• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHIP OF FOOLS SISTERHOOD - Strong & Healthy in 2005!!!

Just think Sandy, come cruise time, the 2 of us will take up the same space 1 of us used to! I think we are going to have to reintroduce ourselves, we won't know each other!

Poor Jerry just can't seem to lose more than the 6 pounds. I don't think he eats enough during the day. I keep telling him to take more food with him.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I have been doing really well this week so far. Since I made the decision Ive been really paying attention to what Im doing and it feels great!

You all are such an inspiration to me!

Great job on the race!! You beat the previous times...that's what counts. For me I can only do about a mile as a slightly brisk pace because I get terrible shin spints! :cheer2:

Welcome Binny. Good luck!! Keep up the good work!

I am at 16# weight loss...slow but sure. As long as I can get in a couple of my old cruise clothes...not going for skinny minnie here. Besides...the skin will just sag even more.

Sandy, I really feel for you with one daughter moving out and another having babies. What a mixture of emotions you must be going through. I remember leaving home when I was 17, to go to work and live in a hotel. It just happened to be the same year as both my brothers got married and left home. My Mother took it all in her stride, but I remember my Father being so affected by the empty nest. He cried and wanted to know why were all leaving! I couldn't understand it then, but now, as time grows closer for Joy to spread her wings, I really sympathise with those emotions.

Pam

Pam, your post made me feel so good. I know it is something we all have to go through but it seems like I am on an emotional roller coaster. One day high for the grandbabies and then then next day a low for the dd moving out.

Bonnie, you are losing and that is all that counts. You are doing a terrific job! Remember all those capri's I like!! Talk about saggy skin....I am the the queen!

hey gang,

I could really use some support today.

We had a wonderful day really. DH and I took the kids to the zoo and we all had a blast they interviewed my kids and it was SO cute! Well we watched it tonight and of course the kids are adorable, I, on the other hand, looked so FAT I didnt recognize myself. I didnt know they were taping us when they did and it wasnt eactly my best angle :rolleyes:

thought at this point Im not sure I HAVE a good angle :(

It just made me REALLY depressed. I dont want to be fat!

binny said:
hey gang,

I could really use some support today.

We had a wonderful day really. DH and I took the kids to the zoo and we all had a blast they interviewed my kids and it was SO cute! Well we watched it tonight and of course the kids are adorable, I, on the other hand, looked so FAT I didnt recognize myself. I didnt know they were taping us when they did and it wasnt eactly my best angle :rolleyes:

thought at this point Im not sure I HAVE a good angle :(

It just made me REALLY depressed. I dont want to be fat!

Binny, none of us want to be fat. However, I do think that we see fat as negative and unattractive. If we lived in Polynesia we would be viewed as beautiful. Which we all are, we are all good people, attractive, sweet natured and kind hearted. What is on the outside is only packaging. What we carry in our hearts is the most important thing. What we want is to be and look our best and we all think that can only be achieved by thinness. OK, well lets go with that and aim for it. But whatever our size, let's not every judge each other, only support and celebrate. I am feeling very low with the closing of the DIS boards. I know we can carry on as before, but I feel I'm losing friends.

Have a good week, all of my Sisters. I am in for a roller coaster as Joy begins her GCSE exams this week, has her Prom and finishes school formally. Suddenly I'm feeling old and worn out - sound sorry for myself, don't I! Sorry girls. I'll be better soon, I promise!

Pam

Binny, ever wonder why news anchors look anorexic when you meet them in person? The camera is not kind, you are making progress and that is something to be proud of. :banana:

Pam I have felt your pain, I was there last year with oldest DD. Now that she is out of nest and at WDW I actually am not looking forward to her return. I know that sounds horrible, but the transition back to living under the "house rules" is going to be hard for everyone in the family. Enjoy this time, and celebrate that you have raised a caring responsible daughter and can send her into the world equiped to make a contributation.

Someone needs to kick me in the butt. I've really slacked off since the race. Hoping to hop back on the wagon with a summer college course weight training will be on Tues, Wed and Thrus night starting may 23rd.

Binny, sorry you are feeling that way. I wish I had some great words of wisdom but I think Pam and EyeRN hit it on the nose.

Pam, don't feel OLD! That is my role as I am becoming that OLD grandparent soon. I think that the closing of the other thread will be ok. Strong relationships were made by several of them and their relationships should withhold the storm. All of you meeting onboard will still be a blast. The closing will not affect me and my plans onboard.

Dee, weight training? How cool is that? Just what I need!!!!!

I could sure use some company. I have this feeling I'll be surronded by 20 something community college kids with buff bodies that just need the credit to fulfill the PE requirement :rotfl:

eye R.N. said:
I could sure use some company. I have this feeling I'll be surronded by 20 something community college kids with buff bodies that just need the credit to fulfill the PE requirement :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

We all need to be proud of ourselves for at least taking the step to make ourselves feel better, no matter what the result.

I do feel I have more energy than before. I am eating healthier and actually more than before.

Maybe as some time goes by, they will let us re-open the cruise thread. Who knows?

I lost 1 pound this week.

Denine said:
We all need to be proud of ourselves for at least taking the step to make ourselves feel better, no matter what the result.

I lost 1 pound this week.

Very well, put Denine. Congrats at the pound off and for doing such a great job. :cheer2:

Denine said:

I totally agree Denine! I can say that I feel better, especially about my ability to control a situation. Previously I just did whatever I wanted with no thought as to whether or not it was good or bad for me. And sometimes, if it was especially bad I would get down on myself for not exercising any self-control. Since I have been trying to diet for the most part I have been able to control myself, and that makes me so proud, regardless of the weight loss.

But the weight loss helps too! Down another pound this week, and 2 last week for a total of 18. I am really starting to feel like I can do this for the long haul, and loose all the weight I need too. Especially thanks to everyone here and your inspiration!

Gabrielle

Hi All,
Haven't posted in awhile....and then there was the shock of our thread being closed. I kept waiting for it to be opened again...am I just dumb ? Am not happy with myself today...legs look dimply...I weigh 145 and I'm 5'11" so this should not be happening...also I walk three times a week. Have decided to add stationary biking to my routine. Loved the narrative...my arms will never be good again, was looking at a catalog earlier this week with CUTE summer dresses...all sleeveless...put me in a foul mood so I threw it away...how childish is that ? 97 days till our cruise, I cannot wait..am hoping to be at 139 by then...a too thin weight, but I will be pigging out on the shrimp and such. Congrats to all those that have lost weight...to any that are near a Trader Joe's ...the new Thai green beans are yummy...you can eat the whole bag for 350 calories and be a happy camper...I had half a bag for lunch, cannot wait to eat the rest of them tomorrow.

I wonder if Tracy is still keeping track of how much total weight we have lost as a group. It would be fun to know. It may give us more motivation.

We just booked a trip to WDW for next month! Now, How do I keep myself motivated while down there and not use it as an excuse to eat? I did good on our 2 trips to HH, but this is different. I guess it will be a test for the upcoming cruise!

no one consistently reported so I stopped doing this. Maybe someone wants to go back and see? No one ever PMed me about this, so what's here is it. Maybe if everyone just says how much they lost so far, we can get a total.

Tracy

Hi Everybody!

Just wanted to drag this off of page 3 and see if anybody is still out there. I know things have been busy with the first repo curise and end of school year activities. Plus starting to count down to our cruise! Is anybody out there still willing to give support for those of us still trying to loose weight?

Do we want to keep track as Tracy suggested? I will start. I am at 18 total lost.

Have a great weekend everybody!

Gabrielle

I stayed the same. Haven't been here in a while. Been really busy and my WW group has not renewed yet (2 weeks now). We need two more people to sign up or we don't start. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter