Soarin’ Over California Returning to Epcot Until Feb 27, 2024!

When I road it in Dec it was wonderful nostalgia, sorta wish they’d updated it with crisper images but it’s probably for the best they didn’t. Decided I would ride the CA version, even this kinda blurry one, any day over the disaster that is Soarin Over The World: historic icons doing yoga impressions
It’s been stated before, but the distortion is an unavoidable consequence of having a concave screen.
For sure. Doesn’t make it look any less cringeworthy though
I really think the only people who notice it are ones who want to notice it because they know its' there and can't not see it where as other people don't care or bother to notice it or they have seen films on similar screens in other places and it doesn't bother them, in the same way or at all.
I never noticed it when Soarin’ Over California. I always noticed it when Soarin’ Across the World because we were never fortunate enough to be seated in B. The curvature of the Eiffel Tower was simply too prominent to miss.
Anyone that "didn't notice" is sitting dead center. lol
I'm glad to get CA in 2 weeks.!!

It was wonderful to see Soarin' Over California last week! I recognize that the transitions are better in "World" but I prefer "California" because of the scents and the fact that it is mostly real filmed footage - not just CGI. I like "World", but find the distortion very distracting. I wish they would run both! I'd ride both each trip - though I'd ride "California" multiple times!

It was nice to see California again!

Years ago, we had a magical moment on Soarin’! A cm took us past everyone straight onto the ride. Rode it with us. And once we landed gave my son a golf ball that he “caught” on the ride. It just really made it special.

Riding it again after all this time was very nostalgic.

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but any ideas when this is staying until? I’m going February 8th-17th and want to do the California version as I much prefer it.

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned but any ideas when this is staying until? I’m going February 8th-17th and want to do the California version as I much prefer it.

The best guess answer is not until ALL construction in EPCOT is complete so they can shoot updated footage for the finale with everything open.

The best guess answer is not until ALL construction in EPCOT is complete so they can shoot updated footage for the finale with everything open.
So are you saying that you don't think they are going back to the one around the world? That's an interesting claim but I don't think that's the case honestly. They could easily switch back to Soarin Around the World at any time.

You know, I thought I was going to love the new Soarin'- all those exciting places around the world- but it just feels like something's missing. Not sure what or why, but we much prefer Soarin' over California. Also, the last time we rode Soarin', something was drastically wrong with the screen angle; the tops of things (trees, Eiffel Tower) weren't aligned with the bottoms! VERY annoying, and it triggered my motion sickness!
I prefer the original one as well. It is smooth and quite relaxing. The new one makes me feel like I am going to fall several times and I do not enjoy that. :(

Please update to say this is only your idea or, provide a supportive link. An honest question was asked for guests coming to Epcot and they're looking for helpful information.
So are you saying that you don't think they are going back to the one around the world? That's an interesting claim but I don't think that's the case honestly. They could easily switch back to Soarin Around the World at any time.
No, this is not correct or, if so a supportive link will be provided.

There is no posted date as to when Soarin' Around the World will be returning. Unfortunately that's all we know at this time.

Yea I haven’t ever heard any rumor that they are going to film a new version. I assume they’ll just go back to “world” after a while.
Would be nice to get rid of the Eiffel Tower, but nothing I’ve heard.

So we got to do California twice now (once in October, once a week ago), and I was hoping the first time was a fluke and the scents just didn’t work or that I had overhyped it up in my head the first time and I really wanted to love it but it was just very underwhelming. I think @AnnaKristoff2013 is right that a huge part of the attraction has to be nostalgia. It’s fine, I don’t mind it but World just feels more magical and interesting and Epcot to me, leaning tower of Eiffel and all. And again, I didn’t smell anything either time, maybe a hint or orange, what other scents were there supposed to be? Idk maybe it was just bad luck. I will say it feels a bit more like “soaring” in the sense that it made me feel a bit dizzier than World, which I actually don’t mind it was a fun feeling. Soarin is usually a non-negotiable must-do for us but this version I could definitely skip.

I agree with the few people who said it would be fun for them to do a few versions of this and switch them out every once in a while!

So we got to do California twice now (once in October, once a week ago), and I was hoping the first time was a fluke and the scents just didn’t work or that I had overhyped it up in my head the first time and I really wanted to love it but it was just very underwhelming. I think @AnnaKristoff2013 is right that a huge part of the attraction has to be nostalgia. It’s fine, I don’t mind it but World just feels more magical and interesting and Epcot to me, leaning tower of Eiffel and all. And again, I didn’t smell anything either time, maybe a hint or orange, what other scents were there supposed to be? Idk maybe it was just bad luck. I will say it feels a bit more like “soaring” in the sense that it made me feel a bit dizzier than World, which I actually don’t mind it was a fun feeling. Soarin is usually a non-negotiable must-do for us but this version I could definitely skip.

I agree with the few people who said it would be fun for them to do a few versions of this and switch them out every once in a while!

That's interesting--I didn't smell the oranges, but I did smell the pine forests!

I read the speculation is that they should reshoot the final scene since that area of Epcot is different now. I’d like to see them do that if only because then they could make the fireworks go off over the lagoon instead of the parking lot.
Very cool, I hadn’t heard that, but it does make sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter