So conflicted about which resort to choose.

Bettonskyblue

Earning My Ears
I am so conflicted. I had POR booked- until the free dining came out and I got up super early and waited on the phone for hours to get the free dining (upgrading to deluxe dining) - they changed us to CBR and informed me of the construction but I really had no idea how bad it was until I watched some videos online recently. I am super concerned now. This is our very first time staying on site and I really want the full experience- not food trucks. I am considering upgrading to wilderness lodge mostly because of the boat to MK (9 month old and four year old) I can probably swing the extra money but we won’t have as much spending money leftover. My husband thinks it won’t be a big deal and is hoping it will be done when we go- he’s the money saver and I am the spender. (Last week of September). I hate to wait to make a decision and not be able to get into WL. Ive been planning a while but I am still a novice.
What would you do? WL is the least expensive deluxe close to MK right?

I am so conflicted. I had POR booked- until the free dining came out and I got up super early and waited on the phone for hours to get the free dining (upgrading to deluxe dining) - they changed us to CBR and informed me of the construction but I really had no idea how bad it was until I watched some videos online recently. I am super concerned now. This is our very first time staying on site and I really want the full experience- not food trucks. I am considering upgrading to wilderness lodge mostly because of the boat to MK (9 month old and four year old) I can probably swing the extra money but we won’t have as much spending money leftover. My husband thinks it won’t be a big deal and is hoping it will be done when we go- he’s the money saver and I am the spender. (Last week of September). I hate to wait to make a decision and not be able to get into WL. Ive been planning a while but I am still a novice.
Is WL with free dining even available for your dates at this point? If you could get a standard room I’d definitely say go for it.

How much do you plan on being in the room?

My husband (who is the spender) said after our last trip: sure I'd love to stay at the contemporary but I can't justify deluxe prices when we're gone from 8 AM to 8 PM (and we'll only stay later as the kid gets older)

But if you think that construction might negatively impact your perception of the trip, do Wilderness Lodge if it's available.

Yes thank you. With the two kids being young we are planning on being at the pool a decent amount. We would loose the free dining if we changed but would get a small room discount. I would probably drop our park hopper if we switch too to help make up the difference

If you’re worried about the cost of WL could you switch back to POR like you originally had booked to save money?

I would agree with this idea! If you would lose free dining either way, at least save the money of staying at POR. If staying at WL means no free dining and giving up Hoppers, i wouldn’t suggest that. POR is a very pretty, relaxed resort. The pool is very nice, the food court, restaurant is nice. The grounds are beautiful, and there is the added bonus of the boats to Disney Springs. I would definitely not recommend CSR during this time.

I wouldn't want anyone's first experience on site to be at CBR with all of that construction.

I agree with this, CBR is really not in great shape with all the construction. We just got back from our first stay at WL and it was fantastic, I highly recommend it. POR is also one of our favorite moderates (CSR is the other, but not during the construction) and I would be happy staying there again as well.

If it were me and my family we would probably stay at the resort you’re booked now unless the pool was unable to be used. We would prefer the free dining, although park hoppers aren’t a big deal for us. That being said I would have a 4 yr old and a 12 yr old as well as my penny pincher husband (and a moderate resort would be a treat for us anyway).

Since you’re planning more resort time instead of park time it may be beneficial to go ahead and book WL. I stayed there when I was a kid and very much enjoyed the atmosphere and how quiet it is. I felt like we were camping only it was a lot more fun because we had bunk beds and a cabin.

Is CSR included in free dining? They have construction there too, but it doesn't sound nearly as extensive as the construction at CBR.

My vote is for Wilderness Lodge.

I would probably go back to POR to be honest. I don’t see much point in spending even more on WL if the free dining offer isn’t applicable there. Forgive me for my ignorance, as I’m in the U.K., but does free dining apply to, say, Saratoga Springs? That might be another good option price depending if you get a dining plan included for free.

A coworker recently stayed at CBR under the rationale that the cost savings was too good to pass up and "how bad can it be." When she got back, she told me it is THAT bad--they would not stay at CBR at any price until the construction is done. Go back to POR, or go to Wilderness lodge. You won't regret either choice; they are both lovely.

Yes thank you. With the two kids being young we are planning on being at the pool a decent amount. We would loose the free dining if we changed but would get a small room discount. I would probably drop our park hopper if we switch too to help make up the difference

Switch to WL. As quickly as possible. Especially with the boat to MK, it will be so much easier with children as young as yours. Don't worry about dropping the park hopper. I don't know if you are really going to want to hop with children that young once you get to the resort. I would drop the hopper and switch to WL!

I am always a vote for WL! ( I have only 8 days left til I am there!):dogdance:

If free dining means that much to you though I would go with POR.

We don't think free dining could ever be worth the $ for our family so WL wins every time...Good Luck!

Thanks everyone. I Really want our first time on site to be great. I am hoping this will help me finish convincing my husband to stay on site from here on out and possibly join dvc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter