Some complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow..that is terrible.

When we were there our room was clean...top to bottom.
The bathroom was spotless, no mold. Believe me, I would have noticed, my DH and kids have terrible allergies.

I cannot believe the resort was that bad. How could our room have been that good while your was not?

Was it in a different section? We were in building 17.

While we did not eat there, I did notice the mess in the morning.
Lots of people trying to get their food and move on. It was a big traffic jam.

Lisajl

mbaker1277 Guess Disney knows how to cut off there nose to spite there face.

Either they don't care or some employee(s) weren't doing a heads up job.

A travel agent no less. Well there goes some bucks out the window for Disney!!

Moving to a deluxe won't necessarily help. I had a similar experience at Beach Club in December - moldy tub, stained walls, stained carpet and shabby bedspreads. And a smoking room when I asked for nonsmoker.

I received a postcard in the mail asking me to log onto a website and give a review of the resort. I did, and told them all my complaints. That's been two or three weeks and I haven't heard a word back from them.

Same with us -- I wish it was only one incidence. It was several compiling. With consistently TERRIBLE bus service being the top factor.
There was much more bad than there was good. I thought of nice things to say, but only not to sound like a witch who didn't like anything.

With the experience I had at the Beach Club, I'd be SCARED to stay at a moderate! I expected so much more from a deluxe resort. But I never would have thought I'd encounter a room in that condition even in a value resort at Disney. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks for all your feedback on POR...I am amazed that so many others found POR to be less than adequate. I am so sorry to say this is good enough reason for me to not return to that particular hotel. Once burnt..twice shy...so to speak. I believe there is something to looking at the more expensive resorts, like Polynesian or Grand Floridian. Also, thanks for sending me that address so I can register my complaints. :D

At one time you paid several times the price for a room at Disney (all classes) and got several times the service, compared to the hotels off property. I guess no more today.

What incentive does Disney have to improve if they know that you would go to one of their more expensive hotels to get better service, which may not happen.

The better route would be to complain to upper management and tell them you'll stay elsewhere until the service changes for the better!!

I wouldn't say the answer is to go more expensive.
We have stayed at CSR & POR.
We have also stayed at ASMo & ASMu (twice).
The best service all the way around, hands down from our experience, has been at the AS'.
Agree there is no comparison between AS' and the deluxes. But for the $ AS' can't be beat for staying on-site.
But DH and I are park people. We spend very little time in the room. And so far our room locations have been very good.
If money were no object, I didn't spend so much $$$$ on pins :rolleyes: , or we spent more time at the resort, or took shorter trips, I would happily step up to a deluxe.
But I would rather stay longer at AS' than stay for a shorter time at a deluxe.

We stayed at POR in November. We had a very nice clean room with no problems. I travel weekly for my job and find that Disney does it on par with the very expensive hotels. I sure have stayed in a lot of crummy hotels that cost more than Disney does.

I am realistic when I stay in hotels. I don't expect all the comforts of home. I don't expect the bed to feel like mine at home.

When we stayed at POR I couldn't hear any kind of noises in my room. We were in Bldg. 14 Alligator Bayou.

Our stay at CBR in January was great also. I wouldn't write off a whole resort because of one visit. If I had to stay in a Deluxe because I was afraid of the room we would get we wouldn't be able to go as often.

We stayed in the Magnolia Terrace section of POR 3 years ago and found it to be nice. I didn't notice anything smelling or disgusting. I did notice on the outside that some areas need to be updated (paint looking not real nice). We did have a pleasant stay, however.

We have stayed at CBR three times and have always enjoyed it as well. Always have had clean rooms and great things to say about that as well. They were redoing areas one time when we were there. Especially enjoyed the vacation where we stayed in Martinique.

My parents joined DVC last year so they take my family (me,my DH and two boys) and we get to stay in deluxe accomodations now. We have stayed at BWV, WLV, and OKW and can definitely say there is a difference between these resorts and the moderates. I can't exactly put my finger on it but there is just something extra with the deluxe, home-away-from -home resorts. Everything is just as clean and nice but everything just seems extra special. The cast members seems to care more (with the exception of this one guy we had at OKW) and try to serve your needs a little more than when we were at the moderates.

That being said, if I was going to have to pay for my stay I would definitely stay at the moderates because my budget will not allow deluxes. The moderates have always been good to us. I liked POR but I think CBR is my favorite of the moderates. I would like to try PO-French Quarter some day though.

Well, we've stayed at POR each year for the past 2 years, and we've had excellent service and rooms.

Our rooms have been very clean, without any problems. We've never had problems with noise; in fact, I thought the whole resort was one of the quietest that I have ever seen.

The mousekeeping service was superb! The room was always clean, and each day, each year, we had some "special" additions from mousekeeping: animals made from the towels, special "scenes" with our kids' stuffed animals, etc. Also, the grounds were spotless.

The food court can be a little hectic, especially at rush time, but that's the same in all the moderate resorts.

I, too, am sorry that some people have had such a bad experience. But, we have had such great experiences, that we plan to continue going back to POR....it's a great part of our vacation!

In my experience, I've found the housekeeping to vary in quality quite widely sometimes, even within the same resort. I've had rooms in the all-stars that were immaculate, and some rooms in deluxes where the housekeeping wasn't all that great. It just seems to vary by housekeeper, no matter what resort you're at. My worst housekeeping experience was actually at Coronado Springs, but I would be willing go back, and might have a completely different experience next time. I think the real problem is consistency- I wonder if Disney has ever instituted some kind of program to ensure consistent room cleanliness and upkeep, or if they have, if it might be improved somehow.

I think in my situation with the Beach Club, most of the problem was that the room needed to be renovated BADLY. But they shouldn't let it get to that point before renovating. Every guest should have a nice room, free of carpet stains, etc. If they have to close that room until things are fixed, that's what they should do.

I have to admit I am a little suprised at the negative reviews of POR. We stayed twice last year, in 2 seperate buildings and have had only glowing reviews. Our rooms were spotless and very quiet. On our 1st trip I thought we had the building to ourselves it was so quiet (3rd floor Acadian House) and on our 2nd trip (1st floor Oak Manor) I thought we didn't have neighbours until our 3rd day when we met them at the pool and found out they had been there for a week already! And they had 2 young boys. Our bus service was outstanding both times with never more than a 5 min wait (usually less). I guess it depends on what time of year (Oct, then Sept.) We avoided the food court early morning because we don't eat breakfast and never found it terribly busy at dinner. The CM's were always friendly and smiling. I can't imagine a nicer place.

Wow..people..people...people...

what ever happened to the friendliness attitude after "9-11"

There are so many things wrong with this world right now, and I read all this talk of negativity about POR.

I think a few of you are being a bit "picky".

We have stayed at POR every year since 'oo and twice last year.
the only problem we have encountered was a rude "clerk" at check in. we spoke to the manager about her and she gave us a free dinner voucher for Boatright's...NO LIMIT

No big deal.

I think alot of us need to get our priorities in line, and worry about things that matter. Such as the impending war with Iraq, the economy, the honest people out there who have lost or are going to loose their jobs, and all of us who have family members or friends who are sick.

Does it really matter that the rug is worn, there is mildew on the wall, a coil is sticking you in the back, your bed is not like the one at home ???

This is very dissappointing to read all this negativity.

We all need to get our priorities straight.

CBR - SEPT. 93 (HONEYMOON)
ASMu-AUG. 97
CSR - AUG. 98
PO - AUG. 99
DXL - AUG. 00
POR - AUG. 01
POR - AUG. 02
POR - THANKSGIVING 02

AND

POR - AUG. 03 AND THANKSGIVING 03
:bounce: :mad: :)

kinggoofy - for what we are paying to stay in Disney hotels - yes, those things matter!

No one is saying there aren't more important things, but when we pay a premium price, I think we should expect a certain level of cleanliness and comfort.

Perd...

read all of these reply's to this topic...come-on...

this is getting to "nit-picky."

most of us are paying anywhere from $85 to $165 per night for POR. (if you have the special codes or rates)...you get what you pay for...and for this price you "we are getting what we pay for "

OF COURSE, we can all stay in a deluxe and be broke for months to come paying upwards of $250 + per night. (basically just to sleep)

Its just my opinion on this topic....but this is being too Picky !

kinggoofy - I paid for a deluxe and got a room that had mold in the bathroom (and some people are very ALLERGIC to mold, by the way), stained carpeting, stained walls (disgusting) and old bedspreads. And was in a smoking room when I requested nonsmoking. For what I paid for that room I should have have something much better than I got. If I didn't care what kind of room I got I could have stayed ANYWHERE for much much MUCH less!

But whether you are in a deluxe, moderate or value resort, you SHOULD GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. At the very least, the room should be clean. Why would anyone want to pay Disney prices for a hotel room that is simply not acceptable at Disney prices or ANY price?

If it were free then you would have a point. But when we are paying the prices we are paying, it is reasonable to expect to get our money's worth. As I said before, if we didn't care what we were getting we would just stay at Days Inn or some other cheap place. I for one chose a Disney resort because I thought Disney would have higher standards and a better quality level than offsite. But at least in my case that was not true - so why pay the excessive rates to get a low quality room? And not everyone is only in their room to sleep. Lots of people like to relax in their rooms - and when the room is not a pleasant place to be, it's not very relaxing!

PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE...What most of you don't realize is that kinggoofy is trying to set a proper example for us all with their kindness for humanity. That is why they DIDN'T use that "free voucher for dinner" at Boatwrights, after they ratted out the rude clerk, who was probably disciplined! Hmmm...wait..maybe kinggoofy IS just like the rest of us. Wants what they pay for. Thanks goofy for showing us that "9-11" sentiment at work!;)

As far as the "free voucher for dinner" goes....YES we used it and YES we took full advantage of it.

How about a $78 dinner for just me and wife and that was not even with any "beverages" (if you know what I mean.)

Listen, maybe (and probably) I really did not realize what Perd and the rest of you had said about alergies, cleanliness, and so forth....

Of course I want the best for me and my wife (we have no children) when we do go to WDW. And yes they do charge way to much for almost everything.

I guess the point I was making was these problems seem so insignificant as to what is going on around EACH AND EVERY ONE OF US AMERICANS these days.

By no means was I trying to tell each of you who had a complaint to "let it go." It just seemed to me like a few of the complaints were very picky.

WE ALL are playing good money for our trips to WDW.
And we ALL should get the best. Sometimes the best does not happen and we get aggravated.

My glass is always "half full".

I am sorry if I "rubbed" some of you the wrong way. That was not my intention whatsoever.

But these complaints seem like nothing compared to everything else that is happening around us.

We should all be thankful that we can talk about taking trips to WDW and staying in the nicest resorts. Some others are less fortunate.

:bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter