Should I change to a spilt stay?

I wouldn’t just for 4 nights. 16 is a lot in one place, but so is 12 - unless it was 8 & 8 or thereabouts I’d stay put and save a decent chunk of money.
I love split stays especially for anything over 6 days as I get tired of the same place but I agree with @AquaDame. I don't think 12 vs 16 would make that much difference plus you're loss of credits. If you think you just really want to try another place, Beach Club is wonderful!

I wouldn’t just for 4 nights. 16 is a lot in one place, but so is 12 - unless it was 8 & 8 or thereabouts I’d stay put and save a decent chunk of money.
Agree with ^this^, 16 (& 12) is a long time in one place. BUT whether it is worth it to move or not is up to you/them.

Yeah I’m going to keep an eye out on discounts for the 4 night part. Is it not more than likely the offer would want us to include park tickets again that we would already have
is there a different deluxe resort you would possibly pick or would you definitely stay put still
Are you working with a traveI agent? Disney TA's don't cost anything, & they can keep up on all the discounts that may pop up between now and then. I'm not sure they can be recommended on here, but I'm sure you can find one or 20. ;)

Last edited:
We do split stays every trip. We do long trips as well, and now split-stays as we did get bored with the offerings when we stayed in one spot. We do not have children, so we can easily do a 3-way split - usually something like 4 days at Pop!, 5 days at POFQ or Coronado, and then the last 5-6 days at a deluxe - usually WL or AKL.

is there a different deluxe resort you would possibly pick or would you definitely stay put still
This is my own view, opinion and experience, so it's very subjective with what's important to us on Disney trips.

We used to rent DVC points so stayed in the villas in most of the deluxe resorts we visited. The Beach Club was good, but food choices are limited in the resort, however with access to other resorts including Swan and Dolphin and Boardwalk area, in walking distance, there's plenty of options (we always visit other resorts to dine, shop etc anyway). I've stayed at Swan but would not stay again, definitely not Disney enough for me, although the room was large and so chic.

I loved Bay Lake Tower, being able to walk to MK, and visit the other monorail resorts to dine in the evenings too was the big pull for us. I'm planning some time in the Poly next year (just waiting for Disney holidays from UK to be released). GF is on my bucket list, and I'll definitely stay one day..........

I have a soft spot for AKL, but as others often comment, it's seems so far from parks, dining etc, that said I would stay again. The savannah view room was magical, and the dining options are good, but you cannot walk anywhere from the resort.

As previously mentioned, packing and unpacking is a pain IMHO. Our experience of split stays has been mostly positive, with Disney moving your luggage and even storing chilled food for you. But one year I was unwell for a few days, and on move day, I struggled to be without a room to rest in, I sat in reception waiting desperately to be allocated a room to lie down. Something to consider when you have two small children.

Last edited:

This is my own view, opinion and experience, so it's very subjective with what's important to us on Disney trips.

We used to rent DVC points so stayed in the villas in most of the deluxe resorts we visited. The Beach Club was good, but food choices are limited in the resort, however with access to other resorts including Swan and Dolphin and Boardwalk area, in walking distance, there's plenty of options (we always visit other resorts to dine, shop etc anyway). I've stayed at Swan but would not stay again, definitely not Disney enough for me, although the room was large and so chic.

I loved Bay Lake Tower, being able to walk to MK, and visit the other monorail resorts to dine in the evenings too was the big pull for us. I'm planning some time in the Poly next year (just waiting for Disney holidays from UK to be released). GF is on my bucket list, and I'll definitely stay one day..........

I have a soft spot for AKL, but as others often comment, it's seems so far from parks, dining etc, that said I would stay again. The savannah view room was magical, and the dining options are good, but you cannot walk anywhere from the resort.

As previously mentioned, packing and unpacking is a pain IMHO. Our experience of split stays has been mostly positive, with Disney moving your luggage and even storing chilled food for you. But one year I was unwell for a few days, and on move day, I struggled to be without a room to rest in, I sat in reception waiting desperately to be allocated a room to lie down. Something to consider when you have two small children.
Yeah I think after reading all the helpful comments and the fact it’s a extra 1300 plus 300 dining credit loss we should probably just stay put and put the extra money towards a future trip

I don't like split stays, I mean I really don't like them.

My only suggestion in your case is, I'd choose Yacht Club instead of Beach because all the rooms have balconies.

Just out of interest why is it you don’t like them so much
I like unpacking and staying in the same place for the vacation.

I do a lot of research on the resorts I stay at, room categories & room locations, the room lottery once per trip is enough for me.

We go enough that if I want to stay somewhere, I'll stay there next time.

I've stayed at almost every resort I want to stay at, many multiples of times.

Split stays are like everything else, some like them, some don't.

We did a triple split - BR, RIV, VGF our last trip. No problem swapping and the turnover was easy for us. But like others said, add some spice and make a big transition if you switch. The BC is totally overrated so go with somewhere out of the box. And 12 days...dude...you need a 1 br with laundry. Peace of mind, sanity, and clean clothes....for real.

We did a triple split - BR, RIV, VGF our last trip. No problem swapping and the turnover was easy for us. But like others said, add some spice and make a big transition if you switch. The BC is totally overrated so go with somewhere out of the box. And 12 days...dude...you need a 1 br with laundry. Peace of mind, sanity, and clean clothes....for real.
What deluxe resort would u have went with 🧐

What deluxe resort would u have went with 🧐
So the YC is our overall favorite deluxe. But of our triple split, I actually think the Rivieria. The VGF feels a million miles from everything. Boulder Ridge was nice and quiet. The Riviera was elegant, but still had a certain amount of hustle and bustle.

We actually love split stays! It gives us the taste of two different vacations because we have access to a different area, restaurants, and new pools. Our upcoming trip is 5 nights at Board Walk Inn and 5 nights at Ft. Wilderness Cabins.

We actually love split stays! It gives us the taste of two different vacations because we have access to a different area, restaurants, and new pools. Our upcoming trip is 5 nights at Board Walk Inn and 5 nights at Ft. Wilderness Cabins.
Sounds amazing. Hope you all have a great time ☺️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter