My daughter keeps forgetting the washer is broken and I’ve caugh her a couple of times putting her dishes in! Kinda like switching cars. When I drive my husbands suv it has the shifter on the steering wheel but I’m going for shifter (drive, reverse etc) where it is on my car! We are creatures of habit.

Stephen King :scared: I would have nightmares! Before I was married I had a room mate, and I was reading a King book. One night before bed I was looking around for my book. Went into room mates room to ask if she had seen it. She tells me she threw it out cause she got woken up nightly by my nightmares lol.

Last edited:
Thanks Robo. Yeah, when something fails, it tends to be not at the best time.

Glad to hear all are happy with new dishwashers. Seems my stove is now acting up. Sigh. House is not wanting to stay warm. I will be looking for a new stove after the new heater is in, and working good. I really need an updated kitchen, but I use the stove every day, so even when I am ready to update all, I won’t mind not replacing a newer bought stove.

Patty, the snow we did get was fluffy. So I hope you get cleared out quick, and not work hard to do so. We too got a snow blower this year. Guess DH was getting tired of all the shoveling.

Now having rain, 2 inches to fall today. Instead of snow totals, we have flood warnings. Come on sun, shoo those clouds away and dry all up before the polar air arrives later today. Crossing fingers and toes. Yesterday was such a gray, dull day. Today at least seems brighter now.

Hamburgers for lunch. Went to the produce place yesterday, it was packed. So fresh tomatoes, lettuce and peppers bought. We have potatoes, so either baked or air fried fries. See what kids want. They had the left over Chinese from last night.

Ha, little one just woke up. I will send her to Patty’s, she is still in her pjs today, so she’d fit right in. LOL.

Lazy day indeed.

Sue, yes, you never know…..we will be over at RP but maybe not before 4.30.....we always seem to miss folks at times......but if we can say a quick hello we certainly will...…I do like some of Stephen King, but not all of his books.....this one is good though....but I loved The Shining so it`s an ideal follow up to it......

Robo….great minds think alike...….::yes::

Yes, celebrating getting a trip planned is always worth celebrating.....even with ginger beer!!!! Yes, Sam Heughan is pretty good in that role......never had the guacamole from CF......hmmm....need to try it......

Sending warm wishes to everyone who is cold...….

Didn't go out today at all, didn't need any groceries so no need.…...rib roast is almost ready....cooked it slow in the AGA.....hoping its as rare as we like it.....Kyle wants mash and Tom wants roast potatoes......just have to do both...…..

I`m starving...….:)

Schumi when in September? We might be going for my birthday.

More or less the whole of September.......lol......we arrive Sept 3rd and leave Oct 2nd.

Although our last few nights again I think we’ll move over to Sapphire as we love it over there too......

Have you got any dates in mind yet.......

More or less the whole of September.......lol......we arrive Sept 3rd and leave Oct 2nd.

Although our last few nights again I think we’ll move over to Sapphire as we love it over there too......

Sometime in the middle...my birthday is the 16th.

Brrrr didn’t get the big blast of snow. Probably less than half a foot when all said & done but it’s the temps that are coming & the inches of ice underneath the white stuff that is challenging us today.

Wondering how Patty is doing with snow, DS showed me pics of where there are on Lake Erie, close to 2 feet of snow. Glad i skipped the trip.

Baking, cooking & cleaning mode last two days. Last few hours spent prepping my lasagne, will let set up a bit before tossing in oven.
Janet....who’s birthday did I miss???

Robo.....ours is a Bosch....we like that make. Or Miele.....both stood us well over the years. Hope you get a place on the floats one night! And yes, the blood moon looks interesting.......Kyle was talking about it the other night that it was soon.

Charade the new dishwasher we have doesn’t have a basket.....it has a top shelf you don’t really notice for all the cutlery......I wasn’t sure before I got it....but it’s so much better than the basket.

Hey Lynne.......keep warm!!!

Hey Mac..........yep, same for me......no work to think about is fabulous!!!

Not as cold here tonight......we have 2c...34F. And no snow. House is cosy though.

Another weekend with no set plans.....don’t plan to go out anywhere tomorrow as it’s still going to be cold.....so, will have a day in.....may get round to clearing out the shelves in the office......my unofficial temporary library that I want back where it belongs in the small family room at the back of the house......my book cases are all still there waiting to be fillled up again....long Story!!!

Have a great weekend all........

More of a appreciate Winnie the Pooh day...today is squirrel day. That’s just nuts:duck:

Just getting ready to go for dinner but a quick stop in first.
Robo, good stuff. But sounds like for me the eclipse will happen around 3am! Ugh..

Repair guy came this morning. Says bottom motor is dead. Waiting for estimate on how much new motor will be. I’m arguing with husband about new one. He wants to get a new one, lol. He says, you can probably get a good one for $600:sad2: men! Totally clueless. More like $1000 for a nice one. Which is why I want to keep mine! It’s a kitchenaid stainless tub, 3 level wash. It’s really quiet. Tall tub.

Schumi the store I was in had only 1 Bosch on the floor. Tub was stainless but bottom of tub was plastic or whatever the material is. I’ve never seen that before, strange. I will continue looking.

Monykalyn 72 floor yikes! Glad you got there ok. Did you have problem with long airport security lines? I hear many TSA are calling in sick.

Have a good night everyone!

Enjoy that new kitchen beast!

We had no issues with airport security or customs either on our trip.

Ah, snow is gone for now, tomorrow night into Sunday is our storm arrival. Chance for more snow, sleet, and freezing rain. Nice. Then deep freeze for Monday. Good thing many have off that day.

Hunkered down, under the covers. Space heaters are around the plumbing, as frozen, blocked pipes are not an expense we want to incur. Send mummy dust that we go through until Friday, with our house having no other issues. We have lots of blankets, and I actually put socks on.

Lovely that it is only a Friday.

Seriously, that is awful to hear re the lack of heat. Hope it’s resolved soon, good attitude I gotta give it to you. Probably would’ve bailed and booked a hotel lol.

Bacon? Yum.

Restocked the kitchen yesterday. And used the oven to heat up the kitchen.

Thanks for all the wishes. Monday will be the hardest. 14 out is the high, with a wind chill feel like 0. We put space heaters inside the middle of the house to help with keeping the pipes from freezing. The heater service was nice enough to move their schedule around and have it done on Thursday. Seems like a long time, but a busy time of year for heating issues, and parts that need to be ordered, that take a few days. Mac, that was a horrible failing heater experience. I am a little miffed that heaters now generally have a 20 year life span. This one we put in a year or so after we moved in, as the air conditioner bit the dust, and required a new heater to go along with it. Both are almost 30 years old, so guess what will be replaced in the Spring? Thankfully, can wait, and pay for it later.

So a quiet Saturday here, with rain failing. At least it is above freezing today, seasonable 38 is the high. I will take cold rain over the freezing rain and sleet we are to enjoy later in the evening, with the worst to happen overnight. Seems our highways posted signs warning no trucks permitted on them, from midnight tonight until 1pm Sunday. Recovering a car that crashes is bad enough, a truck, involved, even worse. You won’t see me out during that time, so I wouldn’t know if a truck disregards that warning anyway, but I will if the news gets wind of it. We were lucky, on the drive to Miami and back, the only accident we saw, was on the other side of the highway, an overturned truck. A local in Miami told us, there are always accidents on the highways we were using. I will say, the Friday ride down was quicker, as we had quite a good amount of traffic from Miami until just past Ft. L., on Wednesday.

MonyK, that would be neat if your friends were on the same cruise. Not my favorite stops, as we had done Bahamas twice before, but a fun cruise with all the characters.

Time for tea. And a snuggle in the blanket. Then maybe a quick grocery trip. Seems the stocked kitchen does not have enough stuff that little one enjoys eating. There is always one picky eater.

Never did the drive down to FLL/MIA. Was going to just do a quick, cheap flight on spirit once but changed cruise. Curious, did you take turnpike or 8
95? How long did it take?

Going to have to get the snow blower out. Only for the second time this winter though. We've been lucky.

Mine still in shed. Have all my neighbors now using their leaf blowers for smaller snow totals lol Ima trendsetter

We have snow. So impressed with my car windshield cover, which also included covers for the side mirrors. Hope it works, and was easy to install.

Chinese for dinner. Figured their hot mustard would keep me warm. Well, at least my sinuses are clearer now, LOL.

Here is hoping we all get just a dusting of snow, and warmer temps to melt and dry all before the deep freeze sets in.

Did it work? If so, please share the info. Im so sick of scraping windshield

Charade I just got Amazon Prime awhile ago. Watched Man In The Hightower. It was very good. There are a few other series I have my eye on that look good. My husband likes the Car show, can’t remember name! Lol.

Schumi I wish Lowe’s had the 3rd rack in the 300 series. I know some in that series has it, but not at Lowe’s. Guess I’m doomed to live with the baskets! I can see how handy the rack would be. But I’m sure the one we ordered will be good.
A winter walk along the beach even if cold sounds lovely.
When is your May trip? Congrats on Dec booked!
Hope you enjoy reading the Outlander series!

Lynne yes nothing like that hot mustard to clear out the sinus lol! Probably help you to stay warm too! Glad security lines weren’t long for you.
Do you have one of those electric throw blankets? My daughter has one, she likes it because her area is the Rec room in the basement. It’s a finished basement but the heat doesn’t seem very good down there. So she uses a space heater to help and snuggles in the electric throw blanket.
Glad your windshield cover works well.

Mac, yup I’ve joined dishwasher club. It was just too expensive to replace motor on our Kitchenaid. Didn’t make sense to put that much $ into a 10 yr old washer. I would have preferred putting that money into something more fun to be sure! Did you ever find the RPH toiletries?

Well it’s Saturday night and no rain or high winds yet. Hope I didn’t just jinx myself! The full moon is beautiful, wish I could stay up for eclipse, but 3 AM, I know if I set alarm to watch I won’t get back to sleep.
After we got back from Dishwasher shopping and Costco I ate my left overs from my Italian dinner and napped. So exhausting that dishwasher buying is, lol. Hope I can sleep tonight.

Those in the snow belt, be safe. So glad we haven’t had any snow here this winter (yet). We live on a steep hill, and driving can be dicey. But now that I’m retired if it snows I don’t have to go out, risking life and limb yay.

I’ve been watching that series for years, it’s my go-to travel one on my fire (only time i use it). Really need to download some more stuff, always forget.

products

in the bathroom closet

Stay warm homies!

I’m going to parrot my parents: If they were snakes, probably would’ve bit you.

Haha love the way you roll. We’re booked into BWV starting 9/28, move onto to ‘somewhere’ onsite the following Thursday, believe that’s the day after you leave.:headache: Know we miss tink yet again. Things got so hectic, never did get to see Lynne last year either

Good afternoon everyone. We are having a very lazy weekend. The highlight of my day yesterday was buying new windshield wipers for me car.

Sunny day today, but windy and the temps are dropping. I can’t really complain though. At least we aren’t getting any snow.

I think y’all have convinced me to look at Bosch dishwashers when the time comes. Every place I have lived has either been a rental or already had appliances, so I have never had to purchase an appliance until we bought our current house.

Dh is watching football playoffs. I will probably end up napping. I don’t like one off the four teams, but have no feeling one way or the other about the other three. If I watch the Super Bowl this year it will probably be for the commercials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter