Should you buy Genie+ if you are a local with an AP?

riversend22

Mouseketeer
Hey all! So I did a search but didn't really find the answer I was looking for. My family recently moved to Florida about 45 minutes from the parks. We of course purchased annual passes for the whole family and have already made it worthwhile lol.

Monday will be the first time we are taking my kids (6 and 4) to MK. I am currently debating on whether or not we should purchase Genie+ for the day.We aren't planning on staying all day. We are basically thinking of rope dropping and doing as many big ticket items as we can in the first few hours then just enjoying the rest of the day until we decide to leave. Despite knowing we can go back at any point, I'm struggling with this decision because I also know how bad the crowds can be and my kiddos don't really do well with lines. So do you think we should buy Genie+ since it's our first visit there, or just do what we can and go back another time to do more?

Thanks!

Hey all! So I did a search but didn't really find the answer I was looking for. My family recently moved to Florida about 45 minutes from the parks. We of course purchased annual passes for the whole family and have already made it worthwhile lol.

Monday will be the first time we are taking my kids (6 and 4) to MK. I am currently debating on whether or not we should purchase Genie+ for the day.We aren't planning on staying all day. We are basically thinking of rope dropping and doing as many big ticket items as we can in the first few hours then just enjoying the rest of the day until we decide to leave. Despite knowing we can go back at any point, I'm struggling with this decision because I also know how bad the crowds can be and my kiddos don't really do well with lines. So do you think we should buy Genie+ since it's our first visit there, or just do what we can and go back another time to do more?

Thanks!
As someone who goes every 2-3 months I used to buy it all the time but now I get it less and less. I just want to spend more time enjoying the parks and less time stressing about return times.

I've thought about this very scenario a lot, because ...in my fantasy... someday I would be a local. This is just my opinion, but.... I would not buy Genie+, identify 3 -4 rides that I definitely want to ride on any given day, commit to those and any others that I would get on would be a great blessing. Enjoy the parks without the pressure. ...and start planning for the next visit. Again, just me.

If you are a local with AP's, you probably tend to go more often compared to those traveling from a distance. I wouldn't pay extra for the Genie stuff and just pick out a few rides you enjoy. Late in the day also sounds like a slower time for the parks so might give that a try as well.

If you wanted to do it for the first time, I can see that. However, you need more than a few hours to get a decent benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter