Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can double book via the MDE app on my phone. We often travel with extended family so I understand needing to have split ressies. When i use the app on my phone it will allow me to book additional adrs without making me cancel the other like it does on the site.

Be careful with this. I thought it was working for me a while back and ended cancelling a BOG reservation. We were also a large group and I was trying to book part of the group elsewhere.

New projected opening date of December 13th, very tentative. My friend couldn't tell me the menu, but he said it was adventurous and if you liked Sanaa or Boma, you'd probably like it.
Awesome! Will be there that week. Hope to give it a go.

New projected opening date of December 13th, very tentative. My friend couldn't tell me the menu, but he said it was adventurous and if you liked Sanaa or Boma, you'd probably like it.
We love Boma so that is good to hear. I wonder if your friend meant soft openings on the 13th?

according to a post on Wed 12/2 on the Orlando Theme Park News, there is a soft opening for Cast Members ONLY on Sunday, Dec 6th in the late morning and early afternoon periods:)

We love Boma so that is good to hear. I wonder if your friend meant soft openings on the 13th?

Not sure, he just text and said "opening the 13th." I know there are test meals next week because I know a handful of people invited to them, but I haven't heard about soft openings for the guests.

Not sure, he just text and said "opening the 13th." I know there are test meals next week because I know a handful of people invited to them, but I haven't heard about soft openings for the guests.
And I arrive the 12th... :yay:

Love it. Thank you KateP85.

How long after a soft opening do they start with ADRs? Seems like if they're opening in 10-ish days, they'd be able to open ADRs for 2016, no?

My friend couldn't tell me the menu, but he said it was adventurous and if you liked Sanaa or Boma, you'd probably like it.

Oh yes. Well, that's great news for my husband and I, so I am quite excited about this! Thank you so much for the information. Now to play the waiting game...

My friend couldn't tell me the menu, but he said it was adventurous and if you liked Sanaa or Boma, you'd probably like it.

Oh yes. Well, that's great news for my husband and I, so I am quite excited about this! Thank you so much for the information. Now to play the waiting game...

monkey-brain.gif

A CM in dining mentioned that it was appearing on his screen, but he was unable to pull it up for any reservation times or menu specifics. However, he said that if he was able to get to that step, then it will be available soon. Heard a rumor today that it would be December 20th.

Does anyone know why the menu hasn't been released? I understand the ADR situation, but I was just curious as to why the menu isn't out... I'm sure they know what they are serving!

Does anyone know why the menu hasn't been released? I understand the ADR situation, but I was just curious as to why the menu isn't out... I'm sure they know what they are serving!
It's probably because they want to make sure the chef / cooking staff can properly make all the menu items prior to a full-on commitment. They also will probably be making many subtle changes between now and right before opening just to make sure they have everything right. This, if I'm not mistaken, has also taken place with Morimoto and the boathouse.

It's probably because they want to make sure the chef / cooking staff can properly make all the menu items prior to a full-on commitment. They also will probably be making many subtle changes between now and right before opening just to make sure they have everything right. This, if I'm not mistaken, has also taken place with Morimoto and the boathouse.

Makes sense! Let's hope they commit soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter