Skipper Canteen info

We made that decision as soon as "free dining plan" started. Ever since then paying for the dining plan hasn't been worth it to us. I think a certain number of people make the decision every year. There seems to be more new guests every year who buy it instead.

When I was taking 3 bottomless pit teenagers with me, it totally worked because they ate NONSTOP! However, with just DH and I, it's way cheaper without it.

An update I heard today; my friend that was due to start training tomorrow is being bumped back to her old location for a week because everything is running behind. My friend at Liberty Tree has also got to spend another week at his temporary location because their training is running behind too. So lots of delays in that building!

An update I heard today; my friend that was due to start training tomorrow is being bumped back to her old location for a week because everything is running behind. My friend at Liberty Tree has also got to spend another week at his temporary location because their training is running behind too. So lots of delays in that building!
Thanks for the update. I've pretty much given up on the idea that it will be open by the time of my trip next month.

It sounds like there isn't a chance of it being open for our trip 11/25 to 12/6. We were just invited to go with our friends on their first trip next fall, so at some point I will get to eat there.

My questions is- how do you get into a soft opening? We don't have an AP (although considering one based on the plan on the second trip)

Thanks!!!

The soft opening I did at Disney was for BOG back in 2011 (I think?), they opened up unofficially. It was great, we got to ride all the new Fantasyland rides (except for 7DMT, which was still under contruction at the time) and eat at BOG!

The soft opening I did at Disney was for BOG back in 2011 (I think?), they opened up unofficially. It was great, we got to ride all the new Fantasyland rides (except for 7DMT, which was still under contruction at the time) and eat at BOG!
How did you get to do the soft opening? Were you invited, or did you just happen to be in the right place at the right time?

How did you get to do the soft opening? Were you invited, or did you just happen to be in the right place at the right time?

Right place, right time! It was 2012, I went and looked it up. Fantasyland was open one of the days we were at Magic Kingdom, and we just walked right up and went on the new rides! We actually had heard through the grapevine that they 'might' be doing a soft opening, and kept our eyes open. We made a reservation for BOG that morning, and came back in the evening for dinner.

"The reopening of the Magic Kingdom's Liberty Tree Tavern has been pushed back a couple of days.

The Liberty Square restaurant is now set to open on Thanksgiving, November 26 2015."

FWIW, we'll see how this affects the SC opening.

"The reopening of the Magic Kingdom's Liberty Tree Tavern has been pushed back a couple of days.

The Liberty Square restaurant is now set to open on Thanksgiving, November 26 2015."

FWIW, we'll see how this affects the SC opening.
Wow, I just pity those going in to LTT... does anything work on an opening day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter