So frustrated!

Our dates were slightly flexible and we were able to snag a 2 bedroom SV lock-off for the week starting Thursday! Logged on for 8am and I was so nervous but really glad it worked out!

Our dates were slightly flexible and we were able to snag a 2 bedroom SV lock-off for the week starting Thursday! Logged on for 8am and I was so nervous but really glad it worked out!

So it was you! I was checking the availablily this morning....it's not my time yet.....I saw a standard view studio BWV room was available at exactly 8:00AM so I clicked out and click in again to see how long it would last and at 8:01AM it was gone. Since you have to have a standard studio to make a 2 bedroom standard, I checked the 2 br. SV and it was gone at 8:01AM, so you did good and got it!! My day to book is next week, so I've been checking to see how long the rooms are lasting before selling out, so was a little shocked to see it gone in 1 minute after the window opened. I will be very anxious next week and will post back. I'll be checking again tomorrow too. But on a good note, the BLT studio standard was still around at 8:05AM, generally those days are gone before the window even opens.....I'll be booking a standard studio at BLT in Feb. for January 2015 (yes, I'm a planner, but you have to be in order to snag these hard to get rooms).

Yes, I got the BLT SV. I just went for the lock-off to be safe.

Good luck though with getting your SV... I'm sure that BWV is really hard to get compared to BLT!

I want to book Oct 18-24 BWV boardwalk view, I just checked and Oct 16 is already soldout for both boardwalk and standard view. I may try tomorrow to get Oct 17 to 24 just to lock it in because I will be traveling for work on Monday.

Congrats! I am a big planner & totally understand! Enjoy your trip!

I want to book Oct 18-24 BWV boardwalk view, I just checked and Oct 16 is already soldout for both boardwalk and standard view. I may try tomorrow to get Oct 17 to 24 just to lock it in because I will be traveling for work on Monday.

Hoping you got your ressie today. I logged on about 8:10AM and there was availability at both standard and BWV and also checked BLT and there was standard studio available too. Tomorrow is my day.....:cool1:

Hoping you got your ressie today. I logged on about 8:10AM and there was availability at both standard and BWV and also checked BLT and there was standard studio available too. Tomorrow is my day.....:cool1:

Hope you get your reservation tomorrow! Keep us posted!

:)

I got it - BWV Oct 17 to 24, boardwalk view studio. That's Friday to Friday. I'll probably arrive either Saturday or Sunday, so I'll cancel a night or two later but I wanted to be sure to get it since I can't be online tomorrow morning.

I got it - BWV Oct 17 to 24, boardwalk view studio. That's Friday to Friday. I'll probably arrive either Saturday or Sunday, so I'll cancel a night or two later but I wanted to be sure to get it since I can't be online tomorrow morning.

Congrats!

I'm going to try for Oct 19-26 BWV std view. I've been watching everyday as these rooms for various dates are booked right at 8 AM so I may or may not get it. I've been staying in std view rooms for Food and Wine for many, many years and I've always been able to book at 11 months. I just can't figure out what's going on this year that makes it so different.

Hope you get your reservation tomorrow! Keep us posted!

:)

Got it! :thumbsup2

I got my ressie right at 8:00AM and was done by 8:03AM. I went back and the first night was gone. Checked a few others to see how fast they were going, then went back to the standard studio and to my surprise it was again available, and not only the 18th, the 17th was now open, so I suspected a walker grabbed their actual reservation and cancelled a "walked" reservation. I know I'm going to kick myself for not booking the 17th, but didn't. This is a 2 week trip for us, so starting tomorrow I'll be on the phone at 9:00AM to add an additional day for the next 7 days. I know some say you don't have to do it that way, but one year I would skip a day, then call and add 2, until one morning the CM said, you are lucky because that was the last room available for that night. That scared me enough that I just do my 5 minute call each morning now because losing a day in the middle of a trip is not a good thing. So now I'm good until February 22 when I have to book my January 2015 trip, and trying to get a standard studio at BLT.

BTW -- I just logged back on and as of 8:30AM the first day for a standard studio is now sold out. The BW view is still there and the first night of the standard view studio BLT is now sold out.

Also, some might appreciate this -- last night I woke up around 1AM to a terrible storm with wind and rain and I thought, oh no I hope I don't lose my internet connection. Started thinking of a backup plan, but didn't need it. But I need a nap now.

Congrats n2mm! That would have made me very nervous if I lost power too the night before I needed to book a room! I'm glad everything worked out.

Thanks!! Now I'm working on my dining reservations for my January and May 2014 trips. Just tweaking because the new cc hold on all reservations starts tomorrow.

We will be arriving on Halloween, and only staying 4 nights. I need a 2 br at BWV. I'm wondering if maybe I should walk it. I had no problem getting a 1 br standard for my trip I just got back from Nov 1-5, but this thread has me nervous. I hope the fact that we check in on Halloween doesn't throw a wrench into our plans. Good luck to everyone trying to book things!

We will be arriving on Halloween, and only staying 4 nights. I need a 2 br at BWV. I'm wondering if maybe I should walk it. I had no problem getting a 1 br standard for my trip I just got back from Nov 1-5, but this thread has me nervous. I hope the fact that we check in on Halloween doesn't throw a wrench into our plans. Good luck to everyone trying to book things!

ARe you trying for the standard 2 br? I would at least start stalking the website in the morning to see how quickly it's going. Your biggest issue is that you are wanting only 4 nights, so folks who are booking 7 nights could impact your reservation because they are booking your nights 3 days earlier. Good luck.

I'm going to try for Oct 19-26 BWV std view. I've been watching everyday as these rooms for various dates are booked right at 8 AM so I may or may not get it. I've been staying in std view rooms for Food and Wine for many, many years and I've always been able to book at 11 months. I just can't figure out what's going on this year that makes it so different.

Did you get it? I logged on at 8:07AM and saw the first day is gone. Wondered how you did.

I have experienced the same problem at different times of the year and at different resorts. Our home resort is SSR and at 11 months out (both for a May stay and October stay) there was never anything available. I questioned this - especially considering the size of the resort and posted my questions and concerns here and got scolded LOL! Glad to hear someone else has the same questions that I did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter