slo’s SATURDAY poll - Christmas Movies

Christmas Movies - How many have you watched so far?

• 1-2

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • 3-5

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • 6-8

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • 9-11

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 12-15

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • 15 or more

• None - I don’t watch Christmas movies

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • None - I haven’t had time to watch Christmas movies

• None - just none

• Other - please post your answer

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
How many Christmas movies have you watched so far?

For Me……7
The Santa Clause ✅
The Christmas Chronicles ✅
Christmas Vacation ✅
White Christmas ✅
Fred Claus ✅
The Santa Clause 3 ✅
The Grinch (Jim Carrey) ✅

We still need to watch Elf, The Polar Express and Christmas With the Kranks.
DD18 gets bummed out if we watch certain ones (the 3 left to watch being some of those) without her, so we wait until she’s home. Now that she’s done with finals, I’m hoping we can watch the last 3 this upcoming week,

None so far.

I know it’s been on a few times already, but I save It’s A Wonderful Life for Christmas Eve.

A Christmas Story gets watched two or three times during its 24 hour marathon.

May or may not watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

Everything else is skippable. If I happen to catch something, fine. If not, no big deal.

I stay far, far away from any schmaltzy Hallmark or Lifetime movies.

None so far.

I know it’s been on a few times already, but I save It’s A Wonderful Life for Christmas Eve.

A Christmas Story gets watched two or three times during its 24 hour marathon.

May or may not watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.

Everything else is skippable. If I happen to catch something, fine. If not, no big deal.

I stay far, far away from any schmaltzy Hallmark or Lifetime movies.

LOL - Me too (about the Hallmark movies)

We always watch A Christmas Carol on Christmas Eve. I would watch the Hallmark movies if they were not so sappy and predictable.

Reactions: NAB
I was off on vacation so I had time to watch some stuff, and I started at the beginning of December lol

Christmas Vacation
A Christmas Story
Home Alone
Home Alone 2
Elf

As far as new stuff goes, I did see Home Sweet Home Alone (didn't love it, but didn't hate it), 8 Bit Christmas, and a few Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies. Ended up seeing one last night that I had never seen before on Lifetime that had "the Fonz" in it. It was kind of old, don't know I had not seen that before.

Since I am watching tv via an antenna this year, I don’t have nearly as many choices as I had in the past. I have a couple different Christmas Carol DVDs that I have watched, and there have been some really bad movies on the ION network that make the Hallmark movies look like Oscar winners. I knew it would be slim pickings when I dumped the satellite, but it’s okay.

I'm not really into that and since DS is now grown, we don't watch the holiday cartoon specials anymore either. We will watch a couple over the course of the season. I've seen one so far; A Boy Called Christmas on Netflix, which we watched a week ago after finishing the decorating.

I was on vacation, so we are still catching up on our regular shows. Should be tonight. Then we can move on to Christmas movies.
So, we have only watched one....Krampus

I love watching Christmas movies! So far...

A Christmas Story
Christmas Vacation
The Bishop's Wife
Holiday Affair
The Santa Claus (1 and 2)
Prancer
White Christmas
The Preacher's Wife
Miracle on 34th St. (original)
A Christmas Carol (George C. Scott version)
Muppets Christmas Carol
Elf

...and more to go! Do not care for the Hallmark or Lifetime movies at all.

Hope everyone has fun watching their favorites!

Now you've inspired me. I haven't watched any yet. But things have been busy. Finished Christmas shopping last night. Just going to the ballet tomorrow and then things will suddenly get very relaxed. Plenty of time for sappy holiday films.

I usually at least watch White Christmas and Christmas in Connecticut. Love those two films. Danny Kaye is so dreamy. Rosemary Clooney is my hero.

Sometimes Scrooged, Gremlins and Trading Places too. Every once in a while, Elf and A Christmas Story.

We watch Elf on Thanksgiving every year to kick off the season. DD was here this week and we did “Mini-mas,” all of our Christmas traditions packed into one day which includes Christmas movies running in the background all day.

Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas 1&2
The Grinch (Jim Carey version)
Polar Express
Elf (again)
The Santa Clause

Now that the kids are on Winter break I’m sure they’ll get to a bunch more.

There’s only one Christmas movie that I don’t mind watching over and over and that’s A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott. I just don’t get into re-watching movies no matter what they are. I do enjoy the Hallmark and Lifetime movies though and I’ve watched about a dozen of them so far. I DVR all the new ones.

My List of what I consider Christmas movies that I've watched this year:
Just friends (3x)
Christmas Vacation
Office Party
Four Christmases
Bad Santa......but turned it off after about 15 minutes
Bad Mom's Christmas......also turned it off after a half hour

That's it so far..................:santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter