So How Do We Feel About the Changes to Be Our Guest?

DH and I were planning on going for dinner in September. Now we will try to go at lunch or not at all. We like to use the dining plan and no way in HECK is this worth 2 table service credits. I could go to Morimoto's and get a 2-table service meal worth $300. Plus, the new menu just sounds weird, and I'm a more adventurous eater.

I don’t have a problem with the change and I think $55 for a 3-course dinner is in line with other good restaurants. That said, we are going in May because our grandkids want to meet the Beast. I’m glad we’ll be there before the new menu because our grandkids are very light and very choosy eaters. They will happily split meals and be satisfied. The rest of us will order dinners, not just water and dessert. But it kills me to pay $35 for a child’s character breakfast at AYCTE places when what they care to eat is 1/2 pancake and a few grapes. Not that I want them to eat more than they want but I just need to not think about the cost and enjoy the atmosphere which we’re paying to enjoy:)

I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I would never use dining plan for this... it's just not worth.
If they add more characters like Belle, Cogs and Lumiere, okay it makes more value to the plan, but overall I think it's more negative effect than positive for regular visitors :(

Octopus ans Snails, for an appetizer! Don't think so!

Escargot isn't a new item for BOG.

BOG has balance issues. I don't know how many people are doing the "cupcake and water for 8" but I can guarantee that it creates operational issues. The balance of "actual dinner" vs. "cupcake" is out of whack. This causes problems metering ADRs and "average table turn," either leading to idle servers with low average tabs, or long waits at the bridge because the average turn isn't doing a good job of accounting for the balance of dinner vs. cupcakes, which can be averaged over time but won't be consistent night to night.

I have heard that waitstaff do not want to work BOG because it's just so inconsistent. So you get turnover, which makes some of the management issues worse.

THIS. I've heard this from multiple people. The poor waitstaff would have nights where half their tops ordered less-than-full meals (cocktails, desserts, etc.) That is a terrible position in which to put people who work in tipped positions.

Hmmm, I've dined at my fair share of "signature" restaurants and I'm not sure I've ever noticed a minimum at any of them. Then again, I'm always there for the total package experience so I guess i wouldn't.

There aren't any real other signatures that give an experience like BOG has with the theming and Beast M&G. Cali Grill comes close, but there is a public platform a few floors down from which people can watch fireworks. And being outside a park means it takes (a little) work to get there, so both are barriers to having people show up, buy the bare minimum and want to enjoy the experience of the fireworks from the restaurant's balconies.

Agree completely. I'm hopeful that they'll offer something for dessert other than a stupid mini-cupcake or something you can get from the local donut shop.
Amen to that! I personally dont like cupcakes that much. I think its the cake to icing ratio that bothers me. :laughing: Would be nice to see something different. I had a strawberry cupcake, I think....and i honestly didnt like it. Tried the grey stuff too and it wasnt bad.

Overall I like that they're increasing it to 2 TS. Maybe now it wont be as difficult to get an ADR. HA! :teeth: And i dont mind paying $55 for a 3 course meal if the food is good. :)

I didn't think it was worth 1 credit, ain't no way I'm giving up 2 credits. We will visit during Lunch.

Edit: If they add a couple of more characters, I can see myself spending $55.

Last edited:
I didn't see the sautéed shrimp and scallops on the revised list -

( tho liked it better in the puff pastry like they used to serve it)

Other than that --- I would be fine with the change other than the price for the children - but might give it a shot with the new menu - my kids are adventurous, and anytime they can have something other than chicken nuggets and
MnC, it's a plus

Fully on board with it.

Hopeful that they change breakfast and lunch to a fixed price TS format, as well.

I dont think that this needs to be a TS venue for breakfast but why the fixed prie menu was never enforced has always been beyond me. I am tired of my meal cost paying to feed the table filled with6 guests sharing plates of pastry, free beverages, and one entree.

I don't disagree with you about catering to everyone, and it's a good point. I would be surprised if the kids menu isn't along the lines of the standard Disney Kids meal with some basic options. I'm just a little surprised they would take their most popular location and make such a drastic change. If this is in fact popular, the lunch and breakfast format are certainly up next to be changed. Getting those reservations just went from hard to get, to impossible.

It is long overdue. If the management does make changes in their policy, you may find that there are suddenly openings available. I have sat through dinner watching a family enjoy water and a few cupcakes. They took up that table but never intended to order dinner. I don't blame them, they were well within the policy, but you can undertand why ADR's were difficult: you did nto need to order in order to enter.

Hmmm, I've dined at my fair share of "signature" restaurants and I'm not sure I've ever noticed a minimum at any of them. Then again, I'm always there for the total package experience so I guess i wouldn't.

Most restaurants are not suffering from the identity crisis that BOG suffers. This restaurant is more of an attraction, centered in the middle of Fantasyland, and rather than a ticket, all you need to enter is an ADR. You do nto even need to eat, just order a cupcake for the table and you are good. I don't know any other restaurant that has removed the expectation of ordering a meal, or at least enough food and cocktails to justify the seat.

We managed to get free DDP and won’t really have time to use the extra credits if we pay for BOG dinner OOP but everyone keeps saying it would be such a waste of 2 TS credits.

Well, with free DDP, I would probably do it. Yes, there are better values for those credits, but if you want to take your friends at dinner instead of lunch, then it makes sense to use what you have for this unless you can find another signature that would fit into your plans and use those credits.

I think this is a good change. I liked BOG before and I think I'll like even better now (although it will cost a bit more). I also think it will open up more ADRs because people will not be willing to spend 2 TS credits on it and others will no longer be able to order only cupcakes and coffee.

I do hope that they retain the CS lunch. The tuna nicoise is one of my favorite lunches on property.

The only beef I have with the change, and what will prevent me from going there for dinner, is that I just can’t justify spending $35 for a 3 year old to eat at a non-character meal. I get at places like CP, Chef Mickey’s, etc., you’re paying for the experience of seeing the characters. But if they’re trying to equate seeing the Beast on your way out of the restaurant with a character meal...yeah, no. We may try it when our son is older and we can justify the cost a little better.

We go to dinner 1-2x each time we go to Disney. This menu and the 2TS kills the appeal to my wife and I and our kids. We plan to make full use of the cs lunch and breakfast while we can this trip in aug as it may be our last time before those are past tense as well. Big miss for those like us who buy the dining plan. The price point and 2TS are a mismatch.

We have eaten lunch & dinner at BOG several times over the years. It’s one of our favorite restaurants. I loved that my daughter could order a steak for dinner and that for lunch it was a QS with a much better menu than most of the other QS restaurants in MK. We have a reservation for PPO breakfast and dinner this May. I am happy to get in one more time before the change. I do understand why they are doing it. Making it 2 TS credits or oop $35 for my 7 year old who will want mac & cheese, no thanks. If they were to turn it into a true character meal, I might change my mind.

While I’m not a fan of the appetizers, I have no problem paying $55 for a good filet & dessert. I pay $60 for Akershus, $43 for Chef Mickey’s? Granted they have more characters but my kids will be happy enough meeting Beast. The deciding factor for us will be if the kids meals are kid approved. Pretty sure my little ones will pass on meeting Beast if it means they eat meatloaf or some other wretched Mickey Check meal. Kids are on vacation too. They don’t want to eat school cafeteria food. And yes I know chicken nuggets and pizza aren’t the healthiest but neither is Mickey ice cream bars or various other things we will be eating. It’s vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter