Soarin’ Over California Returning to Epcot Until Feb 27, 2024!

I noticed several posters here commenting that they like the transitions of World better than California. I find that really odd. I think the World version is the poster child for abrupt, jarring transitions.
The World transitions are still better than California’s. Most of the California ones just cut from scene to scene. People complained about that so World uses dust or water or such during transitions.

I noticed several posters here commenting that they like the transitions of World better than California. I find that really odd. I think the World version is the poster child for abrupt, jarring transitions.
I could not agree more. I personally do not care for it. I have to close my eyes several times.

The World transitions are still better than California’s. Most of the California ones just cut from scene to scene. People complained about that so World uses dust or water or such during transitions.
Which is exactly why I don’t like the transitions in World- I prefer a straight cut to that kind of thing. World in general is just too much CGI for me- is anything real footage? It all looks so fake. California I can’t identify anything that is clearly CGI aside from maybe the golf ball (which looks real), obviously Tink, and probably the fireworks.

I used to complain about the lack of transitions on Soarin over California. Then wasn’t too thrilled with World transitions, but appreciated the effort.

Saw California again on Monday and have to say that not only did it live up to all the nostalgia in my head, I realized that I actually prefer the clean cuts to the forced transitions on World.

I can see how someone who never saw California will not necessarily understand the love for it. It’s much more mellow. But just hearing the original score was sooo wonderful.

I can see how someone who never saw California will not necessarily understand the love for it. It’s much more mellow. But just hearing the original score was sooo wonderful.
While I must have seen California sometime in the past, I don't remember it at all. Hope it is still there in May when I go. I have no problems at all with the transitions in World.

Take this for what it’s worth - when I was scheduling DAS for March 2, I was unable to book Soarin’ - the CM said it’s unavailable that week because that’s when the changeover will happen. Who knows if that is accurate!
I'll be there later this month and towards the beginning of March, so I'll check it out. Hopefully they start doing Soarin' over California for a period of time every year.

Take this for what it’s worth - when I was scheduling DAS for March 2, I was unable to book Soarin’ - the CM said it’s unavailable that week because that’s when the changeover will happen. Who knows if that is accurate!
I will be so happy if it goes back to the world before I come at the end of March (or even at the end of May when I'm back again).

That is interesting. I was able to book Soaring das for 3/6. The icon on the future plans shows it as soaring over California.

I know it seems to be mixed, but we are happy it will be back to world when we are there in March.

So I’m curious, I have a das advance in March that specifically says soarin over California…..if that is now no longer available in March, what happens to the advance reservation??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter