Shopping - Love it or Hate it?

I usually have something in mind already before I go in and that helps.
I usually know what I want and never seem to find it. I feel like I am looking for something that must not exist.

Shouldn't be that hard to find a green, long sleeve (short sleeve would have been okay), mid-calf length, not low cut, full skirt dress, right? :laughing:

I usually know what I want and never seem to find it. I feel like I am looking for something that must not exist.

Shouldn't be that hard to find a green, long sleeve (short sleeve would have been okay), mid-calf length, not low cut, full skirt dress, right? :laughing:
I think green dress is hard to find. I have 3/4 length sleeve fill dress that I wear to church and other events at Christmas.

I had difficult time finding blue dress I had pictured in my mind. I had be willing compromise and rethink accessories but find something I was happy to wear out.

Did you post anything else? If so, I'm not seeing it

jump up to what....The Bay? Holt Renfrew? Isn't The Bay mid-range?
:blush: Ooops - I didn't even know that posted. I thought I'd deleted it. Yes, we do have The Bay, which would roughly be equivalent to your Macy's. From there it's straight up to Nordstrom/Saks/Holt Renfrew and I'm rarely ever interested in spending that kind of money for mundane things. What I miss most (and personally consider mid-range) is Sears and I would love to have a JC Penney. Target failed spectacularly and in doing so took out another Canadian retail institution - Zellers, which was similar to Wal-Mart but with a good variety of different product lines.

I had difficult time finding blue dress I had pictured in my mind. I had be willing compromise and rethink accessories but find something I was happy to wear out.

I actually had a hard time finding ANY dresses at all. I would have been okay comprising in color but not as much in length and neckline. I wanted a simple but nice one that I could wear to work or if I was to ever go out also.

I actually had a hard time finding ANY dresses at all. I would have been okay comprising in color but not as much in length and neckline. I wanted a simple but nice one that I could wear to work or if I was to ever go out also.

I have really good luck at macys online. They usually have sales and lots dresses on clearance. If I dont like the dress I just drop it at the macys store. It helps once you know what cut and styles of dress you like and I read lot reviews.

:blush: Ooops - I didn't even know that posted. I thought I'd deleted it. Yes, we do have The Bay, which would roughly be equivalent to your Macy's. From there it's straight up to Nordstrom/Saks/Holt Renfrew and I'm rarely ever interested in spending that kind of money for mundane things. What I miss most (and personally consider mid-range) is Sears and I would love to have a JC Penney. Target failed spectacularly and in doing so took out another Canadian retail institution - Zellers, which was similar to Wal-Mart but with a good variety of different product lines.

I think I was in a Zellers in the Vancouver area about 20 years ago. I liked Eaton's too.

I have really good luck at macys online. They usually have sales and lots dresses on clearance. If I dont like the dress I just drop it at the macys store. It helps once you know what cut and styles of dress you like and I read lot reviews.
Macy's was about the only store I went to that had any dresses. I have a hard time with dresses fitting right, my top half is a size (or two) larger than the bottom half most of the time. I will look at a dress on a model and the neckline looks fine, then I try it on and half my chest if falling out. To me it is just as easy to go to the store and look as it is to order and have to return. I still have to drive an hour to do the exchange/return.

Like I said I really really dislike shopping. Clothes shopping I hate the most.

I LOVE shopping when I'm spending someone else's money :) As a librarian, much of my job was seeking donations/funding from the community and writing grants, and I got to use the money to create programming for the kids in the community, and I had a budget to buy books and materials for my department. Roughly 1/4 of my time at work was spent either soliciting money or spending it. I miss having thousands of dollars at my disposal!

Not to hijack your thread but this is really cute dress
I like that dress. The right color, right length, right neck line. The skirt is a light less full then I was looking for but still good (not skin tight).

I know who to come to next time I am looking for something. 😁

Hate it. I use to love going shopping but anymore I just want to grab what I need and get out. I prefer to do it online now especially this time of year because I can’t stand all the idiots who think they’re the only ones in the store. They block the aisles, shove their way around you, push their carts into you. It’s like no one has any manners anymore.

Usually if it's something more mundane I'm not a huge fan--groceries, clothing, things of that nature--but if I'm going out shopping at all I usually have a goal in mind of what I actually want, which is much more fun, lol

Unless, of course, you double-check with a store that they have something very specific and hard to find only to arrive and find out their inventory counts are off :jester:
Then I actually get legitimately upset

Those are beauteous and if I were your age I'd snap them up in a nanosecond.
But those were the days and now this is my idea of true love:

View attachment 459046

Some shoes, I can buy online others not. I've found that when some designers use factories in different countries the same shoe last isn't always used.
Adding Paul Green to the list of shoemakers who I can't order online.GRR.
Shoes arrived Wednesday afternoon and they are wayyyyyy too big. Off to a local store this morning to see what's available. We are leaving Friday on a 6:00 AM train which means I'm at the do or die point. Of course I could always buy shoes in DC but I want to sightsee not shop.

PS- I am now entering the hate phase of shopping;).

Used to love it. Now I hate it. I loved it when it was more of a hobby, way to spend time with friends, and I was young and cute :crazy: Now I feel old and, well, not as cute, and hate it. And I have no time for it, so I feel it is just a waste of time.

Target in Canada was basically very much still like Zellers, but with a Target label. It was HORRIBLE (even though its Canadian, i hated Zellers). Dont know what they were thinking with that Target, but good riddance! PS: I miss Sears very much. I liked that dept store. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter