• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

So conflicted about which resort to choose.

You are going to love the WL!!! Honestly I think you will be totally enamoured. I can’t wait to go back and see all the renovations they have done. We stayed at the WL our 1st family trip in 2006. Loved it so much we purchased DVC there! Careful LOL.

It is so beautiful and peaceful there.
It truly is peace away from the parks. The boat ride to MK is really nice. On the way home from Epcot sometimes DD wanted to take the monorail. So we did and then take boat from contemporary to WL. Yes you can take a bus but sometimes DD likes the journey ;-)
I could go on and on :-)
Happy planning
Kerri

I always love looking for alternative transport from the buses. For me, it's half the fun :)

We love WL! You can’t go wrong with the theming. And we’ve stayed at POR, as well, and really liked it. If it comes down to dollars, and since neither offer free dining, POR is a great option for the pocket book. Agree with other PP that you probably won’t need park hoppers this trip with your kids so little.

Thanks everyone - I upgraded to a nature view room at wilderness lodge and dropped he park hopper today! So excited !
I think you made a good choice.

You mentioned DVC in a post. In the future, to save money, look into renting DVC points. This is a great way to be able to experience the deluxe resorts, often for about the same as a moderate would cost directly from Disney. No free dining though, but still a great deal. I personally think the MK area resorts are ideal, especially with your little ones, as I'd assume that will be the most frequented park (it is for me, and I'm 44, LOL!)

Have fun! I bet you're about to fall in love with being on property!

Could you go the opposite direction and try Art of Animation? The rooms are really cute and it’s got a really cute pool and splash pad area. Win/win.

Thanks everyone - I upgraded to a nature view room at wilderness lodge and dropped he park hopper today! So excited !
If we knew of construction, we always moved to another resort. It is our vacation at Disney prices, so we should get what we want and construction for us is not magical. Just remember you can always add the hopper option later if you want; even if you are already there on site. Personally, we always get park hopper tickets to provide us options based upon crowds (wait times) or just want to do something different the rest of the day (we found very helpful when our kids were younger too).

Agree with the other posters that either WL or POR are the way to go. Both are fantastic. The edge goes to WL for sure but if there is a big price difference I’d go POR and use the extra money for meals and souvenirs etc. if you go POR request an upper floor corner room on the mansion side. It’s beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter