So what if you could add $300-600 to your trip budget?

Jen D

DIS Veteran
Don't worry, this isn't a political topic, we don't need to talk about how we feel about the tax cut, this is just a fun hypothetical. Late this summer refunds of $300 to single filers and $600 to joint filers are coming in the mail. Will you add it to your WDW trip budget? Or save, pay down debts, or something responsible....

I will probably save it like a good girl, as my budget is set, but my first impulse was: upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe! Contemporary, here I come! That is how I would blow it if I were going to blow it. Anyone else? Expensive meals? Rental car? Spa treatments? More souviniers?

I called this a.m. and added one night after our 7 day cruise at the new AKL. FIgured I should have $600 to spend by this NOV and I can't imagine going all the way to Orlando and not just going to WDW for one night!

The article I saw said that the checks would be UP TO $300 for single and UP TO $600. It said it depends on your income and the number of people who receive checks. So I'm not making plans for the $600 until I have the check in hand.:pinkbounc

Guess I missed this! What are you guys talking about, and when did this happen?

Hehehe... It all started during last elections. Bush's tax cut plan.

Anyhow, I am definitely using mine on my trip. That is what they had in mind: give you money back to make you spend it and boost the economy. OK, no sweat, George, I'll help alright. My oldest son is going to Space Camp, the little one and I are hitting the parks by ourselves.

I thought it goes as follows: $300 for everyone, but $600 for married couples, $500 for single parents.

I believed it is a fixed amount.

Wanda

YEE-HAW......guess I need to spend a little less time on this board and more time watching the news!!!!!

Does this now mean that I am obligated to become a Republican???

:earseek:

The only way you shouldn't get the rebate is if you made less that $12,000 in taxable income. Here's a section explaining it:

A new 10% tax rate, applied to the first $6,000 to $12,000 earned by all taxpayers, goes into effect retroactively to the beginning of the year. Maximum benefit: $300 for singles, $600 for married couples and $500 for single parents.

This means that part of your money now gets taxed at a lower rate. It's retroactive which means that since the government has already taxed it at a higher rate, they'll refund you the diference. The Treasury should send the checks out by Oct. 1 although you may get it later if you filed for an extension.

Ok i have a ? about this filing status thing. So suppose you are married, but DH files as head of household? what classification does that fall under?

This is the very first time I have heard of this. I never pay attention to anything poitical.

So if this is true ..... it will go right into my savings account, which will eventually go to a Disney trip anyway.

I bought a new car last month. I was about 90% sure that I could afford the car, and still do my SOLO trip, this Dec. The rebate makes me less nervous about that.

This is the first that I've heard of this too. Guess I need to spend less time on the DIS and more time watchin the news as well. Anyone have a link to this? I'd love to learn more about it. If it's true, it's going directly to our disney fund!!! It means more character meals and more souveniers!!! YAH!!!! :jester:

Our money is going straight towards the purchase of our 4 AP's... which is a little under half the amount needed!!!

I see "seed" money for a future WDW trip!! My son and I are going this July for week and the whole family (DH and us) are going on a DCL cruise and 12 day WDW stay Christmas/New Years. I'm thinking this "mom and me" summer trip could become an annual event. If so, I could see $600 paying for airfare and food next June. Our PAPs would be good through mid July, so no ticket expense and we are DVC owners, so lodging would be taken care of. I knew I voted for the right guy!!

Hum... :rolleyes: ::cough, cough :: :rolleyes:

You mean I have to turn republican too? :eek:

:jester: :jester: :crazy: :crazy:

Guys, it is still months before we get the bucks in our hands. Spend them after you get them!

Wanda

Wont believe it until I see it in my hot little hands....

$300- $600 would be nice, Discovery Cove would be great as well....

But the practical side of me, says put it in the kids college fund.

Since I already have my trip planned for August and we are staying at a Deluxe, I will be responsible and save my refund. We are also purchasing a house this summer so the money will be put towards things we need to buy for the house. It's not too often that you get a nice surprise from the Gov't. :bounce: :p :bounce:

I agree with Humpbacks1962, don't spend it until you get it.

Do you think they will send out checks only, or use direct deposit if that is how our refund was set up? That would be great if they did.

The article from LA Times was very informative.

Thanks GrumpyOne for the link to the news article.
We are having a hard time saving money for our trip and the $600 sure would help. But I'm not making plans for it until I see it with my own eyes. Better safe then sorry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter