So about this Hurricane - 10/7 Dream cancelled, 10/7 Magic Canadian, 10/8 now 10/9 Fantasy 6-night

We are scheduled to leave on the Magic on Friday. The ports are showing the Magic at Sydney on 10/10 and Halifax on 10/12 :( If they announce that the itinerary has changed, can we choose not to go and apply our payment to another sailing? I have NO desire to spend that much money to go to Canada. We we really looking forward to a warm vacation.
I think they should offer that option but only time will tell if they do. I am on the 10/22 sailing out of NYC and I wouldn't want to go if it were headed to Canada either. Sometimes they will offer a voucher to save 50% on a future cruise, that might be the only thing that would have me actually doing the Canada cruise. Otherwise I think I would take advantage of my Disney Cruiseline Insurance, cancel for any reason and get back 75% of my cruise fare. I feel for you.

So thankful for those concerned that a decision has officially been made and announced. Praying the current people on board get off safely.

Advisory Message
 SHARE
  • Tropical Weather Update

October 5, 2016 – 4:30 p.m.

Based on the projected path of Hurricane Matthew, as well as its expected impact on the Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:

Disney Dream
    • The October 3 sailing of the Disney Dream is being extended by one day, as Port Canaveral will not be available for the ship’s scheduled arrival on Friday, October 7. We are now planning to disembark in Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, once the Coast Guard has determined that the port is safe for cruise ship operations. We are working with the guests onboard to assist them with their travel arrangements.
    • The October 7 sailing of the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral is being cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for cruise bookings. Guests are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 beginning Monday, Oct. 10, to book a future cruise at a discount.
    Disney Magic
    • The October 7 sailing of the Disney Magic from New York is being changed to a Canadian itinerary, with plans to visit Sydney, Nova Scotia; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Saint John, New Brunswick. Guests who remain on this revised itinerary will receive an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discount OR cancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032.
    Disney Fantasy
    • The October 8 Disney Fantasy sailing from Port Canaveral to the eastern Caribbean is expected to sail as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the weather and make any necessary adjustments.
    While we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our guests and crew. We will continue to closely monitor Hurricane Matthew and provide updates as necessary.

5 days ago the forecast had the storm being a good bit west of castaway cay and no where near Florida at this point. So to say the storm has progressed as forecast is incorrect.
No at that time meteorologist were saying they weren't sure if the storm track would move west, but it was always a possibility. You know the old saying "plan for worst hope for the best". Other cruise lines seem to be handling the situation a lot better. I think if I was booked on one of these cruises it would probably be my last on DCL.

Here is the full update from Disney Cruise

Tropical Weather Update
October 5, 2016 – 4:30 p.m.

Based on the projected path of Hurricane Matthew, as well as its expected impact on the Bahamas, Disney Cruise Line is making the following adjustments to itineraries:

Disney Dream

• The October 3 sailing of the Disney Dream is being extended by one day, as Port Canaveral will not be available for the ship’s scheduled arrival on Friday, October 7. We are now planning to disembark in Port Canaveral on Saturday, October 8, once the Coast Guard has determined that the port is safe for cruise ship operations. We are working with the guests onboard to assist them with their travel arrangements.
  • The October 7 sailing of the Disney Dream from Port Canaveral is being cancelled. Refunds will automatically be processed back to the original form of payment used for cruise bookings. Guests are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 beginning Monday, Oct. 10, to book a future cruise at a discount.
Disney Magic

• The October 7 sailing of the Disney Magic from New York is being changed to a Canadian itinerary, with plans to visit Sydney, Nova Scotia; Halifax, Nova Scotia; and Saint John, New Brunswick. Guests who remain on this revised itinerary will receive an onboard credit. Guests who would like to rebook a future sailing at a discount OR cancel their sailing for a full refund are invited to call us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032.
Disney Fantasy

• The October 8 Disney Fantasy sailing from Port Canaveral to the eastern Caribbean is expected to sail as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the weather and make any necessary adjustments.

Anyone know any info on the fantasy leaving PC on Saturday?

Disney Fantasy
I'm watching this as my family and I are supposed to sail on this cruise.

Official email just arrived. I'm fine with this solution. Now to get out the calendar and find another date!

We want to let you know that we have made the difficult decision to cancel the October 7, 2016, sailing of the Disney Dream based on the projected path of Hurricane Matthew, as well as the impact the storm is expected to have on the Bahamas.

The latest reports from the National Weather Service and National Hurricane Center indicate Hurricane Matthew is likely to move along parts of the Florida coastline beginning tomorrow. As a result, Port Canaveral will not be available for our scheduled departure on Friday.

We know this information is disappointing, and hope you understand that while we always strive to deliver magical cruise vacations, nothing is more important to us than providing a safe experience for our Guests and Crew.

Guests booked on this sailing will automatically receive a refund back to the original payment used for their cruise booking. Should you have questions or wish to sail with us at another time and receive a 20% discount on a future cruise reservation taken prior to the end of 2017, please contact us at 1-866-325-3905 or 407-566-7032 beginning Monday, October 10.

We truly appreciate your understanding regarding this necessary cancellation and hope that you will sail with us in near future.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

No at that time meteorologist were saying they weren't sure if the storm track would move west, but it was always a possibility. You know the old saying "plan for worst hope for the best". Other cruise lines seem to be handling the situation a lot better. I think if I was booked on one of these cruises it would probably be my last on DCL.
Anything is always possible. But five days ago. Florida was not in the cone.. Now it is very much in the cone with potential for center of circulation landfall within the state. The point is these things can and do change course and are unpredictable. The post I was replying to was wrong to say this storm has acted as forecasted for a week because it has not.

That seems pretty fair? All things considered. Just wish they'd made the decisions a bit sooner for people.
It still leaves the people on the Oct 8 in Limbo. I'm sure many of them aren't going to be able to fly in on Thursday or Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter