"So. Many. Selfies." A Mother-Daughter Trip! April 2014 UPDATED 1/4

I am enjoying your trip report immensely! So many that I have read all have little kids in them and deal mostly with how the kids handled the scary rides and having "meltdowns".

I'll be going next year with my husband and our 21 year old daughter so your trip report is giving me a look at a young adult's view of the parks.

CHAPTER 10 - All Hail the School Bread

April 2, 2014

....the Yorkshire County Fish Shop! Just a hop across the pond!

But first we had to make a quick stop at Club Cool to quench our thirst. I can't tell you how much I love this place!

htfqyd.jpg

They had all new flavors from the last time I was there (except Beverly... EW!) so I was excited to try them all. My favorite was from Thailand. I think it was a melon-flavored soda made by Fanta.

From there, we headed over to World Showcase. We usually enter by the Mexico pavilion, but since the UK is closer to the other side we went counter-clockwise around the lagoon.

Pretty soon, we were in the land of tea and the Beatles and.... other British things!

n9jsn.jpg

We both ordered fish & chips and received our food pretty quickly. We were praying that there would be a place to sit, but one glance told us that the tables were all full. But then I noticed a few tables behind the restaurant that were all empty and in the shade. SCORE!

30xhdp4.jpg

2e5rrch.jpg

The view from our table was lovely.

34s5rp3.jpg

A couple came and shared the table with us, so we chatted with them for awhile. They said it was their first time at WDW and they just had time to visit MK and Epcot, but they seemed like they were having a lot of fun. We gave them a few tips as they were finishing up, and then we said our goodbyes.

ic61hf.jpg

We also had a few avian friends that hung out with us!!

When we were done, we decided that it wouldn't be a trip to Epcot without a journey around the World Showcase, so we headed out of the UK and into France. On the way we saw Mary Poppins, who, of course, is practically perfect in every way!

29gbhty.jpg

In France we passed Belle.

2hn2fkx.jpg

As we were moving into Japan, Mom mentioned that she wanted some hand-dipped ice cream for dessert. We normally go to Fountain View Ice Cream for Edy's, but they had taken it out to put Starbucks in.

I had heard of the new ice cream store in World Showcase, but we couldn't remember if it was in France or Italy. A quick check on my phone confirmed that it was France, so we backtracked to L'Artisan des Glaces.

qzjj2g.jpg

The inside was gorgeous! I loved all of the little details and the color scheme.

1tkl20.jpg

Mom got chocolate in a waffle cone. It was so soft and creamy and delicious! If school bread wouldn't have been calling my name, I definitely would have gotten some.

We continued our trip around the world as Mom ate her ice cream. In Germany, we spotted the new Snow White topiary, which was amazing! I think it was my favorite topiary in the Flower & Garden Festival. I hope they end up making all of the human topiaries as detailed as her.

v3kgwh.jpg

And, of course, the seven dwarfs tagged along!

2zsabu8.jpg

On our way through the Outpost, we saw that they had just brought out the Illuminations globe.

24ne3xx.jpg

It looks so much smaller when it's out in the middle of the lagoon!

Finally we made it to NORWAY. The home of my only love, my heart's true desire: SCHOOL BREAD!

mvht3r.jpg

I practically skipped into Kringla Bakeri Og Kafé and hopped in line. It felt like it took a million years to get my pastry and pay, but it was really only a few minutes.

Pretty soon, we were back outside. There weren't any tables open, so we just sat on the stone wall surrounding the eating area.

24qpxqx.jpg

Can you hear the choir singing? :worship::love:
Continued in Next Post

I am really enjoying your TP! It sounds like a lot of fun...can't wait to read more!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I am enjoying your trip report immensely! So many that I have read all have little kids in them and deal mostly with how the kids handled the scary rides and having "meltdowns".

I'll be going next year with my husband and our 21 year old daughter so your trip report is giving me a look at a young adult's view of the parks.

Thank you!! It is a very different experience going when you're older. I'm not saying that one age is better to go, but when you aren't a child I think it's easier to appreciate everything in the parks. (and if you aren't traveling with kids, you don't have to worry about naps or strollers!) You're going to have so much fun!

YAY for School Bread!!! :love:
Also, I keep forgetting to ask, where did you get your shirt you were wearing that day?! ITS ADORABLE :lovestruc

CHAPTER 11 - Sniffing The Land

April 2, 2014

I gobbled down my very messy school bread (and all but licked the plate!), and then we headed to the Fountain of Nations.

2poe4cp.jpg

At the FoN, we noticed some pretty huge camera equipment set up outside a big roped-off area right in front of the fountain. There were also big signs that said "AFV," which Mom figured out that they stood for "America's Funniest Home Videos."

2du0e2s.jpg

I went up to the CM walking around the area to ask what was going on, and he said that they were going to be filming the AFV finale that night after the park closed, from 11:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Wow!

From there, we headed over to MouseGear.

k0lys6.jpg

Mom bought a Flower & Garden Festival t-shirt with Minnie on it, and we used our AP discount for the first time! We were pretty excited.

We remembered that we had wanted to see the F&GF festival center in the old Wonders of Life pavilion, so we located that on a map and went on back. We thought it was odd that we didn't see anyone else walking to or from the building, but we went to check it out anyway and found that it had closed fifteen minutes before. :( So we just figured that we would hit it on Saturday and went back to MouseGear.

2w7qpaq.jpg

I don't know what I'm doing here... I think I was trying to look like Buzz?!

In MouseGear, I decided to splurge a little and bought two tanks. The man who checked me out was named Tim. He was older and very nice. When I asked if I could use my AP discount he said that he had to see an ID, but I didn't have one at the time. I offered to go get my mom because she had her ID/AP, but he said it was alright and gave me the discount anyway. He said the total was $30-something, and in the back of my mind I was like, "Wow, that discount gave me a lot off!" because each tank was $25-$35, but I paid and went to go find Mom. I kept thinking that the price just wasn't right, so I got out the receipt and noticed that he had only rung up one shirt!

I told Mom and she "subtly" hinted that I should just let it slide, but I knew I would feel bad every time I wore it, so I went back in line and explained everything to Tim. He was a little distraught and thanked me for being truthful, and then he rang up the shirt and gave me 6 Mickey stickers. We started walking away and stopped to look at something, and then I realized that Tim had come up to us to give me 6 more stickers. We said thanks again and parted ways.

Mom and I decided to go on Spaceship Earth next. We basically walked right on!

2vnph1d.jpg

33wveyb.jpg

Our journey into the past was quite enjoyable. I love Spaceship Earth! The smell of burning books in Rome is actually amazing.

30sj3bn.jpg

We made another quick stop in Club Cool to quench our thirst (I swear, we went to CC about fifty times during this trip!) and then decided to see what the wait time for Soarin' was. As we were walking to The Land, we noticed that the wait time for the Epcot Character Spot was only 5 minutes, so we just said YOLO and walked in without knowing who we were going to meet.

35bwlq9.jpg

First up was Mickey!! The Boss himself!

72es08.jpg

Then came Goofy. He twirled me around in a circle and tried to get me to dance with him, but I didn't realized that until I walked away. DERP.

2zrdo8y.jpg

The last character was Minnie. I showed her that she was on my shirt, and she pointed to Mickey and started blowing kisses in his direction. :lovestruk

2guyvcx.jpg

From there, we continued on our way to The Land to check Soarin' out. Of course, the line was crazy long, so we decided to pass it up for that day. I made sure to get a good few sniffs of that amazing The Land scent before we left though! (everyone probably thought I was crazy because I was breathing in so hard :rotfl:)

By that time, we thought it would be best to head back over to Hollywood Studios to snatch some seats for Fantasmic! so we headed over to the bus stops.

2z7r7ma.jpg

16kb6nn.jpg

Before we knew it, we were back in Hollywood!

9ljz42.jpg

28irrjn.jpg

The bag-checker guy at the park entrance saw my Unbirthday button and asked if it was my Unbirthday. I said it was and asked if it was his too, and he looked kind of surprised and said, "Yes, I guess it is!" I told him, "Merry Unbirthday!" and skipped away. :cutie:

On Sunset we spotted a balloon guy that did not look very cheerful at all.

w01etz.jpg

Maybe he was just having a bad day?

308e0pu.jpg

And the ever-so-lovely Carthay Circle Theater!
Continued in Next Post

YAY for School Bread!!! :love:
Also, I keep forgetting to ask, where did you get your shirt you were wearing that day?! ITS ADORABLE :lovestruc

I got it last year at Hollywood Studios in one of the shops on Hollywood Boulevard! I think I saw it there this year too. Thank you! I love it too!! :goodvibes

CHAPTER 12 - "Please Sir... I Want Some More."

April 2, 2014

(three updates in one day! I'm feeling so accomplished!)

We made our way back into the Fantasmic! stadium. It was a different path from the old way back into the arena (because they made that one the FP+ line) and this time, the journey felt much longer!

105r7g2.jpg

We got to sit in the Mickey section, which is RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE! And we sat on the sixth row up from the bottom! What luck! :wizard:

It was nice to just sit and unwind a little. We had sat down at around 7:10 and Fantasmic! didn't start until 8:30, but we didn't mind. The only complaint I had was that nobody was doing the wave!

At 8:00, three CMs came out to do a little preshow. They said that they did technical work at DHS during the day and this for fun at night. We did some Disney and non-Disney sing-alongs, and the best one was Don't Stop Believin' at the very end, because everybody sang along to that one. Everyone's voices came together perfectly! Our side of the stadium was Team Jafar, while the other side was Team Mufasa. Then they chose some families to do Disney trivia, and at the end they gave everyone from both families a box of popcorn. popcorn::

And then it was time for the show to start! *cue Fantasmic! music*

2livhu0.jpg

a10cip.jpg

"See it... in your mind...and you can find...in your imagination...mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams."

28kkk9i.jpg

2ci8mzd.jpg

29385l2.jpg

"Tale as old as time...."

2d6w47m.jpg

"Part of your world...."

sztvdl.jpg

"Someday my prince will come...."

34hfhtw.jpg

When the ferry boat came out, there was nobody on it and I thought that there had been a mistake! But then everyone stepped out like magic!

dc7te0.jpg

"Some imagination, huh?"

After the stadium lights came on, we broke the rules and climbed up to the top on the bleachers. :ssst: It was much faster, but when we got to the top everyone was just shuffling along. I was feeling very claustrophobic, but when we got past the edge of the seats the path forked and it cleared up a lot.

We took the left path, which took us to the very beginning of Hollywood Boulevard. I was disappointed that we didn't get to walk down HB at night because the buildings always look so pretty all lit up, but I got over it pretty quickly.

At the bus stops, we read the sign wrong and accidentally went to the Animal Kingdom bus stop instead of the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus stop. So we had to go all the way back to the sign to figure out what the right stop was. It took forever for a bus to show up!

We got "home" at around 10:00 and fast-walked to the Mara to get some breakfast food for the next two days. I got a chocolate muffin, a mini banana bread, two apples, and 2 juices. Mom got a chocolate muffin, a fruit scone, and a juice.

i6ce92.jpg

20ihwjq.jpg

We paid and went to get peanut butter, which we had to ask for again. We were so tired and slaphappy and I'm sure I sounded pathetic when I asked the young CM for a few packets of PB. He probably thought we were drunk. When we were walking back to the room we joked that I sounded like Oliver from Oliver Twist when he says "Please sir.... I want some more." We also got some chamomile tea packets.

I got a quick shower, during which I sat down and almost fell asleep. I made some tea while Mom got ready for bed and watched Stacey for a bit. I'm sure I was asleep before my head even hit the pillow! :cloud9:
Continued in Next Post

Maybe you were "holding" that tiny little spaceship!
Also claps for being honest at Mouse Gear! I'm glad to know my fellow WS Hobo is the truthful type! ;)
Ah... I never even noticed that!!! Haha, WS Hobos say "honesty is the best policy!" because they learn from Pinocchio. :rotfl:

Joining in on your TR. It looks like you and your mom are having a great time! I bet those APs will come in handy this year. Cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Incredible trip report! Love the pictures of the parade and street performers around the parks.

The magic moments that happen from a street performer at Disney is just so cool. Every time, it seems so unique, special,and amazing.

Parade pictures very artistic!

Can't wait to see more.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I haven't eaten at the Yorkshire Fish Shop in years, so I had no idea there were tables somewhat behind it. Good to know. :thumbsup2

They have some great treats at L'Artisan des Glaces! I love the brioche ice cream sandwich.

Aaaahhh, School Bread! So so good. I never share mine. :rotfl2:

Wow, that's so cool they were going to be filming the AFV finale! I have to admit, I still love that show.

That's awesome that you were honest about him missing the shirt. Many people would not do that.

Sounds like a great way to end the day!

I loved your trip report! Looks like you had a wonderful Mother Daughter vacation! I especially loved the pictures from the Main Street Electrical Parade. Thanks a bunch for sharing!

Great TR so far, it sounds like you guys are having a blast!

I also love the way your pictures came out, a lot of them look professional.

Joining in on your TR. It looks like you and your mom are having a great time! I bet those APs will come in handy this year. Cannot wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

Thanks for joining!! Yes, I can't wait to use them again soon!

Thank you! I love your signature. :)

Incredible trip report! Love the pictures of the parade and street performers around the parks.

The magic moments that happen from a street performer at Disney is just so cool. Every time, it seems so unique, special,and amazing.

Parade pictures very artistic!

Can't wait to see more.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you so very much! Your comments made me smile.

I haven't eaten at the Yorkshire Fish Shop in years, so I had no idea there were tables somewhat behind it. Good to know. :thumbsup2

They have some great treats at L'Artisan des Glaces! I love the brioche ice cream sandwich.

Aaaahhh, School Bread! So so good. I never share mine. :rotfl2:

Wow, that's so cool they were going to be filming the AFV finale! I have to admit, I still love that show.

That's awesome that you were honest about him missing the shirt. Many people would not do that.

Sounds like a great way to end the day!

Thanks for your comments! We'll have to check out the brioche ice cream sandwich, it sounds yummy! I like AFV too, though I liked it better when Bob Saget hosted it. :)

I loved your trip report! Looks like you had a wonderful Mother Daughter vacation! I especially loved the pictures from the Main Street Electrical Parade. Thanks a bunch for sharing!

Thank you so much, and thanks for reading!

Great TR so far, it sounds like you guys are having a blast!

I also love the way your pictures came out, a lot of them look professional.

Thank you! :goodvibes

CHAPTER 13 – Give Us the Booty pirate:

April 3, 2014

Hello, everyone! Long time no see (which I’m really sorry about!) I had planned on having this trip report done by the time we went on our next trip, but considering the fact that we leave a week from tomorrow (!!!!!!) I just don’t think it’s going to happen. I still haven’t decided if I’m going to do a TR for this next trip because it’s so time consuming, but I will try to journal so I’ll have the option once we get home. Alright now, on with the show!
___________________________________________________________________________________
I woke up at about 7:45 on this morning feeling very refreshed! For breakfast I had a chocolate muffin, apple with peanut butter, apple juice, and coffee.

4hweis.jpg

While I was eating, Mom and I noticed two donkeys running around in circles on the savanna. One was right behind the other, and the one behind kept nudging the first to keep it going!

11sz575.jpg

They ran for the entire time we were out on the balcony, and were still going when we went back inside. It was so funny!

We left the room at around 9:45 and were on a bus to Magic Kingdom by 10:00. Not bad! After another 15 minutes, we were looking at this lovely sight.

4gpxxx.jpg

The officer that checked our bags as we were going into the park was great! She kept taking food out of everyone’s bags and asking other guests if they needed something to eat. She told us that that’s where she gets her lunch every day!

We passed through the gates without a problem and entered Magic Kingdom through the left entrance. As we walked into Town Square, we noticed the Trolley Show was going on, so we stopped to watch for a few minutes.

jq29h3.jpg

Soon enough, though, the castle was pulling us down Main Street, USA!

t56gjp.jpg

Since it was still kind of early in the morning, we decided to check out the wait times in Fantasyland. Peter Pan’s Flight was pretty long, but Small World was only about 10 minutes, so we hopped in line!

1072q6r.jpg

“The happiest cruise that ever sailed the seven seas!”

28178jq.jpg

The jungle room is my favorite! I love the hippos.

35b6lc7.jpg

These hula dancers have lots of hip action going on!

After our boat ride, we headed on over to Castle Couture to get some pixie dust! On the way, we spotted Peter skipping by. I saw a cast member watching him with a huge smile on her face, and it just reminded me of how magical Disney is, whether you work there or not.

2myvhup.jpg

Pixie dust was all over me! I’m pretty sure there’s still some in the cracks of my camera.

The CM asked Mom if she wanted some PD too and Mom said no, but I said, “Yes… I think she does!” so Mom got some magic sprinkled on her too.

3505dl4.jpg

Then we walked around the castle to Main Street, passing by a certain Fairy Godmother on the way! We stopped for a moment to watch the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Street Party then continued on to Adventureland.

As we were crossing over into Frontierland, we stopped at a little building that we had noticed on our first day. There was a sign hanging on it that said A Pirate’s Adventure- Treasures of the Seven Seas and we were really sure what it was, so we stopped to ask. The CM explained that it was a “treasure hunt” around Adventureland, and we decided to do it! We were given a map and then set out on the adventure!

2pqjiog.jpg

When we crossed back into Adventureland we noticed that Captain Jack (AKA Mom’s boyfriend :rotfl:) was teaching some young pirates how to swordfight, so we had to stop and watch!

2dw83tz.jpg

24d3egy.jpg

After the show ended, Mom and I finished our adventure and found the “booty”. We were given the option to go back and get another map, but decided to keep moving.

We stopped to use the bathrooms by Pirates, and when we came out we saw this really cool guy! I snuck a picture of him, so you can see for yourself.

2s1so06.jpg

Continued in Next Post

YAY! New update!!

I hope you have a great trip! I know how time consuming TR's are especially with school around the corner (eww!) but if you have to time I'm in for another TR ;)

Your camera strap is SO cute! Where did you get it?

o_O I think I know of that CM from BBB on Instagram!! And yay for PD! The CM we had was incredibly unenthusiastic when she dusted us :/

YAY! New update!!

I hope you have a great trip! I know how time consuming TR's are especially with school around the corner (eww!) but if you have to time I'm in for another TR ;)

Your camera strap is SO cute! Where did you get it?

o_O I think I know of that CM from BBB on Instagram!! And yay for PD! The CM we had was incredibly unenthusiastic when she dusted us :/

Thank you! I'm still thinking about it.... and don't even mention the S-C-H-O-O-L word (unless it has bread behind it :p) I got my camera strap last year in Disneyland! I haven't seen it in WDW though. That's so weird, because when we saw her I was like "Wow, she looks really familiar!" and then once we got out of the shop I realized it was because I had seen her in someone's trip video! Boo for unenthusiastic CMs :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter