Something About Nothing ... #12

Do you remember what section of SVR in which you were placed?

SW’s AP pricing is amazing, not much more than two visits. Love the perks (APH lounge/restaurant open again yea!) and the discounts on DC & tours, along with occasional free tix for guests is hard to beat.

We were in Cascades. Lovely! I was pleasantly surprised that our building faced 535 but our room was so quiet!!:thumbsup2

Yes- SW pricing is great!! Looking forward to many trips there in the next year!!:goodvibes

We're going to check out the holiday events on our December trip!

’m at the elementary school waiting for the group picture to be taken. The kids are now returning to their cars. Where is mine? On the swing set.

Never too old to go on swings!!:)

House cleaning here! A little football later!

Looking for some touristy things to do while we're in Ft. Lauderdale next week. We haven't been to South Florida in quite a few years. Somehow, we get sidetracked in Orlando:laughing:

Looking for some touristy things to do while we're in Ft. Lauderdale next week. We haven't been to South Florida in quite a few years. Somehow, we get sidetracked in Orlando:laughing:
I haven’t been to Ft Lauderdale in years either. Last time was to see Princess Diana’s wedding dress & others at the art museum. My husband has a childhood friend who lives literally a block or 2 from Port Everglades. It was incredibly weird sitting in their backyard & waving to the cruisers on the top deck!!

Getting the house ready for my MIL to visit the weekend after Tgiving, since we will be at UO Thursday & Friday. The kitten we kept from the feral litter is getting spayed Tuesday. She should be much easier to catch than her Mama was!! And, our pool pump went out so that is being replaced also on Tuesday. what else ? Oh, We have two mattresses being delivered Wednesday. Also I need to shop for Tgiving food since we will be cooking our feast on Saturday. So much to do, so little time (and $$)!

I haven’t even told y’all about the debacle trying to score “Hamilton” tickets last Friday. Just google Hamilton tickets Orlando & you should see some news stories about what a mess it was. Luckily I was able to get tickets after only (!) a two hour online wait. Hope the show is worth it. Have any of you seen it?

Never too old to go on swings!!:)
I looked a couple of minutes later and several students were climbing on the play structure and going down the slides. I was just telling dh today about the kids of some of my other friends who seem to want to grow up too fast. It was refreshing to see some of these seniors enjoying the playground.

Looking for some touristy things to do while we're in Ft. Lauderdale next week. We haven't been to South Florida in quite a few years. Somehow, we get sidetracked in Orlando
The last time I was in Ft. Lauderdale was in 2011. We were there for the wedding of one of dh’s former students. She used to babysit B when we lived in the area.

I haven’t even told y’all about the debacle trying to score “Hamilton” tickets last Friday. Just google Hamilton tickets Orlando & you should see some news stories about what a mess it was. Luckily I was able to get tickets after only (!) a two hour online wait. Hope the show is worth it. Have any of you seen it?
A friend who recently relocated to the Orlando area managed to get tickets. I seem to be the only one who has no desire to see this show.

There were horror stories here when the Hamilton tickets went on sale. I guess it's messy everywhere! I'd love to see it, but I guess I'll have to wait a while. When are you going? Can't wait to hear about it!:thumbsup2

It was refreshing to see some of these seniors enjoying the playground.

I agree! Hey, I still go on the swings in our yard sometimes!:rolleyes1 Sadly, I think we're going to take down our play set next year. It's hard to think about since it was built by Joe, my Dad, and father-in-law. Has so many special memories!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!

b53a2154976095e27f8edd8f34f9302a.jpg

Did, thanks Patty. Getting ready for a nice short week. Watching the end of Potter movie again. Always sad in parts.

Good dinner, hot roast beef sandwiches with mashed and steamed broccoli. Made myself a milkshake too. Cool out, so will wear a sweater tomorrow, as never can tell what inside temp will be.

Have a good night all, and stay warm.

Nope, did not yet see the play, but have seen all the hype with getting tickets to it.

upload_2018-11-19_6-35-55.jpeg and happy, that for some of us, Thanksgiving is this week.
images

Why yes car, while not icy out, it could be. Cool, 36 degree start, with some fog, and had to use the defroster. Yep, that heated seat felt mighty nice.

Schumi, I hope you enjoy whatever vehicle you purchase. We've had a couple different brands, but know a one brand family. I'm on my 3rd SUV, and like driving one. I wish the current ones were higher, as my first one was built on a truck frame, and I like sitting high when driving.

With that, oddly, almost warm inside, though sweater at the ready. Time for tea, and since I bought holiday mints to share, well, may need to sample some to see if any good.

Later homies, for those traveling this week, safe travels, enjoy family and friends.

3660c-6a00d8341c5f3053ef019b01a706c9970c-800wi.gif
:laughing:
Loose%20Parts%2011-22-15.jpg
:laughing:

:coffee: :woohoo:

Good afternoon all! Where did the morning go????

Cold but sunny today! Sun always makes a day better!!:sunny:

Lynne- Ooh- holiday mints! Love those melt in your mouth mints!!:thumbsup2

Thanksgiving week is here!!

Have a great day, all!!:goodvibes

hEB46BBC0

Distracted at work again. Not sure why but middle was shocked to find out this is thanksgiving week yesterday LOL! She has been so busy I don't think she realized how far into November we are.
Saw the 2nd Fantastic Beasts saturday-really enjoyed it. Told DH now I want to go see the Hogwarts castle at Christmas as we were leaving and he just laughed and said not happening this year...more on that later.
I got one text from a friend today with just a load of ??????? They’ll get over it.
:rotfl: I got similar texts last year when we said we were going to Orlando for Tday to see oldest...

Had good drive of the Porsche today........think I like it! Decisions.........::yes::
The SUV's are so nice!

I haven’t even told y’all about the debacle trying to score “Hamilton” tickets
Ugh! glad you got through, I keep pricing tix when they come near but :scared1:the cost! My son was really into the music a couple years ago. Bonus is he knows the history now! Heard it is a great show.

as my first one was built on a truck frame, and I like sitting high when driving.
Why I like my 4runner so much!!

And DH just called asked what days I wanted to go to Orlando over Christmas !!!!??? What???? We had decided we were NOT traveling over Christmas - While I wanted to it was never a really serious consideration. Will likely decide in next day or two after we talk to his oldest DD who will be in town for few hours tomorrow. Not complaining but OMG he is gonna be the death of me with last minute planning! And yes-checked hotel prices and Cabana Bay is actually decent rate for PH-and if college kid comes with us will need the space...
How am I to be expected to WoRk now when all I want to do is book the trip???

Hope Mac is OK and enjoying family time!!

Distracted at work again. Not sure why but middle was shocked to find out this is thanksgiving week yesterday LOL! She has been so busy I don't think she realized how far into November we are.
Saw the 2nd Fantastic Beasts saturday-really enjoyed it. Told DH now I want to go see the Hogwarts castle at Christmas as we were leaving and he just laughed and said not happening this year...more on that later.
:rotfl: I got similar texts last year when we said we were going to Orlando for Tday to see oldest...

The SUV's are so nice!

Ugh! glad you got through, I keep pricing tix when they come near but :scared1:the cost! My son was really into the music a couple years ago. Bonus is he knows the history now! Heard it is a great show.

Why I like my 4runner so much!!

And DH just called asked what days I wanted to go to Orlando over Christmas !!!!??? What???? We had decided we were NOT traveling over Christmas - While I wanted to it was never a really serious consideration. Will likely decide in next day or two after we talk to his oldest DD who will be in town for few hours tomorrow. Not complaining but OMG he is gonna be the death of me with last minute planning! And yes-checked hotel prices and Cabana Bay is actually decent rate for PH-and if college kid comes with us will need the space...

Hope Mac is OK and enjoying family time!!

Oh get it booked MonyK!!!! Work can wait........lol.......sounds fabulous!!! ::yes::

The castle is amazing during the holidays.......always worth seeeing.....good luck with getting it organised!

As for the car, well, there’s two SUV’s Porsche do....one won’t be available for a year, and the other which is the smaller of the two is available from March......they don’t import a whole lot to the UK.......so decisions......actually the smaller of the two would do us just fine, it’s still a good size.......then of course there’s Mercedes to look at too........told Tom leave it till after our trip to go test drive the other Porsche.........can’t think about anything else right now!

Enjoy rest of your day.........

It is freezing here!! Wild and wooly weather with icy blast coming in from the East......and we are on the East Coast......we might be quite far down the country but jeez!! It’s too cold........

Got a good bit of Christmas shopping done this morning.......got most for Scotland........and friends have all decided to do the whole “No Christmas cards” thing again and put the money we would have spent into a chosen charity.....but, still give family cards......couldn’t not give them cards.

Got back home and wrapped up most of it..........then finally........finished trip report!!!! Started it beginning of September so time it was done.........

Ready to start new one now........:D

Good evening. I am trying so hard to stay awake. I had a bout of insomnia last night and now I am ready to crash. I have been thinking about getting a weighted blanket to see if that helps me sleep better. I keep seeing them all over Facebook. Two of our therapists say they have clients who swear by them. I bought another Christmas gift for dh today. He loves coffee and has expressed interest in getting a french press, so I ordered one today. I am still trying to come up with something else for B.

Schumi, I hope you enjoy whatever vehicle you purchase. We've had a couple different brands, but know a one brand family.
We have become a one brand family. We have had nothing but Hondas for the past 20+ years.

A Christmas trip would be awesome. We really enjoyed it last year.

We had out taco Tuesday a day early this week. A local Mexican restaurant was doing a fundraiser for B’s school theater department, so of course we had to to eat there tonight. I actually hadn’t been to that restaurant in about 8 years. The last time I ate there I got very sick. I think I am going to be fine today though.

Ready to start new one now........:D

Not long now!! How exciting!! :cheer2:

I bought another Christmas gift for dh today. He loves coffee and has expressed interest in getting a french press, so I ordered one today. I am still trying to come up with something else for B.

Sounds like a great gift for DH!! :thumbsup2

Did some last minute shopping tonight for our trip! Starting to pack tonight!:goodvibes

Have a peaceful night all!!

Good-Night-Everyone.gif

Icy winter blast is here!

Spent the night listening to a howling wind.....like an old black and white movie.......even Kyle has his coat over his suit this morning........must be bad!

It just looks miserable outside......rain and winds that are freezing is a day to stay in.......although Tom has a dentist check up so we’ll be out for that.......won’t be doing much else........

Had braising steak in slow cooker all night with ale (which I hate unless for cooking) beef stock loads of black pepper and few other bits and bobs.......aroma is wonderful.........so that’s dinner tonight with creamy mash and some kind of veg.......real winter warmer of a dish..........

Have a great Tuesday.........

Yep, Schumi, when it's cold, you have hot foods, and warm up the kitchen. Well, we are enjoying another 50's day, with rain, and fog to start the day. No matter, older one called yesterday, said the school said high on Thanksgiving will be 28. Yes, that's right. A bundle up and quick moving Black Friday will be here. Lowest Thanksgiving temp since over 100 years ago. Sigh. Coffee and tea at the ready too.

And hey, it's Taco Tuesday. upload_2018-11-20_7-5-20.jpeg Maybe a turkey one? upload_2018-11-20_7-4-19.jpeg

Mac, time for a Taco Bell run. Hope you are feeling okay, and will be enjoying some good food.

Patty, safe travels.

Charade, little one has a list, and well, let's just say, she's not getting all. I do have some small stuff to put in her stocking. Hair cut for me, so after, will do some shopping. Target's open to 11pm.

MonyK, DO IT! I love all the stuff open in Orlando, and the parks are all decorated, nice to be where all are enjoying a warmer holiday season than most.

With that, tea is ready, :drinking1and so am I. It's like a Thursday, with a 4 day week-end. :woohoo:

Oh, yeah, and to start the drooling:

National-Peanut-Butter-Fudge-Day-November-20-1-1-1024x512.jpg
Yum. ::yes::

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer::music:

Good morning. Today is my Friday this week. None of our therapists are working tomorrow. It will be nice to have a couple of extra days off, but I won’t be happy when I get my next paycheck. I think we have decided on a Chinese buffet for Thanksgiving day. It will be sad not getting together with our friends like we usually do, but hopefully she will have a quick recovery from her surgery. We are still planning to spend Black Friday at Busch Gardens. I hope the weather cooperates.

Good morning :coffee:

It looks like quite a few of us will be in Orlando for the holiday season Carole, Monyk, Patty and of course tgrgrl is lucky enough to live there...who else am I forgetting? Is keisha going too?

I started out the day making cornbread for the dressing Danielle is making up for our Thanksgiving celebration at work tomorrow. I still have all the Turkey day cooking to do since we're doing Thanksgiving at home this year for the first time in many years...what fun!

I know I'll miss seeing the family but I'm not going to miss being in a car for 4 1/2 hours of our day.

Have fun at Busch Gardens Charade...hope the weather is good for you :goodvibes

Enjoy your 4 day weekend Lynne...I have to work every day except Thanksgiving...gotta love retail.

Hope our mac is doing well :hug:

Have a wonderful day everyone :flower1:

Morning Sans family :wave2:

829F6919-A4CA-4B8F-8D46-F5039225FF4A.jpeg

Morning Lynne, Schumi, Charade and Tink :wave2:

Have a safe trip Pattyw :car:

I’am cooking Thanksgiving dinner too Tink. So nice you have your daughter to help you with your meal.

I like cooking up a holiday meal for the family. I enjoy watching the family enjoy their meal. I have a 21 pound Turkey thawing. My sister is bringing a nice side dish to add to the other sides we will have and drinks. Son and daughter in law are bringing desserts.

Hope all who are feeling bad get better soon :grouphug:

Yeah!!!!! Monykalyn on the trip to Universal.

Planning on going down to Nashville for a quick shopping trip with granddaughter in a couple of weeks. Trying to find a hotel that will work. Need to do more searching on that.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Kyle and I watched the launch live yesterday........and the landing........I think the accuracy of the landing impresses me more than the launch itself.....amazing!!! We love them!!!
Schumi, not sure of your travel dates but there is a SpaceX launch on Dec 4th!!!

I have been thinking about getting a weighted blanket to see if that helps me sleep better. I keep seeing them all over Facebook. Two of our therapists say they have clients who swear by them.
I have been thinking about getting one for my husband since he is a terrible sleeper. Let me know if you decide on a brand.

Tink, I love cornbread dressing. It reminds me of my grandmother’s family Thanksgivings. My husband prefers the stuffing (bread cubes) type so I am a good wife & usually defer to his because he uses his dad’s recipie & he passed away 2 years ago. Only problem is, it is for a 20 lb turkey & we usually have @ a 10lb bird. Soooo, we have stuffing for days because we MUST NOT DEVIATE FROM THE ORIGINAL RECIPIE. I typed that in my best James Earl Jones voice.....

Vicki, sorry you won’t see family this year.....but yep, long journey. How lovely of Danielle.....sounds lovely......and yep, Janet is along for a holiday trip too.......:)

Robo......thank you........and your family get together sounds fabulous as always.......and Nashville sounds fun.....I’m sure you’ll get sorted with a hotel.....

Tgrgrl.......yep, we saw the announcement weeks ago ::yes:: .......we arrive Nov 29th till Dec 9th so, we’ve been trying to decide whether to go that day and risk the some things not being available to see, or another day.......but looks like we may go that day now after all......will leave final decision to Kyle I think........

It has been dreadful today......high winds, icy rain and just dark and dismal all day. So, we wen tout this morning for Dh dental appointment and then had lunch. This afternoon we made some hot chocolate and watched a couple of old black and white movies......had the fire on, candles and it was cosier than a gooey Christmas movie!!!

Nice way to spend a horrible winters afternoon......

Beef in Ale was a big success.......delicious and perfect for today....still wild and woolly outside and freezing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter