Sister Wives

I just watched the episode where Christine and Aspyn talk (yes, I'm a few episodes behind). Does anyone else think that the real reason, when Aspyn asked her why she's moving, is just that "My husband wants to move and in the polygamist culture, the man runs the family and the wives follow." She didn't really have an answer for Aspyn because I think that on some level she agrees with Aspyn being upset and is struggling herself. I thought it was sad.

.the rent has to be insane!

here's the breakdown according to multiple sources-

rentals-

meri's-$2975 mo
janelle's-$2900 mo
robyn's-$3500 mo

christine-mortgage payments on $520,000 home

PLUS mortgage payments on:

remaining vegas property
lots in flagstaff ($820,000 w/10% down)
bed and breakfast.

that's ALLOT of $$$$$$$$ esp. since they won't be getting even their greatly reduced tv show income anymore.

anyone else just going :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3 when kody started talking about how one of the big reasons for moving was because he needed more income to raise his kids-better earnings available in flaggstaff? seriously??? the wives that had (but didn't seem to use) their real estate licenses in vegas would, i assume have to get the new state's training/licensing, and no one seemed to have any jobs line up.

i'm on the side of those that speculate it's a large house of cards that will soon come financially crashing down (feel really bad for the kids-what a mess to be living with).

rentals-

meri's-$2975 mo
janelle's-$2900 mo
robyn's-$3500 mo

remaining vegas property
bed and breakfast.

that's ALLOT of $$$$$$$$ esp. since they won't be getting even their greatly reduced tv show income anymore.

anyone else just going :confused3:confused3:confused3:confused3 when kody started talking about how one of the big reasons for moving was because he needed more income to raise his kids-better earnings available in flaggstaff? seriously??? the wives that had (but didn't seem to use) their real estate licenses in vegas would, i assume have to get the new state's training/licensing, and no one seemed to have any jobs line up.

i'm on the side of those that speculate it's a large house of cards that will soon come financially crashing down (feel really bad for the kids-what a mess to be living with).

That's why I seriously asked if they were still on TLC's payroll or not?

Flagstaff is a small college town and jobs are very hard to come by, unless you have a degree or specialized training.

reports of christine's home in vegas selling this week are false-according to several sources the home was removed from active listing. no comments from the browns on why but that means they are still paying on her vegas home in addition to the amounts of

rentals-

meri's-$2975 mo
janelle's-$2900 mo
robyn's-$3500 mo

christine-arizona mortgage payments on $520,000 home

remaining vegas property
bed and breakfast.

One thing I didn't realize at first was that Meri was the first wife. She seems the most removed and not as much of a polygamist as the others, not having lots of kids, etc., seeming to not be as happy with the sharing her husband arrangement also. She seems kind of lonely and unsatisfied to me.

I have to admit that I've only watched sporadically over the years. That being said, Meri seems quite sad to me. The other wives seem to always be whining and pestering her about her commitment to the family. She is NOT in the same place as they are. Her daughter is older, and she is in a different place in her life right now. How do these women not see that?
Meri seems annoyed by having to explain this to all them repetitively. She does seem to have gained more of a back bone this season. I hope she is able to stand on her own, and leave the entire convoluted mess. What these people are doing to the children involved by uprooting them yet again, at very vulnerable ages, will come back to kick them in the butt. No doubt about it.
Merri needs to stay strong, and move on with her life without her weirdo manbun wearing husband. He doesn't deserve her. She'd do better on her own.

rentals-

meri's-$2975 mo
janelle's-$2900 mo
robyn's-$3500 mo

remaining vegas property
bed and breakfast.

Well, from what I can tell Janelle originally listed her house, but after about 3 months turned it over to someone else (who immediately slashed the price by $50,000 and then dropped it by another $25,000) so maybe she's not the most experienced and adept agent out there. LOL

If the records I'm seeing are correct Janelle's house is in escrow now. Christine's has been removed from the market. Meri's is still active. Robyn's sold back in Feb.

the whole sell the houses and move to Flagstaff to save money thing never made sense to me either.

If you're in financial trouble and don't have to move someplace specific for work why in the world do you chose to go somewhere more expensive? Crazy! Even if they were set on Flagstaff why buy the property there before the Vegas houses sold? Also I'm betting there were more affordable rentals out there.

Here's the numbers I'm seeing for their Flagstaff rentals:

Robyn over 6,000 sq ft 7bd 7ba

Meri 4,200 sq ft 4 bd 5ba

Janelle 2,340 sq ft 3 bd 2.5 ba

Maybe scale it back a bit to save money for the new build and/or until you see whether there will be any more money from TLC?

Last edited:

Oh the tea. If true, this might explain Kody's motive for the move. Kody has a new 20 something girlfriend he wants to make his 4th wife. Nothing like adding another wife to save the show from cancellation.

Also there's 2 AZ prosecutors that want to go after them all for polygamy since they have video proof of polygamy.

Oh the tea. If true, this might explain Kody's motive for the move. Kody has a new 20 something girlfriend he wants to make his 4th wife. Nothing like adding another wife to save the show from cancellation.

Also there's 2 AZ prosecutors that want to go after them all for polygamy since they have video proof of polygamy.

A new one would be number 5!

Part of me wonders if they're spreading stories like that to get people interested in the show again.

the financial house of cards is toppling-

The Coconino County Treasurer's Office exclusively confirmed to RadarOnline.com that Kody, Robyn and Christine failed to pay taxes in the amount of $2,063.70 on their parcel of land, which was due on December 31, 2018. The amount of $82.55 was added in interest, making the total payment due $2,146.25. The clerk confirmed if the payment is not made on April 30, 2019, more interest will be added to the final amount.

For the second parcel of land, which has Kody, Janelle and Meri listed, $1,990.82 in taxes was due on December 31, 2018.
Interest in the amount of $79.63 has been added, making the total payment due $2,070.45. More interest will accrue if not paid by April 30, 2019.

As for Kody and Christine's house, they owe $1,418.12 due on May 1, 2019. The Coconino County clerk confirmed the payment has not been received.

Christine sold her Vegas home on Tuesday, April 2nd but the deal fell through and it was put back on the market (listed originally for $675,000-current listing at $599,900). As for Meri, her home remains on the market (listed originally for $599,900-current listing at $574,900).

the financial house of cards is toppling-

The Coconino County Treasurer's Office exclusively confirmed to RadarOnline.com that Kody, Robyn and Christine failed to pay taxes in the amount of $2,063.70 on their parcel of land, which was due on December 31, 2018. The amount of $82.55 was added in interest, making the total payment due $2,146.25. The clerk confirmed if the payment is not made on April 30, 2019, more interest will be added to the final amount.

For the second parcel of land, which has Kody, Janelle and Meri listed, $1,990.82 in taxes was due on December 31, 2018.
Interest in the amount of $79.63 has been added, making the total payment due $2,070.45. More interest will accrue if not paid by April 30, 2019.

As for Kody and Christine's house, they owe $1,418.12 due on May 1, 2019. The Coconino County clerk confirmed the payment has not been received.

Christine sold her Vegas home on Tuesday, April 2nd but the deal fell through and it was put back on the market (listed originally for $675,000-current listing at $599,900). As for Meri, her home remains on the market (listed originally for $599,900-current listing at $574,900).
How the heck are they doing all this, its so nonsensical? Is bankruptcy in the cards?

I don't think Meri is apart of them anymore. She's just there for show, yet it's very clear she's living her own life.

Surprisingly, in the last episode both Merri and Cody gave the impression that things are better in their marriage. Uggh, I thought for sure she was going to give him the boot! I hope it's just for the sake of ratings or viewership.
What a strange bunch. Why would you uproot your "families" like that, yet AGAIN. I wouldn't be surprised to hear in years to come that these kids are screwed up from the ridiculous life style this family has lived.

Surprisingly, in the last episode both Merri and Cody gave the impression that things are better in their marriage. Uggh, I thought for sure she was going to give him the boot! I hope it's just for the sake of ratings or viewership.
What a strange bunch. Why would you uproot your "families" like that, yet AGAIN. I wouldn't be surprised to hear in years to come that these kids are screwed up from the ridiculous life style this family has lived.
I noticed they both appeared much happier..and Meri was almost glowing with love

I just can't wrap my head around their move from Vegas to Flagstaff. And in the Tell All show they are suddenly all in love with Flagstaff when months ago most wives were freaking out. And yeah, the teens looked real happy on the couches. :(

Here's a thought, they can move into Meri's Bed and Breakfast :duck:
Unless she loses that in all of this!

I just can't wrap my head around their move from Vegas to Flagstaff. And in the Tell All show they are suddenly all in love with Flagstaff when months ago most wives were freaking out. And yeah, the teens looked real happy on the couches. :(
I still don't get it either. If the reason was impending financial issues, why move to an area with a higher COL and rent 3 such expensive homes? I just can't make any of it make sense.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter