Should This Woman Have Her Life Ruined Because She Posted a Stupid Photo on Her Own F

I get what you're saying, I do. We also need to understand that stuff like this has been going on for years in our society. Only recently has it become exposed, if you will, because of social media. So while you say our society is going to crap, well maybe you're right but I have a feeling it's been going that way and folks have been doing things like this for years without as many people seeing it due to our previously facebookless society.

I'd like to know how old she is.

Edit: I'd like to add that probably 70% of people I've ever worked with are complete idiots who shouldn't be working their job for a multitude of reasons. But they're all still employed and employable.

She is 30 and still lives at home. The person who took the picture is 38. She had many stupid pictures on both of her FB pages. She's someone who is just a jerk. Her initial reaction on Monday night when this first started hitting was it's no big deal and a lame apology. I don't think she thought it would make it to her employer. There were people posting on the Company's FB page that they had called the company expressing their outrage.

I think it's really disrespectful what she has done, Arlington is a very solemn place you can hear a pin drop there and she should get in trouble for it, maybe now she'll grow up. But I also think some have taken it too far with what they want done to her.

Wonder if the people suggesting harm to her will get fired? We should probably look up their employers and let them know what their employees are up to.

Exactly. Everyone who is calling for blood needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. Are they so perfect? My guess is no.

That remains to be seen. Several "Fire Lindsay" pages have popped up on facebook and other sites. People are suggesting raping her, killing her, etc. They have posted personal information (her phone number), her job's phone number; address, etc.

She did something extremely stupid and insensitive. She apologized for it. She'll probably get fired for it. That is where it should end. But now it seems, people want more than this woman to be out of work. They want blood.

These people are acting just as immature and thoughtless as she did.

Exactly. Everyone who is calling for blood needs to take a long, hard look at themselves. Are they so perfect? My guess is no.

And, if someone does something that negatively impacts his or her employer, chances are high you might get fired. People get fired everyday for immature behavior, why should she be treated differently?

The funny thing is, if someone came here and posted that their child was going to get fired for doing this and how could they do that, that mom would be told over and over again about how she raised an entitled snowflake and that the kid should just accept his punishment. You just never know which way the people here on the Dis boards are gonna swing.

Wonder if the people suggesting harm to her will get fired? We should probably look up their employers and let them know what their employees are up to.

Good idea, I'm sure there are plenty of employers out there who would want to know their employees are threatening others online, while they are on company time ;)

At this point, it's pointless to debate wether she should get fired. Her company issued a statement on their FB page that both employees have been terminated.

That remains to be seen. Several "Fire Lindsay" pages have popped up on facebook and other sites. People are suggesting raping her, killing her, etc. They have posted personal information (her phone number), her job's phone number; address, etc.

These people are acting just as immature and thoughtless as she did.

Absolutely. She was wrong, and they are too. Just because they're behaving extremely inappropriately in their own right doesn't excuse her behavior.

People boycott business all the time when they do something that people don't agree with. May I remind you of all the boycotting called for during the Chick fil A anti gay issue. It is essentially the same thing, the public thinks if you boycott enough the business will lose money and be forced to shut down, no different than being fired. Plus as I understand it, this person was on a company trip, I maybe wrong. Employers can an do investigate your Facebook, it can help or hurt you in your employment.

You don't need to "remind" me of anything. I don't live under a rock but thank you

You don't need to "remind" me of anything. I don't live under a rock but thank you

Sort of a saying really, no need to get so uptight over it. Do you have anything else to add or do you just want to be insulted? Merely a form of speech, but I welcome any thought you have about what I wrote other than coming off as being insulted.

Sort of a saying really, no need to get so uptight over it. Do you have anything else to add or do you just want to be insulted? Merely a form of speech, but I welcome any thought you have about what I wrote other than coming off as being insulted.

Not insulted at all. Talk about being "uptight":lmao: I see you edited your original post to add this other dribble:rotfl: NO, I have said everything I have to say on the subject but will add your "form of speech" or "saying" is really condescending and pompous;) Hey, you have yourself a nice turkey day, OK?:rotfl:

Not insulted at all. Talk about being "uptight":lmao: I see you edited your original post to add this other dribble:rotfl: NO, I have said everything I have to say on the subject but will add your "form of speech" or "saying" is really condescending and pompous;) Hey, you have yourself a nice turkey day, OK?:rotfl:

Yes I did edit it. I had something I wanted to add. Wow, you caught me. I am shaking in my boots.

And, if someone does something that negatively impacts his or her employer, chances are high you might get fired. People get fired everyday for immature behavior, why should she be treated differently?

Because dong such enables the stupidity of the mob. People who seem to have nothing to do but be morally indignant over a stupid act. Acts have consequences some say I don't want this pig near me says someone on this all because of one picture, do people have the right to be offended yes but the threats the I hope she looses her job and stays unemployable?

Looks like her FB post was a smashing success. She certainly got the attention she was craving.

Jim

Well it doesn't matter when any of us thinks because she was in fact fired yesterday.

We wish to announce that the two employees recently involved in the Arlington Cemetery incident are no longer employees of LIFE. Again, we deeply regret any disrespect to members of the military and their families. The incident and publicity has been very upsetting to the learning disabled population we serve. To protect our residents, any comments, however well-intentioned, will be deleted. We appreciate your concern and understanding as we focus on the care of our community.

http://falmouth.patch.com/articles/...ter-posting-disrespectful-picture-to-facebook

We the LIFE organisation are too keen on keeping people who have nothing better to do than be offended over every slight happy that two people are now sacked. Mind you I wouldn't want to work with a bunch of wimps like that grow a back bone ignore the mob and get back to work.

We the LIFE organisation are too keen on keeping people who have nothing better to do than be offended over every slight happy that two people are now sacked. Mind you I wouldn't want to work with a bunch of wimps like that grow a back bone ignore the mob and get back to work.

I'm not sure what you are attempting to say. Is this a quote that got jumbled up? Or are you accusing the organization of firing them only because of the outrage?

As many here have pointed out, the two individuals were on company time and showed a lack of judgement. And, even if it was because of the outrage, you need to keep in mind that a company such as that relies on public support for its funding. The company had many, many reasons to fire them and chose to do so.

How would you feel if someone flipped of your dead loved ones, and posted a pic? What that person did was vile and offensive, and I'm glad she lost her job.

People need to grow up and realize that actions sometimes equal consequences. Do what you want, but realize if you are making a bad choice in what you are doing, there may be equally as bad consequences.

It has nothing to do with growing a backbone, it has to do with being accountable for your actions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter