So How Do We Feel About the Changes to Be Our Guest?

I would never use the dining plan for this meal because 2TS credits are worth much more than $55 in my opinion. You could use 1TS on Boma which is between $40-$45 per person in the summer. With that being said, depending on the quality of filet they have, this may be a deal. Think about what you pay for a filet at other signatures on property. The filet at Flying Fish and Shulas are close to $55 just for the main course. You throw in a beverage, app and dessert and this looks like a pretty good deal if you order the filet and it is of similar size and quality to the filet at other signature restaurants on property.
The filet at Shula's is worth it!!!

I liked the old menu--the steak with the garlic butter...yum. But I'm withholding judgement til the new menu gets completely released. Honestly though, I love the atmosphere enough we'll be back either way (OOP though. :D).

I was shocked to see that the Prix Fixe menu will in fact be replacing the standard dinner menu. Add to that the prices, especially the 2 TS Credit requirement and I am thinking Disney may have over reached here

1) P.T. Barnum was right.
2) At least WDW and Ogre (I mean Iger) think so.
3) Hey, they doubled the price for Mickey-BBQ, and people did not complain.
. . . no change in characters
. . . no change in food quality or variety
. . . they even added an extra-cost admission charge (category 1 and category 2)

Note: NEVER underestimate the gullibility of the American Public.

FWIW if you order 3 courses now it is more than $55 unless you order the cheapest everything.

This is mostly mandating that you will get three courses.

Doesn't bother me any. We never had a desire to do dinner there. Have gone for lunch many times - even that has worn off for us, as we never even tried for ressies our last two trips. There are other restaurants we prefer.

I don't see why or how they are going to keep breakfast and lunch as quick service with this drastic dinner change. It makes no sense to me. At the same time, I hope it doesn't change because I have a QSR in early August at BOG.

I've never been and this completely killed any desire to go. That said, unfortunately our next trip is with first timers who insist on going. So I'll be working over $110 for food I am not excited about. Im already irritated! Lol!
Tell them no. Tell them you think it's the perfect place for them (i.e. romantic if that's appropriate) and you think they should spend the time alone together. Or whatever's appropriate.
Octopus ans Snails, for an appetizer! Don't think so!
Those items are among the (French-inspired) appetizers, not the only ones.

We’ve done several dinners at BOG and I can always say we were underwhelmed. Aside from the West Wing, the theming isn’t all that impressive(don’t even get me started on the Music Box room :rolleyes2). They really wasted a perfect opportunity to go all out with the theming AND food. The movie has a song, with a menu, and the only thing that shows up is the Grey Stuff? And even that isn’t memorable. I’m a die hard BaTB fan from when it came out(originally), and I walked away feeling like we were eating in a hotel ballroom with hotel level food. And the desserts?! It’s a “French” restaurant!! No cremé brûlée? No over the top pastries? They can be done because they have them at almost every other TS. They missed the mark from the start and I can only *hope* this is a step towards a better future. If not, I can’t say it would be on our list anymore :confused3

So...... it's 6:03am EST on Friday 2/23 and Dinner is still not an option for August. Anyone have luck getting a reservation for the new menu yet?

FWIW if you order 3 courses now it is more than $55 unless you order the cheapest everything.
This is mostly mandating that you will get three courses.

True but now they are forcing people to have dessert that normally would not, for example we have two diabetics in our family and normally do not get dessert. With this, all the dessert parties, etc I guess Disney doesn't think this country has a problem with diabetes. So basically I would be paying for something I am not going to eat anyway.

8a ET and still nothing available on the Website. Oh man, I would hate to be working the Dining Reservations call center this morning...LOL!!! From the DPB Website..."Reservations will open this Friday, February 23rd, and can be booked online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE (407-939-3463)". Good luck every one, I can tell you for sure I won't be one of the people on hold forever...

Disney is not in the business of public health. You needn't book.a dessert party or BOG.

True but now they are forcing people to have dessert that normally would not, for example we have two diabetics in our family and normally do not get dessert. With this, all the dessert parties, etc I guess Disney doesn't think this country has a problem with diabetes. So basically I would be paying for something I am not going to eat anyway.

I am sure Disney will be offering an alternative to dessert for those who don't eat sweets, just like they do at the other meals with dessert included.

Thoughts?
When the demand for something is too high - it's time to raise prices.

Also, if you regularly read Dis'Boards, too many people sit inside BOG and seemingly order too little food.

Disney is either raising prices (by way of prix fixe) to: a.) lower demand, and/or b.) to increase check-average.

Will we be spending more?

If we know that BOG is going to be three-courses, we'll just eat less popcorn before getting there. So no, we won't be spending more on food that day.

How do I feel?

We've always been able to get at least one dinner reservation (which we prefer, so we can meet The Beast) and we've always enjoyed our dinner meals. We like the 'exotic' fare that was mentioned (i.e., octopus, etc.).

Bottom line - my family is indifferent.

I am THRILLED with the the new changes, as are the rest of my family. I'm looking forward to the new menu and most of all, an end to the "cupcake crowd". (I have waited tables in the past and BOG dinner always made me cringe for the wait staff) We like to visit restaurants to eat an actual meal. We never do the dining plan so the 2 credit thing doesn't matter to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!