• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Something About Nothing ... #12

Safe travels Mac! Hope you get there early, and enjoy the fun right away. Yeah, straight hair, uh huh. Poofy is my hair. Yep, still not have outgrown those layers, and well, even with not much humidity, oh my.

Yeah, you know, seeing the sun will be great. 16 days this month, so far, have been rain filled, 62 percent of the days this month have been overcast. Yeah, that's right, double the amount of gray days Seattle has had this month. Rain, rain, go away, come back not for many a day. Well, at least it's warm, 80 is the high, and will be over 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the week.

Per my weather guy: Thunderstorms this afternoon, rain on Thursday, rain on Friday, and the week-end, pause, well, it is only Wednesday, so maybe the rain that is predicted on the week-end will change. Raise a glass, I hope he is right. Would be nice to have a rain free week-end, since the last 2 had rain.

But while it's Mac's travel day, it is a Wednesday, and yes, ladies and gents, that means:
upload_2018-9-26_6-52-58.jpeg yep, hump day, and camel is here to remind you, upload_2018-9-26_6-54-43.jpeg, the middle of most's work week. It's also good to say,
images
. ::yes:: Yes, after today, the week-end, is just 2 more days away. Wishing you all a happy Wednesday, stay dry, have fun, and take care.

It is time for tea, so :wave2: to all you homies. Later.

Good morning Robo, Lynne!! And to all the other peeps just getting started today!!:sunny:

Yay- Mac is on a plane :cheer2:

Last full day of work today!! How can I get all the stuff done that I need to do??? :scared:

Love all those cleaning minions Robo! and the hump day pictures Lynne:)

Schumi- steaming hot sounds great!:thumbsup2 My heat has been on at home in the evenings!!

1*tD6ppc57W3Uj0nY7zIRUhQ.png

Morning ya'll!! THink I am somewhat recovered from trip now. Bed at 2am on (monday morning) as plans to leave park on sunday by Midnight kinda didn't work LOL!. Up at 430 am to get to airport for 7 am flight-Thank you TSAprecheck!!!!!!! breezed through when regular security lines soooo long.
SAFE TRAVELS to all those going soon (or on way like Mac!) had a blast on our trip but now I am NOT going to check flight prices for a quick nip down (hubs would divorce me I think LOL). Ended up buying express pass Sunday just to be sure we could do houses we wanted. Did 3 houses twice, and hit all but ST, Blumhouse and H4 that night. DD envy of her friends at school now, and a couple teachers too.

Fall arrived last night-storm ushered in cool front-high 68 degrees and down to possible 40's tonight-guess I'd better close the windows to the chickens house tonight. 70's rest of week.
What does it say when your body is craving nothing but bloody mary mix? Not even the vodka, just the mix?
Electrolytes and vit C.

Ok, I'll have the sour cream left off so it will still be eatable.
hmmm :rotfl2:. Saw on news today-when we were in Fayetteville for family weekend two weeks ago the place we wanted to eat at has outbreak of what they think is foodborne illness-over 100 peeps very sick. We left because it was 2 hour wait to be seated, and went somewhere else-so glad we did now!!

I have a pork roast in the crockpot for dinner tonight, been smelling it all day, and I want to eat it. Right. Now.
Love my crockpot but yeah-kids start texting me when they get home about the smell, and when is dinner, and can they eat Right Now??.

she now lives in Orlando!!
Too cool!!!!

someday in the future, lets get a day that works for all for a meet up
Yep-plan now and let me know! I'll drag hubs along too if we plan far enough in advance.

it’s funny how we ladies feel the need to clean our homes before vacation
well I didn't this trip because I didn't have time. And of course the boys didn't either-they took off for lake. Came home to countertop filled with stinky dishes-blew MY top. And then cleaned last night between getting home from work and having to run kids to band and soccer. DH is with his dad helping with the golf tournament his dad puts on for his clients every year at the Lake, so he's not even home this week. Boy didn't end up going to soccer though, as he was rushing to get ready slammed his pinky toe into door frame (did exact same thing last week to same toe) and it swelled up to twice the size. We have issues with toes being broken in our house apparently. My middle toe that broke bends funny now. Doesn't hurt anymore, but foot was swollen monday. Probably should have gone in when first broke it-oh well. Subway takeout last night.

First time to do a connecting flight

Probably never again in a vacation
We paid a bit more for direct flight next month to cruise. Worth it in most cases to lower stress for sure!

Oooh I hope you guys pop in here over the next couple weeks to do live trip updates!! So many going and hope you have fun and enjoy the lizard weather. We were very lucky as we missed all rain the 4 nights we were there!

upload_2018-9-26_11-51-16.jpeg Back to reality for MonyK. LOL I hear ya, cooler temps are coming, but hopefully, that chases the rain away. Heard nary a chicken these last, swampy days. So much rain yesterday, people got their cars stuck in high water streets.

DH can be such a sweetie, 4 am ride, then buying my train ticket for way home. Since I am arriving on a Friday, around dinner time, no way will I ask family to do come to the airport. Trains come every 1/2 hour, and is a nice, easy way to avoid the traffic, as the airport is about an hour drive through the City, and that's with not much traffic. Less stress for them and me.

Countdown is now 5, or 4 more sleeps.

I hear ya Mac, only reason I am doing my flights are the few ones that are direct. I've only tolerated stop overs going out to CA, as SW does not do direct from our airport, and well, the competitors that do, seem to be always higher enough in price, I stay with SW. Funny though, of the 3 round trips, rarely did we connect in the same airport.

Boy didn't end up going to soccer though, as he was rushing to get ready slammed his pinky toe into door frame (did exact same thing last week to same toe) and it swelled up to twice the size. We have issues with toes being broken in our house apparently. My middle toe that broke bends funny now. Doesn't hurt anymore, but foot was swollen monday. Probably should have gone in when first broke it-oh well. Subway takeout last night.

Poor fella.....I feel for him......I have broken my pinkie toe on left foot 4 times.....and the two toes next to it once....son and grandkids jokingly said they are buying me steel toed slippers for Christmas...:-)

Hope his toe heals up soon....It’s pretty painful to wear shoes like that.

Good afternoon Sans... I was off yesterday wasn't feeling well with the head. We had awful rain too. My phone must have went off 3 times for flood alerts in my neighborhood. It seemed to lighten up this morning. It is still cloudy but humid. I guess I have to take what I can get.

Robo love the minion memes today!! It makes me think of the studios since I love that ride. How exciting getting down to the wire. I hope packing goes great and you have an awesome trip and a safe one down.

Mac So sorry I missed you yesterday to wish you a safe and awesome trip. I will do it now.. Have a safe and happy trip!!! I hope you have fun with the meetups and I am going to do everything I can to get there next time. I hope you feel good on your trip. It stinks when you don't. Thank you for the kind words you said about us. Family is who you want it to be. I have been explaining that to Charlie a lot. Biology is just that it is chosen for you. Some peeps are lucky they have that great biological family while others not so much. I think of Sans peeps as family. It is nice to know there is another place to go and call home.

Schumi sounds like a great time! I hope it continues for you and Tom!!! Enjoy your meet ups.

Patty and Lynne Happy getting ready for vacation!!! I hope you guys have safe travels and a great time. Have some great pool time and drinks for me!!

Monykalyn sorry your trip is over and back to the real world. Glad you had a great one! Safe travels!

CKmiles glad your having a great time!

:wave2: to any peeps I missed. I hope you have a great day!!! I think I am off to the store for dinner. Pumpkin sauce with penne and grilled something?

Good afternoon Sans... I was off yesterday wasn't feeling well with the head. We had awful rain too. My phone must have went off 3 times for flood alerts in my neighborhood. It seemed to lighten up this morning. It is still cloudy but humid. I guess I have to take what I can get.

I hope your head is feeling better today :hug:

Thank you for the kind words you said about us. Family is who you want it to be. I have been explaining that to Charlie a lot. Biology is just that it is chosen for you. Some peeps are lucky they have that great biological family while others not so much. I think of Sans peeps as family. It is nice to know there is another place to go and call home.

Mac has created a family here for sure.....i’am so thankful to be part of it:grouphug:

You and your family have been so kind in opening your heart and home to Charlie.

I hope packing goes great and you have an awesome trip and a safe one down.

Thank you......Will get some packing done this afternoon.

Off to see massage therapist.

Oooh I hope you guys pop in here over the next couple weeks to do live trip updates!! So many going and hope you have fun and enjoy the lizard weather. We were very lucky as we missed all rain the 4 nights we were there!

Will do!!:thumbsup2 Hope the rain stays away for our HHN nights, too!

DH can be such a sweetie

Aww! How nice:flower3: You're going to be missed!

son and grandkids jokingly said they are buying me steel toed slippers for Christmas

:laughing: I bet Amazon sells them!

Have some great pool time and drinks for me!!

Will do!! :drinking1 Hope your headache is better today:flower3:

Doing well getting my work caught up for vacation! Always feel better when my desk is cleared! Then off to finish up at the house! And finish packing!

Work slow, even ran out for Boys and Girls club board meeting for 1.5 hours. Don't want to leave too early.
Hope his toe heals up soon....It’s pretty painful to wear shoes like that
thanks-he was upset that it hurt and upset that it is his kicking foot with soccer. This weekends games are gonna be rough.

Family is who you want it to be. I have been explaining that to Charlie a lot. Biology is just that it is chosen for you
Couldn't agree more!!

Monykalyn sorry your trip is over and back to the real world. Glad you had a great one! Safe travels!
Thanks! We had so much fun on our trip it is hard to believe it's over already. Do have our short cruise in a couple weeks to look forward to, and maybe Las Vegas in January. I have to have a trip planned -even if it is a ways away-just to have something to look forward to and plan for.

images
- think I may not be the only homie with that wish, Patty, MonyK,......
:wave::wave: me me! I will take one please!
Although with the manic energy yesterday I can completely enjoy my clean house tonite as there are NO kid activities!!

Hump day check in, need that camel fix :)

I’m in the more hurried i go, the behinder I get mode. Time to sit down with a nice cup of hot tea and chill for a half hour.

Like Lynne the rain just keeps on coming, crazy humid

Great pics as usual

Happy trails to you tomorrow.

thanks robbie for the pictures
I took a sleepiing pill and fading fast
but got a good look at the minions

so cute they are!

hitting the bed as i am fading

Should be firmly ensconced @ WDW right now, enjoy! See you on Thursday.

Yep.....it’s funny how we ladies feel the need to clean our homes before vacation.....LOL......my sweet daughter in law is coming by tomorrow to help me with a few things......iRobot took care of some vacuuming today....need to pack tomorrow......really looking forward to HHN and meet ups.

View attachment 354096

View attachment 354095

View attachment 354094

Yep, it’s a variation on the nesting urge women get before going in labor me thinks Always knew when my time was up when I had that urge to do a deep cleaning lol

An iRobot? Have seen some hysterical cat videos

On second plane now

Connections one of a handful of travel things that sucks more than fast & furious ride.

Morning ya'll!! THink I am somewhat recovered from trip now. Bed at 2am on (monday morning) as plans to leave park on sunday by Midnight kinda didn't work LOL!. Up at 430 am to get to airport for 7 am flight-Thank you TSAprecheck!!!!!!! breezed through when regular security lines soooo long.
SAFE TRAVELS to all those going soon (or on way like Mac!) had a blast on our trip but now I am NOT going to check flight prices for a quick nip down (hubs would divorce me I think LOL). Ended up buying express pass Sunday just to be sure we could do houses we wanted. Did 3 houses twice, and hit all but ST, Blumhouse and H4 that night. DD envy of her friends at school now, and a couple teachers too.

Fall arrived last night-storm ushered in cool front-high 68 degrees and down to possible 40's tonight-guess I'd better close the windows to the chickens house tonight. 70's rest of week.
Electrolytes and vit C.

hmmm :rotfl2:. Saw on news today-when we were in Fayetteville for family weekend two weeks ago the place we wanted to eat at has outbreak of what they think is foodborne illness-over 100 peeps very sick. We left because it was 2 hour wait to be seated, and went somewhere else-so glad we did now!!

Love my crockpot but yeah-kids start texting me when they get home about the smell, and when is dinner, and can they eat Right Now??.

Too cool!!!!

Yep-plan now and let me know! I'll drag hubs along too if we plan far enough in advance.

well I didn't this trip because I didn't have time. And of course the boys didn't either-they took off for lake. Came home to countertop filled with stinky dishes-blew MY top. And then cleaned last night between getting home from work and having to run kids to band and soccer. DH is with his dad helping with the golf tournament his dad puts on for his clients every year at the Lake, so he's not even home this week. Boy didn't end up going to soccer though, as he was rushing to get ready slammed his pinky toe into door frame (did exact same thing last week to same toe) and it swelled up to twice the size. We have issues with toes being broken in our house apparently. My middle toe that broke bends funny now. Doesn't hurt anymore, but foot was swollen monday. Probably should have gone in when first broke it-oh well. Subway takeout last night.

We paid a bit more for direct flight next month to cruise. Worth it in most cases to lower stress for sure!

Ow to DS but you haven’t lived until you’ve broken a few eggs & toes. Know you have that first one covered lol. On a positive not he didn’t dislocate it! Usually pad & tape & good to go with a few days off the field.

Mac, hope you are having a great evening, that goes to Schumi and CK too.

Line of storms on radar looks like we will be hit within the hour or so. Flood warning again issued until 11 tonight. Just what we need, more rain. I hear ya Keisha. Rain. Sigh. But, will be nice to say hello to ya next week. Safe travels.

Older one said House was warm, guess will turn down the AC. As we are hot and humid today. The cold front coming will make the next couple of days in the low 70s. No need for the AC then.

Me too, enjoying some tea. Little one had soup and BLT, older one and I made chicken quesadillas with the meat from a precooked one that I had picked up on way home. Took rest of meat off, to mix with leftover pasta, for DH. Seems neither kid wanted pasta again. Fine with me.

Decided to start vacation early, so took off Friday. Three days to clean and pack. Sounds good to me, with some errands and maybe a movie too.

Hello everyone. I am so far behind that I don't think I can catch up. I'll just start back with today's posts.

we need to get charade to come to Uo and do rides with us.
and bobbie too.
I would love to, but just don't see it happening anytime in the near future. I'd be a bit of a wet blanket anyway. I don't ride roller coasters and will not do HHN.

Yep.....it’s funny how we ladies feel the need to clean our homes before vacation...
Just the thought of coming back to a messy house...ugh!

Yeah, straight hair, uh huh. Poofy is my hair. Yep, still not have outgrown those layers, and well, even with not much humidity, oh my.
Add me to the poofy hair club. My hair used to be straight, but developed a little bit of natural curl. Humidity and I are not on speaking terms.

On second plane now

Where did you fly out of? I would think that you would have a direct flight from GA to FL. I don't think there are any direct flights from where I live. Most flights go from here to Charlotte, NC first.

well I didn't this trip because I didn't have time. And of course the boys didn't either-they took off for lake. Came home to countertop filled with stinky dishes-blew MY top.
I don't blame you there. I remember coming back home after B was born. (C-section, so I stayed longer in the hospital.) and the dishes from when we ate supper the night I went into labor were still in the sink. I was furious.

Boy didn't end up going to soccer though, as he was rushing to get ready slammed his pinky toe into door frame (did exact same thing last week to same toe) and it swelled up to twice the size.
Oh no. Hope it isn't broken. I may or may not have broken a toe once. My doctor just said to buddy tape it.

images
- think I may not be the only homie with that wish, Patty, MonyK,......
I want one of those houses too.

I have lost track of who is at, going to, or coming back from FL. Hope everyone is having, has had, or will have a great time. I am enjoying seeing all of the pictures.

A little bit of good news here. If the weather cooperates, we are finally going to have someone start on our deck remodel tomorrow. I went out today and took before pictures.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter