slo’s FRIDAY 3/8 poll - Artichokes

Artichokes - Do you buy them and how often? (m.c.)

• I buy them

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I used to buy them

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • I do not buy them

Votes: 49 53.8%
  • I buy them once or more a month

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I buy them once or more every 6 months

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I buy them about once a year

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I buy them once every couple years

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I don’t know the last time I bought them

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • I’ve never heard of artichokes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 5.5%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Happy Friday Everyone :wave:
This is my last poll until Monday 3/18 due to me going on vacation.
I’ll still be on and off The DIS, I just won’t have time for my daily poll.

Artichokes are an interesting looking fruit that eats like a vegetable. I’m curious today….

Do you buy artichokes?
If yes…..how often?
(multiple choice)

*If you buy and cook these, please post a recipe for us that have no idea what to do with them - thanks!

For Me…..I have never bought an artichoke in my adult life. I should Google what to do with them, but I never get around to it. I would like to try making and eating these at least once.

IMG_3263.jpeg

I’ve only bought fresh ones once. They were a pain to clean and not that good so I haven’t made that recipe again. But I buy the pickled artichoke hearts in a can/jar pretty regularly. Those are good in salads, spinach/artichoke dip, etc.

We love them.
I haven't bought one in a long time. If the price was in your picture, I would load up.
But they are always too expensive here.
DH could eat one everyday.
I do buy jarred hearts once in awhile for a recipe but not often

I buy canned ones - I love eating them with tomatoes! I can eat them just buy themselves or put them on pizza throw them in some pasta - I don’t eat them as often as I would like because they are a bit pricey

I think of artichokes as a seasonal vegetable -- although they may be in the market year 'round now. We buy them in the summer. They are very easy to cook. Pull off a few outer tough leaves, use kitchen scissors to cut off sharp tips if you want to, but you don't have to, boil them until they are tender, serve them. (You can test if they are done by pulling off a leaf and running it between your teeth. The "flesh" should come right off.

Just eat them by pulling off leaves and dipping in a bit of mayo or some butter with lemon. When you start getting down to the inner leaves that don't look good to eat, cut them away and eat the heart. It's there! Easy peasy and delicious.

I don't "buy" them, but I do eat them, mostly in restaurants. I would not know how to prepare one at all. One of my favorite dishes at this great Italian place has fried artichoke hearts on it, and they are delicious!

I like them, you can make a really good dip with them. Never tried them fresh, I have a can here that I've had for a couple of years. Bought them for a recipe I never got around to making. Have a great week off!

Never had them.

Here's a poll for you.

On vacation, I will

sleep late

get up early

wake up at crack of dawn for those lighten lanes and then go back to sleep

None of the above, I'm on vacation ,I don't do polls.

Have a great time. You know it's not too late to invite one of us along. I'm sure we can fit in somewhere.

I buy the marinated jarred hearts and use in salad, antipasto and chopped in a hot dip.
My sister buys them fresh and makes some fancy dish with them with butter, cracker crumbs and lemon. They were tasty but a royal pain to eat. You have to pull off each leaf and pull the soft, cooked bits off with your teeth and discard the rest like a peel. I felt like we were having a cactus. Lol

I've only bought the jarred ones or when out at restaurants. I love artichokes, but they're intimidating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter