"Size" of rides at Disney Hong Kong

DLHKbound

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone -- new here, but was referred here to get some possible information on a question I had.

I am going to Hong Kong soon with some people, and was thinking about stopping by Disney Land while there. Here is the issue -- one of the people we are traveling with is a pretty big guy. We didn't want to go if there was going to be an issue with him being able to ride the rides....

So, basically, I was wondering if any of y'all knew if the rides were "plus sized" friendly. Thanks for the help, and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask!

Welcome to the boards! You've definitely come to the right place.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question but there are a couple of people here that can.

While you wait for a reply, do a thread search to see if this topic has already been discussed. The answer might already be out there!

I have not gone myself, so I have no first hand knowledge. But..... a friend of mine went. Her hubby is a Marine and had some issues with the rides. On a few of the rides, they were squeezed in and not fitting in the seat correctly. Both of them said if they had been in the States, they would have been told to get out. The seat was not wide enough to fit his hips and he was too tall. While in the ride, his knees would be in his chest ;)

My family went to TDL and my Marine had the same issues. The rides here are built for the Asians, who tend to have smaller frames than us.

Your friend might be able to squeeze in, but he might not be able to. It will depend on how plus size he is. I have no pictures from the our trip to show the size of the rides.

Sadly, I don't think that I paid all that much attention to the seat sizing at HKDL.

I have to admit that for most of the rides we were on, I actually didn't think there was that much difference between the seat sizes in HK cf the ones in the US.

On reflection, maybe the Winnie-the-Pooh ride might not have had seats for Pooh-size riders (ironic, isn't it??). The rest of the rides in Fantasyland were the same as the ones in the US.

Autopia cars are tight no matter where you go; the AstroBlasters sit in a saucer; so they could possibly be bigger than those in the US.

I think the ones at Toy Storyland might be okay.

Haven't been on Grizzly Gulch nor Mystic Manor. Neither were opened when I was there.

Thank y'all for the information!

If anyone else has some information, I would love to hear it

I'm afraid I won't be much help either - didn't really take notice of the size of the ride vehicles :confused3 But it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't as accommodating for larger guests as the US parks.

Not sure when you're going, but I'm going again early March. If it would be any use to you I'm happy to check out sizes and report back.

I think I can help. I've just returned from HKDL 2 weeks ago!

I'm a pretty big guy when compared to Asian sized. I couldn't find anything that will fit me while visiting Hong Kong. Their XXL fits me but a tad tight.

I'm 5'8" and 195 lbs and pretty "bulky" overall. I didn't have any problems fitting onto the rides at all. I actually went on the Dumbo with my wife and we both fit! Okay maybe she's a bit on the thinner side (110 lbs) but it wasn't uncomfortable for either of us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter