Some complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really matter that the rug is worn, there is mildew on the wall, a coil is sticking you in the back, your bed is not like the one at home ???
Yes.

Of course, the pending war in Irac is more important. But this is NOT a message board about the war in Irac, education, poverty, etc. It is a Disneyworld board, and some people have spent months saving and planning for a once-in-a-lifetime trip that IS extremely important. Stains on linens and bedspreads are gross and inexcusable.

Regardless of where you are staying you should always get what you are paying for. I am still battling for just a simple apology from Hampton Inn for our unacceptable stay in Champaign IL. The CS rep from the site promised me she would make sure I received an apology. Well, after several voice messages, etc, I never received one. Now when I emailed her for a last request - my emails are being rejected.

So has Hampton Inn lost a customer for life? Maybe, maybe not. But I am sure thinking seriously about ever staying there again.

They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee- all I wanted was a simple 'I'm sorry'.

Dirt...
Mold...
Mildew....
Totally unacceptable to me.

Jgate, did you write a letter to corporate? Try it, it may help. Address it to the top guy.

I think that dirt and mold are unacceptable. These problems are easily taken care of and indicate neglect to me. However, a bit of wear and tear doesn't bother me because these places do take a pounding. If I found dirt, I would complain and expect it to be taken care of immediately. If it was handled, I would forget about it. If it wasn't I would complain again and then later demand to be moved.

I guess that I can see the point on both sides. It depends on what the problem is.

I think we can all agree, esp. with the news nowadays, that we all are a lucky bunch of people to be debating the relative merits of resort hotels! However, Kingoofy, I have to agree with the "complainers"-a nice hotel room can make or break a vacation. We stayed at POR in April 2001 and it was great-room clean and comfortable, cool towel animals that thrilled my daughter, gorgeous landscaping and GOOD bus service!

I am wondering, has Disney gone bad since 9/11? :confused: I had to make the 2001 trip without my husband and have been fantasying about returning to POR with him ever since. Not so sure since reading these posts. A clean room and a comfortable bed is the LEAST you should expect from a hotel room-even a $50 one out on the highway.

Quick story-went to NYC with the family, reserved highly recommended budget hotel (Frommers) sight unseen-arrived, crusty velvet rope at check in, stained mattresses, urine smelling hallway-horrible, and we were committed for 4 nights. My kids never complained, but I spent 2 hours that first night finding another hotel, and the bad hotel was nice enough to let us go. Pull up to the second hotel, beautiful, sparkling art deco lobby, my daughter and I go ahead up to the room while husband and son park the car-open door to suite with two huge Sony TVs, refrigerator, marble bathroom, separate room for us and two DOUBLE beds for the kids. (This was only $70 more a night) My little daughter's shoulders go up and down with a big sigh-she says, "THIS is more like it!" We didn't spend a lot of time in the room, but when we returned to it, it was our oasis. I would certainly ask for another room if my room was as dirty as the ones described in these posts!

Originally posted by kinggoofy
Wow..people..people...people...

what ever happened to the friendliness attitude after "9-11"

There are so many things wrong with this world right now, and I read all this talk of negativity about POR.

I think a few of you are being a bit "picky".

Does it really matter that the rug is worn, there is mildew on the wall, a coil is sticking you in the back, your bed is not like the one at home ???

This is very dissappointing to read all this negativity.

We all need to get our priorities straight.

Amen!!!!! now I don;t think a dirty room, and a coil up my back is exceptable. But some of the nitpicking going on at the resorts these days are crazy. Do yall not have some stains on your carpets. I have drops a few thinks on my family room carpet and haven;t been able to get all of the stain out. And wake up you are in florida there is going to be mildew...though they should take care of it much as possible. But people requesting exact room numbers and corner rooms...now come on.

I am also amazed at the level of negativity about Disney resorts in general. It seems that people have the expectation of staying in a completely pristine room. But that is impossible, unless you book a room that has just been remodeled and you are the first lucky person to stay there.

I travel on business a lot and I've found that if you look hard enough, you can find something wrong or something to complain about in practically any hotel. There will always be stains somewhere. There will always be some dings in the furniture; a chip in the wall; a tear in the wallpaper.

I've been to WDW many times and never once encountered the problems that seem to plague so many people. But then again maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. :rolleyes:

I have stayed in several hotels/houses in Florida and Beach Club is the ONLY one where I have have mold/mildew! I've stayed at Seaside, Seagrove, Fort Lauderdale and three other times in Orlanda. Didn't have mold/mildew in the Bahamas either!

About stains on the carpet - huge stains. I don't think that is being nitpicky. For what people pay for those rooms at the Beach Club, they can afford to clean the carpets and if it can't be cleaned, replace them. When I pay between $200 and $300 a night for a room, I think I have the right to expect a certain level of cleanliness. These are not things I had to look hard for - they were readily visible.

I travel on business a lot and I've found that if you look hard enough, you can find something wrong or something to complain about in practically any hotel.
I can't agree on that. I just spent only $55 a night at ASMu and would be hard pressed to find anything to complain about. (As with my other two AS stays.)
Agree with perd, for what they pay for, they should get pristine. If you charge guests a lot, they are going to expect a lot. Pure and simple.

Originally posted by perd
When I pay between $200 and $300 a night for a room, I think I have the right to expect a certain level of cleanliness. These are not things I had to look hard for - they were readily visible.
I wouldn't argue with that. What amazes me though it the expectation of a hotel room being in such immaculate condition as to be better than brand new.

The problem is people will spill things, bang the furniture, have accidents. Try as hard as they can, housekeeping cannot maintain every single room in a pristine, brand new condition.

I'd like to see a show of hands of people whose homes, furniture, bedding, etc. is always brand new. If that's the case, then they either do not live in that home or they have plenty of money to spend to replace furinishings, bedding, carpeting/flooring at the first sign of a stain or use.

For me, I am satisfied with a clean, comfortable room at WDW. If I see a mark, ding, stain -- I chalk it up to normal wear and tear. I suppose I am lucky as I've never seen hair, mildew, dirt, etc. all over the bed, table, sink, tub, shower, walls, etc. Maybe I need to clean my magnifying glass better! ;)

Hi folks,

I admit there seems to be a lot of Resort bashing going on lately here.

But, people do have a right to voice thier opinion and to relay thier experiences on this board.

Lets just remember to be kind to each other with the words we post here.

I can read posts where folks complain and decide for myself if that is a problem that would bother me, but I do not have to respond and tell them they are wrong. We each have our own level of expectation - some are realistic - some are not - but that is for each poster to determine for themself.

Remember - the original poster asked where to contact.......
That question has been answered and if this thread continues to be a debate about what people can post it will be closed.

A dirty or very worn room is a big disappointment because we put so much of ourselves into the vacation itself. We save & plan for months and we try to make the whole disney experience magical for our families. I haven't had a poor experience in 6 visits of onsite stays but would certainly be upset if my bath area were dirty. For me WDW's appeal is it's beauty, it is like a perfect world, clean, pretty, warmth, flowers, attention to details, in it's resorts as well as it's parks, that why I am returning there this March for a 7th visit . Perfection, magic, high standards or what ever you want to call it is what WDW has always boasted & sold to the public & they should deliver it as near as possible.

We stayed at WL for 9 days in Aug. I cant tell you how dissapointed we were. We were so excited when we walked into the resort. We were waited on by the snottiest lady ever. The people around here were all so nice. We were given a room overlooking the service area, which I had requested not to be. When we walked into our room it smelled, the floor looked like it hadnt been vac for a long time. The walls were in terrible shape dirty and marked up. Our sliding door leading out to our balcony was broken and wouldnt close and there were cobwebs all over.
The bathroom floor was dirty. My husband returned to the front desk and was told they could move us to a double bed room. My husband is just under 6'7" and my son is 6'3" a reg sized bed was not an option. I went to wal-mart and bout cleaning supplies and a plug in room freshener and we stayed in the room.
That is the first thing out of my familys mouth when they talk about our trip. We love disney and are planning to go back but my dilema is where to stay????
We paid over $1200.00 for that stay and a clean room and clean sheets should not be to much to expect..

Carpets need to be "steam cleaned" on a regular basis, but still no carpet is clean enough to lie down on.

Bathtubs and sinks should be scrubbed well so that there are no obvious residues let along ring around the...

Mold and mildew needs to be killed with Clorox or whatever. A thin line of mildew caught in the crack or seam at the perimeter of the shower curtain probably can be excused.

Many times stains won't come out of bedspreads. If you find a stain and wet it and more comes off on your fingers or a paper towel, that is unacceptable.

While absolute perfection on this one is very difficult, there should be a concerted effort to remove as much hair as possible.

Dirty hotel rooms are a good reason not to make advance deposits with small businesses. Disney is large enough and usually accommodating enough to give refunds graciously.

More cleaning tips:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/clean.htm

9/65 Disneyland
3/75 Doubletree Club
4/85 Kon-Tiki* on 192
'80s Disneyland once or twice
7/94 POR
9/97 ASMu
11/98 ASMu & AP#1
12/98 Knights Inn on 192
9/99 ASMo
12/00 ASSp & AP#2
9/01 ASSp
11/01 ASSp
1/03 Motel 6 & ASSp & AP#3
11/03 Pop Century planned
*no longer exists

As I stated in my earlier post. I am a travel agent so I stay in alot of different hotels for business purposes. The reason Disney and other hoteliers give us a discounted rate is to view their property and reccommend it to our clients. My husband and I have visited Disney over 30 times in the past 10 years, mostly paying full price. We have stayed at some nice, clean $30 a night hotels, and some nasty $200 a night hotels. I only wanted to share my experience at the POR because it was really horrible. I don't believe it is being nitpicky to expect a bathtub to be clean enough that you can actually bathe in it. I think it is fair to expect a little wear and tear in the room, but with 4 light fixtures out, a filthy bathtub, and disgusting bedspreads upon check-in to our rooms, you have to wonder who is cleaning them? After housekeeping did a thorough cleansing the lights were fixed and they supplied a new shower curtain and the room smelled of clorox, but the tub was still dirty as were the bedspreads. We have NEVER encountered this problem before, at any Disney or other property. It shouldn't matter how much you pay for a room, it should be clean. It is of great importance if your family has saved and this is a once in a lifetime vacation, as it is for many families. The room condition can almost ruin your vacation.

But it isn't fair to your clients to not mention the resort. What happened to you hasn't happened to everyone. You could mention in passing that you didn't have a great experience but others have.

safetymom, I think she DID mention the resort - POR. Or am I missing something?

I still do give the POR the benefit of the doubt, and I know they are still in the phases of renovation, but not on soft goods I believe. I would reccomend the other moderates before POR, because we have had wonderful stays at them. I would never push my personal preference on a client, but if they ask I will answer them truthfully. Before my visit, I was wary of POR because of the negative revues , and I actually received several negative emails about the cleanliness. Regardless of this we decided to give it a chance. We loved the grounds, especially around the plantation areas, and the boatride to Downtown Disney. The Christmas decorations were gorgeous, as were all of the common areas of this resort. If it weren't for the dirty room, I would wholeheartedly reccomend this resort.

Say good bye - this thread is over - the OP got the answer along time ago about where to send complaints!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter