Slinky Dog wait time?

We just returned home and we were able to go on Sunday without a FP. It was around 45 towards late afternoon , higher in the midday. IMO the ride was worth it. I thought it would be more kid-like , similar to Barnstormer, but we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Good Luck

I am on my MDE app and cannot find where the wait times are located. Can anyone help me?

I am on my MDE app and cannot find where the wait times are located. Can anyone help me?
If you click towards the top, where the picture of a park(normally MK) is it should expand. Then you'll see in the middle a little upside down ^ and that has the wait times. It's normally defaulted to that I believe, but if not just click and filter from there.

Is SDD really that good or is it just the new thing? I watched a SDD POV. Looks fun for young kids but otherwise meh!

I was on 60 days ahead and was only able to get a FP on day 6 of my 7 day trip. These seem to be extremely hard to get. I did not have trouble with Alien Swirling Saucers.

We showed up this last Tuesday for a non -EMH rope drop and had a 9:25am SDD fastpass. We were able to walk on TSM, Alien Swirling Saucers, and TSM again before checking in at right around 9:25am for our fastpass. 95% of the rope drop crowd going to Toy Story Land veered right to get in line for Slinky Dog. After we got off Slinky Dog around 9:35am TSM was a posted 35 minute wait.

Good news, thanks.

Is the best strategy to just keep trying for the fast pass? we've had a hard time booking this.

There is a good YouTube video of touring plans guys testing rope drop strategies for SDD. Helps to actually see the lines, wait times etc. for rope droppers.

Keep trying to get a FP for it. Refresh (big thread about this) is your friend and it actually works.
Can you point me in the direction of the thread you mentioned....about refreshing? I'm really not clear on what all the "refreshing" does...or even how to do it.....:).

On Saturday, September 29, we got in line right around 7:45 pm and waited about 40 minutes.

Last edited:
Booked FP+ this morning at 60 days. Only going for 2 days park hopper before Dolphins & Pats in Dec. 60+2 forget it for FOP, SLD and 7DMT.

Booked FP+ this morning at 60 days. Only going for 2 days park hopper before Dolphins & Pats in Dec. 60+2 forget it for FOP, SLD and 7DMT.

I had 60+8(Nov 24 - Dec 1) and still couldn't get SDD or FOP and I was online at 6:50am sharp. 7 Dwarves was easy though, multiple options. I guess they either go that fast or CL guests eat them all up at the 90 day mark.

We showed up this last Tuesday for a non -EMH rope drop and had a 9:25am SDD fastpass. We were able to walk on TSM, Alien Swirling Saucers, and TSM again before checking in at right around 9:25am for our fastpass. 95% of the rope drop crowd going to Toy Story Land veered right to get in line for Slinky Dog. After we got off Slinky Dog around 9:35am TSM was a posted 35 minute wait.

We have been several times in October and last Sunday through Thursday was the least crowded we have ever seen the parks on our October trips-- or maybe ever. We were walking onto, or had very short waits, for everything Sunday-Weds. Sunday, Space Mountain had a 10 minute wait in the middle of the afternoon. The crowds started picking up on Friday, and were pretty crazy Saturday and Sunday (Columbus Day weekend).

We were at DHS for the morning on Wednesday (only there because of a lunch ADR and hopped right after) and it was great. The crowds were low. SDD had an initial morning surge and then seemed to hover between 45 and 60 minutes.

We were there a good part of the day Saturday- until we got fed up with the crowds and decided to skip Fantasmic (we had done the dining package, but we had seen it before). It was hot, crowded and miserable on Saturday. I had gotten a 3:30 Alien Saucers FP+ to pop by refreshing and by 2:00 everyone was ready to leave, but I made them stay until we rode that ( and by the way if you have ever been to CA at DLR and rode the just closed down Francis Ladybug boogie in Bugsland, it is basically the same ride with a bigger track and bigger ride vehicles-- we were not impressed- it is a one and done for us unless it is a 10 minute wait or less).

I could never get a SDD to pop up by refreshing on Saturday, so we went back Sunday morning to ride it with the FP+ I had booked at 60 days. SDD was a really cute ride and it gives great views of Star Wars land construction. I would say the intensity is between Barnstormer and BTMRR. DH and I did not expect to like it that much, but we really enjoyed it. On Saturday and Sunday- we saw SDD at an over 2 hour wait more than once- and people were still getting in line- the lowest we ever saw it either of those days was 90 minutes. Those 2 days, it seemed to go between 90 and 170 minutes. At around 9:30, with the morning surge it was at 165 minutes.

I think how refresh works is dependent on the crowd levels. We had great success with it Sunday -Thursday. We were at AK Thurs and got FOP and Navi. Navi was a little harder, but FOP was popping up over and over that afternoon. Were it not for that fact that FOP makes me dizzy we would have probably ridden FOP 5 or 6 times (and believe me the dizzy is absolutely worth it-- that ride is WOW!!!!!!...but twice is my limit). Friday -Sunday it was a lot harder to get things to pop up using refresh. Yesterday, I was able to get Frozen at EPCOT, but it was for last night after magical express was picking us up and I was never able to get the time moved up.

Last edited:
We are going the Monday after Thanksgiving & I am banking on going before park close or 6 pm-ish to do all of TSL, including SDD first! Thanks for the info!

We went in September. Got in line approximately 30 minutes before closing. Our wait was around 45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter