Some complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonna

Earning My Ears
We just got back from our four night trip to PO-Riverside...although we have been here two other times, and always had high marks for the place, I was a bit disappointed this time with the condition of the room. The carpets were quite stained and the furniture is beginning to show some wear. Don't get me wrong...I would go again tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone knows of an online place to write to Disney about my experience. Thanks!

Hi - I am going to move this over to resorts where someone may have the answer for you

I've read a few posts lately that are making me wonder if we should switch plans to spend our 8 nights in POR - maybe Carribean Beach would be better? We were off site 9 years ago (our first trip) and have decided to shell out the $$$ and stay on site based on all we have read. We are arriving March 28 and leaving on April 5th. Any thoughts? Should we switch???? I want this to be a fun trip...

Double post - I posted this question separately and tried to delete this post --- sorry!

We spent four nights at POR in Dec. and we had a very nice room. The light in the bathroom was weak, but hey! this was our first time on site and it was wonderful.
The rooms were clean, and no wear or tear on our furniture.

Sorry you got a bad room.

Lisajl

CBR is our favorite moderate! We liked it much better than POR. We love the caribbean theming and the CMs who are very accomodating at CBR (more so than POR). We also had outstanding mousekeeping at CBR but awful mousekeeping at POR. They threw away my daughter's blankets and my earrings which I left in a glass on the counter (it was stupid of me not the lock them in the safe). You will love CBR!

We just spent 8 days at POR and had a great time. Yes, the rooms show a little wear but they are in relatively good shape. The resort itself is beautiful and there are many things to do. Boating, fishing, bike riding, horse drawn carridge, Old Man Island, etc. The food is good and plentiful and is nicely priced. Bob is in the lounge.

I think that you have to put POR in perspective, for $89-139 a night it's better than many hotels in that price range. Also, you're probably not in the room all that much. Put it this way, POR ain't the Waldorf Astoria but it does get the job done.

Roy

P.S. I hate the double sinks out in the room, though. Whoever thought up that idea should be forced to shave and floss in Macy's showcase windows.

Hey Roy!

Thanks for the lecture, but, um...I don't believe you answered my question! Donna:p

The rooms at CBR are the largest of the moderates. they are very colorful and recenty redone. There is also a privacy curtain in the dressing area. the food court was also just redone. I would switch , if you are worried.

Se pics and map at wdwig.com

Donna,
You should be able to email WDW guest services.
I'm trying to remember the address.......

But if you go to the Disney.com web site there is a link to "contact us" and then you can choose who to send it to.

Sorry, I had that email here somewhere and can't find it. Maybe someone else has it!!:)

Our POR May '02 stay was far from glowing. We wouldn't stay there again.
I wrote the head of POR and Lee Cockerell's office last summer.
A few months later I received a phone call from a gal in the executive office. I never heard from anyone from POR.
I wrote of the good, the bad and the ugly. And I didn't expect compensation. I just wanted them to know of certain situations, and that they should be (and could be easily) changed for future guests.
I was given some compensation, although it wasn't necessary. I just mainly hope it helped the guests after us.

We stayed at the POR for 6 nights during the first week in December, and had an awful experience. When we checked in it was in the evening, so we really didn't give the room a good looking over, just put our bags down and went to dinner. The next morning when I went to take a shower, I was disgusted by the condition of the bathtub. It was FILTHY, covered in dirt and stains. Also the bathroom wallpaper was covered with mildew stains, and the bedspreads were disgusting with an assortment of stains and dirt on the underneath. We also had 3 lights out in the room, one in the bathroom, one over the sinks, and one over the bed. I called housekeeping to clean the tub and replace the lightbulbs and they stated that they would do a deep housecleaning to rectify the situation. When we returned from the parks that day there was the smell of clorox in the air, as well as a new shower curtain liner, but the tub was still nasty. Needless to say we will never stay there again, and as a travel agent, I can't advise any of my clients to either. I hope this helps!

I had a similar experience at POR. Mildew stains in the bathroom, musty smell in the room. Never again, it's deluxe all the way for me! The difference is remarkable. You just have to go during value season & watch for codes. ;)

...it's deluxe all the way for me.
Sorry to say, but just upgrading to deluxe accomodations won't solve the occasional unfortunate situation. They happen there, too.

Additionally, all of you who "will never stay at POR again" because of one incident are only eliminating a choice without eliminating any percentage of the problem reoccurring. These incidents do occur at virtually all WDW hotels as is constantly reported here on the DIS...

I wouldn't have settled for a deep cleaning. I would ask for another room!!!

I think the message here is that you've got to insist on another room, immediately. WDW doesn't seem to respond well or quickly to problems with a room. On vacation, with limited time, it seems like you've got to cut to the chase and ask for a new room from the get-go, to get the problem behind you.

Which I think makes many of us uncomfortable; i.e., it makes us sound like demanding guests. But, the slow and inadequate response of WDW forces this kind of guest response.

Sorry to post that I was looking so forward to my trip to POR, and ended up leaving after the first night.

The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced. I could feel every coil digging into my back. Both beds were the same.

The walls are paper thin. Heard 6 toilets flush around me in one hour while I was listening to the infant in the next room scream, holler, coo, cry, babble until I couldn't take it any more. I called the front desk at 5:30 am. I said I had to change rooms. Had to wake my own dd-5 up when they came to move us one hour later. Moved to a different building at 6:30 am, only to have them start trimming the bushes in front of our new room at 7 am. The trimmingt went on until 10:30 am. I did not sleep a wink. I was very mad.

Since the next bed was equally as coilly, I asked for an egg crate or something to help with the digging into my back. The maintenance person brought two scraps of egg crate. They were disgustingly dirty, covered with stains, other peoples' hair, ripped--just disgusting. Maybe if I had not seen them, it would have been different. The maintenance person expected that I was going to strip the bed to put them on the bed. No way. I drew the line there.

Packed up again for the second time in 24 hours, and moved to the Boardwalk Inn. It was a good move, even though it cost me an arm and a leg more. Quiet, clean, comfortable, excellent bed.

I will not stay at a POR again.

It was not "one incident" that has made me decide not to stay at POR again. As I stated before, I am a travel agent and to be able to sell the Disney product I have to be familiar with all of the resorts. Unfortunately, before we arrived I received several emails with complaints similar to mine-filthy, musty, dirty rooms. I did request a move to another room, but it seems since travel agents receive a discount on accomodations, Disney is not too hot to trot about relocating or accomodating them.
We have stayed at almost every resort on the property, from the cheapest to the most expensive, and have NEVER had a problem like this...in fact we have never had a problem at all. We have absolutely enjoyed all of our stays EXCEPT the POR. I hope they renovate soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter