Solo Birthday Trip

Have a great time and enjoy your Birthday at your favorite place. I would totally do a solo trip, just picture stopping and getting a dole whip (or whatever your favorite treat is) and sitting down and just enjoy yourself!! My last trip my friend traveling with me was sick one day so I spent the morning alone in the park. I went on a few rides got a coffee and walked around and just took it all in.

Jump on here and everyone will love to hear about your planning!!!
And met me! On my solo trip!

My concerns, where to start lol
I booked the Disneyland resort express to get from lax to my hotel and back, before I read the reviews, now I’m concerned about the dependability of it to get me back to the airport on time.
I would like to do character meets, but I’ve read about incidents where parents felt adults shouldn’t be taking up the characters time when there are children waiting.
I love taking pictures of my vacations and don’t know about having to ask strangers if they’d take a picture for me, like in front of the castle ect.
This one’s silly but I sunburn bad and I don’t know how I’m going to put sunscreen on my back lol.
That’s my main concerns, the rest is more indecision than anything.
I can’t decide if max pass will be worth it when I’m by myself and can use single rider lines and also get more done faster. On top of the fee for that I’d have to get a travel plan on my phone since I’m coming from Canada.
And I’m not sure if I should book the hungry bear diner to get the ticket for fantasmic or if the regular fast pass will be good enough.
That’s most of it right now.
I went for my first solo trip in January and had such a wonderful time. I met so many more people than I do when I travel with my family. I even got invited to go for a drink with a lady from the Pandora store in New Orleans square. And I connected with tlcdoula for my favourite Matterhorn ride ever!

I used my MaxPass quite a bit, but really made use of the single rider, mostly at Radiator Springs Racers. As much as I didn't want to like it, MaxPass really was nice, particularly so that I put fewer miles on my feet and could take my time more within the parks. The photopass is an extra bonus, especially when you're on your own, but people also have no problem taking pics for you. I will usually wait until I see someone taking a photo of someone else, offer to take it for them and then swap.

Being alone, I finally figured it was affordable to take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. It's a great opportunity to check out more spendy options. This would be a good time to try the dining package!

I found ROAM mobility (I'm also from Canada) to be a really good deal for my cell phone. After I bought the SIM card at Staples, it was $4.95 a day and they give you all the data upfront. Worked great.

As far as all the negative Nellies, many people are surprised that I travel alone, period, never mind to Disneyland. It says more about them than you. As long as you are confident in your choice, your response will shut them down.

Go. Don't look back. Have a fabulous time! :yo-yo: :dogdance: :flower1:

Last edited:
Envious! You'll have a blast. There is so much to do. Visit the Tangaroa Terrace at DLH at twilight for some good vibes. Don't let the naysayers bring you down. Please give a post trip report. Have fun. Enjoy! There is no better place to be.

So excited to read this! I've just made the decision to make a solo trip next year too, my first ever. I've only been to DL three times in my life, once as an adult, but I'm still hopelessly in love. The last time I went with my then-boyfriend, and now I've been single for the past couple years. It's hard to plan a trip like Disneyland (the way I want to do it, which is highly specific!) with other people, especially friends or extended family!

Finally I realized, why NOT just go when I want to, how I want to? You only live once! I hope you really enjoy your trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter