"So. Many. Selfies." A Mother-Daughter Trip! April 2014 UPDATED 1/4

CHAPTER 14 – There’s a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow….

April 3, 2014

While we were doing our pirate adventure, Mom and I were texting my dad and he reminded us that we hadn’t done Carousel of Progress (his favorite ride) yet, so we made our way across the Hub.

121svud.jpg

(Stephanie Tanner voice- “How rude!”)

They were painting the castle while we were there!

nm0qpt.jpg

4ghnnk.jpg

“Always let your conscience be your guide…”

After the little stop, we continued on to Tomorrowland!

2i7wilx.jpg

Tomorrowland used to be my least favorite land, but now it’s growing on me!

There was no wait for Carousel of Progress – in fact, they were just walking in as we came up. That was a nice little surprise!

n2d3zo.jpg

2u5evdk.jpg

I have to admit, I do love this attraction! It has so many great lines. (In fact, my mom and I were quoting the ride yesterday as we walked through Walmart! “Papa! All these people! I'm... I'm indecent!”)

When our journey through the times ended, we headed over to… the TTA Peoplemover! Another ride I’ve grown fond of. (and will be closed when we’re there next week…. grr! :furious:) It’s just such a great way to relax, feel the breeze in your hair, and get a great view of Tomorrowland.

While we were going through the inside of Space Mountain, we were excited to see that the lights were on! I had just enough time to snap a quick shot as we whizzed by.

2vng8b9.jpg

I also love seeing Walt’s model of Epcot. Everything is so tiny!

24eu7mc.jpg

From there, we went to Main Street and took a trip through the Emporium, but we didn’t buy anything.

2bz4t1.jpg

Across the street, we noticed that a little boy was having his portrait cut out and he looked absolutely terrified to move. He was sitting straight up like a statue, and the only things moving were his eyes. The CM looked like she was trying really hard not to laugh, but we didn’t hold our giggles in very well. :rotfl:

k34okk.jpg

Speaking of giggles – next, we journeyed over to Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, but as we came to the entrance to Storybook Circus we noticed that the Storybook Circus Giggle Gang was performing. :clown:

oqwsk0.jpg

We were just catching the end of their show, but from what I saw, it really wasn’t my favorite “street show” show in WDW. When they were done, we went on to AUA and hopped in the FP+ line. The queue for this ride is so incredibly gorgeous!

15nwphd.jpg

315foud.jpg

“Under da sea…”

2jakpwo.jpg

14y03fl.jpg

“BODY LANGUAGE”

f1xe0w.jpg

“Now… sing!”

After that, we decided to check out the wait time for lunch at Be Our Guest. But first, we had to stop and see my man! :lovestruc

214tnb4.jpg

Continued in Next Post

CHAPTER 15 – It’s a FESTIVAL OF FANTASYYY!

April 3, 2014

As we made our way over to Be Our Guest, we noticed that they were working on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train!

nexouq.jpg

The wait time for BOG was an hour, and at that time it was 1:30. We really wanted to be able to see Festival of Fantasy at 3:00, so we decided to skip BOG for this trip and find somewhere else to eat.

The Tremaine family was greeting by the entrance to New Fantasyland, and I got a few pictures of them! They’re so funny.

245d9xu.jpg

We ended up eating at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. Mom got the Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss Waffle Sandwich and I got the Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich. It took a really long time to get through the line, and then when we did get our food we had to sit in the sun to eat until someone left a table in the shade. Neither of us thought the food was very good, so we probably wouldn’t go back anytime soon.

28lf5zc.jpg

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich

2i07lt3.jpg

Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss Waffle Sandwich

Once we finished eating, we headed out to find a spot for Festival of Fantasy. We didn’t have to go very far – we ended up across from the Christmas shop in Liberty Square. Pretty soon, some college kids came up behind us, and they were quite annoying. It sounded like some of them were CMs. One girl kept saying “I’m just so excited to see this parade you guys. So excited.” (I swear, she said it a million times!)

The Grand Marshall came by at around 2:55, led by a little band.

20i88wo.jpg

And then about 15 minutes later, the parade started!!

2h87j10.jpg

First up was the Belle/Beast, Naveen/Tiana, and Anna/Elsa float, which I thought was gorgeous. I loved Cinderella’s dress rotating in the middle (but no Cinderella?) and all of the flowers, but I didn’t really like Anna and Elsa on that float. To me, it just felt like they didn’t fit in. Hopefully they will eventually get their own float, and then Snow/Prince or Cindy/Charming or Jasmine/Aladdin could take their place.

ff3jn5.jpg

2vdh2r6.jpg

Naveen closed his eyes :(

29y155w.jpg

Next came the Tangled float, which I absolutely LOVED! The costumes were amazing, and the giant Ulf was just so darn cute! Rapunzel was perfect, and Flynn (Eugene) looked pretty smolder-y.

swesew.jpg

2nvtt83.jpg

23magrm.jpg

Ariel was next, and the dancers’ costumes that were in front of the float were amazing too. So colorful! There were a few people behind her float with these huge stained-glass seahorses that spun around, which was beautiful. Ariel looked so adorable with her little dinglehopper in one hand!

4l50ra.jpg

sg1pnt.jpg

Then the Lost Boys came into view. I loved how interactive they were while keeping with the dance, and when they all saluted to Pan I just about died. Their costumes were amazing too! (FoF just wins with costumes) Behind them was the PP float, which had some weird character placement. I mean, you have to crane your head to see Peter and Wendy, but then Hook, the villain, is swinging right in front of you. The float itself is gorgeous though, with the spooky skull in the front, the giant boat on a giant sparkly rainbow, and then a little pixie spot in the back for Tinker Bell with TikTok following along.

2805r29.jpg

2wd4hzn.jpg

When one of the college kids behind us saw Wendy, he started screaming, "WENDYBIRD! WENDYBIRD!" :rotfl2:

2usbv3b.jpg

f24ya9.jpg

Next up were some Scottish lads and lasses, who had some pretty cool dance moves, and the proud Merida on her giant bagpipe and crown. She looked like she was straight out of the movie!

10z5pic.jpg

2cqh79s.jpg

Behind her float, the 3 fairies (Flora, Fauna, and Merriweather) came a-floating, and loved that they were face characters because they weren’t in Spectromagic. They had really great facial expressions! Right behind them were the thorns and crows, which were so intimidating but so amazingly cool! Once again, AMAZING costumes! Right in the middle of all that scariness was the valiant Prince Phillip. (but Aurora was nowhere to be seen??!) And then came Maleficent! Now that is one amazing piece of machinery! I loved the steampunk vibe to it, especially the wheels in her stomach. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to see her breathe fire, but it was still pretty cool.

2zdu9oh.jpg

98y1k2.jpg

So fierce.

2vkxkhu.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Love this! I would love to go on a disney trip with just my mom! That would be so fun :)

You watch Full House too?! Stephanie Tanner is the role model of my life!!! When I get the Disney blues I always watch the Full House Disney World episodes!!!!
I can't wait for you to read about our Tomorrowland experiences! We believe that they were pumping something into the air because we were having SO much fun! :rotfl2:

Love this! I would love to go on a disney trip with just my mom! That would be so fun :)

Thank you! It is really a lot of fun to just go with my mom!

You watch Full House too?! Stephanie Tanner is the role model of my life!!! When I get the Disney blues I always watch the Full House Disney World episodes!!!!
I can't wait for you to read about our Tomorrowland experiences! We believe that they were pumping something into the air because we were having SO much fun! :rotfl2:

YES I love Full House!! The Disney World episodes are the best! "STEVE!!!"

I can't wait to read all about it! Well, Disney does supposedly pump the smell of chocolate chip cookies onto Main Street, so it's not out of the question... :laughing:

Also- I saw that you put a King's Island picture on Instagram?! I only live like an hour away from KI!

Great pictures again!

They spicy chicken and waffles looks great!

I know Chad in the Main Street Band! It's a cool thing every time you hear those guys play.

Love the trip report.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

YES I love Full House!! The Disney World episodes are the best! "STEVE!!!" I can't wait to read all about it! Well, Disney does supposedly pump the smell of chocolate chip cookies onto Main Street, so it's not out of the question... :laughing: Also- I saw that you put a King's Island picture on Instagram?! I only live like an hour away from KI!
One day im going to go to the Indiana jones stunt show and totally pulling a DJ!!! It will be hilarious!!! Oh yes! I love KI! I live pretty far away but i always get to visit about once a year!

Great pictures again!

They spicy chicken and waffles looks great!

I know Chad in the Main Street Band! It's a cool thing every time you hear those guys play.

Love the trip report.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you! That's so cool that you know someone in the band! What instrument does he play?

One day im going to go to the Indiana jones stunt show and totally pulling a DJ!!! It will be hilarious!!! Oh yes! I love KI! I live pretty far away but i always get to visit about once a year!

Haha, I think about that part every time we're watching Indiana Jones! It's pretty fun, but not as good as Disney! We used to go every year but I haven't been for a few years now.

CHAPTER 16 – It’s a FESTIVAL OF FANTASYYY! (Part 2)

April 3, 2014

Here’s a quick update for you guys! I won’t be posting for the next week because we leave tomorrow for DISNEY!!! :banana: but you can follow along with us this trip with my Twitter and Instagram (both are @disnemma). I’m seriously SO SO SOOO EXCITED! Here’s a few little details about the trip:

I’m going with my mom this trip! Woohoo for mother daughter trip #3!

We’re staying at All-Star Music! This will be my second time staying there, but I don’t remember the first time too well because it was five years ago.

We’ll be in the World from July 22-28.

I think that’s about it for right now…. the only thing we really have planned out is Magic Kingdom on Friday, because we got a lunch FP+ at the Be Our Guest restaurant then! This is definitely the most laid-back we’ve ever been about a trip. We’re really just playing the whole thing by ear!

See ya real soon, Mickey! :cloud9:
________________________________________________________________________________
Next up came a more pleasant scene- the 7 dwarfs and Snow White. My favorites were Dopey and Happy because Dopey was on Happy’s shoulders, which I though was really cute!

29dvna0.jpg

Who doesn’t love those guys?!

Behind them was my favorite hatter! :lovestruc

xenyoh.jpg

I seriously love this guy so much. To make things even better, he came up to us and said, “A very merry Unbirthday!” and I showed him by Unbirthday button and he said, “It is your Unbirthday!”

2vc6ulk.jpg

25u5zt4.jpg

Up next, we have the Pinocchio/Daisy/Donald/Swinging girls float with Chip, Dale, and Goofy following behind. I honestly don’t even remember seeing this float (probably because I was still freaking out about my encounter with the Mad Hatter).

iqc5fp.jpg

ae2t11.jpg

hrjzg1.jpg

33dfp75.jpg

Finally, we save the best for last – the Big Cheese himself and his lovely lady. The hot air balloon float was really cute!

29xtbgl.jpg

The “Big Top” girls were dancing between the two floats, and I really loved their dresses! They reminded me a little of the Buzz Lightyear girls in the parade at California Adventure in Disneyland.

345zd4z.jpg

24do3gx.jpg

And that’s it! Bottom line- Festival of Fantasy is amazing and totally on point with the costuming/outfitting. :laughing

By that time, we decided that we needed a restroom/sitting break, and what better place to do that than in Rapunzel’s Village? We plopped down at a table and Mom wrote postcards to her preschool students while I stuck the address labels on.

After that, we agreed that it was time for DESSERT! So we made our way down Main Street to the Ice Cream Parlor.

30w9lpc.jpg

This time, I got two scoops of birthday cake and Mom got one scoop of chocolate and one scoop of strawberry. Of course, it was delicious! When we were done, we walked back to Main Street to mail the postcards.

2lxtb9h.jpg

2u3y055.jpg

From there, we headed over to Frontierland because we had Fastpasses for “the wildest ride in the wilderness!”

Continued in Next Post

disnemma said:
CHAPTER 16 – It’s a FESTIVAL OF FANTASYYY! (Part 2)

April 3, 2014

Here’s a quick update for you guys! I won’t be posting for the next week because we leave tomorrow for DISNEY!!! :banana: but you can follow along with us this trip with my Twitter and Instagram (both are @disnemma). I’m seriously SO SO SOOO EXCITED! Here’s a few little details about the trip:

I’m going with my mom this trip! Woohoo for mother daughter trip #3!

We’re staying at All-Star Music! This will be my second time staying there, but I don’t remember the first time too well because it was five years ago.

I started following you on instagram! Cant wait to see your pictures make sure to post lots!! Hubby and i are staying at all star music too so ill be excited to see some pictures from there as well, neither of us have ever stayed there ;) have fun!

I started following you on instagram! Cant wait to see your pictures make sure to post lots!! Hubby and i are staying at all star music too so ill be excited to see some pictures from there as well, neither of us have ever stayed there ;) have fun!

Thanks for the follow! :goodvibes I will be sure to! I love the All-Stars, they're so much fun! (I think it quoted it like that because there was no [/QUOTE] at the end)

I have to tell you, my DD and I have enjoyed reading your post, and looking at your photos!
I like you narration style.

Have fun tomorrow on your next trip!

Can't wait to see more!

CHAPTER 17 – An Average Evening in the Kingdom

April 3, 2014

First of all, I just want to apologize for my FIVE MONTH absence. :guilty: I know that it's no excuse, but life caught up with me and honestly, I put this TR on the backburner. Since my last update, I've been on two Disney trips (July and October, and both were absolutely MAGICAL!), turned 16, joined the bowling team at school (it was that or gym class for an entire year), and been super busy with schoolwork and midterms. However, I'm determined to finish this TR considering all of the time and energy I've put into it, no matter how long it takes. So here goes!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
After our little rest on Main Street, we realized that our Fastpasses were in effect for Big Thunder, so we headed on over to Frontierland. Big Thunder will always have special place in my heart because it's where my brother worked for his CareerStart program. :lovestruc The queue for BTMR always smells amazing, too!

2guchf4.jpg

"'Cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

That railroad race made our spinning heads ache for a rest, so we moseyed through Frontierland to colonial America (aka Liberty Square) for a relaxing ride on the Liberty Belle. The boat was just departing as we walked up, but we decided to sit and wait for it to come back around.

After about 20 minutes, the steamboat arrived and we were ushered on the platform. We decided to go up to the top deck and stayed there for most of the journey. There are some great views up there!

20j1ytt.jpg

oumfra.jpg

2qk6syu.jpg

At one point, the train passed us, and we had a little honking duel with the conductor. Everyone on the boat was laughing!

16k5dns.jpg

We arrived back in Liberty Square at around 5:50, and from there we went over to the Tangled area again to sit. (this was definitely a day of resting!) There, we examined our sunburns and hunted for the ever-so-elusive Pascal.

263ih4x.jpg

Look at my poor mom's sunburn!

5y70cm.jpg

Then, we turned around and went back through Liberty Square and Frontierland to finally arrive in Adventureland, since we felt like it would be a good time to visit our pirate pals again. There's no such thing as riding PotC too many times! :cutie:

288pd1v.jpg

It is so hard to get good photos on this ride, though! Everything turns out either too blurry or too orange.

2edzgvt.jpg

We kept stopping because the boats got backed up, but I didn't mind because I loved noticing new things in the pirate scenes.

After Pirates, we headed on back to Main Street (because who doesn't want to be on MS during Golden Hour?!)

2q07w9d.jpg

Look at how pretty it is!! :cloud9:

We stopped to get our picture taken in front of the castle by a very sweet CM who was in charge of a light up merchandise cart.

2hp21dt.jpg

Then we walked all the way down to Town Square, then came around and back up the other side of Main Street. Of course, we were drawn into the Confectionary by that wonderful sugary-sweet smell! We smiled at the guy making cotton candy and were looking at the treats in the middle of the store when the cotton candy man sort of waved us over and held up a HUGE mound of cotton candy. We thought he meant, "Come buy some!" so we shook our heads no, but he was insistent and we finally walked over. When we were close enough, he lifted the mound over the glass divider and handed it to me. I'm sure I looked like a gawping fish with my mouth hanging open. We thanked him so much and he seemed a little bashful when Mom asked if I could get a picture with him.

2h4alg1.jpg

My face is so red! SUNBURN

It was most certainly a Magical Moment that I will never forget! Thank you Richard from Peru!

Mom and I enjoyed the sugary treat as we walked the rest of the way down Main Street. It was hilarious to see all of the little kids looking at me in jealousy of the cotton candy!

We had a Fastpass for Enchanted Tales with Belle next, so we decided to stroll through the castle and look at the beautiful Cinderella murals on our way to New Fantasyland.

vxgtoi.jpg

w1blo5.jpg

We waited about five minutes in the Fastpass line before we were ushered into Maurice's workshop. I felt bad for the CM who was trying to explain the whole story to us because all of the adults in the room kept talking over her! Eventually, we all spoke the magic words- "Take me back to the day Belle and Beast fell in love"- and Maurice's mirror lengthened and stretched into a door, which led to a room with Madame Armoire.

k9fllt.jpg

She instructed us what to do, and soon enough we were in the library, where we were greeted by Lumiere. I was SO AMAZED at this point, everything was just like the movie! Belle walked into the room and we all yelled, "Surprise!" Lumiere explained that we were going to be recreating the day that Belle and Beast met. My favorite part was when Belle and "the Beast" danced.

bj7edt.jpg

It was all so magical! :love:

Everyone got the chance to take a picture with Belle and she gave everyone a bookmark, and then we all went back to our seats. At this point, Mom and I realized that there was still one knight standing in the corner with his cardboard helmet still held in front of his face, even though all of the props had been taken back. I don't know why I found this so funny, but I started laughing so hard that I couldn't get a grip on myself. Soon enough, though, someone realized that he was still standing there, and his helmet was whisked away.

Belle said merci et au revoir, and on the way out, they gave everyone a Photopass card. By this time, it was about 7:40. Mom and I decided to just chill out on a wall in New Fantasyland and watch the clouds float by.

i4ljdw.jpg

334sw47.jpg

Continued in Next Post

Great update well worth waiting for! Just mentioning the smell at Big Thunder Mountain takes me back there!

Congrats on a great year, and turning 16.

Love that a CM handed you what looks like a pound of cotton candy. So many just go so far above and beyond everyday.

Great update! Looking forward to more.

Great update well worth waiting for! Just mentioning the smell at Big Thunder Mountain takes me back there!

Congrats on a great year, and turning 16.

Love that a CM handed you what looks like a pound of cotton candy. So many just go so far above and beyond everyday.

Great update! Looking forward to more.

Thank you, you're too sweet! :lovestruc Thanks for reading and following along after all this time!

CHAPTER 18 – Manchester

April 3, 2014

After our 15-minute break, we walked on through "old" Fantasyland towards Rapunzel's area, where all of the lanterns were lit up.

123bdr4.jpg

ny8tc2.jpg

It looked absolutely beautiful! This was my first time seeing the "village" at twilight/night, so we were amazed.

We continued on through Liberty Square and took a left towards the Hub to decide what to do next. We figured that our options were to watch the parade again and then watch the fireworks, skip the parade and hang out until the fireworks started, or watch fireworks and then the 11:00 parade.

295vbj5.jpg

As we were standing on the sidewalk of the Hub talking, a crowd control cast member asked us if we needed any help. We explained our dilemma and she went over each option with us. She asked if there was anything that I wanted to do that we hadn't done yet. I thought about it and remembered that I had seen that Jungle Cruise ran at night, so I suggested that. She said that we could do Jungle Cruise and watch a little bit of the parade, then go to Main Street to grab a spot for the fireworks. She was so nice and helpful, and a little sassy too! Unfortunately, we didn't get to say goodbye because some other guests pulled her away to ask a question. I didn't even catch her name. :sad2:

With that decided, we trekked over to Adventureland.

x4eza1.jpg

We could see that the wait time for Jungle Cruise was steadily ticking down so we hopped in line, where I was bestowed the honor of.... holding the RED WAIT TIME CARD! :banana: I always feel so special when I get the card!

4q23hs.jpg

It took about twenty minutes to get through the line, and I was praying for a good skipper. While we were waiting at the front of the line, we chatted with a CM about the College Program. She had done the program herself, but ended up staying on as a regular cast member.

Suddenly our boat cruised up and we hopped in. Unfortunately, my prayers were not answered, as the skipper seemed like he was just reciting the lines and wasn't into it at all. We even caught him checking his watch! :confused3 Despite that bump in the road, it was still really cool to take the cruise at night.

Soon enough, we pulled up at the dock and exited the boat. From there, we made our way over to Frontierland, right at the end of the parade route.

33db1gx.jpg

Within 25 minutes, the first float of the parade had appeared, and we had a great view! We only stayed for about 5 minutes, but it really felt like longer.

2lctohu.jpg

Then we turned around and started toward Main Street. It was so amazingly quiet and empty- it felt like we had the whole park to ourselves! I'll admit, we even linked arms and skipped part of the way! We were laughing so hard and I'm sure everyone we passed though we were crazy, but we didn't care. :rotfl:

We passed over the Adventureland bridge and continued on toward the Hub, but we noticed a small taped section right by the street that was almost completely empty, so we just decided to stay there. We were definitely surprised at our luck!

vymbfp.jpg

We chatted for awhile with the people around us- it looked like they were all a big group of extended family that had come together with all of their little kids. They hadn't seen Wishes before (I think it was their first time at WDW) and they were all so excited.

Pretty soon, the Celebrate the Magic projection show on the castle started! We couldn't see the whole castle, but it was still amazing.

2hgdzjq.jpg

My favorite part was when they started the Let It Go part, and you could literally hear the entire Hub start singing together. It brought tears to my eyes! When it ended, I heard someone say, "Was that the fireworks?" and then someone else replied, "No, Disney would do something bigger than that!" :rotfl:

About 5 minutes later, the lights dimmed again and Wishes started! I was kind of annoyed because everybody kept talking, and you have to listen to the story or else they're just regular fireworks! That's what makes Disney fireworks so special- the story behind them!

In hindsight, our spot wasn't so great because there was a huge tree that was blocking most of the fireworks, but I was just happy to be there.

2ik31ck.jpg

2yuk9ba.jpg

65mzdk.jpg

2yy9guo.jpg

When the show ended, we started shuffling down Main Street toward the exit. Everyone was following this guy right in the middle of the street shuffling along with us who was holding a binder up in the air with the word Manchester on it. It looked as if he had attracted a larger crowd than he had originally started with!

1yexz.jpg

The Manchester Man.

33ws1v7.jpg

We exited the park and our bus came at around 10:30. There weren't any seats left, so we moved to the very back of the bus and held on to the handrails. However, a man and his son that were sitting down stood up and offered their seats to us. We tried to convince them that we were fine standing, but they persisted until we had sat down. I felt really bad that they had given up their seats for us, but I was very grateful!

While we were on our way to the resort, a lady sitting next to me commented on my nails. She was impressed that I had done them myself! When the bus finally pulled up at AKL and we had gotten up, I noticed that her husband had glitter all over the side of his face where his princess daughter had been sleeping. :goodvibes

We were super tired! I think we finally got to bed at around 11:30, and I fell asleep right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter