SO, 8 months we back,again : 14 days of gluttony & guilt: PLETHORA O' PICS 5/6/23-5/19/23

3 BRIDGES
The first time we had 3 bridges we absolutely adored it.

3 bridges menu.jpg

3 bridges tomato bread.jpg
I absolutely raved about it to everybody
I talked to and now it was very lackluster.

3 bridges steak.jpg
My wife thought her steak was okay,
The only thing that stood out was the fries still they are excellent.
3 bridges burger.jpg
It WAS one of the best burgers on property but for some reason it dropped hard.
Now not close.

We will not return unless something drastic changed.
Oopsie this bridge collapsed on us.

Last edited:
SARATOGA SPRINGS
ARTIST'S PALETTE
( many visits in NO order)
Since we stay 9 nights at Saratoga springs we always enjoy getting food from Artist's Palette.
Food there is great, it's very convenient. Great selection for breakfast.

AP bounty & strata.jpg
The French toast strata is a winner. A great sweet start.
Eggs could be better but everything else is great. Except for the crappy biscuit.

AP kids mac.jpg
Since for some reason we're on a mac & cheese kick during this trip. We had to try
the kids version since that's the only one available and it was pretty good.
I don't understand why they serve it with chips, but hey why not have some more potatoes.

AP meatball polenta.jpg
Polenta meatballs are perfect meaty balls that explode
deliciousness into your mouth every bite.

AP pizza.jpg
Pizza is freshly hand tossed here and it's always good.

AP quiche.jpg
We never had the quiche before, we were excited to try it.
This did not let us down It was wonderful we would definitely get it again.

AP quiche cut.jpg

AP Saratoga salad.jpg
The wife enjoyed the salad I try a bit of it too and I liked it.

AP shrimp grits & strata.jpg
The shrimp & grits are only served at breakfast but they are stupendous.
Really need to add the shrimp to the menu all day long.
French toast strata again is still a winner. Two time champ this trip.

AP steak sand.jpg
Being from Philly not sure why the hell I would order this and expect it to be
good. It was not when you live in Philly. Good chips. Beef was very
dried out and odd topping choice. Should really had come with a bowl of
Au'Jus for dipping.

As someone who recently started a weight management program: you absolutely can eat healthy at Disney and anywhere else! It’s been a struggle some days but happy to say I’m down 14 pounds! This report definitely is a reminder it can be done!

My family and I were also disappointed by Casey’s the last time (though thankfully a restaurant in our town now has corn dog nuggets as a rotating special app so we are happy lol!)

Now I want homecomin lol! Neve had dessert there because we’ve always been so full but i must tell my family we have to rectify that!

That’s PBJ ice cream looks DIVINE and agreed looks like a lot for the price! Excellent deal

Thank you for the Rounduo BBQ review! It’s on our list of maybe and it might become a have to!

And the most important question from this collector of the item I’m about to ask about:

Did your wife keep the rubber duck?

So give us a rating of the bread puddings you had this trip!
From the ones THIS TRIP:
BH bread pudding.jpg
1. Boathouse, only one comes near this is Sebastian's

HOB bread pudding.jpg
2. House Of Blues. Very good, needs ice cream

Oscar's bread pudding & frittata.jpg
3. Oscar's buffet. Good but needed a sauce or cream.

F&G bread pudding.jpg
4. America booth. Not much to speak of, but since we only had 4 it defaults to fourth place.

We needed LOTS more but with so many new treats we had to cut some old
favorites out this trip. December we'll make up for it promise.

Fantastic reviews!! I'm so sad to hear that the baked potato flatbread at Territory Lounge didn't live up to its potential. It's been on my list to try for a while as I love anything and everything potato. I am forever looking for good burgers so will have to seek out Turf Club's. Sad to hear 3 Bridges wasn't as good as you remembered. I've only been there for Sangria University but this is another on my "to try" list. Totally agree with you on Boathouse in general and specifically their burger! Great tip to get the sauces at Satu'li Canteen on the side. New dishes at Homecomin' sound terrific. So happy to hear you enjoyed Wine Bar George ... I think it's a gem. I'm sure there was more I wanted to comment on, but I've forgotten. Thanks for sharing such great reviews!

Fantastic reviews!! I'm so sad to hear that the baked potato flatbread at Territory Lounge didn't live up to its potential. It's been on my list to try for a while as I love anything and everything potato. I am forever looking for good burgers so will have to seek out Turf Club's. Sad to hear 3 Bridges wasn't as good as you remembered. I've only been there for Sangria University but this is another on my "to try" list. Totally agree with you on Boathouse in general and specifically their burger! Great tip to get the sauces at Satu'li Canteen on the side. New dishes at Homecomin' sound terrific. So happy to hear you enjoyed Wine Bar George ... I think it's a gem. I'm sure there was more I wanted to comment on, but I've forgotten. Thanks for sharing such great reviews!
Flatbread was worth a go, but ours was not really even warm. I was gonna send it back but it took a bit to
come out and it was no biggie.

Boathouse is always the best burger & Turf Club lounge. I have had Boathouse 6-7 times now and it is
always perfect and never falters.

If you think of anything else just ask, thanks for reading.

3 BRIDGES
The first time we had 3 bridges we absolutely adored it.

View attachment 763213

View attachment 763215
I absolutely raved about it to everybody
I talked to and now it was very lackluster.

View attachment 763214
My wife thought her steak was okay,
The only thing that stood out was the fries still they are excellent.
View attachment 763212
It WAS one of the best burgers on property but for some reason it dropped hard.
Now not close.

We will not return unless something drastic changed.
Oopsie this bridge collapsed on us.
We found Three Bridges to be underwhelming on our last trip as well. We only got apps but the pan con tomate was served cold and the oaxaca cheese dip wasn't nearly as good at our previous trip. We've put this off the list for now as well. Great view from there though...We love everything we've had at Artist Palette. A hidden gem! You've convinced me to add a HS day to our trip next year to try the Round up Rodeo. We have such similar tastes, I always go by your recommendations! Thanks for another great report!

Last edited:
What amazing reviews! Thank you so much. I love the commentary :). We will be visiting this October w/ our adult daughter and her DH. I never thought of Woody's but it looks fabulous!

Have you had the burger at Steakhouse 71? I wonder how it compares to Boathouse. This trip we will be staying at WL and Poly...I have heard varying reviews on the Geyser Point burger...

You are an inspiration. Thanks again for the reviews :)

We found Three Bridges to be underwhelming on our last trip as well. We only got apps but the pan con tomate was served cold and the oaxaca cheese dip wasn't nearly as good at our previous trip. We've put this off the list for now as well. Great view from there though...We love everything we've had at Artist Palette. A hidden gem! You've convinced me to add a HS day to our trip next year to try the Round up Rodeo. We have such similar tastes, I always go my your recommendations! Thanks for another great report!

What amazing reviews! Thank you so much. I love the commentary :). We will be visiting this October w/ our adult daughter and her DH. I never thought of Woody's but it looks fabulous!

Have you had the burger at Steakhouse 71? I wonder how it compares to Boathouse. This trip we will be staying at WL and Poly...I have heard varying reviews on the Geyser Point burger...

You are an inspiration. Thanks again for the reviews :)

I had Steakhouse71 shortly after it opened and thought it was barely mediocre. So it most certainly can not hold a candle to Boathouse. Boathouse is by far superior. I've had Boathouse burger more than 6 times and it is always perfect.

Geyser is good, at times. It missed once for us.

Thanks, I'm glad I inspire. Welcome. If you haven't read the past reviews check them out.

2022 Sept
2022 Jan

Last edited:
We found Three Bridges to be underwhelming on our last trip as well. We only got apps but the pan con tomate was served cold and the oaxaca cheese dip wasn't nearly as good at our previous trip. We've put this off the list for now as well. Great view from there though...We love everything we've had at Artist Palette. A hidden gem! You've convinced me to add a HS day to our trip next year to try the Round up Rodeo. We have such similar tastes, I always go by your recommendations! Thanks for another great report!
Shame 3 Bridges went downhill. No biggie, it was a slight pain to go over there. Plenty of easy to get BETTER burgers anyway. Plus the tomato bread at Jaleo is bliss. I need to try it again in December to see if it still holds up.

Round Up is now on every trip here on out for us. Unless in Dec it sucks than it will be dead to me. Hope that
doesn't happen. Although I wish there was a stand in Toy Story area that sold those biscuits & Jelly & Fried pickles.

Happy to hear you like my recommendations, thanks. Glad you liked the great report.

We had to get a rontu wrap at docking bay 7 last trip and it also sucked. But then we got one at actual rontu roasters and it was back to being great. They said when they send the days leftovers to docking bay 7, they get wrapped up and held warm. Ish. And dry out by the minute.
When you go back, give the OG a try.

We had to get a rontu wrap at docking bay 7 last trip and it also sucked. But then we got one at actual rontu roasters and it was back to being great. They said when they send the days leftovers to docking bay 7, they get wrapped up and held warm. Ish. And dry out by the minute.
When you go back, give the OG a try.
Good to know, but I never thought from Ronto Roasters it was ever that great when we first had it.
Plus had it enough so it makes room for much better options. Thanks

STUDIOS
VIVOLI GELATO CART ( outside Muppets)

View attachment 762931
When were heard there was POG juice gelato we had to try it,
this is the same carts at Riviera which we enjoy. When the guy at the cart
was ringing my order he asked for a tip " help us guys out" I flat out
told him I did, I bought over priced gelato kept you in a job.
Was shocked he flat out asked at all and they way he did it.
So rude and you took my credit card dude not waited tables.
Not everything requires tipping. GTFOH !
Oh yea the flavor was refreshingly good.
The tipping thing is kinda surprising at Disney! Is this an independent snack vendor?

I would like to try that POG gelato though 😂

BOATHOUSE
2nd visit
View attachment 763208
All the times here my wife never got this so she was gonna rectify that.
She loved it. I had the most baby sip and icky. Had to try though.
Important thing is she enjoyed it.

View attachment 763209
We get this a lot and since we had the coconut a few day earlier we needed more
shrimp. So dang delicious. There is a good bit in there too.

View attachment 763206
Wife was hankering for a burger and she loved it.
She did give me her pickle since I never can have enough. Great lady.

View attachment 763205
Yup another burger. I never tire of them. I did sub the fries for the
red potatoes which I never had and loved them. Not shown was a side of
fresh garlic butter I requested and doused the spuds in it. SO GOOD.
December I will do this again!

View attachment 763207
Cooked perfectly

View attachment 763210
Yup still worth it.

We skipped dessert since we had stuff back at the room although we contemplated
the bread pudding again. Looking back we should have. I SUCK.....
Lovin all of your posts. BH is our family favorite and we will have to try that Turtle pie next time yummy! I think I need those Homecomin pickles too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter