Sister Wives

I wonder if Meri is writing a book since she said “she will be heard”. Though perhaps they all signed agreements that they couldn’t author any tell-alls.
If Meri writes a book, I bet it would be a motivational self help book with hints at family stories. I don't believe she'd actually spill anything of note.

I really felt bad for Meri. I can see why she went looking for someone to connect with during the catfishing scandal. Kody had already emotionally abandoned her. I'm glad she is finally letting go but I'm sad for all her time wasted.

It was really interesting that all 4 wives talked about Kody having control issues over the years, which obviously came to a head during COVID. He has some work to do on himself if he wants to salvage his relationships.

I really felt bad for Meri. I can see why she went looking for someone to connect with during the catfishing scandal. Kody had already emotionally abandoned her. I'm glad she is finally letting go but I'm sad for all her time wasted.

It was really interesting that all 4 wives talked about Kody having control issues over the years, which obviously came to a head during COVID. He has some work to do on himself if he wants to salvage his relationships.
It's sad that he has let himself get in the way of a relationship with his children. His arrogance and pride will not allow him to admit to wrongdoing and I'm sure that will have to be the first step in repairing those relationships. Instead he will continue to blame the wives.

Did anyone watch this week? It feels like the tell all interviews are lasting longer than the season!
I just watched last night. I thought it was a good episode and the rehashing of the kids xmas exchange was interesting to get more perspective. I'm still confused at how Robin has to insert herself everywhere. Overall I still can't figure out who is to blame for all this except Kody.

I watched last night as well. At one point I told my husband that Kody sounded like he was suicidal and that he really needs some help.

The only thing I can come up with on why he is so upset about them leaving is that he feels rejected. However, he did this to himself and needs to move on. What he did to Mary and then tried to do with Christine and Janell was horrible. How does he expect anyone to stay with him when you treat someone they he did.

Kody really seems unhinged. And for the life of me I can't figure out why he's so messed up over someone he supposedly never loved leaving him. A wife he himself said he wasn't interested in having a full marriage with.
Loss of control?? Inflated sense of self?? I cant get over what he said in the preview about "Christine has to talk bad about me so that David will be with her because she left a good man!" So delusional!!

I'm just shaking my head on sobin Robin. Either she's clueless on things or a mastermind. (I doubt the latter)

Kody....I feel his personality put him wayyyy over the top!!

I'm shaking my head over all of it. I've decided that this is the last season I'm watching. Kody is so full of himself it's ridiculous. He's never to blame for any of it, yet everything that's happened is his fault. And I can't take anymore of Robin. I never liked her and the way she's acting lately makes me like her even less. She IS a drama queen. I'm over all of it. She needs to butt out of everyone else's business. I wish Christine well in her new marriage, and I hope that Mary and Janelle can pick up their lives and get away from Kody totally. But I'm out after this season.

Kody really seems unhinged. And for the life of me I can't figure out why he's so messed up over someone he supposedly never loved leaving him. A wife he himself said he wasn't interested in having a full marriage with.

Because he is a narcissist. They really are sad people because most often, they have no clue it really is THEM. That THEY are the huge issue, They are controlling, selfish, demanding etc. They very honestly believe that the world SHOULD revolve around them, their ideas and what makes THEM happy because they just KNOW that they are a very important person. It's very real for them that this is how the world should be and anybody that believes different is a true puzzle to their mental disability. (Yup I am calling it a disability - lol)

If it is not HIS plan, then he will get in a tizzy because it is not the way his head says this needed to go.

Robin is the flying monkey. https://www.whiterivermanor.com/news/flying-monkeys-in-narcissism/

3+ years of therapy and dealing with a narcissist in my own life makes it very easy to see the roles here.
Really interesting... I had never heard of that.

This whole thing with Robin and her kids going back to the beginning about not being accepted they just need to go to therapy for. Not every sibling is going to like or get along with another. That is just a fact and even the other siblings sometimes have issues.

Is she? Or is she the man pulling the strings behind the curtain?
IMO she is a covert narcissist...but the loud, buffoon is the one making the rules. She is just gleefully following along and doing her job of spreading the drama to be more important than the bottom wife.

Really interesting... I had never heard of that.

This whole thing with Robin and her kids going back to the beginning about not being accepted they just need to go to therapy for. Not every sibling is going to like or get along with another. That is just a fact and even the other siblings sometimes have issues.
The more time you spend in therapy, the more you learn about basic human nature and what roles people play, it also makes you feel pretty dumb sometimes wondering how you didn't see this all those years until somebody else TOLD YOU in black and white what was happening. :rotfl2:

Triangulation in relationships is a basic tool narcissists use to build the story they want to tell about each individual in their life. It's rarely a 2 person relationship, they need that 3rd person to reinforce their opinions so they can control every aspect of the relationship with people, including outside perception.

They're both gross people. I am so happy the three women have finally escaped. Look at how long Kody dragged Meri along and she was falling for it, while Robyn was encouraging it?!?! FINALLY she saw and left the turd :rotfl2:

Has anyone done the Enneagram? I bet that is the personality test they were talking about. Robin is probably a 4 and doesn't have a lot of insight into how intensely she focuses on her emotions. They often cry over everything and are told they are too sensitive.

I was struck by the mental abuse all the wives, even Robyn, think/thought as normal. I can’t remember the exact question Suki asked but Robyn responded with “Yes, but I won’t let him. I have to stop him when he does that.” Kody has successfully convinced all of them that they are responsible for his thoughts and actions. Christine was the first to wake up to that quickly followed by Janelle. I’m not convinced Meri actually gets it yet. Then you have Robyn reenforcing that and projecting it onto the wives and kids while simultaneously being a willing victim of it herself. Even single one of them are products of the patriarchal environment they were raised in. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- the rush to leave Las Vegas was not about community or safety, it was because these women and kids got a taste of the real world and Kody (and by proxy Robyn) were losing control over the situation. If not for that and the pandemic they might all still be trying to do everything they can to appease him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter