So, What Happens If You Drink Sour Milk?

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I just drank about 4 oz. of sour milk. My DS drank about 6 oz. of it. This was before I realized it was bad. It tasted a bit off, but I didn't make the connection right away. I checked the date and it was 5/25, but it was still sour. So should I expect throwing up to occur? Upset stomach?

Thanks for the warning...

Probably nothing will happen at all. Sour milk is drinkable, just like buttermilk, and the two are often substituted for one another in recipes.

You'll be okay. Just don't eat any pineapple or acid foods that might, uh, interfere with your already consumed contents.

Nothing! I accidentally had some bad milk Saturday with no ill effects. I was scarfing down a bowl of Kashi, and I always put cinnamon in it, so it masked the funny taste pretty well. I was about halfway through before I noticed that something wasn't right. The milk was 4 days out of date. I smelled it, and it wasn't actually sour, but it was definitely off. Oh well. I'm still alive. Hope your DS is OK!

Nothing.

Oddly enough one of my favorite childhood memories involves sour milk. I was around 6 years old and was suppose to be in the potato field playing, but I got hungry. So I decided to sneak back to my grandparents house (they were all in the fields working) for something to eat. My dear sweet great-grandfather must have seen me. So he followed me back to the house. I was far enough a head of him to have got the bowl, graham crackers, and milk all out. I had just taken the first bite, when I realized something wasn't right. That was when I got busted by Granddad. He had a Jimmy Stewart mannerism about him. He said now what do we have here? I busted out crying that something wasn't right. He figured it out right quick. Wiped my tears, found the fresh milk and made me a whole new bowl. By that time, it was figured out that I was missing. When my grandmother came in he said Well Erma (my DGM, his DDIL), we both got a little hungry and needed something to fill us up. He never told on me for wondering off, but made me promise I would never do it again.

Nothing. If it was sour enough to make you sick, you'd have a) been repulsed by the taste or at least noticed a significant different and b) been ill fairly promptly.

If you (or your son) don't have a particularly sensitive stomach, nothing will happen..

My colleagues and I have been drinking sour milk for the past two weeks since our fridge is broken. Our need for coffee is that strong! No adverse effects yet. Actually, come to think of it, I think my arms might be hairier....... :confused:

Ok, I just walked in the door after a two day flight from East Coast to West... accidentally picked up the wrong cup and drank a big sip of soured milk in the 9 day old cup of coffee that was sitting on my kitchen counter. What now?

I don't know bout that, but if u swallow watermelon seeds, you will grow a watermelon in your belly. (A zombie watermelon)

I don't know bout that, but if u swallow watermelon seeds, you will grow a watermelon in your belly. (A zombie watermelon)
I was seeing all the grocery ads with seedless watermelons today and I thought to myself, where will the next generation of watermelons come from?

OK, zombie thread, but.....

I do remember when I used to take my coffee with half and half. I didn't use so much that I would completely use a half quart before it went sour. And boy did it go sour. It would typically start separating too.

Still - sour milk could conceivably have food poison.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter