SmallWorld - New build is online!

Posted on the Smallworld Forums
Yes! The one you have been waiting for is here.

SmallWorlds will be taken offline Thursday 11th September @ 3pm PDT.

The site could be down for about 4 - 6 hours while we upgrade to the next beta release.

Thank you for your patience.

Cool. Can't wait although I'm going to have to wait until saturday to check it out.

Heres a thought...why don't we start of list of Dis'er's with rooms that would like to "up their stats" to hopefully make it to the "Top 100". Everyone on the list would hopefully try their best to visit each other person on the list at least once each time they log on. The only rules could be 1) The room must be owned by a disboard member and 2) Only 1 room per member.
Thoughts? In any event, it could give us something to do once we burn through the latest missions!

Ned, it is a nice thought but I would wait to see what Smallworlds feels on the comments presented about the "Top 100". Seems to be a great debate going on over there. If you have not been over there, here is the thread - http://forum.smallworlds.com/showthread.php?t=918

I know for me, I would prefer a total reset just to make the game even level for everyone. No matter how they choose the Top 100, people will be bitter and angry to some degree.

But back to the release, I cannot wait to create missions and to see all my old friends who hopefully will return to Smallworlds. Sounds like we will need to create some mission help threads this weekend. :)

Oh, I agree about the "Top 100"...I'd rather we all started equal as well. BUT, it couldn't hurt to start getting those "visits" up, LOL. I've been following that discussion, and I have to say it's one of the more well thought out and well-debated threads on their forum in a while. :lmao:

I know everyone is NOT as good at time conversions as I am I just wanted to let you all know that upgrade is well underway as it started at 6:00pm EST

:rotfl:

OK I Logged on to get a quick look, have to wait after work ROFL

I briefly saw new shops, new wearable items, magic type of things, and a massive arcade

Now to get home and see what its all really about... clock watcher today haha

New build is awesome!

1433891205.png

The new build just doesn't do anything for me. I never was into quests on VMK, I did them because I had to, never enjoyed them. I'm finding it the same way with these missions. I'm just not enjoying them, especially ones those arcade games that I cannot play. So ditto, on that big arcade center. Not my kind of thing.

What I want is to shop, and I want new clothes. As far as I can tell, we got a new bubble/puffy type jacket. Uh no....

So, I will wait until October and see what that brings to the game. Otherwise, I'm done. I'll probably work on one of my xp's to bring it up to 40, but that will be the last time I log in until October, unless new clothes make an appearance and another way to earn tokens....

I think this game is going to appeal more to the vmkers who were gamers and the real techie geeks. I can see myself playing here now long term.

I played a pretty complicated user created quest yesterday. There are many things you can do with the engine. It was impressive.

The only complaint I really have is they gave us such minimal earning capabilities. I am glad they are paying attention to us but I think they still don't understand we need to buy many of EVERYTHING @_@ haha.

Overall I love the new additions, and now need to work my way up to some big XP and the high priced inventory options :)

I played a pretty complicated user created quest yesterday. There are many things you can do with the engine. It was impressive.
There seems to be a lot of potential for creativity. Between puttering around in our rooms, playing with widgets, and now the ability to create quests, there's a lot to do, even for those of us who don't play the arcade games.
What I want is to shop, and I want new clothes. As far as I can tell, we got a new bubble/puffy type jacket. Uh no....
I find it ironic that clothing choices are so scarce on SmallWorlds, while my backpack is overflowing with outfits on Wizard 101, which I don't really consider to be a social game.
The only complaint I really have is they gave us such minimal earning capabilities. I am glad they are paying attention to us but I think they still don't understand we need to buy many of EVERYTHING @_@ haha.
You're right; I don't think they've ever gotten that. And unbelievably, it's going to be harder than ever to decorate a room after the launch, because prices will be higher and it will take longer to earn tokens. :confused3

This quote is from their update a week ago:
During the beta we have to compress the time it takes to achieve things in the world, including buying items and levelling up. To achieve this we have made items cheaper than they would normally be, and made missions and other activities give out more XP than they would normally. Within weeks, many people have spaces packed with items, and have hit the top levels in all the XP paths. Normally this would take several months to achieve.
Being able to customize your personal space is the major draw of SmallWorlds. They may have miscalculated how long players are willing to wait to get the items they want for their room.

I don't think they miscalculated...I think that's what they're counting on. they'll be able to "sell" subscriptions so players get tokens to decorate their rooms. Depending on the price/month, I'd be willing to pay. I really like what I've seen so far, although I've only had an hour or so to really play this weekend, LOL.

I don't think they miscalculated...I think that's what they're counting on. they'll be able to "sell" subscriptions so players get tokens to decorate their rooms. Depending on the price/month, I'd be willing to pay. I really like what I've seen so far, although I've only had an hour or so to really play this weekend, LOL.

Very well could be Ned, I just hope they price it correctly, otherwise I think its going to hurt them. Still think we need to earn more as well, I think it keeps us busy. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter