Sister Wives

This thread has inspired me to go back to the beginning. I've watched from the start but it's been awhile. I'm completely blown away by how different the family is from season 1 to now. They honestly seemed like a huge, loving family. All the wives seemed happy and to genuinely care for and like one another. Kody and Meri had chemistry and seemed pretty happy. I did think it was interesting that Meri is the one who started things with bringing Robin into the family, but then she experienced a lot of jealousy. Christine even said she wanted nothing more than for them all to live together, when Robin was being courted. Now she says that's the last thing she wants. Now they just seem like neighbors who hang out from time to time.

On another note, Meri seemed to gain quite a bit of weight between season 1 and season 2. Perhaps the stress of a 4th wife and coming out as polygamists. I had forgotten that.

Personally, I'm super bummed the show is ending. I've been a pretty loyal follower, and I watch very little reality tv. I find the whole concept so interesting.
I really enjoy the show as well. And I agree their relationships are definitely changing. The last episode showed Robyn saying she's not moving again, no matter what, indicating she might stay behind even if the family moves again. I guess like many relationships which evolve over the years, they do seem more bonded in faith, not even necessarily as friends. Janelle and Meri have issue's they've been working on for years, which are still not resolved. Kodi and Meri are not in an active relationship any longer. And Meri is challenging to work with, no matter what comes up. I've enjoyed watching as well.

It boggles my mind that Kody thinks he can convince his wives to move into much smaller apartment-like quarters in one, big house. If they feel they all need mansions as temporary housing, attached apartments are not gonna fly!
And how will they ever sell that one giant home, if they ever decide to move again? Resell on a home like that has got to be a challenge. And I don't see any difference with the way the giant house is set up, and what they have in the culdesac....they would have entirely separate living quarters. And would't it be better for the kids to live in the one giant house?

And how will they ever sell that one giant home, if they ever decide to move again? Resell on a home like that has got to be a challenge. And I don't see any difference with the way the giant house is set up, and what they have in the culdesac....they would have entirely separate living quarters. And would't it be better for the kids to live in the one giant house?
Honestly, the cul de sac arrangement seemed perfect. And should have been easier to sell than the giant castle Cody wants to build now. Cody probably thinks he could sell the giant house to another polygamist family, but they might just be the only polygamist family who can afford something like that (because of the money from the show).

Me. Those 2 little brats are completely out of control and Bill and Jen do absolutely nothing about it. Their behavior is not cute at all.

Just LOVE that show, it honestly lifts my mood when I watch it. Love them all on it. The kids are the cutest things ever. BUT now that you say this, I will admit I did notice they can act bratty and the parents sit there. Still they are so friggin cute. :dogdance:

Definitely looking forward to when the wives know his plan and see the house blueprints.
Me too...it will be interesting. I have noticed that they seem to take a stand initially, then as Kody tries to convince them it's a good idea, they seem to cave. But they've all stated, absolutely not! So we shall see.

Honestly, the cul de sac arrangement seemed perfect. And should have been easier to sell than the giant castle Cody wants to build now. Cody probably thinks he could sell the giant house to another polygamist family, but they might just be the only polygamist family who can afford something like that (because of the money from the show).

There may be some families that may be interested with grandparents and extended families. It"s actually going to be separate correct and then one big main area? Interested in seeing it. People live in townhouses and condos etc. that are connected. I don't know. I hope they do do just to see what it looks like and how it goes lol.

There may be some families that may be interested with grandparents and extended families. It"s actually going to be separate correct and then one big main area? Interested in seeing it. People live in townhouses and condos etc. that are connected. I don't know. I hope they do do just to see what it looks like and how it goes lol.
Yes, the apartments are totally separate. And they put the bedrooms on the opposite walls with sound barriers, for you know what...LOL. I wasn't sure if they each had their own kitchens in the units or there was just one community kitchen. I know they have their own laundry rooms in each apartment, I can't imagine they would have left out kitchens. Then they have the one large community area, with a complete kitchen and enough space for community dinners and other gatherings. The only issue that might be a problem is the high traffic in the entry and exit to the apartments as they all enter and exit the garage, through one main doorway. I also imagine they have separate exits in their own units, they didn't talk about that.

Just LOVE that show, it honestly lifts my mood when I watch it. Love them all on it. The kids are the cutest things ever. BUT now that you say this, I will admit I did notice they can act bratty and the parents sit there. Still they are so friggin cute. :dogdance:

Have you also noticed how much better behaved the kids are for the nanny?! I love Bill and the kids, Jen easily gets on my nerves. They definitely do a great job moderating their filming.

building that house may be impossible even if they had all the money in hand today. they bought rural property, not one BIG chunk-multiple adjacent lots. now, the seller may have done this b/c he/she didn't think anyone would come along and want the one big piece of property, or when it came into their ownership it might have already been separate lots but the case is-that one big piece of property has already been subdivided into those separate lots. subdividing rural residential land tends to come with rules on what can/can't be built-including the number of bedrooms and bathrooms in a 'single dwelling'. the browns didn't appear to spend any time investigating how much running all the utilities to those properties is going to cost (in my experience it is not the cheap endeavor kody told the wives it would be-esp with the what appears to be the distance between them and the nearest utilities at those houses in the distance) so i doubt kody researched any/all building laws before burning up more money for the design.

the architect kody used did what he asked and did a design according to kody's wants. they didn't look into land use restrictions so even if kody gets the buy-in from the wives it could be a totally impossible proposition.

That's exactly how I feel about it. Jen is a ridiculous pushover. But dang those kids are cute so it's still one of my favorite reality shows. Hopefully they'll reign the kids in soon. Their hearts are certainly in the right place. They took on so much all at once with 2 overseas adoptions and Jen's cancer. Hopefully they'll get there with the discipline before it's too late.

Yes, the apartments are totally separate. And they put the bedrooms on the opposite walls with sound barriers, for you know what...LOL. I wasn't sure if they each had their own kitchens in the units or there was just one community kitchen. I know they have their own laundry rooms in each apartment, I can't imagine they would have left out kitchens. Then they have the one large community area, with a complete kitchen and enough space for community dinners and other gatherings. The only issue that might be a problem is the high traffic in the entry and exit to the apartments as they all enter and exit the garage, through one main doorway. I also imagine they have separate exits in their own units, they didn't talk about that.

I thought about the kitchens too and each of the living areas has room designated kitchen.

Liz

One thing I didn't realize at first was that Meri was the first wife. She seems the most removed and not as much of a polygamist as the others, not having lots of kids, etc., seeming to not be as happy with the sharing her husband arrangement also. She seems kind of lonely and unsatisfied to me.

One thing I didn't realize at first was that Meri was the first wife. She seems the most removed and not as much of a polygamist as the others, not having lots of kids, etc., seeming to not be as happy with the sharing her husband arrangement also. She seems kind of lonely and unsatisfied to me.
You should go back and watch some of the early episodes. More of the back story comes out. Meri was really a supporter of polygamy, but she really does seem to be in a different place with it now.

Yes, Meri was the first wife. He divorced her and legally married Robyn, because he wanted to adopt her children from a former marriage. At one point Meri wanted another child but after she and Kody talked, he didn't think it was a good idea. She accepted this. Probably another reason their relationship is so strained.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter