• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Dropping by to wish all the homies a fabulous thanksgiving with family and friends today!

Enjoy this time with your loved ones.

We are taking a pass on it as I have not been moving around much
My bp now is improving and now up to 99/59
I’m all caught up on all law and order reruns which is was a fun thing for me

I’m very lucky weatherwise as it should be 60 today
For those with snow and cold I know how awful that weather can be at this time if the year with snow and low temps

When you “pull” the wishbone today, hope you win!

Happy Thanksgiving Sans Family :goodvibes...I hope everyone has a wonderful day with friends and family.

Mac glad to see you doing better and posting:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Charade Congrats for B!! That's awesome.:thumbsup2... Liv is finishing up this week and will send out next week. It is such an anxious exciting time. I hope you were able to get back to sleep!

Schumi I hope you enjoy your day at the Salon:thumbsup2

Robo Nice to see you posting today! Hope you enjoy your day!

PrincesswithAblaster Glad you had a nice trip and safe travels home.:)

Keisha Love the cool minion meme! It made my morning!:goodvibes

Lynne Good luck tonight at the stores:thumbsup2...Liv is already panicking working toninght:scared1:

It is cold out there today, we are only in the low 20's but it is sunny! I am off to cook then challenge the cold!

Thanks Bobbie. Yeah, crazy, though I do not think even last year was that crazy. Just bought 3 more gifts online. Woot. In fact, an early peek at Target online, and now no need to hurry there. Little one has sent out hers. One received as a yes, but not her first choice. Guess by the Spring I can say where. Most likely not going to have two commuters.

Afternoon all.......

Hope you’re all enjoying time with family right now and having the best time with some lovely food and company too.........

Had my appointments........and my hair is slightly shorter than normal........just a little.......but much shorter than usual.......like it though. I’m glad I walked as the owner is American and had made rather surprisingly champagne cocktails for clients today and pumpkin pie.......both were lovely!

Tom then picked me up and we went to American Friends home and had some food with them afterall......we were kind of hijacked and told we weren’t leaving till we ate.......lol......well, who are we to argue with that.......

It was beautiful.......full on American Thanksgiving.........glad we didn’t arrive empty handed as were instructed as we planned to just pop in, say hello and leave, we never turn up empty handed.......but it was beautiful and we met some folks we didn’t know from Boston..........lovely people. Nice afternoon all round.

So no need to cook tonight.........:D

Hope you all have a lovely day.............

Dropping by to wish all the homies a fabulous thanksgiving with family and friends today!

I’m all caught up on all law and order reruns which is was a fun thing for me

I’m very lucky weatherwise as it should be 60 today
For those with snow and cold I know how awful that weather can be at this time if the year with snow and low temps

When you “pull” the wishbone today, hope you win!

Uh-Oh! What'd I miss? Mac...You OK?

Happy T-Day everybody!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone :goodvibes

I'm still in a food coma and being a couch potato...watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The kids went Black Friday shopping and will be back in time for football and round 2 with all the Turkey day food. I made too much and plan to send Trey and his roommates home with plenty of leftovers.

Mac...glad to hear you're doing better...take care of yourself :hug:

Shout out to Carole, Robo, keisha, charade, patty, Lynne, bobbie, princess, monyk, tgrgirl, buckeev and all the SANs family...hope you had a wonderful day with family and friends :flower1:

Good evening. I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. We had lunch at a Chinese buffet. I wanted a traditional meal, but got outvoted. We got to the restaurant and they had a turkey carving station, ham, and all of the traditional sides. B ate only Chinese, and dh had a combo of both. After lunch we went to see Wreck It Ralph. It was a really cute movie. If you go see it stay until the very end of the credits.

Mac - I don’t know what’s going on, but hope you are feeling better soon. You have been missed.

Happy Thanksgiving friends!
Busy day-but most of work done yesterday with prepping so not hard. With 9 people we got through 1/2 of a 15# turkey-plenty of leftovers and college kid will get stuff to take back. Snacked all day until dinner feast-cheese board, veggies, hummus, cookies, fruit to get get us by. Popped the champagne and had tropical mimosas all day-made the work seem easy:rotfl2:. Then our traditional board games/card games after dinner. Let the 16 year old have a mimosa and oh my, was it funny, she got very giggly. Boy wasn't feeling great all day, had to give him pepto a couple times. Did eat some dinner, now tucked into bed after I sat with him (he doesn't usually require mom at bedtime anymore). Hoping he's feeling better tomorrow. Not sure if we are going to get up to shop or not...
And talked to my mom and plans changed again-they are flying home from Arizona for Christmas, so now will do Christmas with them (we usually don't get to see them anymore since they became snow birds fleeing cold weather). Hopefully sisters and niece will be able to come as well. We will do Christmas early with FiL (and be able to go out with Sil for her bday), then drive to Jacksonville on 24th to spend Christmas with Dh oldest. then to Universal for couple days, home by New years. That is the plan for now and will book hotels tomorrow...Also decided the youngest 2 need to come with as they would otherwise be glued to screen or games all break.
We rang in 2016 at Disney. It was really crowded but still a lot of fun.
We did NYE in Epcot to start the year (Dec 30 at MK). Glad we got to experience it and had a lot of fun.

had Liv's award ceremony last night. It was very nice and the write up the guidance counselor did for her was awesome. She was on cloud 9 and that made us so happy.
Wow-that is so Awesome!!!! Hope her Black friday working experience isn't too bad. Except for one year, I had great managers that made working on these crazy days fun!

I love hearing about hair cuts and colors. I am always looking at new ideas.
Me too=although I don't stray far from normal-craziest I have gone is this last time when I went less blond and more caramel color low lights to get it closer to natural color. And I am way too chicken to chop it off-I like being able to do ponytail.

B just got her first college acceptance letter, and it’s her first choice too. She’s very excited right now.
Congratulations to B!!!:banana::cheer2:

today it's off to Wisconsin to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Hope you had a fabulous trip! Doing a trip report?? And where in Wisconsin? Lots of family near Marshfield/Greenwood area in central WI

Glad to hear you are doing better!! and yes take it easy!

If you go see it stay until the very end of the credits.
Going to see it tomorrow afternoon. Had to watch the first one tonight (which I missed most of due to boy not feeling well-but it was more for inlaws who hadn't seen it).

And I am impressed by anyone who has shopping done already. This year especially will be about giving experiences vs stuff. Although I will still get my mom her Amazon GC as she is a voracious reader on her kindle!
The minion and turkey made me giggle Keisha!
Schumi sounds like a fab day of good food and company!

Think it is time for PJ and bed...

Hey buckeev.........nice to see you post! Hope you’re good..........

Nice to see everyone had a lovely day whatever you were doing.......love the sound of Vicki’s food coma!!!

MonyK......sounds like you have some some nice plans for the holidays.......and hope your boy is doing better, yes sometimes just having mum there beside them helps.....regardless of age!

I hear you on the hair......I had a discussion with my stylist yesterday and considered for a millisecond going darker with more caramel than normal .......but stuck to my usual.....but now you mention it.........I may have the shortest ponytail ever!!! Guess I won’t be having a ponytail this trip......:rotfl:

So, avoiding the sales today is my mission.....I do need to go pick up a dress I ordered......but no sales shopping for me......detest them!! And the Black Friday mania is ridiculous.........stores mainly getting rid of stuff no one else wanted!!

So, quick trip into town, then very, very early for us will start putting up our indoor trees and decorations.......never have our stuff gone up so early.

But 5 more sleeps and we’re off........:cool1:

Got a call from my friends son who stayed at ours last year while we were away asking if he could do the same this year.......of course he can.....my friends home is a little busy, so he enjoys the peace and quiet of ours.....I already assumed he might want to do that and made sure one of the spare rooms is all ready for him and probably his girlfriend.......I trust them implicitly and they leave the place immaculate. He’s 29 and saving for his own home and very trustworthy and sensible........I can see why him and Kyle have always got on well..........

So, hope whatever you all day today, you have a lovely day......

Is anyone else missing some of the emoticons when they post??? I see a few missing and they show up as words when I post or read others posts???

Largest shopping mall in the US, yes, we have been here for 1/2 hour so far. Only because the 3 malls near us do not have the coveted handful of stores little one is fond of.

TGIF!

Good thoughts Mac! Glad to have you let us know you are doing. Mummy dust sent. Lots of it.

TGIF all!!

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving yesterday! We ate outside overlooking the water- watched boats pass by!! Lovely day with the family!!
thumbnail_IMG_4163.jpg

Mac- sending healing wishes your way!!

il_570xN.1568802037_2owj.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day!

Happy Friday all...…..

POTC final movie tonight.……

Most of the outdoor decorations and trees all decorated...….doing inside tomorrow.....then watch first Christmassy movie tomorrow night....yep, it`s very early, but as trees will be up.....why not!!!

Where is everyone........

Hope all is good with youse guys..........we like this thread to keep moving.........::yes::

It’s Saturday now in the UK...........almost time for bed.....got bacon and poached eggs planned for morning.......

Have a great Friday evening......

Currently standing in a long line waiting to get food. At least it’s warm in here.

Hope the food is good......and hope you’re having a fun day......

House is warm and cosy, but cold outside.......

Bedtime here.......:wave:

It’s Saturday.........

Up early today again.........really felt like a long lie in today, but when you’re awake.......you’re awake......

Bacon for breakfast this morning..........white toast too........then a little housework.........then Christmas decorations are going up inside our home........:flower1:

Love doing that!!! Christmas music on, even though it’s early, mid afternoon is red wine (tradition :D) and sweet mince pies......made my own again this year but added cranberries to the mix instead of mixed peel which I don’t like.......my pastry isn’t the best but they taste great!!! And get into the festive spirt a little early this year.....

Have a great Saturday........:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter