Social Distance Queue inquiries

Cast85

Earning My Ears
I tried searching for this online, but I could only find references from July when Walt Disney World parks reopened. I’m curious if attractions, such as Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Haunted Mansion are still skipping pre-shows (ie. Perfect Picnic, Stretching Chamber). We’re visiting next week, first time since March for me, first time in 11 years for another.

We were there last month. Having no preshows is a little odd, but there is an upside with going through the regular queue (due to no FP). We saw and were able to appreciate some of the details in Flight of Passage and Peter Pan that we usually skip by using fastpasses.

I tried searching for this online, but I could only find references from July when Walt Disney World parks reopened. I’m curious if attractions, such as Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway and Haunted Mansion are still skipping pre-shows (ie. Perfect Picnic, Stretching Chamber). We’re visiting next week, first time since March for me, first time in 11 years for another.

Many are skipping pre-shows like the ones you mentioned. Some like FoP still have some pre-shows (cut from 2 to 1) and RotR has all pre-shows. So it varies some but in general not many pre-shows. ToT is another with no pre-show which is a lot different.

I think FOP and Rise are the only attractions I’ve experienced with a post covid preshow however we noticed distance markings on the floor in the preshow room of MMRR a few weeks ago

Yes, you just walk through the pre-show area as part of the queue on those two rides. It's a bit of a bummer. Smugglers Run is another you walk through the pre-show.

The preshow video for Dinosaur is playing but guests continually move so you won't see or hear much.
We were lucky enough to hear the end when we were there a few weeks ago.
"we're in", LOL

We were there last month. Having no preshows is a little odd, but there is an upside with going through the regular queue (due to no FP). We saw and were able to appreciate some of the details in Flight of Passage and Peter Pan that we usually skip by using fastpasses.
YES, some of those beautiful details are missed with FP.
I loved seeing the artifacts again in the ExpeditionEverest line.

We just got back form our vacation on Saturday and there are still no pre-shows. I don't see Disney bringing these back for a long time. Social distancing is the new normal

One of the pre-show areas I missed was Test Track where you bypass the build you on car area.. well, you don't bypass it.. they are using the room for social distancing so you can't actuallly design your car. That was always a fun part of TT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter