Should I change to a spilt stay?

Garyjames220

DIS Veteran
Hey so me, my wife and three year old twin girls have booked for the end of November this year

We have 16 nights at Caribbean beach resort and then 4 nights on the Disney fantasy

I’m wondering would you change to 12 nights at Caribbean beach and then 4 nights at beach club and then 4 night cruise

If I done that in dollars it’s about 1300 more. Plus I would lose nearly 300 in the dining credit as I get 72 a night in dining credit which doesn’t include spilt stays.

I liked the look of beach club, let me know if you would pick a different deluxe hotel instead. The Polly and grand Floridian are out as there quite a bit more again but all the rest and roughly around the same price.

Or would you save the cash as this trip is around costing £17k in pounds (guessing that’s nearly 20k in dollars)

I just wasn’t sure if breaking it up a bit might be worth it

Let me know what you think 🙂

Personally, I hate split stays. The day you change resorts you're "homeless" for most of the day. You also have to re-pack/un-pack all your stuff. With the 3-year olds this is a significant effort.

Having said that, Beach Club is a great resort. Other good choices would be the Poly and perhaps Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I would save the money and credits and wait for a different trip. You’ve enough going on right now 🙂.

You will find yourself in a very different environment when staying at Crescent Lake though. It’s a great resting spot when MK becomes less of an attraction and HS and Epcot beckon. The kids will enjoy the amazing pool complex too.

When you have a split stay you also lose your dining ressie advantage(60+10+rolling) for those four days at the BC. You start over on you first night of the BC ressie. Agree with previous poster that BC is a great resort. Part of why it's so great are the pools. If your not pool people it truly would be better to just stay at CB.

If you split stay, it should be a on a park day. You won't notice being homeless as much though, but you would be packing up after being settled for 8 nights before you leave. Please note bell services cannot hold any of your refrigerated items transferred between resorts.

For a trip that long, I, personally, would want to split it up. That being said, while I LOVE BC, it's not worth spending $1300 more to switch for 4 nights. As PP noted, I would be more inclined to do an 8/8 night split even if it were between 2 mods, just to get a change of scenery, but I don't know how the math would work out for you as it sounds like you are doing a package for UK residents?

I’d definitely recommend a split stay, rather then stay at CBR for 16 nights. I agree with a previous poster though….maybe spend the 4 nights at a different moderate like CSR or POFQ.

POFQ has a nice splash pad and small playground, perfect for 3 year olds. :)

We’ve done a fair amount of split stays. They are not my favorite thing, but work if you want to check out different resorts or save some $$$ (as in changing from a deluxe to a moderate, etc.). I would probably do 8 nights in one resort and 8 in another though (you would need to work the numbers for the best combination for your family). 16 days in one resort would be a bit much for me, even those I truly enjoy. Plan for a “move” on a park day so you will be busy until your room should be ready (they should text you). I like the idea of POFQ (another moderate) or perhaps consider the WL (also a deluxe resort, but not on the monorail - watercraft to the MK - a bit less expensive…..and it is gorgeous :goodvibes ).

For a trip that long, I, personally, would want to split it up. That being said, while I LOVE BC, it's not worth spending $1300 more to switch for 4 nights. As PP noted, I would be more inclined to do an 8/8 night split even if it were between 2 mods, just to get a change of scenery, but I don't know how the math would work out for you as it sounds like you are doing a package for UK residents?
Yeah the package we have got gets a 72 dollar per a night dining credit so if I done 8 and 8 I would lose 8 nights dining credit which would be a bit of a shame

We love the split stays. We just make sure transition day is a park day or a pool day, so we don't miss the room. That only gets messed up if the day is washed out by rain!! But the 12/4 split stay sounds fun - it's almost like starting another vacation by moving to BC. It's one of our favorite resorts. The locations aren't that very different, as you'll have Skyliner from CBR to EP/HS. From BC, you can walk, boat, skyline to EP/HS. But both places will require a bus for AK/MK. I don't know that you need any extra options, but have you looked at AKL as a potential option? It's an incredible resort and is very different from CBR and BC - and probably not as expensive at GF or Poly. Whatever you decide, you have great choices - none bad! Enjoy your very nice and lengthy trip!

Losing any dining credit is a financial hit plus the additional cost of BC, however I would definitely make the move. Your dining should spill over to the first day at the new resort as you check out (read the fine print to be sure). Beach Club is one of the most sought after resorts at WDW.

Being at BC will give you an opportunity to walk to the International Gateway without any transportation issues which is such a freedom. DH and I often get kid's meals for ourselves, however in your situation, get adult meals and feed the kids too as entrees tend to be large. We like to get pretzels at Norway and munch on those through the day.

We try to be careful about overspending, but IMO it can get obsessive and we just try to run with it and enjoy our trip. You are spending a small fortune so you might as well enjoy your trip! I believe BC will give you an great send off for your cruise. If you can afford it do it LOL!

:tink:

I love split stays but I question the value of moving from CB to BC. Better to stay at a MK resort or mix it up and do something totally different like AK. Also 12 nights in 1 place is a really long time, especially in a single room without a kitchen and laundry. Have you looked into renting DVC points and staying in a villa by any chance? Even a few in room meals would be a lot cheaper and healthier than eating everything in the parks.

Are there any other deals possible? I’d keep that in mind, especially if you’re active in the Disney community anyway. Like right now Free Dining is only scheduled for stays through Sept, but typically (pre-covid) they’d come out with a second round sometime in spring for fall stays. Be on the lookout for other discounts as well.

Packing up and unpacking can be a pain with split stay, especially with kids. But for a long stay like yours? I’d definitely go with a split stay to mix things up.

Keep your eye out and compare options.

Having stayed the Beach Club (once) there are many positives including Stormalong Bay and being within walking distance of the World Showcase. Having said that, the slide at Stormalong Bay could be a tad too big for 3 year olds, and the World Showcase may not be your priority, again with 3 year olds. I do split stays a lot (you can see in my signature), but I agree that packing up and moving is a pain, but with small ones you may find it's even more of a nuisance. My vote goes for sticking with one resort on this particular occasion.

I love split stays but I question the value of moving from CB to BC. Better to stay at a MK resort or mix it up and do something totally different like AK. Also 12 nights in 1 place is a really long time, especially in a single room without a kitchen and laundry. Have you looked into renting DVC points and staying in a villa by any chance? Even a few in room meals would be a lot cheaper and healthier than eating everything in the parks.
Yeah we did look at that but we have stayed with the girls for two weeks when they were one last and it all went very well

because we only go every few years we don’t mind doing nice meals out at disney, just need to hit the gym when I get back lol

Are there any other deals possible? I’d keep that in mind, especially if you’re active in the Disney community anyway. Like right now Free Dining is only scheduled for stays through Sept, but typically (pre-covid) they’d come out with a second round sometime in spring for fall stays. Be on the lookout for other discounts as well.

Packing up and unpacking can be a pain with split stay, especially with kids. But for a long stay like yours? I’d definitely go with a split stay to mix things up.

Keep your eye out and compare options.
Yeah I’m going to keep an eye out on discounts for the 4 night part. Is it not more than likely the offer would want us to include park tickets again that we would already have

Having stayed the Beach Club (once) there are many positives including Stormalong Bay and being within walking distance of the World Showcase. Having said that, the slide at Stormalong Bay could be a tad too big for 3 year olds, and the World Showcase may not be your priority, again with 3 year olds. I do split stays a lot (you can see in my signature), but I agree that packing up and moving is a pain, but with small ones you may find it's even more of a nuisance. My vote goes for sticking with one resort on this particular occasion.

is there a different deluxe resort you would possibly pick or would you definitely stay put still

To me, it’s not worth it to move to Beach Club for more money. With the Skyliner , you are basically dropped off right outside international gateway at Epcot or HS. The evening park hours for deluxe level hotels on Mon and Wednesday are probably not that useful with 3 years olds that aren’t staying up past 10 pm.

If you want to break up CBR, I would go for AKL or WL with its MK boat access. Deluxe but normally cheaper than Beach Club. Another option is another moderate like PO Riverside or French Quarter. There you have boat service to DS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter