Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're trying to kill me with all this secrecy! I have a ressie at The Plaza on our January trip that I'd like to switch over. Afraid I will miss the ADR opening....

I posted this on the theme parks board but in case you missed that thread, I called the ADR line tonight (Thursday the 3rd) & the cm said the adrs aren't opening this week but they do get info a few days ahead saying when they're going to open booking. She told me to call back on Monday & see if they have any news then & when they have the date to start taking adrs, they will open them at 7 am on that given date.

And I'm tending to believe the rumors about next week starting the booking (based on what I see here, absolutely nothing on the call with the CM as evidence) so maybe Monday or TuesdY we will learn a date it's going to open up!

New projected opening date of December 13th, very tentative. My friend couldn't tell me the menu, but he said it was adventurous and if you liked Sanaa or Boma, you'd probably like it.
That'd be awesome. I can't fit Saana in but I have a MK spot open to fill!!! YAY!

I attended the Disney Chefs from around the World Party for the Senses during F&W and the Skippers Canteen staff were there. They had a tofu pho noodle bowl that was excellent! It did have a decent amount of spice to it. The chefs I talked to mentioned along the lines of asian/world fusion cuisine.

Also talked with the Canteen sommelier at the event ... so take that for what you will, but it sounded like they would be serving alcohol at the Canteen similar to BoG. It could have just been for the Party for the Senses, but the sommelier was listed in the program as a member of the restaurant staff

EDIT: just checked my program from the 10/24/15 party and here's what's listed:

• ROBERT GILBERT, Executive Chef
  • AL YOUNGMAN, Chef de Cuisine
  • MIKE REITZLER, Chef de Cuisine
  • VICTORIA THOMPSON, Sommelier
The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd, Skipper Canteen, Magic Kingdom Park
  • Tofu Pho Bowl

Last edited:
Hopeful. The past several mornings when I go into MDE 117 restaurants. This morning 118. Still can't find it but getting closer maybe?

A new restaurant in town here had a temporary (huge) menu when they opened, and then refined it down to about half the size after a few weeks. I'm not sure if Disney does that, but from what the chef at the local restaurant here told us it is becoming common practice. So we're not going to start relying on anything we seen in menus that we do see posted until they're from at least a few weeks after the restaurant opens.

Leaving Monday morning and will be in the MK on the 13th, so I have fingers crossed that I might get a chance to try it out!

yes most likely early 2016

She told me to call back on Monday & see if they have any news then & when they have the date to start taking adrs, they will open them at 7 am on that given date.

And I'm tending to believe the rumors about next week starting the booking (based on what I see here, absolutely nothing on the call with the CM as evidence) so maybe Monday or TuesdY we will learn a date it's going to open up!

Oh I really jope, I can make an ADR for my visit on january 5th! I really, really, really want to go there. Fingers crossed!

I attended the Disney Chefs from around the World Party for the Senses during F&W and the Skippers Canteen staff were there. They had a tofu pho noodle bowl that was excellent! It did have a decent amount of spice to it. The chefs I talked to mentioned along the lines of asian/world fusion cuisine.

Also talked with the Canteen sommelier at the event ... so take that for what you will, but it sounded like they would be serving alcohol at the Canteen similar to BoG. It could have just been for the Party for the Senses, but the sommelier was listed in the program as a member of the restaurant staff

EDIT: just checked my program from the 10/24/15 party and here's what's listed:

• ROBERT GILBERT, Executive Chef
  • AL YOUNGMAN, Chef de Cuisine
  • MIKE REITZLER, Chef de Cuisine
  • VICTORIA THOMPSON, Sommelier
The Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd, Skipper Canteen, Magic Kingdom Park
  • Tofu Pho Bowl

Hey! Just wanted to say hi. We are hoping to score an ADR for our trip in a few weeks. :) I hope all is well with you and the folks!

Joining in on the ADR watch! I'll be there in January for my birthday (and my race!) and this would be the perfect place to celebrate! My husband and I love 50s Prime Time and Adventurer's Club so we're hoping this is somewhat similar to either of those places. :magnify:

monkey-brain.gif

I thought Monkey Brains were no longer kosher because of the risk of variant creutzfeldt-jakob disease?

Here at MK today and still no luck. Oh well, by the time I'm back in March I'll be able to go then. It certainly looks like it's getting close to being finished!

Any ideas on how it will be listed for ADRs?

"Jungle Navigation...." Or just "Skipper Canteen"?

The parks blog keeps referring to it as "Jungle Skipper Canteen" so I feel like it will be listed with the first word being "Jungle" on the dining list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter