"So. Many. Selfies." A Mother-Daughter Trip! April 2014 UPDATED 1/4

disnemma

Mouseketeer
princess:"So. Many. Selfies." A Mother-Daughter Trip! April 2014princess:

It is with deepest pride and greatest pleasure that we welcome you tonight. And now we invite you to relax, let us pull up a chair as the Dis proudly presents - my first trip report!

JAMBO! Welcome! I’ve been reading trip reports for a few months now, and when we made reservations for a trip to the World for Spring Break I just knew I had to do one. For this trip, my mom and I went solo for the first three and a half days, and then my dad joined us for the last day and a half. So, without further ado, I give you: the Cast List!

Emma

1zbfex5.jpg

Hello there! I’m Emma. As you can probably assume, I’m a HUGE Disney freak! Like, ridiculously obsessed. My love for the company (and especially the parks) started when my brother, Daniel, began the CareerStart program in 2007, when I was in third grade. Since then, we’ve been going every year, and every time I fall in love with WDW more and more! It would definitely be a dream come true to be able to work there someday, and I plan on doing the Disney College Program after I graduate. Here are some of my Disney favorites:

Parks: Magic Kingdom and Epcot
Resort: All-Star Movies (as amazing as the moderate/deluxe resorts are, the All-Stars just feel like home to me!), BoardWalk Inn, The Polynesian
Attractions: Pirates of the Caribbean, Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, Soarin’, Toy Story Midway Mania!, The Great Movie Ride
Entertainment: Festival of Fantasy, The Main Street Electrical Parade
Restaurants: Pizzafari, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, Earl of Sandwich

The 'Rents

icthzb.jpg

These are my lovely parents, Beth and Sanford. As I mentioned above, my dad won’t appear until the last half of our fourth day because he drove down to bring my mom and me home (and of course had to come to the parks for at least a day!), so it was just Mom and me for the first few days. Both of them are pretty cool people! My mom is a huge Disney fan like me, and we both consider WDW our home. My dad also likes the parks a lot, but he’s not quite as into it as we are. He just really likes getting a chance to be off of work for a few days! Here are their favorites:

Parks: (Mom) Magic Kingdom and Epcot

(Dad) Epcot

Resort: Port Orleans- French Quarter

Contemporary

Attractions: Pirates of the Caribbean, Soarin’, Toy Story Midway Mania!, Norway pavilion

Pirates of the Caribbean, Carousel of Progress, World Showcase, Soarin’

Entertainment: Wishes, Festival of Fantasy

Citizens of Hollywood, Anastasia and Drizella face characters, Wishes

Restaurants: Earl of Sandwich, Pizzafari, Fish & Chips, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, L'Artisan des Glaces

Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe, Brown Derby

What we’re celebrating:
Going home! Our first trip as annual passholders! My 10th trip!

Where we’re staying:
Animal Kingdom Lodge- Jambo House for the first three nights, All-Star Sports for the last two nights

NO dining plan, so if you’re going to WDW on a budget but still want to eat at the parks, this is the TR to read! (We’re pretty frugal :p )

FIRST TIME using annual passes, MagicBands, My Disney Experience app in the parks, Fastpass+

Oh- you may be wondering about the title of this TR, "So. Many. Selfies." Well, as we wandered around the various parks, Downtown Disney, the resorts, etc., we noticed that everybody. was. taking. selfies. Everybody! Literally everywhere you turn, somebody is baring their pearly whites or putting on a duck face at a camera and snapping a photo. It's crazy! So it became a kind of game to (discreetly) point out anyone we saw taking a selfie. I'll admit, we even took a few selfies of our own that you'll get to see later!

And I think that’s about all I have for now. I hope you guys have as much fun reading this as I do writing it and reliving the trip! I can’t wait to share all of our magical moments with you.

Thanks for reading, and have a magical day! Until next time! :wave:

Continued in Next Post

Following along! Love that your frugal! I try to be the same :D We are planning a few peak meals and eating on our own a lot!

Following along! Love that your frugal! I try to be the same :D We are planning a few peak meals and eating on our own a lot!

Yes, I've found that the dining experiences at quick-service restaurants can be just as good as table service restaurants! Good for you! It will save you a lot of money (that can be spent on merchandise instead! :lmao:) Thanks for joining! :welcome:

CHAPTER 1- IT'S DISNEY DAY!

April 1, 2014

Hurray! It’s DISNEY DAY! I woke up at 4:30 on this fine morning, which was the earliest I had been awake for a very long time! I got dressed in my "Disney or Bust" t-shirt (which is a tradition to wear on the airplane to Disney!) and headed downstairs, where a delicious treat from our favorite donut shop was waiting.

dbjuqg.jpg

The first Hidden Mickey of the trip! Isn't it adorable?

I gobbled it down because I was so excited, then downed some coffee and went back upstairs to do my makeup and hair. I had put foam rollers in the night before, so all I had to do was unroll my hair and I was ready to go! I had also done my nails a few days before, with a Disney theme:

ftlti1.jpg

(from left to right: Mike Wazowski, Mickey Mouse Club logo, Cinderella Castle silhouette, Monorail Red, and Mickey heads)

2w251g3.jpg

(from left to right: Sorcerer's Hat, Soarin' logo, Donald Duck, flower (for Flower & Garden Festival), and Spaceship Earth)

Mike got messed up, so I had to replace him with the Monster's Inc logo, and I also redid the Soarin' one with the Tree of Life, but I forgot to take pictures of those! Whoops!

By the time I was done, it was around 5:10, which meant it was time to leave. I zipped up my suitcase, grabbed my purse and camera, and we were out the door.

On the way to the airport, my parents joked about the whole thing being an April Fools joke, which, as you can imagine, I did not find amusing at all. Thank goodness they were just kidding! :worship:

We arrived about fifteen minutes later and said goodbye to my dad, who we would be seeing three days later, then checked our luggage in at the desk and went through security without a problem. We were on Southwest Airlines Flight 994, scheduled to depart at 7:05 a.m at Gate A23 (which is my lucky number! That has to be a good sign!)

2mrigqc.jpg

We passed time by speculating who else was going to Disney, and soon enough, it was time to board! :yay: We were in boarding group A, 53rd and 54th in line. (For those of you who don't know, Southwest doesn't assign seats -- once you check in online, you get a boarding position that depends on what time you click "check in", and then once you board you get to pick any seat on the plane!) We sat on the right side of the plane over the wing so we could see the Gulf of Mexico once we got to Florida, and I got the window seat! An older lady sat by Mom. She said that she was going down to visit her sister, and her husband was also driving to pick her up!

Of course, we had to to take an airplane selfie!

30lhw91.jpg

Within a few minutes, we were up in the air. It was so exciting to be on our way home!

The whole flight staff was absolutely amazing. They made everyone laugh so much! For example, when the stewardess was reading off the rules for the flight, she didn't even finish and said, "And blah, blah, blah." And when the little girl in front of us told the steward that it was her first flight, he said, "Guess what? It's the pilot's first time flying too!" and she completely believed him, because when we landed she said, "That was pretty good for the pilot's first flight!"

After about thirty minutes of flying, they came around to take our drink orders. I got water and Mom got coffee, and they gave everyone two packs of peanuts. (Actually, the steward threw them at me!)

166n3pg.jpg

We did hit a fair amount of turbulence, but it wasn't that bad. This was only my third time flying, so I don't really have much experience to base it on.

At around 8:45, we started descending. It was pretty cloudy that day, so we couldn't see much until we got really close to the ground. Then, all of a sudden, we could see land! Florida is full of lakes and ponds, especially compared to Ohio!

2z812ck.jpg

While we were landing, the pilot came on the intercom and told us, "Disney World is closed right now because they're repainting everything. Hope nobody had any plans to go there!" and we could hear the little girl in front of us gasping. :rotfl: Then the stewardess said, "Welcome to Omaha -- oh, I mean Orlando!" We all had a good chuckle at that.

Finally, we stood up and exited the plane. It only took us about ten minutes to get out and through the little hallway from the plane to the gate, but it felt like a lifetime because everyone was walking so slowly! We were on a mission, and we wanted to get to it! Finally, we made it into the building.

6tmt87.jpg

After a quick bathroom break, we headed over to luggage pickup. Although we were riding the Magical Express, we like to take our own luggage on the bus with us, so that way we don't have to wait for it to arrive. Going to baggage claim meant riding on the Fake-O-Rail! We were literally the last people on the tram, and we had to run to make it! We didn't even have anything to hold onto because it was packed to the max! :crowded:

We picked up our bags without any trouble and stepped off to the side to figure out how to get to the Magical Express station. We made it there... after a few tries and lots of asking for directions! MCO is a really confusing airport!

35bxqf6.jpg

We were ushered right onto the bus, which was... A DISNEY CRUISE LINE BUS! With the cool port windows and Cruise Line themed seats! I was seriously so excited, and Mom was too!

kedyxg.jpg

296m99y.jpg

2s78f0n.jpg

Just look at those smiles! Priceless!

"I'm going home, to the place where I belong...." :cloud9:

Continued in Next Post

joining in on the trip! :woohoo: i'm going around the same time next year, so it'll be nice to see what the crowds and stuff are like!

Joining in! My mom's my normal WDW travel partner so I love reading TRs like this - can't wait for more!

I'm joining in too! I will be going on my first trip with just my Mum later this year so this is just the trip report for me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter