slo’s TUESDAY poll - Schitt’s Creek?

Schitt’s Creek - What’s your opinion of this show?

• I love it

Votes: 71 49.3%
  • I like it

Votes: 16 11.1%
  • I somewhat like it

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • It’s just so so

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • I’ve never watched it, but I’ve heard of it

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • I’ve never watched it - no desire

Votes: 11 7.6%
  • I’ve never watched it, but I want to

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I’ve never heard of it

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 7 4.9%

• Total voters
Same. It's like saying Tom Hanks is that guy from Big.

It took me a few episodes to get into it because I couldn't stand one of the actors (Chris Elliot). Once I got past it, I binged the show like crazy.

There isn't a lot of crude humor and double entendres. It's not like what's on tv now. You can trust me, give it an honest shot.
:thanks:This is absolutely perfect!

We started watching the past few months, at the end of season 2 now. We often watch 2-3 episodes on a Saturday night. Love David and Stevie especially.

We just started streaming it and we really like it. It is easily in the top 5 funniest shows we have seen. None of the actors/actresses really stood out when we saw the description but figured we would give American Pie dad and Home Alone mom a shot and we are glad we did. We are about half way through season 2 now.

I think this series has a lot in common with Arrested Development (before it came back) and Always Sunny. None of the three would be funny if you just say one random episode. They are funny once you know the characters and see the episodes knowing their history.

Last edited:
I love it. Love the characters, especially David. We have about another 5 episodes left to finish. Love Moira’s cadence in her speech. It’s perfect.

Other -- I started to watch it but couldn't get into it, so we gave up after a few episodes. But everyone else seems to love it, and say that it doesn't hit its stride till later, so maybe we need to give it another try.
I think I watched an episode and a half a few years ago and really didn't like it. Last year I broke my foot and wound up binge watching it. Once I got past the first few episodes I really fell in love with the characters.

We had a hard time realizing that Moira was also the mom on Home Alone.
My first thought whenever I see her is Beetlejuice.

It took me a few episodes to get into it because I couldn't stand one of the actors (Chris Elliot). Once I got past it, I binged the show like crazy.
This was the turnoff for me as well. I really could not stand him. He's still the same character throughout the show, but it almost felt like they were trying too hard in the first few episodes. In the beginning he was just too cringey and awkward for me.

I think you go from not liking any of them to loving them.
The character development is great. I found myself tearing up a bit in almost every episode as the show went on. It was touching to watch their love and maturity grow. I don't think I ever liked the Roland character, but I did soften as his genuine care and friendship built.

I think this series has a lot in common with Arrested Development (before it came back) and Always Sunny. None of the three would be funny if you just say one random episode. They are funny once you know the characters and see the episodes knowing their history.

I did watch more than a season of Arrested Development and I didn't really like that, either.

Love the show because of the one liners and how ridiculous the entire story is, I mean the "kids" are around 30 and in single beds griping all the time, plus Moira's accent just cracks me up. I get at least one shhhhh per episode for laughing, but on average I'd give it four :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I had heard about it for quite a while before we decided to try it. I thought the first episode was a bit much. It reminded me of going back now to watch Gilligan's Island and how awful that was. But we kept going and, after a few episodes we really liked it. Then as the seasons went on it just got better and better. I did not think it was laugh out loud funny most of the times. It was the serious parts that pulled me in with little bits of humor during the serious scenes. Patrick.... sigh!

I don't even have words for how much I love it. You go from laughing at the characters, to laughing with them, to loving them and before you realise what's happening you're crying at an unexpectedly moving moment. It's just so positive and joyful and easy to watch.

I finished my second binge just last week and watched the behind the scenes doc (Best Wishes, Warmest Regards) after it and even that had me bawling my eyes out.

Love that show! My mom and I have matching Rose Apothecary crew neck sweatshirts and my dad has a Rosebud Motel hoodie.

I watched the first episode - thought it was OK. Does it get better? To be fair, I just finished watching all of New Girl on Netflix and it's nowhere near that good. Could be I've set the bar too high.

I watched the first episode - thought it was OK. Does it get better? To be fair, I just finished watching all of New Girl on Netflix and it's nowhere near that good. Could be I've set the bar too high.
Well, first they have to do the setup of why the Roses are so out of touch and then the silliness of how they won't let go is a backdrop.

It took me about three runs at Breaking Bad before I got it. I would sit and then just walk away, then someone else would rave and I'd try again, only after the third time did it get me. Come to think of it my first attempt at the Harry Potter series was ehhh, it took a bit of an investment to see the magic.

Well, first they have to do the setup of why the Roses are so out of touch and then the silliness of how they won't let go is a backdrop.

It took me about three runs at Breaking Bad before I got it. I would sit and then just walk away, then someone else would rave and I'd try again, only after the third time did it get me. Come to think of it my first attempt at the Harry Potter series was ehhh, it took a bit of an investment to see the magic.

Breaking Bad may be my favorite series ever. I binged that in two months. My SO even got a “Walt” Disney shirt for our trip that year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter