• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s SATURDAY poll - Christmas Movies

Christmas Movies - How many have you watched so far?

• 1-2

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • 3-5

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • 6-8

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • 9-11

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 12-15

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • 15 or more

• None - I don’t watch Christmas movies

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • None - I haven’t had time to watch Christmas movies

• None - just none

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
I said 9-11 but that is a guess. I have watched multiple Hallmarky movies on Amazon and Netflix. They are easy fluff to watch after night shifts. Have not watched any of the classics yet as I save those until right before Christmas so I will watch it this week.

None. I just haven't had the time or really the inclination. I've gone downstairs and they've been on so I've caught a few minutes here and there, but I haven't sat and actually watched. I've been watching a lot of Holiday baking challenges and stuff like that, though. I enjoy those kinds of things more than movies.

So far…

Home Alone 1
Home Alone 2
Santa Clause
Love Actually
Love Hard
The Holiday

Binged 4 seasons of The Great Christmas Light Fight. 🎄🎅🏼🤶🏼🎄

Our "wind down" lately has been a cheesy Hallmark Christmas movie after dinner. We've watched a bunch!

The ONLY Christmas movie that matters, Female Trouble by John Waters starring Divine. I can't post a video because of foul language, but here are some stills.

"What are THESE??!!!"

Attachments

• 1639855839020.png
    1639855839020.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 0
We’ve watched a few but we still have to watch the one we always watch which is The Family Man. I guess it may not be entirely a Christmas movie but it starts and ends with Christmas so it’s just something we’ve done.

So far:
Love, Actually
Christmas Vacation
The Santa Clause
A Boy Named Christmas
Home Alone
Elf
Scrooged
Holiday Inn
original Miracle on 34th Street
Reginald Owen A Christmas Carol
Four Christmases
The Holiday
Holiday Affair
The Family Stone

Cartoons so far:
A Charlie Brown Christmas
The Snowman
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
The Night Before Christmas
Frosty Returns

A Muppet Family Christmas
John Denver and The Muppets A Christmas Together

Last edited:
I voted 12-15. I've seen several Hallmark/Lifetime./etc. ones already, as well as "Miracle on 34th Street" - which is always my Thanksgiving movie, and "Home Alone" - which is the one DS and I always watch together.

I know it’s been on a few times already, but I save It’s A Wonderful Life for Christmas Eve.

DH and I always used to watch that one after DS went to bed on Christmas Eve. (This year, we're planning to watch it Christmas morning while we're waiting for him to wake up. :rotfl: )

And, as many already mentioned, we also always catch some of the "A Christmas Story" marathon.

I haven’t watched any yet, but I will watch “White Christmas“ between now and Christmas Eve. I will probably catch some of “It’s A Wonderful Life” on Christmas Eve.

We have watched a few Hallmark movies, because they are predictable and cheesy. We will probably watch Elf, Santa Clause, and a few others once DD21 comes home next week. She likes the more recent ones instead of the classics.

I'm not much into watching Christmas movies. About the only one we watched when I was a kid was "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol." If I'm going to watch any Christmas movie, it's that one. I caught the tail end of both Charlie Brown and White Christmas this week, but only because DD and DH were watching them and I wandered into the kitchen (which overlooks the TV room).

I haven’t had a minute to watch any yet this year . The ones I always watch are Home Alone , Elf , Polar Express and my very favorite Arthur Christmas! I haven’t heard any one mention it yet . It’s so good !!!

We will watch Albert Finney’s “A Christmas Carol” on Christmas. It’s probably our favorite version!
There’s only one Christmas movie that I don’t mind watching over and over and that’s A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott.

Scrooge, with Albert Finney, is my favorite. I cried when Leslie Bricusse, who wrote the songs and score, passed away earlier this year. Thank You Very Much, Mr. Bricusse!

The George C. Scott version seems more faithful to the book, and is my second favorite version. It’s a much darker film, more true to the times of Dickens.

My third favorite version is the Muppets Christmas Carol. “Light the lamp, not the rat!”

How many Christmas movies have you watched so far?

For Me……7
The Santa Clause ✅
The Christmas Chronicles ✅
Christmas Vacation ✅
White Christmas ✅
Fred Claus ✅
The Santa Clause 3 ✅
The Grinch (Jim Carrey) ✅

We still need to watch Elf, The Polar Express and Christmas With the Kranks.
DD18 gets bummed out if we watch certain ones (the 3 left to watch being some of those) without her, so we wait until she’s home. Now that she’s done with finals, I’m hoping we can watch the last 3 this upcoming week,
You're missing Die Hard in your list. And if you say it's not a Christmas movie, prepare because I'm coming and we're fighting, LOL.

I haven't watched any yet actually.

no cable and fear of Polar express on Harkins tuesdays covid.....though telemundo, best station in north america may still come thru with a christmasmovie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter