slo’s TUESDAY 4/2 poll - Breakfast Meats 🥓

Breakfast Meats - Which ones do you enjoy most and where do you eat it?

• Bacon

Votes: 87 74.4%
  • Sausage Patties

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sausage Links

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • Ham

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • Canadian Bacon

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Steak

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I make my favorites at home

Votes: 63 53.8%
  • I eat my favorites in a restaurant

Votes: 64 54.7%
  • I don’t eat breakfast meats

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 14 12.0%

• Total voters
We have a Scottish breakfast delicacy called Lorne or Square Sausage - can be part of a fry up or on its' own in a breakfast roll with fried onions and brown sauce - not to be confused with HP Sauce!
1712068953563.png

1712068977796.png
1712069030540.png

My favorite is sausage links, but occasionally I’ll order bacon and request that it be crispy.

Both parents enjoyed Scapple but I haven’t had it in over 45 years.

Pork roll is good too.

Stink? That's scent....scent. :)

That *scent* used to sell a lot of biscuits/gravy for my high school class when we set up concessions at early morning school events (and especially on colder mornings). :woohoo: We always had some bacon frying just to draw folks in.

To answer Slo's question, though... bacon is the only breakfast meat we haven't compromised on. We'll eat turkey sausage (ground and links), but DH just refused to accept turkey bacon. So, we get the low-sodium option and limit it to a couple of slices on the weekend. Oh, and we eat at home almost exclusively these days.

We are just home from a transatlantic cruise. Every day we would go to the dining room for breakfast and every day we would order English bacon with our meal. It was always available.
This back bacon is far tastier than American bacon and, not being overly cooked doesn't become hard and brittle.
Each to their own but bacon should be eaten with a knife and fork not fingers!

ford family

Breakfast meats are something many of us enjoy with our eggs. When I went to Easter Brunch there was a man that was taking a plate full of bacon like it was his last meal - LOL! This guy is actually the inspiration for today’s poll. So tell us……

What breakfast meats do you enjoy most?
Do you make them at home or do you only eat them at a restaurant?
(multiple choice)

For Me……Sausage links are my favorite with bacon being a close second. When at a restaurant for breakfast I will always order sausage links. My DH loves making a Sunday breakfast and many times he will serve sausage links for me. Other times he serves sausage patties because he likes that (I like sausage patties ok - I will eat them with maple syrup on them). Bacon is DH’s favorite and he’ll make that outside on the grill or Blackstone once it’s warm out - it stinks up the house, and it lingers in the house for days, so that’s why we cook it outside most of the time.

View attachment 847418
I love bacon, even chicken bacon but I also like the rest as well. My husband loves all the sausages and puddings that are really also sausages. He spends a lot of money to get British style sausages here. I can’t be bothered with any of those especially Black Pudding which is a sausage made of pigs blood. 🤢

I like the little fat sausages you get in diners, and I chose Other as well because I *love* creamed chipped beef on white toast, also at a diner. I make creamed chip beef at home sometimes.
I have not had that since I was a kid. My nana called it SOS.

My favorite breakfast meat is corned beef hash. While not just a breakfast meat, I also really like huevos con chorizo.

I rarely eat breakfast meat at home. In fact, I'm not really into breakfast. It's usually in a restaurant or free breakfast at a hotel. Based on the standard options, I will always pick sausage links or patties ahead of bacon. I love bacon, but more as a complimentary food for burgers and other dinner dishes.
Well the chorizo is certainly a meat. I’m a fan of huevos

Bacon!!
did-you-say-bacon-450x300.jpg

I rarely eat a full breakfast, but I'll have eggs n meat for lunch or dinner every now and then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter