Shrinking Tink: Trading Pounds for Pixie Dust

My goodness, was there something in the air? :lmao:

At least you had your exercise class to offset it. :thumbsup2

Don't worry, hon! I think we all do that in Disney (although one trip I actually lost weight and that was awesome!) and you'll get it back off in no time.

How was your trip? :goodvibes

Awwww. Leave it to my other shrinking sisters to make me feel better! The trip was....not great? DS hasn't been in school since last August (thanks to the BoE screwing us over) and he was just out of control. I actually couldn't wait to get home and wasn't even depressed to leave! I know we'll be back so there's nothing for me to be sad about. Disney isn't going anywhere lol.

Long time lurker here, but I had to post my favorite quote about exercising. I think about it all the time when I feel like stopping, and I feel like stopping all the time:

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." --General Patton

I am training for a half marathon in August and every time I feel like stopping I just keep telling my body it is NOT tired, it works.......sometimes!

Happy Friday!

So.....I managed to gain a HIDEOUS amount of weight in Disney. I'm sure a few pounds is water weight because I'm so bloated, but still I need to get my butt back on track. Starting tomorrow morning I am full speed ahead.

Disney can play havoc with the weight. Way too many goodies I just have to try whenever I'm there!

My goodness, was there something in the air? :lmao:

At least you had your exercise class to offset it. :thumbsup2

I always cave after my Thursday class. It's in the next town over, and a fairly decent drive from where I live. (I live at the furthest point away from the border of my town and the town where the class is.) I start driving home with good intentions, but then I see Mickey D's and I cave. I'm always starving by that point. I take yoga at the same place, and get home later from that, but I'm never tempted to stop after yoga class. I guess it doesn't make me quite as hungry. It's really the only time I eat really bad fast food. Normally if I get the urge, if I'm at home I'll go to Panera. I :lovestruc Panera. I'm getting the urge for a Fuji Apple Chicken salad as I type this.

Long time lurker here, but I had to post my favorite quote about exercising. I think about it all the time when I feel like stopping, and I feel like stopping all the time:

"Now if you are going to win any battle you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do. The body will always give up. It is always tired in the morning, noon, and night. But the body is never tired if the mind is not tired." --General Patton

I am training for a half marathon in August and every time I feel like stopping I just keep telling my body it is NOT tired, it works.......sometimes!

Happy Friday!

I love that. Make my mind run my body! I'm going to have to keep telling myself that when I run from now on. Congrats on training for the 1/2 marathon, and in August no less. You are very brave! I'm aiming for the Princess 1/2 marathon in 2011. I'd like to try the ToT 13 K though next Oct. I'm still going through the couch to 5k program so I have awhile to go before I get to those distances.

I know I'm NOT supposed to weigh myself everyday, but I just can't help myself after a big Disney gain. Anyway, I lost 5 pounds since yesterday. I guess I was right when I assumed it was a lot of water weight. I've been drinking between 7 and 10 bottles of water a day to try and rid myself of all the nasty salt in my body and I guess it worked lol.

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been sparse over the past couple of weeks - life got crazy: (expensive) car trouble, engagment party festivities for my brother, and one of my kittehs has been very sick (but is now on the mend). I don't have a ton of time this morning to catch up, but I still wanted to poke my head in. I'll read back and respond to some comments over the next couple of days.

In the meantime, an update on where I'm at. I believe at last post I'd gained 3lbs back after returning from Disney with Kat. My goal was to lose that 3lbs in a week. I did, save for 2oz. Then I hopped on the scale this morning to find I'd lost another 3lbs! How psyched was I!?

And a quick tip - I have a hard time getting all my water in every day. I just get really tired of it. Also, I'm trying to move away from artificial sweeteners and caffeine, so I was at a loss as to what I could do. A friend (who is following the Flat Belly plan) recommended "making" flavored water and OMG it is great!

Ingredients
2L water
1 lemon, thinly sliced
1 med. cucumber, thinly sliced
12 mint leaves
1 tsp. freshly grated ginger

Mix it all up and let it sit overnight.

Oh my, this concoction is just SO fresh-tasting! To boot, the mint and ginger work to sooth your digestive system and the lemon and cucumber help combat bloat.

And finally a quick note on the Flat Belly plan - I was very skeptical. I'm so not into fad diets. But I borrowed the book and read it cover to cover and I was impressed. Much like plans like WW, it's really just a way of eating healthier. And they have some WONDERFUL recipes! I'm incorporating parts of it with what I'm doing. I figure you can't get too healthy!!!

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!

Good for you Tink, 3 lbs! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

The water sounds great. I may have to keep that in mind. I don't usually have a problem drinking water. I actually love drinking just water, but a nice change of pace isn't bad every once in awhile.

As for me I'm down 1 lb today. Not fantastic or mind-blowing, but a loss nonetheless. I also decided to borrow 2SP's idea this week, and I bought myself an inexpensive bikini at H&M as a bit of a goal for myself. I think I"m going to have to step up the crunches a bit! :)

Way to go Tink on the -3lbs. :cheer2: Way to go IYHW on the -1lb.:cheer2:

I am down one pound too. It is my time of the month and so I am surprised it was even that. I don't usually lose any those weeks.

Tink I am going to get the items I need to make that water. I too have a hard time drinking water and that sounds good.

Way to go Tink on the -3lbs. :cheer2: Way to go IYHW on the -1lb.:cheer2:

I am down one pound too. It is my time of the month and so I am surprised it was even that. I don't usually lose any those weeks.

Tink I am going to get the items I need to make that water. I too have a hard time drinking water and that sounds good.

Way to go on the 1 lb. That's especially good for that TOM.

I did a little weigh in and I'm the same. I'm hoping to get into a more consistent work out routine, for some reason, all this rain is cramping my style. :lmao:

I did a little weigh in and I'm the same. I'm hoping to get into a more consistent work out routine, for some reason, all this rain is cramping my style. :lmao:

You and me both! I have come to hate the sound of rain, and it used to be something I loved. It makes me want to do nothing but curl up on the sofa and be a bum.

You and me both! I have come to hate the sound of rain, and it used to be something I loved. It makes me want to do nothing but curl up on the sofa and be a bum.

I love rain at night when I'm supposed to be sleeping anyway, but yesterday with the rain all day felt so lazy! :lmao:

Good morning shrinking Tinks! I faced my weigh in today to find myself down 1.5 lbs. :) I still keep wishing I'd wake up one week down about 5 lbs, but I know that 1-2 lbs is much healthier and is a good thing.

My exercise was down a bit this week, only got out for a run once last week. Hoping for a better week as far as exercise goes.

Good morning shrinking Tinks! I faced my weigh in today to find myself down 1.5 lbs. :) I still keep wishing I'd wake up one week down about 5 lbs, but I know that 1-2 lbs is much healthier and is a good thing.

My exercise was down a bit this week, only got out for a run once last week. Hoping for a better week as far as exercise goes.

:goodvibesWell done Toots and also Tink and all you other's who're fighting the good fight:cheer2:. I've had another wee loss myself so at least I'm not staying static anymore:woohoo:

Awesome job! :goodvibes

:goodvibesWell done Toots and also Tink and all you other's who're fighting the good fight:cheer2:. I've had another wee loss myself so at least I'm not staying static anymore:woohoo:

Woo hoo! I'll take a wee loss!

I'm trying to maintain consistency with my exercise. So far, I've done it twice this week. I didn't weigh in today. I just couldn't face the number on the scale. I'm a little stressed and I'm afraid I've indulged in some unecessary emotional eating. :confused3

. So far, I've done it twice this week. I didn't weigh in today. I just couldn't face the number on the scale. I'm a little stressed and I'm afraid I've indulged in some unecessary emotional eating. :confused3

We all have those weeks. Just take a pass this week, and come back good next week. :thumbsup2

Well ladies I was finally getting back on track and then BAM! I got hit by a Mercedes SUV yesterday while walking to the bank. I broke my tail bone, fractured my right forearm, my left leg is skinned from sliding across the street, and I have various other bumps and bruises. Ughhhhh. I can't walk to the bathroom much less go to the gym!!! And everyone keeps bringing me delicious sympathy treats. :rolleyes:

Well ladies I was finally getting back on track and then BAM! I got hit by a Mercedes SUV yesterday while walking to the bank. I broke my tail bone, fractured my right forearm, my left leg is skinned from sliding across the street, and I have various other bumps and bruises. Ughhhhh. I can't walk to the bathroom much less go to the gym!!! And everyone keeps bringing me delicious sympathy treats. :rolleyes:

That is horrible! Hope your not in too much pain. Hang in there!

OMG! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: This is going to sound weird, but I'm so glad you're alright! It could have been so much worse. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter